Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't live there either, I'm spending 25 bucks I really shouldn't right now and 15 for an over priced hat.  Match me.

https://www.vcdl.org/Join-VCDL
View Quote
I’ll be joining them, and I work with people that are close to them (in VA and out of VA)
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If those statutes are read carefully (reading is for faggots) it appears these laws will impact ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Blank Panthers and the racist skinhead type groups rather than a bunch of nerdy white guys going to a carbine class or the shootin' range.  The part about  and  does not apply to regular training classes or range shooting UNLESS the instructor, range officer or self appointed range leader starts shouting orders about needing to learn to shoot down democrats, liberals, etc while doing the training and then going and doing so.

I'm sure arfcom will interpret it differently, but from reading those statutes the leftist groups who DO train to create disorder, intimidation and deaths would be the ones in violation.  It has never been part of the Constitution that we can train in the use of firearms or use firearms to create civil unrest, intimidation or deaths.  While we all fantasize about overthrowing a Biden or Warren government by force it would still be illegal.  But by the time we get to the needing shooting part, it won't matter anyway, nor will this VA law if passed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If those statutes are read carefully (reading is for faggots) it appears these laws will impact ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Blank Panthers and the racist skinhead type groups rather than a bunch of nerdy white guys going to a carbine class or the shootin' range.  The part about
for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder
and
with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons
does not apply to regular training classes or range shooting UNLESS the instructor, range officer or self appointed range leader starts shouting orders about needing to learn to shoot down democrats, liberals, etc while doing the training and then going and doing so.

I'm sure arfcom will interpret it differently, but from reading those statutes the leftist groups who DO train to create disorder, intimidation and deaths would be the ones in violation.  It has never been part of the Constitution that we can train in the use of firearms or use firearms to create civil unrest, intimidation or deaths.  While we all fantasize about overthrowing a Biden or Warren government by force it would still be illegal.  But by the time we get to the needing shooting part, it won't matter anyway, nor will this VA law if passed.
Make no mistake it will be used to quell civil disobedience and suppress political protest. It is designed to discourage affronting protest and fence the vast majority of gun owners into narrow polite behavior. It’s intended to shrink the overturn window. As for Antifa, selective enforcement will be normal
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like the boogaloo is going to start in Virginia
View Quote
New York...FO time!
New Jersey ...FO time!
California...FO time!
Maryland...FO time!
Massachusetts ...FO time!
Connecticut ...FO time!
Colorado...FO time!
Illinois...FO time!
Hawaii...FO time!
DC...FO time!

Virginia....now its FO time. Nothing is gonna happen, just like nothing has happened in any other state.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Won't be the first time yankee interlopers have forced their unconstitutional laws on the Old Dominion state.  Lots of statues and monuments and too many graveyards full of soldiers on both sides in that state.  Seems only right to push the envelope in the capital.  They will arrest some people for their silly unconstitutional laws but they will find out that number will end before they are through.  The ghosts of the past will fill the hearts of true patriots and guide their beliefs and actions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Actually, it is if you read it with a lawyerly eye.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The first two provisions of the law regarding paramilitary activity have been on the books since 1987 in VA.

The only thing new is the third provision about open carry with intent to intimidate and over two dozen states have similar statutes on the books, to include open carry friendly states.

The only four states that dont have something like this on the books regarding paramilitary activity, iirc, are HI, AK, UT and ME.

ETA -- There is also an existing statute with a bunch of exceptions to these provisions that people dont knownexists, because they don't bother to use the google machine or read the relevant statutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it fake?

https://i.imgur.com/FUYjc1jl.jpg

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64+hil
The first two provisions of the law regarding paramilitary activity have been on the books since 1987 in VA.

The only thing new is the third provision about open carry with intent to intimidate and over two dozen states have similar statutes on the books, to include open carry friendly states.

The only four states that dont have something like this on the books regarding paramilitary activity, iirc, are HI, AK, UT and ME.

