Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/24/2024 2:26:37 AM EDT
Looks like liver is on the menu boys. In case you haven't heard, there have been many documented cases of Killer Whales attacking Great Whites just to eat their liver.

Just insane to see the speed of a Orca.

It was posted by National Geographic on their TikTok page and got resposted on Reddit.

Sorry, no youtube link but you should be able to view the video using the "old.reddit"

https://old.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/1aycb3r/great_white_shark_gets_caught_off_guard/
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
violence

speed

momentum

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
This thread is relevant to my interests.

I watched some pretty cool YT vids about orcas and speculation about how they would fare in the different prehistoric oceans. Basically if the water was cool enough, the orca was favored in a curb stomp in ANY era.

Even more interesting, it's speculated that the orca is responsible for the extinction of the MEGALODON. Possibly through direct harassment/violence like in this video.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Killer whales are awesome, beautiful, deadly creatures. But I don't care for the sea wolves in light of the way they toy with their prey before killing it. Not a likeable trait for some of us non-sociopaths. It likely has an actually valid reason (nature always does that).

One thing that I learned recently was that pilot whale pods are faster and will chase orcas. Glad that orcas have to eat shit sandwhiches like every other thing in life. As awesome as orcas are, the sperm whale is the true big dog of the ocean. Orcas don't fuck with them. I'll bet no other animal does either. The volume of their clicks actually fully stuns or even kills prey. They say that they are loud enough to kill humans too, if they are closeby

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I love Orcas.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
@RealityCheck0311

Here you go OP.  I downloaded the video and then created it as a gif for folks who don't like to click on links.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Speed, surprise and violence of action.  Orcas are master strategists.  Imagine fighting and army of men with that strength and mindset.  Yet they wisely leave man alone.  I can’t help but think they are keenly aware of what we could do to them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread is relevant to my interests.

I watched some pretty cool YT vids about orcas and speculation about how they would fare in the different prehistoric oceans. Basically if the water was cool enough, the orca was favored in a curb stomp in ANY era.

Even more interesting, it's speculated that the orca is responsible for the extinction of the MEGALODON. Possibly through direct harassment/violence like in this video.
View Quote

Megalodon QUITE a bit bigger. 52' - 82'. In pod form MAYBE orcas harrasing and killing megs. But one on one I can't see that happening. Even the mighty mosasaur couldn't likely deal with megalodon. I'm no scientist but two apex predators, with one being far larger  than the competition. Now maybe orcas could "out eat" the megs and starve them, but eating up all the food that the megs ate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:51:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Megalodon QUITE a bit bigger. 52' - 82'. In pod form MAYBE orcas harrasing and killing megs. But one on one I can't see that happening. Even the mighty mosasaur douldn't likely deal with megalodon.
View Quote

Money on a sperm whale against that big dumb shark.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Fascinating.

I'm deathly afraid of heights but would love to swim around them one day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Money on a sperm whale against that big dumb shark.
View Quote

I'd put the mighty Moby Dick against anything today, but I dunno about any meg vs whale (ANY whale) ending up with a dead shark.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@RealityCheck0311

Here you go OP.  I downloaded the video and then created it as a gif for folks who don't like to click on links.

https://i.imgur.com/js509hf.gif
View Quote

In and Brownelled gif possibility
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
violence

speed

momentum

View Quote

first punch nails it
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:59:27 AM EDT
[#15]
That pod of orcas which fucks up great white over a long standing blood feud are my favorite animals!

Love those things. Maybe its because I'm terrified of sharks.

I bet the giant squid is what got the meg, but I'm pulling for the orcas!

With how huge the meg was, what all did it eat?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Megalodon QUITE a bit bigger. 52' - 82'. In pod form MAYBE orcas harrasing and killing megs. But one on one I can't see that happening. Even the mighty mosasaur couldn't likely deal with megalodon. I'm no scientist but two apex predators, with one being far larger  than the competition. Now maybe orcas could "out eat" the megs and starve them, but eating up all the food that the megs ate.
View Quote

One on one just isn't a real thing with orcas though. Very similar to a lion pride or wold pack. The orcas don't really even have to kill a megalodon outright. Just chase it off it's prey and kill its babies.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:01:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are partially right. How old does a MEG have to be that its 82 feet. Kill them young, or attack the battleship, with 10 destroyers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'd put the mighty Moby Dick against anything today, but I dunno about any meg vs whale (ANY whale) ending up with a dead shark.
View Quote

I'll have to dig deep through my YT history to find the video. It was well done, scholarly, and all that jazz. Basically, the meg traded size for speed and agility, and orcas have that in abundance.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Good vid. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:08:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about a preditorial  sperm whale with teeth over a foot long?

