User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That was like a shark-seeking missile!

Kinda laughing at the NSFW tag, though. Violent, sure, but pretty tame from that distance.
View Quote
If there was a video of a kid signing a drag queen jock strap thong with a Sharpie, I doubt that would get the NSFW warning tag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But what if it was an orca-sized shark.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That fucking terrifying
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Full speed ahead, ram that bastard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Megalodon QUITE a bit bigger. 52' - 82'. In pod form MAYBE orcas harrasing and killing megs. But one on one I can't see that happening. Even the mighty mosasaur couldn't likely deal with megalodon. I'm no scientist but two apex predators, with one being far larger  than the competition. Now maybe orcas could "out eat" the megs and starve them, but eating up all the food that the megs ate.
View Quote

There was another toothed whale that went extinct along with the Meg. Apparently they made their primary prey extinct and were unable to maintain themselves.

Being larger comes with a lot of requirements.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Great Whites are on the menu
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That pod of orcas which fucks up great white over a long standing blood feud are my favorite animals!

Love those things. Maybe its because I'm terrified of sharks.

I bet the giant squid is what got the meg, but I'm pulling for the orcas!

With how huge the meg was, what all did it eat?
View Quote

Megs ate whales
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Poor bastard never saw it coming.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#11]
U
View Quote

Unreal
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's a shark.  The Great White is the bad ass of the shark world and stories get more clicks when headline contains "Great White Shark!" so there is a tendency to mislabel every shark as a Great White.

I actually think that is a Mako shark, which has a very similar silhouette to a Great White but has a more pointy beak like snout.
View Quote

I think you're right.

The snout could ID it as a juvenile white shark, but the coloration is wrong for that species.  And the pectorals are all wrong for a white shark.
This is a picture of a juvenile white shark.  The one getting ravaged by the Orca is uniformly gray down the side.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
The ocean is amazingly terrifying. Props to you guys that choose to fight here because fuck all that noise.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I remember reading about that here. I wonder what that woman did to earn the ire of a damn elephant, even after she's dead, lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That pod of orcas which fucks up great white over a long standing blood feud are my favorite animals!

Elephants act very similar. Lots of reports of it. The on that killed a woman in India, then crashed her funeral to stomp her some more.

I remember reading about that here. I wonder what that woman did to earn the ire of a damn elephant, even after she's dead, lol.

Some years ago I saw a story about some place that took care of former circus elephants & one of them became very friendly with the guys dog.  The dog eventually got killed by some coyotes.  For weeks after that the guy kept finding coyote carcasses next to where he buried the dog.  The carcasses had been stomped to shit.  I liked elephants even before I heard about that, but really liked them after I heard about that.  Don't fuck with elephants.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want to see the full(er) video
View Quote

Yep, it stops before the action.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you KC-coyote.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks more like a dolphin than a shark to me.  It has a long snoot for a shark.
View Quote

yeah I thought so too...
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:28:35 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, what about mutant megalodon-orca hybrids versus mini Ditka?

Mini Ditka all the way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The videos of them teaming up to get a seal on an ice flow are kinda scary. Wonder if they'd do that to a person
View Quote

I watched a guy on a sailboard run right into an orca, in a pod, and they didn't attack him. He got back on his board and sailed off. This was just off the Purdy spit in WA. I used to see that pod of Orcas all the time when I lived and fished near there.

I'm sure it would have been different if they thought he was a threat to the juveniles.

I wouldn't want to bet my life on it, but there's an awful lot of footage of Orcas just leaving people be.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Humans can go almost anywhere and generally all predators avoid them.   Exceptions for diseases and cubs / etc - even those are a rarity.   Yet humans are typically easy prey without weapons or numbers.

”“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Genesis.
View Quote

Pretty much this unless man gets to arrogant and stupid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#21]
If not already posted.....

One pod has a beef with us.

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/07/1211269495/orca-boat-yacht-attack-spain-morocco

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If not already posted.....
One pod has a beef with us.

View Quote

Spaniards?  I get it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Killer whales are awesome, beautiful, deadly creatures. But I don't care for the sea wolves in light of the way they toy with their prey before killing it. Not a likeable trait for some of us non-sociopaths. It likely has an actually valid reason (nature always does that).

One thing that I learned recently was that pilot whale pods are faster and will chase orcas. Glad that orcas have to eat shit sandwhiches like every other thing in life. As awesome as orcas are, the sperm whale is the true big dog of the ocean. Orcas don't fuck with them. I'll bet no other animal does either. The volume of their clicks actually fully stuns or even kills prey. They say that they are loud enough to kill humans too, if they are closeby
View Quote

+1

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@RealityCheck0311

Here you go OP.  I downloaded the video and then created it as a gif for folks who don't like to click on links.

https://i.imgur.com/js509hf.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@RealityCheck0311

Here you go OP.  I downloaded the video and then created it as a gif for folks who don't like to click on links.

View Quote

@Zoinks this is why I was trying to convince my team not to pick the great white for our patch and go with an Orca instead, especially fir a unit based at Fort Lewis, WA
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks more like a dolphin than a shark to me.  It has a long snoot for a shark.
View Quote

Tail fin is a sharks. Not flat like dolphin.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Elephants and orcas are very smart. Not as smart as humans. They dont build houses, or use tools or fire, but very smart. What both of them do have is decent brains, combined with speed and size. I would honestly list both in my top 5 of animals not to fuck with.

Ill try to embed it but the orcas working together to dump a seal off an ice float is terrifying to me.
View Quote

Team mammal
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But what if it was an orca-sized shark.
View Quote

I think the largest great white was estimated at 25 foot, still shorter than Orcas by a foot but few great whites reach 20+

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some years ago I saw a story about some place that took care of former circus elephants & one of them became very friendly with the guys dog.  The dog eventually got killed by some coyotes.  For weeks after that the guy kept finding coyote carcasses next to where he buried the dog.  The carcasses had been stomped to shit.  I liked elephants even before I heard about that, but really liked them after I heard about that.  Don't fuck with elephants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elephants act very similar. Lots of reports of it. The on that killed a woman in India, then crashed her funeral to stomp her some more.

How's a elephant going to be able to stomp a yote ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 Yet they wisely leave man alone.  I can’t help but think they are keenly aware of what we could do to them.
View Quote

Yeah. We could drive them insane by making them swim circles in a swimming pool for their entire life. Humans are worse than anything orcas were said to be. That is the do-gooders of our species.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Speed, surprise and violence of action.  Orcas are master strategists.  Imagine fighting and army of men with that strength and mindset.  Yet they wisely leave man alone.  I can’t help but think they are keenly aware of what we could do to them.
View Quote

Well, we do have F-15’s.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@Zoinks this is why I was trying to convince my team not to pick the great white for our patch and go with an Orca instead, especially fir a unit based at Fort Lewis, WA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@RealityCheck0311

damn.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top