ETA -- There is also an existing statute with a bunch of exceptions to these provisions that people dont knownexists, because they don't bother to use the google machine or read the relevant statutes.
Nice try, but no. You might try actually reading the statutes you think are similar to what Va is proposing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

New York...FO time!
New Jersey ...FO time!
California...FO time!
Maryland...FO time!
Connecticut ...FO time!
Colorado...FO time!
Illinois...FO time!
Hawaii...FO time!
DC...FO time!

Virginia....now its FO time. Nothing is gonna happen, just like nothing has happened in any other state.
View Quote
Difference is, they’re attempting to become the strictest gun control state in the nation overnight. Other states went at it much slower.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have said it before, and honestly at at this point might or might not say it again, because it's getting close to pencils-down time;

These people intend to steal your shit, lock you up, and/or kill you and your family.  Neofeudalism with a first-world veneer. This has been their goal since before most GD'ers were born, and they are not fucking around.

They suck at a lot of things and often couldn't organize a fuckup in a whorehouse, but they're really good at being corrupt weasels and finagling their way into power.

Quoted:
If those statutes are read carefully (reading is for faggots) it appears these laws will impact ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Blank Panthers and the racist skinhead type groups rather than a bunch of nerdy white guys going to a carbine class or the shootin' range.  The part about  and  does not apply to regular training classes or range shooting UNLESS the instructor, range officer or self appointed range leader starts shouting orders about needing to learn to shoot down democrats, liberals, etc while doing the training and then going and doing so.  

I'm sure arfcom will interpret it differently, but from reading those statutes the leftist groups who DO train to create disorder, intimidation and deaths would be the ones in violation.  It
has never been part of the Constitution that we can train in the use of firearms or use firearms to create civil unrest, intimidation or deaths.  While we all fantasize about overthrowing a Biden or Warren government by force it would still be illegal.  But by the time we get to the needing shooting part, it won't matter anyway, nor will this VA law if passed.
View Quote
I don't mean this as an insult, but you're smoking crack.   We're talking about the rule of men here, not laws, the primary point of which is that the law applies to who they say it applies to, and when.   The words on paper don't mean fuckall.

They intend to use things like this to put the screws to people like us while groups like antifa do whatever they please.   It's already happening in many parts of the US.

Quoted:

Difference is, they’re attempting to become the strictest gun control state in the nation overnight. Other states went at it much slower.
View Quote
The bigger difference is that the other places went first, and are now shitholes where moonbats and illegals assault normal people with a reasonable expectation of getting away with it while the MSM and Dem politicians cheer them on - all while people watch the Dems in DC act like a bunch of lunatics.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:37:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I have never had any desire to join a militia. But reading that makes me want to go out and join a militia.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New York...FO time!
New Jersey ...FO time!
California...FO time!
Maryland...FO time!
Connecticut ...FO time!
Colorado...FO time!
Illinois...FO time!
Hawaii...FO time!
DC...FO time!

Why? Because they know they’ll get away with it with no opposition.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Northam and goons are going balls to the wall. Unbelievable

https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/virginia-legislators-double-down-paramilitary-activity-firearms-training-to-be-a-felony
View Quote
That bill could, with very little imagination, apply to all re-enacting groups.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 years we’ve waited on Barr.

And nothing.
View Quote
Barr is Sessions 2.0 with 100% more crony coverup.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#16]
First they take away the 2nd Amendment, then the other Amendments fall as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
All gun laws, and specifically "paramilitary" laws involving training and assembling while armed are specifically aimed at preventing The People from being in a position to overthrow an overreaching government, sold to The People as "safety" which it does nothing to provide.  Governments by nature inevitably infringe on the rights of the constituency which the Founding Fathers understood hence specific language protecting the right to keep and bear arms for the sole purpose of literally intimidating and/or shooting the Government and its agents when they step out of line, ergo every attempt by the Government to restrict the right to keep and bear arms is a naked grasp at undermining The People in their own interests.  Hence all the packaging in For The Children, Safety, Law And Order, and Public Interests wrapping always with a ribbon of Be Afraid Of Your Fellow Citizens on top.

