User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why don’t they just let the orangutans emigrate to London or MSP?

Give them a flat and a welfare card.    Win/win for everybody.
View Quote
Because it'll embarrass the local minority population when the orangutans become more successful. They'll still be begging on street corners while the apes are hard at work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sir David Attenborough's life style isn't going to change though...
View Quote
No shit.
You can bet he lives in splendor.

Hey David, rehome the ‘tang at your place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I actually learned something watching Will Smiths documentary, I was surprised that it wasn't all doom and gloom. Actually said that the rain forest doesn't contribute air to surrounding areas. There's so much life it all gets used. We get most of our oxygen from the ocean blooms of phytoplankton.
View Quote
There ya have it folks. If the rainforest keeps getting cut down, it wont be able to support itself and will start sucking all the oxygen out of the atmosphere. We only have 10 years left before we all suffocate.

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Give him an AK
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's an excavator, not a bulldozer
View Quote
Dammit, I came here to post that.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This

Wish the ‘tang is would have ripped their spines out
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep because heavy deforestation is the only way to grow GDP
This

Wish the ‘tang is would have ripped their spines out
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds sad. I'll refrain from viewing. Nothing is free in this world, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How dare people in the third world plant crops!  They are supposed to live in abject poverty and enjoy it for the sake of the planet.

Mike
View Quote
You know how I know you've never been to Borneo and no nothing about palm plantations and politics in Malaysia?  They really are a blight on the area and as noted, they are primarily owned by large multinational corporations.  The palm oil trees are not native to the area but rather Africa- the locals are just far better workers than Africans.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Population control through mandated abortions

Set up a strong world body to implement and enforce environmental/worker protections

World governance of individual and corporate taxes

Remove manmade boarders and populations deemed environmentally and ethnically harmful
Transfer populations where work is needed

One person with absolute enforcement powers will be selected by a Central Committee

(Sound about right?)
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Right turn Clyde...

Right Turn Clyde Compilation
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#12]
This is a tough situation all around.

Imagine the reaction if the world teamed up against Iowa/Nebraska and demanded they stop farming.  They must return all that farmland to natural prairie for the sake of some critically endangered animal.

What do you do?  I’m not solid on one side of this debate like other people are.  How do you ‘get both’?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Just sad
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
David Attenborough is a faggot that uses monkeys to justify making the british pay ten bucks a gallon for gas and pay half their income to the state.

If he wants to save the world from us consumers maybe he should tell the inbreds in his social strata to stop brining third worlders to the first world where they will consume ten thousand times the resources they would have if they had stayed where they were.

Fucking hypocrite bitch... oh, and fuck that monkey.
View Quote
Ahh, finally!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Ahh, the grim meat hook or reality in plain view for everyone.  It's hard to be a wildlife conservationist because you have to look at the world as it is, not as you wish it to be.  People need to make a living.  The trick is to do it without raping every last square foot of the planet in the process.  Yeah, easier said than done.

I was sitting around with a good friend the other night and he was carrying on about some broke dick country in Africa that was going to exterminate all their elephants because they are a nuisance.  I responded with "It's a pity they can't figure out how to make those elephants an engine for local economies.  You know?  By making it so rich white guys will spend unspeakable amounts of money seeking a chance to visit and engage in a tightly controlled hunt.  I'll bet they could raise enough to pay for game protectors.  And the elephants would be a treasured resource instead of the big fucking monster that just trampled your sweet corn."  His only response was "Fuck you."
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Plantations for palm oil are owned by foreign interests. Nestle chief among them. Think rubber plantations in Viet Nam
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How dare people in the third world plant crops!  They are supposed to live in abject poverty and enjoy it for the sake of the planet.

Mike
Plantations for palm oil are owned by foreign interests. Nestle chief among them. Think rubber plantations in Viet Nam
Not 100% accurate. There are several Asian conglomerates with large interests in palm oil, including Astra Agro and Wilmar in Indo and Sime Darby and IOI in Malaysia.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It’s an excavator, not a bulldozer
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Imagine the reaction if the world teamed up against Iowa/Nebraska and demanded they stop farming.  They must return all that farmland to natural prairie for the sake of some critically endangered animal.

What do you do?  I’m not solid on one side of this debate like other people are.  How do you ‘get both’?
View Quote
One thing forty years of gardening (and hunting/fishing/camping/hiking/so on) has taught me is that all life is connected and it's mostly through the soil.

