User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive seen what weed does for a nam vet and im all for my fellow vets having it medically, especially over that shit opiate crap.
View Quote
Agree
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So in other words ... ban all guns huh?

Jesus.

When will people ever learn that making government policy on the actions of one lunatic isn't good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Lest they chase their wife around the neighborhood with a gun, then barricade themselves in their house from police, all because the wife messed with his pot plant.

But that would never happen.

Jesus.

When will people ever learn that making government policy on the actions of one lunatic isn't good.
This, there are shit birds in all walks of life. The dude had mental problems obviously, but is a good thing GD is full of mental health professionals and medicals doctors that have full access to this guys medical history to determine that it was the pot that made him do that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While I agree it may not be a miracle drug or is being toted as something greater than  it really is, your delivery makes you lose any credibility and is right out of the liberal playbook. In this and previous replies you try to classify anyone who supports legalizing pot or smokes it as stupid, lazy and "stoners". Trying to marginalize and  minimize the legitimacy of what is counter to your own bias.  By your classification anyone who has drank alcohol must be an alcoholic,  or anyone who has taken prescription pills must be a pill head, and if you own guns you must be mental and possibly the next mass shooter. Just because these people may be the most vocal doesn't mean they are representative of the majority of people who use or support pot. Just like I am sure dumb fuck's like James Yeager or Dylan Roof don't represent you as a firearms enthusiast. If there is merit to your argument there is no need to attempt to marginalize the opposition is just weakens your own stance and makes you look desperate.
View Quote
While I haven't stated it every time, what I have stated are my experiences.  I can't speak for things I haven't seen.  I am not classifying all.  Just waiting for an example to come forth for me to see that refutes what I have said.  

I have terrible experiences with stoners.  I think I have known 2 productive, semi normal pot smokers my whole life.  Furthermore, I have experience with reformed pot smokers.  Guys who did it.  Were wastes of space, quite, and blossomed into incredibly productive members of society(one of my oldest closest friends being one of them).

I am sure I am the ONLY person in the world who has objectively seen any of these things feel free to call me a liberal or flame me.  I am only speaking from what I have seen.  

**and the rest of your post unaddressed, is just derp, and continues to go unaddressed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Treatment with prescription meds is largely ineffective and with major side effects
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Treatment with prescription meds is largely ineffective and with major side effects
Did you read the study I posted? It was effective and had very minor side effects.

One patient with a 38-year-old memory, who had been on regular atenolol for 14 years, reported no change in the intensity, frequency, integrity or distress associated with the traumatic memory. The other five patients, with memories ranging in age from 4 months to 31 years, all reported improvement. This included ‘fragmentation’ of the memory and difficulty accessing it, minimal or absent distress when thinking about it and a feeling of emotional detachment, as if it were a normal non-traumatic memory or had happened to someone else. Post-treatment, several of the patients requested propranolol treatment for other traumatic memories. Benefits have been maintained for up to 4 months, with no relapse to date. None of the patients reported any negative effects from retrieving the memory, even the patient who did not respond, and side-effects from propranolol (sedation, dry mouth) were mild and transient.
Here's another study on beta blockers and ptsd

Propranolol, post-traumatic stress disorder, and intensive care: incorporating new advances in psychiatry into the ICU
This paper advocates for two interwoven advances in psychiatric care (specifically for PTSD) after ICU: (1) incorporate the monitoring and treating of psychiatric co-morbidities during extended patient follow-up, and (2) rapidly adopting the latest research to maximize its benefit. The discovery that memories were not fixed, but malleable to change, set off a sequence of experiments that have revolutionized the approach to treating PTSD. It is hoped that the phenomenon of reconsolidation can be exploited therapeutically. In the act of remembering and re-storing traumatic memories, propranolol can act to dissociate the state of sympathetic arousal from their recollection. Often, ICU patients have multiple physical co-morbidities that may be exacerbated, or their treatment disrupted, by such a pervasive psychological condition. The rapid uptake of new techniques, aimed at reducing PTSD after ICU admission, is necessary to maximize the quality of care given to patients.
You have been edumacated
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jesus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Lest they chase their wife around the neighborhood with a gun, then barricade themselves in their house from police, all because the wife messed with his pot plant.

But that would never happen.

Jesus.

