User Panel

Page / 82
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The expensive bibs I bought are real nice
View Quote

I have really heavy stuff for when its really cold but their a pita to move in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a random Merkava photo

The Merkava is a really interesting design and is based on the exact same data of tank combat results that the Abrams is based on. The conclusion the Isrealis drew were the same as us, in that something like 85% of the casualties in tank combat were related to burn injuries, so their tank was designed to prevent the crew from getting burned up, just like ours

We approached the problem with nomex coveralls, ammo stored in a separate bustle compartment, halon fire suppression systems and fire retardant hydraulic fluid, and the Isreali's did similar things, but also built the tank itself around the physics of kinetic penetrators. Like all modern tanks the heaviest armor is on the front, but they relocated the engine and all secondary systems not likely to cause fire to the front as well, which gave additional mass for the penetrator to deal with if the front armor was defeated. This relocation of various components left the back side of the tank fairly empty, and so they turned it into a mini troop carrier. By using a diesel engine with low fuel consumption and having a fairly large storage compartment for troops, fuel, food and/or ammo, the Merkava was able to sit for weeks or months on defensive duty without constant resupply

The shorter gun tube means the main gun can't penetrate as much armor as other MBT's, but it's very useful in urban combat to be able to traverse inside city streets where the likelyhood of enemy tanks is very low. I've done MOUT training with the Abrams at Ft Knox and having a long gun tube is a colossal PITA

All in all the Merkava is a smart design optmized for their specific battlefield needs. No, the Merkava is not fast enough, long ranged enough and it doesn't have the maximum firepower needed to defeat the most modern Russian MBTs, but it is very nicely suited to the real combat requirements of the IDF on their home turf, or if they had to strike into Egypt or Syria like the 67 or 73 wars

Plus it looks pretty damn hot

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wine and a little more wine this evening.
View Quote
This is not wrong
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
And before HKbro asks, the chains are to prematurely detonate wire guided missiles before they directly impact the turret sides
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Gd gonna need a Kyle sub forum
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And before HKbro asks, the chains are to prematurely detonate wire guided missiles before they directly impact the turret sides
View Quote

Did it work?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Watched Christmas with the Kranks this evening
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Remember that tank she devil posted where the second missile did a glancing impact on the deck instead of the side of the tank, and the crew lived because of that? The chains are the same concept
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awe, jeez. I'm glad you were able to make calm out of the situation even though she -- technically -- ruined your day

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay. Rear ended leaving work.

Ooof.

Hope you are ok.

Dang, your car was pretty new from what I remember.

A couple years old now, but the other person’s insurance will cover it. Other driver was a high school sophomore who had just gotten her license. She was bawling as she got out of the vehicle. I ended up calming her down and speaking to her daddy and telling him not to be too hard on her. She was stopped behind me waiting for traffic to clear so I could make a right onto the interstate on-ramp. The last car in the line had just gone by, and it was a dark car not dissimilar to my own. She saw a dark car go and just started to roll, not realizing I hadn’t started moving yet. Easy mistake to make, and no one was hurt. I couldn’t be mad at her, and besides, on today of all days, I was moved to offer grace.

Awe, jeez. I'm glad you were able to make calm out of the situation even though she -- technically -- ruined your day

No need for hysterics. Everyone was fine and hysterics never make anything better anyway. Besides, half the reason I make an effective ER nurse is that I don’t often get riled up and I’m really effective at calming people down.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did it work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it work?
Counterintuitively, but yes they do. They work extremely well
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if they had to strike into Egypt or Syria like the 67 or 73 wars
View Quote
See how I tied it into page 67?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it work?

