Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
time to buy Tesla ASAP.  News story was "Another Tesla bursts into flame OMGOHNOES!!!"

stock falls.

now the PR people will be spinning the "my tesla saved me from road debris and gamely soldiered on as long as possible until finally instructing me to exit the car and dying".

stock will go up due to the honorable and game way this car died.  Hipsters will not get the irony of a car that self destructs upon hitting common road garbage.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And for those of us that can't afford a car with triple redundant sensors in every facet of the car, we'd have the same experience as your grandfather in an electric car.

Of modern ones?

Most of them.  The check engine light is not intended to be small talk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The important thing is, the car warned him there was trouble. My grandfathers BMW X5 didn't give him ~2 minutes warning before it burst into flame and burned him while he tried to escape the flames, it just burst into flames.

And for those of us that can't afford a car with triple redundant sensors in every facet of the car, we'd have the same experience as your grandfather in an electric car.

Quoted:
How many cars out there will tell you that you need to pull over because 'shit's broke, yo!' ???

Of modern ones?

Most of them.  The check engine light is not intended to be small talk.

The check engine light comes on when you gas cap is loose, and most people don't take that to mean "EMERGENCY! PULL OVER NOW"., it is usually disregarded as minor and driven home. When your car tells you to pull over and it's shutting down, that adds a sense of urgency.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Isn't that worse?  Get in a fender bender, park the car, and it randomly burns your fucking house down one night?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least the NTSB had to wait 2 weeks after they crashed a Volt and parked it before it caught fire because they did not unhook the batteries afterwards.

Just sayin'.

Isn't that worse?  Get in a fender bender, park the car, and it randomly burns your fucking house down one night?

Fender bender ?
Really ?

NTSB totalled a Volt and parked it.
2 weeks later it caught fire because the NTSB neglected to follow procedure and disconnect the batteries after the wreck.
Mr Tesla driver did not have the benefit of waiting 2 weeks to decide whether or not he should stick around to watch his car burn.

You want to risk taking a vehicle that has suffered a heavy collision and park it in your garage without taking the safety measures to ensure it will not burn your house down then fill your boots.

I wouldn't do that with a 1975 Toyota Corolla.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top