Ha, the ban all guns argument comes out....  From my experience it isn't just one person.  I have seen quite a number of stoner jackwagons in my day.  Almost batting a thousand.  So while liberty and all that, yea I'm for it, dope isn't nearly as innocent as it gets made out on here. 

But we still have people on here who quote "mellow" chapter and verse.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Got an uncle that grows it and sells.  Was a Vietnam vet.  It's a "family secret" that he grows, sells, and smokes it.  LOL yea right.  Dude hasn't had a job in 30 years.  My aunt makes their living and has.  Dunno where the money,if any, he makes goes from selling it.  But I have watched that play out since the 70's.  

Pot hasn't helped him do anything but become a worse shit bag.  If it was gonna help it would have years ago.  I don't know his military pedigree, I just know he sat on a machine gun in the door of a helicopter.  I don't know what all he got into or did.  What I do know is pot is not his solution.  Never has been.

I have several similar experiences with people who aren't all necessarily vets.  My point is my experience is I have NEVER, NOT ONCE, seen pot improve anybodies quality of life.  ***ETA: I have seen several peoples lives improve when they dropped their pot habits.

When my uncle and aunt got married in the early 70's, he seemed like a fairly normal guy back then.  A shadow of what he used to be.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I want to see your fucking medical license first.

Cannabis is the devil's lettuce. These guys suffering from combat related PTSD should be taking opioids and drinking alcohol instead.
View Quote
Show me the peer reviewed studies showing PTSD as a cure or treatment for PTSD.

The best treatment is to reintroduce these guys into society and demonstrate their capability and usefulness, not turn them into baked coach potatoes.

But I'll tell you straight up half the PTSD cases are bullshit and I'll bet the most vocal pot heads demanding this are the biggest bullshitters.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bro don't you know everyone has the PTSDs?

From bootcamp or something or that time that guy yelled at them.
View Quote
This is correct. After working for the VA and seeing tons of vets who never deployed claiming PTSD, I have given up on humanity
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The best treatment is to reintroduce these guys into society and demonstrate their capability and usefulness, not turn them into baked coach potatoes.

But I'll tell you straight up half the PTSD cases are bullshit and I'll bet the most vocal pot heads demanding this are the biggest bullshitters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to see your fucking medical license first.

Cannabis is the devil's lettuce. These guys suffering from combat related PTSD should be taking opioids and drinking alcohol instead.

I agree with the bold.

As far as peer reviewed studies, the federal government has only allowed research on it  for 2-1/2  years which isn't enough time to do any sort of credible studies. Companies and doctors weren't going to do research on something with the fear of getting raided and thrown in jail.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Strongly agree.

There is no test for determining pain.
I function better on meds than without them.
We know marijuana oil calms seizures in children.

Let Vets use whatever helps them without punishment

Our City and County recently decriminalized small amounts of pot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who provides the pot is an issue I will avoid.  

If a vet believes pot helps improve his quality of life while dealing with PTSD, I do not care if his improvement is real, or only "in his mind", because the PTSD is "in his mind" too.  So if the help from pot use is real, or imagined, if the vet believes their quality of life has improved, I am fine with them using pot.  They could do far worse things to their quality of life.
Strongly agree.

There is no test for determining pain.
I function better on meds than without them.
We know marijuana oil calms seizures in children.

Let Vets use whatever helps them without punishment

Our City and County recently decriminalized small amounts of pot.
And the VA has repeatedly told me they do not pay for, treat for, or concern themselves with pain.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While I haven't stated it every time, what I have stated are my experiences.  I can't speak for things I haven't seen.  I am not classifying all.  Just waiting for an example to come forth for me to see that refutes what I have said.  

I have terrible experiences with stoners.  I think I have known 2 productive, semi normal pot smokers my whole life.  Furthermore, I have experience with reformed pot smokers.  Guys who did it.  Were wastes of space, quite, and blossomed into incredibly productive members of society(one of my oldest closest friends being one of them).

I am sure I am the ONLY person in the world who has objectively seen any of these things feel free to call me a liberal or flame me.  I am only speaking from what I have seen.  

**and the rest of your post unaddressed, is just derp, and continues to go unaddressed.
View Quote
I suspect you don't know how many pot smokers you know...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect you nothing about me or who I hang out with.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
This ^^^

PTSD and weed are both crutches for weak people who don't pack the gear to deal with their issues.  I have never seen a trend among WW2 pacific theater vets needing weed to get over the stuff they did or saw, and I daresay they saw some stuff that'd do it.  I know people who have been weedies for years and none of them have improved their life one bit as a result... in fact, the latter is true.  They're all lazy, apathetic, paranoid slobs now.  Their goal of the entire day is to first get stoned and then "deal" with life.  

