Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2017 2:57:25 PM EDT
Interesting to note, he is not the frirst. Anyone know of other instructors nixing the P320 from training classes.

For the full info check out his post at instagram

Other guy mallets the crap out of guns, only Sig P320.

Sig P320 hammer test with Glock, HK, Ruger, Kimber...

Omaha Outdoors Drop Test Other Guns None Fail Multiple Angle Drops

Sig P320 hammer test with Glock, HK, Ruger, Kimber...
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Who the fuck wants to train with that douchenugget?

P320s need to be drop safe for hay bale jumping and such.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a huge shitshow for Sig.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell it to the cop who dropped his duty belt in the parking lot. AKA as shit happens.

PS There are now accounts of several other incidents and possibly people injured by P320 due to their not quite drop safe status. Soooo, something to think about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tell it to the cop who dropped his duty belt in the parking lot. AKA as shit happens.

PS There are now accounts of several other incidents and possibly people injured by P320 due to their not quite drop safe status. Soooo, something to think about.
View Quote
Oh yeah I totally get that. I was just making fun of Pincus.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Stupid, just a way for him to promote his useless training.  Plenty of other pistols are more likely to fire if dropped, I doubt he has a list of those that he wishes to exclude.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Here for the gang bang.  Good thing it isn't Harley hate day.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
How progressive of him
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stupid, just a way for him to promote his useless training.  Plenty of other pistols are more likely to fire if dropped, I doubt he has a list of those that he wishes to exclude.
View Quote
Which other pistols?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which other pistols?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which other pistols?
Yep. Name them for us.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry but....who?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How progressive of him
View Quote
How combat focused of him.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Japanese Nambu, maybe...

Although you are not likely to get a lot of guys training with that one in class.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Which other pistols?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which other pistols?
Quoted:

Yep. Name them for us.
**crickets**
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Pincus is grandstanding.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yep. Name them for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which other pistols?
Yep. Name them for us.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Can't we just stick to Civil War II, Rapture, Flag Pooping, or Tranny threads this week?

I think last week everyone said just about everything that needs to be said on this topic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Local 3-gun match here banned them last weekend unless they where 'upgraded'. They where worried about dump buckets and such. Offered loaners to folks that still wanted to play.

I do see a lot more pistols coming out of holsters during 3gun matches vs USPSA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]
His class...his rules??
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I only show up to train with a 320 or known to drop fire aftermarket trigger in a Glock,
Appendix carry,
In a Serpa.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which other pistols?
Yep. Name them for us.
Yeah, "more likely"
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the way, he's a member here, though he doesn't post much. As such, calling him a douchenugget is actually a violation of the CoC. He has a pretty thick skin, though, so I doubt your opinion of him matters enough to him to care.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
For those of us who live under rocks, what's wrong with Pincus?   

I don't know anything about the man and have only seen him on a few of those NRA training videos. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree with that descision. I wonder how upgraded 320's will be marked to verify they were upgraded?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I only show up to train with a 320 or known to drop fire aftermarket trigger in a Glock,
Appendix carry,
In a Serpa.
View Quote
I salute you sir for your humor and satire.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I agree with that descision. I wonder how upgraded 320's will be marked to verify they were upgraded?
View Quote
I believe the upgrade will involve a bitbof machining, which, if correct, ought to be fairly distinguishable, even if it involves removing the slide to verify before class starts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I believe the upgrade will involve a bitbof machining, which, if correct, ought to be fairly distinguishable, even if it involves removing the slide to verify before class starts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope that is the case.    I was interested in getting a P320 and if I decide to get one, I have no intention of buying  one that is not "upgraded."  

I really want to like Sig but this mess has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't know anything about the man and have only seen him on a few of those NRA training videos. 
View Quote
A number of people take issue with some things he's done in the past. At one class, years ago, he took a students pistol and tossed it for some reason (a one time event). He also was pushing something he called ShotFit, which was Crossfit meets shooting, where he introduced physical activity meant to get the heart rate going prior to shooting. One of the things he did on film was hang upside down from the overhead cover at a range and shoot at the target.

He's also not a fan of micro 1911's, as he says they don't hold up well to serious use, such as at a multi hundred round class.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A number of people take issue with some things he's done in the past. At one class, years ago, he took a students pistol and tossed it for some reason (a one time event). He also was pushing something he called ShotFit, which was Crossfit meets shooting, where he introduced physical activity meant to get the heart rate going prior to shooting. One of the things he did on film was hang upside down from the overhead cover at a range and shoot at the target.