CMM
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Seems like it's time to amass peacefully but armed at the VA capital and see if they have the balls to carry through with this draconian bullshit.

Force them to act in a way that sways public opinion against them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
My God!

Did you just crawl out from under a rock or something?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How is it fake?

https://i.imgur.com/FUYjc1jl.jpg

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64+hil
View Quote
So what were lawful open carry rally's now make us felons.

And I came back to VA 3 yrs ago by choice.  Fml
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Damn, some folks in VA want a war.
View Quote
I didn't think it possible but what is going on with these proposals is the worst I have ever seen.

And the democrats seem Satanically gleeful as they are doing it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like it violates the First Amendment’s guarantee of the rights to peaceful assembly and association.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#25]
https://apnews.com/27f3287da8604f0ea38b5e4d814ad4c8?

RICHMOND, Va. (AP)  In Virginia, where the Confederacy once had its capital and where political power has historically eluded black people, African Americans have just won unprecedented levels of clout.

Black officials there give ironic credit for the change to President Donald Trump and the voter animosity he's engendered.

"We love Trump, he's our best ally," joked state Sen. Lionell Spruill. "The more that crazy white man talks, the better it is for us."

Since Trump took office, Virginia Democrats have won three straight election cycles and are set to control the legislature next year for the first time in more than two decades. The Democratic gains have been powered in large part by black voters.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Won't be the first time yankee interlopers have forced their unconstitutional laws on the Old Dominion state.  Lots of statues and monuments and too many graveyards full of soldiers on both sides in that state.  Seems only right to push the envelope in the capital.  They will arrest some people for their silly unconstitutional laws but they will find out that number will end before they are through.  The ghosts of the past will fill the hearts of true patriots and guide their beliefs and actions.
View Quote
Pretty much a putz name calling gambit.

It's generational communists that are doing the damage and those they've brainwashed for the last 75 yrs.

It has nothing to do with "yankees"...especially in the American Revolution sense of that label.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#27]
The once proud southern state of Virginia has fallen.  Sad.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#29]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Lucas

She is President/CEO of Lucas Lodge, Lucas Transportation, Portsmouth Day Support Program and Southside Direct Care Provider organizations operating in The Lucas Professional Center located in Portsmouth. Economic development is Senator Lucas' passion and she remains unwavering in her determination to build a hotel. Shares the Name of Churchland High School English Teacher 1975-1977 in Portsmouth Virginia.

-

Lucas Lodge is located in Portsmouth, Virginia. This organization primarily operates in the Mental Health Clinic, Outpatient business / industry within the Health Services sector. Lucas Lodge is estimated to generate $280,370 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 12 people at this branch location.

Lisa Lucas-Burke

City Council
Title: Vice Mayor

https://www.portsmouthva.gov/Directory.aspx?EID=165

Lisa joined her family business as Program Director (October 2000) and currently serves as Executive Director and partner with her mother and sister with Lucas Lodge entities operating at Lucas Professional Center in Portsmouth.  Lisa also enjoys her private business opportunity serving as a Mary Kay beauty consultant, since 1994.

FAMILY

Lisa is the first born daughter of Senator L. Louise Lucas and the late Otis M. Lucas.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So do I understand correctly that I am still to just knee jerk and not read the actual words (civil disorder/intimidate, etc) ?
View Quote
And the communists never write ambiguously written laws to use against their political opponents .