People who smoke pot to "get through" something are weak... and I'm a cancer survivor who didn't need weed to get through horrible chemo.  

If you want to get stoned for fun, then more power to you, but don't try to sell it as something you "need" or should have in order to deal with life.  Grow a pair and deal with life head on clean and sober like a man.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't care about pot, but I am sick and tired of vets being treated as special snowflakes.
View Quote
PTSD is the new ADD.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This thread and some of the responses are why republicans are a joke. Such champions of personal choice , responsibility , freedom and liberty... unless I don't like it. Just like a group of fucking liberals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This thread and some of the responses are why republicans are a joke. Such champions of personal choice , responsibility , freedom and liberty... unless I don't like it. Just like a group of fucking liberals.
There's a large distinction between having a personal opinion on something, and thinking it should be handled by the federal government.

I support the federal decriminalization of ALL drugs, except on people trying to bring them into the country. I still don't believe the divine benevolence of pot advocates, claiming they want to help the world instead of just getting high. There are fantastic arguments that can be had, mainly personal freedom, how the drug war has been ineffective, etc.  However, I think the "THIS PLANT CURES EVERYTHING; FIND OUT WHAT SCIENTISTS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW" line of reasoning is stupid.

Quoted:

Jesus.

The point was only made to counter the line that people who partake in pot couldn't possibly be violence.

Did I imply that it should be banned because of that?

Just because one person is careless with their recreational nuke, doesn't mean that we should  make government policy on the actions of one lunatic...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I dont have much of a problem with it.  Like what most have said its better than opiates or ETOH. If our vets feel smoking the weed helps their ptsd, who am I to tell them anything.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

PTSD is the new ADD.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I dont have much of a problem with it.  Like what most have said its better than opiates or ETOH. If our vets feel smoking the weed helps their ptsd, who am I to tell them anything.
View Quote
When you are paying the SSDI, VA disability, and all the other various forms of welfare for those who are just lying shitbags, it becomes your business.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My group therapy circle had this conversation with our shrink.
His response was that he is neither for or against medical marijuana, but at this time there is no clinical evidence (other than anecdotal) that marijuana is useful for treatment.
He also restated VA policy, which is that it's illegal under federal law and therefore not a VA option.
Myself I am on the fence about it. I doubt I'd use it even if it were legal and prescribed, for the same reason I avoid any medication if I can - I don't need anything messing with my body chemistry.
View Quote
Contrary to what you heard-V.A. Drs in states where it is legal,can discuss with vets the possibility of using med marijuana for treatment.But they cannot prescribe it-but they can tell vets they might get it on their own and try it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So we should tell that snorting a line of Drano will help and let them make up their own mind about it?  

I am all for helping them, experimental if necessary.  From what I have seen, objectively, it is iffy whether it is good for them or makes them worse.  Handing it out like candy is not the answer at this point.  

If we give them something to help, let's at least do our diligence to make sure it actually helps and not worsens it.  
View Quote
what an ignorant response
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In fairness to you it was a fuckin' lob serve by you and I couldn't resist charging the net and acing your serve.

I've used this same argument at least 1000 times here. I call in the "do something" disease and it typically infects liberals. Making government policy on any fucking thing, based on one event or action by a crazy person isn't good use of the governments power. You'll never be able to manufacture enough foam rubber padding to protect everyone from every sharp object in life. I've learned long long ago that it's not government's job to protect us from everything because it means the loss of liberties and freedoms every single time. Dope is a good litmus test with some pretty good parallels with firearms. Anti-gun haters have irrational fear of guns and create irrational gun laws. The anti-gun efforts haven't stopped gang bangers from killing each other. The War on Drugs (TM) cost this nation tens of billions a year and hasn't had much of an impact on stopping the losers from losing. Both efforts cost us citizens countless liberties and freedoms and simply bolster government bureaucracies creating felons out of normal citizens whose only crime is wanting to defend themselves or find some relief from their demons.

I argue two points - less government and more personal responsibility, liberty, and freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha, the ban all guns argument comes out....  From my experience it isn't just one person.  I have seen quite a number of stoner jackwagons in my day.  Almost batting a thousand.  So while liberty and all that, yea I'm for it, dope isn't nearly as innocent as it gets made out on here. 

