Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Bitchez be lovin that shit!
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No comments on the drivers side mural? It’s a dick waterfall!
View Quote

You’re right!    I want to see the original owner.        I’d be shocked if it’s a black guy.  Most likely, Pervy looking white guy.  That’s who typically owned them back in the day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Why would you use a link tracker when you could just post the actual ebay link?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Mine.

I'm going to have this Frazetta art airbrushed on the side:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't run a blacklight in there.
https://i.postimg.cc/m2fPYNvD/83Zo.gif
View Quote

CSI - Semen glows in Black light
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why would you use a link tracker when you could just post the actual ebay link?
View Quote
FIFY  van on ebay
Still stuck on $20K with a couple days to go
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Those late 60s early 70s vans were great.   I had a 65 Ford Econoline for a long time.   Bought it in LA at a power company auction.   It was the first auction I ever went to - I was so nervous the auctioneer had to tell me at one point I'd just bid against myself.    LOTS of trips to the desert, slept many a night in it.  Not customized at all.   Many years in SoCal with it.  When I brought it to NH, it completely disintegrated within a few years from the salt.  With the mid engine, I could sit inside it and work on the engine while it was raining outside.  Or if it was running hot to/from the desert, pop the engine cover up and slowly pour water on the radiator fins while driving along.
I remember seeing that same Frazetta art on a van somewhere.  Maybe even the same van.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice find. The CB radio is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those late 60s early 70s vans were great.   I had a 65 Ford Econoline for a long time.   Bought it in LA at a power company auction.   It was the first auction I ever went to - I was so nervous the auctioneer had to tell me at one point I'd just bid against myself.    LOTS of trips to the desert, slept many a night in it.  Not customized at all.   Many years in SoCal with it.  When I brought it to NH, it completely disintegrated within a few years from the salt.  With the mid engine, I could sit inside it and work on the engine while it was raining outside.  Or if it was running hot to/from the desert, pop the engine cover up and slowly pour water on the radiator fins while driving along.
I remember seeing that same Frazetta art on a van somewhere.  Maybe even the same van.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nice, I've had several vans over the years. My brother actually bought an A100 (like the one I have) at a garage sale for $50 bucks once. Owner said it had a blown engine, turned out it was a leaky head gasket, bro put a mottle of stop leak in the radiator and we drove the snot out of that thing for a couple of years. I think he sold it at some point for a profit
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. I had an old Econoline. Bought it, old, cheap and well-used around 1981, to haul building materials for my first house. Then used it to haul dirt bikes. Camped in it. Drove it everywhere for about 3 years.
When we'd drink in it, we'd just toss the cans in the back.  Go around a corner and the wave of beer cans sloshed from one side to the other until I'd clean it out.

When the choke cable broke, I'd start it on cold mornings by unhooking the doghouse and slipping it back a bit so I could reach over and work the choke by hand. Got to where I never bothered latching the doghouse again. Drove while watching the road go by under me.

Had an ignition problem, so pulled the switch and just left it dangling by the wires.
One day, hauling a couple street bikes from PA to Florida, the key to the locking gas cap (let's be honest, the gas was the most valuable part of the truck) fell through the gap in the doghouse and was never seen again.  I had to hammer a screwdriver into the locking gas cap and wrench the damn thing off so I could refill.

Heading towards Talahassee, I realized I was driving through backwoods Georgia in a hot-wired, bright red van with a violated locking gas cap and PA plates.  I started working on how I'd clearly explain myself to Buford T. Justice when he stopped me.

Driving into Waycross, I went to shift, heard a snap and the clutch pedal went to the floor. Continued through town as slow as possible without stalling or stopping, looking for a garage. Saw a Ford dealer so I steered in, pulled it out of gear and coasted to a stop.
It was about 5:20 and the two mechanics were just leaving. I explained what happened, and they pushed me into the garage, lifted the front end till we heard the bikes slide against the back doors, and welded up the linkage for me.
It was done in less than a half-hour and they wouldn't take payment for it (they said they were off the clock), but I forced enough cash on them to buy a case of beer and headed out again.

Made it to Florida. A buddy was in school there and I gave him one of the bikes and the title to the van.  We rode the bikes all over FLA for 2-3 weeks and I told him to take the van to a junkyard for whatever cash they'd give him, then I headed north to the Buffalo MEPS and headed for the Navy.

A couple years later, I was home on leave and my old man gave me a stack of mail. Included was a letter from the City of Talahassee saying my van had been impounded.  (Turned out my buddy never had time to take it to a junkyard and it got towed.)  It said if I didn't pick it up and pay $XX/day storage, it would be junked.
I didn't even bother figuring out what the storage fee would be after two years. I just accepted that the beast was gone.
I knew I'd gotten my money's worth!
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Winning bid was 20,000.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Winning bid was 20,000.
View Quote

I saw that. A friend of mine bought one last summer, the paint is still great interior is being freshened up. Who ever built it had even drafted on a Olds Vista Cruiser roof. Thing is beyond cool, a bunch of us kinda look forward to him getting it finished just for the looks when he cruises it around. To this day he still can’t answer why he bought it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I saw that. A friend of mine bought one last summer, the paint is still great interior is being freshened up. Who ever built it had even drafted on a Olds Vista Cruiser roof. Thing is beyond cool, a bunch of us kinda look forward to him getting it finished just for the looks when he cruises it around. To this day he still can't answer why he bought it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Winning bid was 20,000.

I saw that. A friend of mine bought one last summer, the paint is still great interior is being freshened up. Who ever built it had even drafted on a Olds Vista Cruiser roof. Thing is beyond cool, a bunch of us kinda look forward to him getting it finished just for the looks when he cruises it around. To this day he still can't answer why he bought it.
'cause it fucking cool that's why
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Winning bid was 20,000.

Oh I agree, but you have to ask, “but why?”
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I was way off.

Apparently I don't know the retro bang bus market as well as I thought
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top