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That pod of orcas which fucks up great white over a long standing blood feud are my favorite animals!

View Quote

Elephants act very similar. Lots of reports of it. The on that killed a woman in India, then crashed her funeral to stomp her some more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Absolutely smoked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Elephants act very similar. Lots of reports of it. The on that killed a woman in India, then crashed her funeral to stomp her some more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember reading about that here. I wonder what that woman did to earn the ire of a damn elephant, even after she's dead, lol.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:26:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Orcas are dicks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I remember reading about that here. I wonder what that woman did to earn the ire of a damn elephant, even after she's dead, lol.
View Quote

Don't know, but it took "ill piss on your grave" to the next level.

Also reports, of a village in Africa killing a calf, and the whole herd of elephants stomped the village flat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Orcas are dicks.
View Quote

Yup. There's a reason that they are called "sea wolves". Cause wolves are dicks too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Also reports, of a village in Africa killing a calf, and the whole herd of elephants stomped the village flat.
View Quote

Yeah, even if a sow griz was with cubs nearby would be child's play to an elephant's revenge. The villagers were dumbasses for doing that. Don't fuck with wild elephants. Or even captive ones.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:41:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I friggin' hate circuses because of that. I don't blame it when one loses its shit and starts stomping everything in sight. No animal should be caged-up or in irons. That's bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:45:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, even if a sow griz was with cubs nearby would be child's play to an elephant's revenge. The villagers were dumbasses for doing that. Don't fuck with wild elephants. Or even captive ones.
View Quote

Elephants and orcas are very smart. Not as smart as humans. They dont build houses, or use tools or fire, but very smart. What both of them do have is decent brains, combined with speed and size. I would honestly list both in my top 5 of animals not to fuck with.

Ill try to embed it but the orcas working together to dump a seal off an ice float is terrifying to me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:46:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I friggin' hate circuses because of that. I don't blame it when one loses its shit and starts stomping everything in sight. No animal should be caged-up or in irons. That's bullshit.

View Quote

100% agree. Thats why no wild orcas has ever killed a human, only in captivy. Wild should stay wild.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Orcas are no joke

Otter Jumps On Guy’s Boat To Escape Orca | The Dodo
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:05:59 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Please do not taunt the orca
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

It’s those incidents that really highlight how different they are. They could lay waste to us and our little boats. I’d pucker up if prey jumped on my boat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It’s those incidents that really highlight how different they are. They could lay waste to us and our little boats. I’d pucker up if prey jumped on my boat.
View Quote

I'd have a real hard time not pushing him off the boat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.
I believe that, about the village.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. There's some crazy videos of elephants going on a circus rampage. It's nuts and they're unstoppable unless shot dead.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree. There's some crazy videos of elephants going on a circus rampage. It's nuts and they're unstoppable unless shot dead.
View Quote

Shouldn't be here for our entertainment. I dont go outside to pet the bobcat or coyote im trying to remove.

Zoos should only exist to save animals that might go extinct
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn Orcas be crazy, yo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shouldn't be here for our entertainment. I dont go outside to pet the bobcat or coyote im trying to remove.

Zoos should only exist to save animals that might go extinct
View Quote

Totally agree. First world zoos are very well-run, but they don't have the space to simulate living in the wild. Only large game preserves do that well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn Orcas be crazy, yo.
View Quote

I dont see the problem. Im the best at the best for fucking you up.
Seems to fit.

I saw your edit
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#42]
That orca made the shark it's bitch.

And snack.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And snack.
View Quote

They always do.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They always do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And snack.

They always do.
That's why the shark is just great but the whale is killer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Seems to fit.

I saw your edit
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to fit.

I saw your edit

Relax.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#47]
But what if it was an orca-sized shark.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Sharks are over protected. Go Orcas!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Cool.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#50]
It's funny that people think great whites are the apex predator in the ocean.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top