He's also not a fan of micro 1911's, as he says they don't hold up well to serious use, such as at a multi hundred round class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-I would need more information about the pistol throwing to be pissed about that (did he have permission, was there a valid reason, etc...).
-Physical activity and shooting?   No problem there.  I sure as hell could use more of both in my life.
-Hang upside down and shoot at a target?   Unorthodox, maybe, but I don't see a reason to be upset at that.
-Micro 1911's (officer models) that don't hold up well to serious use?   I thought that was common knowledge.  

Apart from the first issue, and assuming he didn't have a good reason, he sounds like an interesting guy.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

-I would need more information about the pistol throwing to be pissed about that (did he have permission, was there a valid reason, etc...).
-Physical activity and shooting?   No problem there.  I sure as hell could use more of both in my life.
-Hang upside down and shoot at a target?   Unorthodox, maybe, but I don't see a reason to be upset at that.
-Micro 1911's (officer models) that don't hold up well to serious use?   I thought that was common knowledge.  

Apart from the first issue, and assuming he didn't have a good reason, he sounds like an interesting guy.  
View Quote
He's also a Nevertrumper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently as in he doesn't support Trump now or he was a Nevertrumper during the election and came around after the election?

I wrote openly about wanting Trump to be replaced at the GOP convention (I wanted Cruz).   I didn't think Trump would win and I didn't trust him.    I am happy to admit I was wrong and will gladly vote for Trump when he runs for re-election.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please. 1911's need to have old/worn out firing pin springs and be dropped directly on the muzzle onto a hard surface like concrete. Dropped at any other angle, the gun will not fire. Should this happen the round will discharge at the ground. This is corrected by installing a FP/EP firing pin spring and/or the series 80 mechanism. When drop fired, an in-spec 1911 hammer does not fall...

The Sig? Fall any which way and BAM, the striker drops, firing the round any which way.

The first is simple physics. The second is a design flaw.

I'm a Sig fan and my EDC is a P938 which is fantastic. They dropped the fucking ball and need to own it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Does he strip them down and inspect them?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is a huge shitshow for Sig.
View Quote
Suprised cohen hasnt been shown the door yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
In light 9f the seriousness of the issue, why wouldn't he, and why would a student have a problem with showing the instructor that the gun has been made safe? Afterall, the instructor's job is not just to impart knowledge, it's also to take reasonable precautions to mitigate the danger to students.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck Ronald McPincus, he's just a salesman trying to market himself.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe its a ploy to get people to buy pd10s
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In light 9f the seriousness of the issue, why wouldn't he, and why would a student have a problem with showing the instructor that the gun has been made safe? Afterall, the instructor's job is not just to impart knowledge, it's also to take reasonable precautions to mitigate the danger to students.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the point. How can you take the student or Sigs word for it?  Gotta check yourself. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I've never understood the hate for him hear either. I've never taken a class with him, but I have taken a Combat Focus class with someone I have immense respect for, that worked directly with him several years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most officer models have aluminum frames, about 1999 or earlier one of the gun writers wrote about one of the manufacturers rating their Al frames in the low 20k or something. Much asshurt at the time. Also the smaller guns are harder on parts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Rob Pincus is fucking clownshoes anyways.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
No more than the ass I posted about shit talking BUGs  and recommending knives instead.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Will they all have the FDE trigger like the MIL model, or were those just the initial photos SIG put out?

That would make them really easy to ID, but there would also be a shit storm of bitching about a non-matching finish.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
j
By the way, he's a member here, though he doesn't post much. As such, calling him a douchenugget is actually a violation of the CoC. He has a pretty thick skin, though, so I doubt your opinion of him matters enough to him to care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

j
LoL!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do they allow open competitors with highly modified Glocks and 2011s?

Because hard core gaming guns overall aren't all that drop safe either.
View Quote
I have lost track of the number of Open hair trigger Glocks and 1911 guns I have seen DQ, but not get DQ'd, from a smidge of finger on trigger, but since the ND impacted several feet in front of but in line with the target they claimed it was a miss and not a DQ.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't recall hearing of him.

Is he some USPSA/IDPA/3 gun top level shooter, former SOF guy, a Cory that actually finished basic but shoots good, Yeager tool clone, ... some dude that shoots really good so just trying to make an honest living of it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Don't recall hearing of him.

Is he some USPSA/IDPA/3 gun top level shooter, former SOF guy, a Cory that actually finished basic but shoots good, Yeager tool clone, ... some dude that shoots really good so just trying to make an honest living of it?
View Quote
None of the above except the Cory reference as has once in the Army.  No skill, no real LE or military background, no competitive background.  I would honestly say that Yeager has a better resume.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

does he use "bro" and "dawg" in the same sentence? Like "Bro, if you aren't shooting a Larry Vickers glock you're gonna die, Dawg".
I love that shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top