But we still have people on here who quote "mellow" chapter and verse.
In fairness to you it was a fuckin' lob serve by you and I couldn't resist charging the net and acing your serve.

I've used this same argument at least 1000 times here. I call in the "do something" disease and it typically infects liberals. Making government policy on any fucking thing, based on one event or action by a crazy person isn't good use of the governments power. You'll never be able to manufacture enough foam rubber padding to protect everyone from every sharp object in life. I've learned long long ago that it's not government's job to protect us from everything because it means the loss of liberties and freedoms every single time. Dope is a good litmus test with some pretty good parallels with firearms. Anti-gun haters have irrational fear of guns and create irrational gun laws. The anti-gun efforts haven't stopped gang bangers from killing each other. The War on Drugs (TM) cost this nation tens of billions a year and hasn't had much of an impact on stopping the losers from losing. Both efforts cost us citizens countless liberties and freedoms and simply bolster government bureaucracies creating felons out of normal citizens whose only crime is wanting to defend themselves or find some relief from their demons.

I argue two points - less government and more personal responsibility, liberty, and freedom.
I argue the same two points for the most part.  We disagree on some minutia in between.  I have seen you use the argument.  I enjoy gamesmanship and fun myself.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we should tell that snorting a line of Drano will help and let them make up their own mind about it?  

I am all for helping them, experimental if necessary.  From what I have seen, objectively, it is iffy whether it is good for them or makes them worse.  Handing it out like candy is not the answer at this point.  

If we give them something to help, let's at least do our diligence to make sure it actually helps and not worsens it.  
 The irony.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Not even a little bit but as always thanks for the concern
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doctor Sylvan you know that the government forbids such studies as cannabis joins heroin and LSD as schedule 1 controlled substance with no currently accepted medical use in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use even under medical supervision.

That just strikes me as completely irrational and total lunacy.
View Quote
The problem is the government has too much control. Way too much. Put it up to a national vote
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well like that's your medical opinion.

View Quote
It is at least an informed opinion.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I stumped my toe this morning and now have PTSD
View Quote
fFirst you must have served.You?What rank,branch ,MOS as on a DD 214
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#31]
LMAO I had nearly this exact conversation with a stoner guy I knew years ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I want to see their fucking service record first.
View Quote
This

When I have a bad day I just relax and drink.

No need to smoke pot

Know a Vet, he was in desert storm as a Mech.

one tour and is 100% ptsd and draws SSDI and smokes his medical pot all day and plays his drums.

Not discounting his situation but years of drug use has caused his problems and not PTSD.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I suspect that you have no right to view anyone's record of any sort.  Move the fuck along, angry old white man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspect that you have no right to view anyone's record of any sort.  Move the fuck along, angry old white man.
That's racist 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#35]
You do all know, of course, that there are various strains/variations/types of medical marijuana that do not cause one to get high?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I want it to be legal so I can grow and sell it.

What a great retirement job
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This gets me thinking, maybe if you are a combat veteran with at least a CIB, CFMB or a CAB you should be given permission to violate certain victimless crimes. You get to do drugs if you want (VA supplied of course), park anywhere you want, drive in the HOV lane all the time, anything you want basically, as long as no one else gets hurt physically or financially. It would do wonders for recruiting into combat arms. You'd just have to figure out how to keep commanders from giving CIB's, CFMB's and CAB's away to people who didn't earn them.
View Quote
But but you wasn't there man!! Tat rocket landed 400m from the FOB....the shit was real man!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I recommend a read Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book On Killing and On Combat where he documents the improvements in PTSD treatment and prevention from the lessons learned from the American Civil War forward. In WWII the most common combat injury was "combat fatigue" where whole units were rendered nonfunctional due to the near continuous combat stress they suffered. One thing that Grossman cites that helped the WWII combat vets over say the Vietnam vets was the decompression that the WWII vets went through together as they sailed home on transport ships as whole units. Units also tended to be regional ones drafted and serving together from the same county. In Vietnam lots of lessons were learned the hard way. A soldier was dropped into a unit full of strangers, went into combat with them, and then following their tour they were plucked out on a Tuesday and dropped into their home town by the following Friday. Lots of wrong there and plenty of Vietnam vets still pay the price for those mistakes sadly.