Interesting
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/d3/52/4dd3527578e04ecde9fe1a5aa23f3169.jpg

The Merkava is a really interesting design and is based on the exact same data of tank combat results that the Abrams is based on. The conclusion the Isrealis drew were the same as us, in that something like 85% of the casualties in tank combat were related to burn injuries, so their tank was designed to prevent the crew from getting burned up, just like ours

We approached the problem with nomex coveralls, ammo stored in a separate bustle compartment, halon fire suppression systems and fire retardant hydraulic fluid, and the Isreali's did similar things, but also built the tank itself around the physics of kinetic penetrators. Like all modern tanks the heaviest armor is on the front, but they relocated the engine and all secondary systems not likely to cause fire to the front as well, which gave additional mass for the penetrator to deal with if the front armor was defeated. This relocation of various components left the back side of the tank fairly empty, and so they turned it into a mini troop carrier. By using a diesel engine with low fuel consumption and having a fairly large storage compartment for troops, fuel, food and/or ammo, the Merkava was able to sit for weeks or months on defensive duty without constant resupply

The shorter gun tube means the main gun can't penetrate as much armor as other MBT's, but it's very useful in urban combat to be able to traverse inside city streets where the likelyhood of enemy tanks is very low. I've done MOUT training with the Abrams at Ft Knox and having a long gun tube is a colossal PITA

All in all the Merkava is a smart design optmized for their specific battlefield needs. No, the Merkava is not fast enough, long ranged enough and it doesn't have the maximum firepower needed to defeat the most modern Russian MBTs, but it is very nicely suited to the real combat requirements of the IDF on their home turf, or if they had to strike into Egypt or Syria like the 67 or 73 wars

View Quote

Would drive.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Rub dongs?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I have two extra little girls over.
So I have a 4,5,6,and 7 year old girls in my house.

Omg. It's like they've lost their minds.

Was I like this when I was little? Was it this loud? Was there this much screaming?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Was I like this when I was little? Was it this loud? Was there this much screaming?
View Quote
I think it's a girl thing, and each additional one makes the total volume exponentially louder
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

After 2 is there any difference?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rub dongs?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Opposing schools of thought.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]
They all look so good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#24]

2 or 4, please and spank you
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#25]

1 and 2, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I is hammered

I sleep nao
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

2 for me
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I is hammered

I sleep nao
View Quote

Go to Sleep Little Baby (Oh Brother Where Art Thou)
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Erry1 got to sleep?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?
View Quote

Ready for bed.

It’s been a long, stressful week.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No need for hysterics. Everyone was fine and hysterics never make anything better anyway. Besides, half the reason I make an effective ER nurse is that I don't often get riled up and I'm really effective at calming people down.
View Quote
You're Kyle's spirit animal.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
"I hope your kids act the same way you do when you were their age." - Parent's curse.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need for hysterics. Everyone was fine and hysterics never make anything better anyway. Besides, half the reason I make an effective ER nurse is that I don't often get riled up and I'm really effective at calming people down.

I could be his mama.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Dunno if I'm gonna do anything with these.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?
View Quote

No u
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ready for bed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?

Ready for bed.

Yep
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I could be his mama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be his mama.
Seems like he'd be a good kid.  I keep thinking he's got a good personality and discipline to be LEO or something along those lines.  Really has a knack for shoot/no-shoot decision making.  If you think about all those officer involved shootings that involved dozens of rounds being fired.  He took out more bad guys with what... like 8 shots?  Granted, he did wait until he could see the whites of their eyes, and smell their breath.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?
View Quote
Nyet, not yet

I'm trying to figure out what to store in the front trunk of the mule

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ready for bed.

It's been a long, stressful week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?

Ready for bed.

It's been a long, stressful week.

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"I hope your kids act the same way you do when you were their age." - Parent's curse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Seems like he'd be a good kid.  I keep thinking he's got a good personality and discipline to be LEO or something along those lines.  Really has a knack for shoot/no-shoot decision making.  If you think about all those officer involved shootings that involved dozens of rounds being fired.  He took out more bad guys with what... like 8 shots?  Granted, he did wait until he could see the whites of their eyes, and smell their breath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be his mama.
At this point I think he's going to have to go into politics or something to take advantage of his situation. It would be a shame if he faded into obscurity
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why we call it the best tech forum
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No u
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?

No u

Soon
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nyet, not yet

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Erry1 got to sleep?
Nyet, not yet

Ammo
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're new to this
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I sleep nao, too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ready for bed.

View Quote

Word.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Alpha two three out
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Alpha two three out
View Quote

Dirt Diver 6-9, out
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top