All they have to do is have the da say _____ group of shooters was planning on murdering a pol, voila , guilty

You trust gov too much
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#31]
If we had a plan, we would park a Black gun rights group with banners right here, next week

VA Politicians need squeezed where they have their day job
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Nothing will really be done to stand up to it. VA gun owners will go into hiding because they are more concerned with taking care of their daily lives. Arfcom will again be the medium for folks to bitch about oppression and chat about revolutionary tactical masturbation. The left has won; they’re not going to come face to face with you. It’s the slowly boiling frog. They’ll just legislate you to the point that you’re too scared about losing your comfortable life to fight back. It would be a whole lot easier if the gestapo showed up and started violently taking your guns. Instead, they’ll just threaten you with the idea of legal consequences.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Will Civil War Reenacting even be legal there now?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
If those statutes are read carefully (reading is for faggots) it appears these laws will impact ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Blank Panthers and the racist skinhead type groups rather than a bunch of nerdy white guys going to a carbine class or the shootin' range.  The part about
for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder
and
with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons
does not apply to regular training classes or range shooting UNLESS the instructor, range officer or self appointed range leader starts shouting orders about needing to learn to shoot down democrats, liberals, etc while doing the training and then going and doing so.

I doubt the intent of the senator who introduced it did it for the bolded reasons...…….

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Won't stand up in courts. Violates multiple constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Won't stand up in courts. Violates multiple constitutional rights.
View Quote
Depends on which court it goes to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I had a dream where stolen dump trucks were parked blocking all lanes of I-81 and I-95. The dump trucks had Gadsden flags hanging on them. It was terrible, just terrible...

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://apnews.com/27f3287da8604f0ea38b5e4d814ad4c8?

RICHMOND, Va. (AP)  In Virginia, where the Confederacy once had its capital and where political power has historically eluded black people, African Americans have just won unprecedented levels of clout.

Black officials there give ironic credit for the change to President Donald Trump and the voter animosity he's engendered.

"We love Trump, he's our best ally," joked state Sen. Lionell Spruill. "The more that crazy white man talks, the better it is for us."

Since Trump took office, Virginia Democrats have won three straight election cycles and are set to control the legislature next year for the first time in more than two decades. The Democratic gains have been powered in large part by black voters.
View Quote
Douglas Wilder was so good for the commonwealth.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had a dream where stolen dump trucks were parked blocking all lanes of I-81 and I-95. The dump trucks had Gadsden flags hanging on them. It was terrible, just terrible...

View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#41]
First Amendment, Second Amendment, VA State constitution...
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know that this will never be enforced against Antifa, Islamic terror orgs, or communist/ leftist  groups.   It is only for "right wing" groups.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#43]
They also want to make it a felony to teach BJJ, Krav, or other Martial Arts. Lol
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
IIRC there are several Supreme Court decisions stating that you cannot limit people assembling militias.... since the word is actually in the constitution.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#45]
They're going to have to arrest that guy on VA's State flag.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They also want to make it a felony to teach BJJ, Krav, or other Martial Arts. Lol
View Quote
Lolololol ol.

Honk honk
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Trying hard to catch up to China.. maybe even pass them up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty much a putz name calling gambit.

It's generational communists that are doing the damage and those they've brainwashed for the last 75 yrs.

It has nothing to do with "yankees"...especially in the American Revolution sense of that label.
View Quote
Totally disagree. It's not born and bred Virginians doing this, it's NOVA, staffed and populated by Yankees.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It has never been part of the Constitution that we can train in the use of firearms or use firearms to create civil unrest, intimidation or deaths.  While we all fantasize about overthrowing a Biden or Warren government by force it would still be illegal.  But by the time we get to the needing shooting part, it won't matter anyway, nor will this VA law if passed.
View Quote
I suspect you need to go read it again.....

How the hell do you think we got to where we are as a nation? Due in no small part "civil unrest, intimidation and death" brought to The British Crowns doorstep. We didn't earn our freedom from said Crown via harsh language and curse words. It was called the American Revolution not The Big Spat of Words Way Back When.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wonder how someone would take training for ccw permit once this is law.
View Quote
It's already the law, been so for 32 years.  they are proposing adding to the law,  but the training language is the same.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top