The prevention and treatment of the crazy levels of stress that killing another human being is an on-going several method effort. It involves subtle and small things like changing the shape of an Army practice target from a bullseye to a human silhouette to the recreation provided in the green zones in Iraq this afternoon.  

I've had the honor of listening to Col Grossman talk a couple of times and his arguments make a lot of sense. Anyone who has been in combat or had to kill ought to read his books. Those in the military or police service ought to read them before entering combat or having to take a life.
View Quote
Grossman has been largely discredited on every level.

he was never in combat and based his ideas based upon Marshall's made up bullshit.

I killed and my men killed.  A lot.  They aren't the ones with PTSD demanding free pot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We need to go to a V.A. Regional Med Center and take a poll with a group of those being treated for P.T.S.D.-but I won't tell you that a lot of them will say pot has helped them more than prescription meds including opiods that the Drs. have them on-just sayin
View Quote
All jokes aside If it helps them I say let them have it.

Problem is I see this becoming a way to keep them from owning guns in the future and be abused.

Stupid kids will use this as a excuse for free pot and I honestly believe many will get hooked and ruin their lives.

If your honestly 100% disabled from PTSD with no hopes of getting better without pot smoke all you want.

Thing is that will not be the case and the one term ETS kids will get out smoke pot and never make anything out of themselves.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The uncomfortable fact that liberals and some here embrace is that life is dangerous. No amount of government protection will ever be enough to protect everyone from everything. Here we at least will argue that self defense involves a personally owned firearm where the liberals will say it involves dialing 9-1-1 and hoping the government arrives in time.

My argument is that the juice isn't worth the squeeze when it comes to weed.

I will gladly defend the argument that alcohol is a better drug to outlaw and make a schedule 1 drug rather and marijuana. Is there any known medically accepted use of booze?

Some of the doctors involved in this thread might provide some common medical treatments with the drug alcohol.

Yeah, let's do tobacco next ...
View Quote
to be clear, I don't think any drugs should be illegal.  But, at the same time, I don't think I should be using taxpayer dollars to subsidize drug addicts.

Until we get rid of the welfare state that allows stoners to be full time drug users, then we have the right and obligation to restrict the use of drugs as much as possible.  Heroin addicts dying in the streets literally means nothing to me but a reduction in democratic voters.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
are we demanding government provided alcohol to treat PTSD?

Probably a better argument could be made than for pot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like alcohol doesn't cause guys to beat their wife's.
are we demanding government provided alcohol to treat PTSD?

Probably a better argument could be made than for pot.
Damn I'm emailing my doc for a Johnny Walker prescription 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Contrary to what you heard-V.A. Drs in states where it is legal,can discuss with vets the possibility of using med marijuana for treatment.But they cannot prescribe it-but they can tell vets they might get it on their own and try it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My group therapy circle had this conversation with our shrink.
His response was that he is neither for or against medical marijuana, but at this time there is no clinical evidence (other than anecdotal) that marijuana is useful for treatment.
He also restated VA policy, which is that it's illegal under federal law and therefore not a VA option.
Myself I am on the fence about it. I doubt I'd use it even if it were legal and prescribed, for the same reason I avoid any medication if I can - I don't need anything messing with my body chemistry.
At the time, it was not legal in Arkansas. That has changed, although medical marijuana is not yet available.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who made you God?

Cannabis free for all!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I had PTSD for awhile after my last deployment. I saw one of my best friends get killed right in front of me. It did fuck me up a little. I tried to deal with it on my own, but it didn't help. I talked to a shrink and that didn't help. What helped me was time. Then, my brother died and I reverted back. I drank more than anyone could. The pain was so bad. I refused to take meds and just drank. I can tell anyone what works more than drugs, pot or drinking, it is a network/group of veteran friends who care about you. Guys you can talk to that will go through the depths of hell and rape the devil for you. I found those friends at the American Legion. I know a bar it is ironic. Those fuckers are guys who would do anything for you. There is nothing they wouldn't do for a brother.

If vets find that pot helps with PTSD, depression and anxiety go for it. I am all for that. It is not a cure though. It is an aid that helps with the symptoms.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

BTY - how do you maintain access to all your troops civilian medical records?
View Quote
we stay in touch.

they have jobs, families and a life.

Sorry your service related injuries and drug use have impacted your view of this.

You have your experience, I have mine.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top