Industrial scale monocultures have significant downsides, yes we've learned to sustain enormous populations at very low economic cost but nothing is free and we're depleting legacy resource stocks in soils, aquifers and ecosystems. We've got a fairly big problem closer to home with citrus production.

There are more sustainable ways of doing things but they have higher economic costs nobody wants to pay.

Norman Borlaug may have just kicked the can down the road and created a much bigger problem, we don't know yet.

It's not just about the local threatened species losing their niches, we're wielding so much power now we have responsibilities our ancestors didn't.

I don't think there are many palatable solutions at high population densities, our freedom to swing our arms is directly related to the number of noses in the room.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just leave these guys alone...

https://i.imgflip.com/1tn2xe.jpg

Looking at their faces, it's hard not to see the connection to humans. Looking at his body is like looking in a mirror
View Quote
She's rougher than I remember, but for $90M I'd still hit it.

ETA: Apologies thought this was the Adele thread
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ahh, the grim meat hook or reality in plain view for everyone.  It's hard to be a wildlife conservationist because you have to look at the world as it is, not as you wish it to be.  People need to make a living.  The trick is to do it without raping every last square foot of the planet in the process.  Yeah, easier said than done.

I was sitting around with a good friend the other night and he was carrying on about some broke dick country in Africa that was going to exterminate all their elephants because they are a nuisance.  I responded with "It's a pity they can't figure out how to make those elephants an engine for local economies.  You know?  By making it so rich white guys will spend unspeakable amounts of money seeking a chance to visit and engage in a tightly controlled hunt.  I'll bet they could raise enough to pay for game protectors.  And the elephants would be a treasured resource instead of the big fucking monster that just trampled your sweet corn."  His only response was "Fuck you."
View Quote
Did you tell him you was sorry his girl lost?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#21]
How dare these impoverished 3rd worlders try and utilise their natural resources to improve their families lifestyle....
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#22]
The Coon Huntin'' Monkey (Live (1975 Picayune))
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s an fully semi automatic excavator, not a bulldozer
View Quote
FiFY
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How dare these impoverished 3rd worlders try and utilise their natural resources to improve their families lifestyle....
View Quote
Well theyre generally dumb as fuck and third worlders who find first world technology and machinery are perpetual rapists of their environments....so the first world needs to tell them how things are. All they give a fuck about is 'getting theirs' since theyve never knownn wealth.

So yes, we do need to tell them how to do things since the first world has been there before them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
You mean imagine if loggers in the Pacific north west were told to stop logging for the sake of some endangered animal?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just leave these guys alone...

https://i.imgflip.com/1tn2xe.jpg

Looking at their faces, it's hard not to see the connection to humans. Looking at his body is like looking in a mirror
View Quote
Kindergarten class at a refuge on their way to the playground.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#27]
There is a saying, "If you give a screwdriver to a gorilla he will throw it away, if you give one to a chimpamzee he will break it, and if you give one to an orang-utan he will use it to dismantle his cage and run away".
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh damn, I must have missed the memo.

Are the rain forests in danger again like they were back in the '90s?

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Sad to watch, but who is the rest of the world to stick their nose in what another nation does.

I just want to know what was with the blow guns. Where they shooting tranquilizer darts at it to move it or where they trying to kill it or just harass it into moving
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
seems familiar...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The older I get, the less I care about palm oil, and the more I value the natural world. There is a point where more progress and less wilderness is a very, very bad thing.
View Quote
That begs the question: Who gets to decide what people "make progress" vs those that do not?  Serious question.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Did not see dirt fly as you would  expect when a bullet hits the ground.
i wonder if this was staged and blanks were used?
Still, always a funny video.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Just wait until the Orangutan gets behind the wheel of that machine
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That begs the question: Who gets to decide what people "make progress" vs those that do not?  Serious question.

CMOS
View Quote
When the vast majority of this sort of thing is nothing more than the First World raping the Third, the answer is evident.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Sad. I try not to think about all of the animals impacted by the shit I buy.

Should've evolved I guess, better luck next millennium
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh look boys and girls... propaganda.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

One thing forty years of gardening (and hunting/fishing/camping/hiking/so on) has taught me is that all life is connected and it's mostly through the soil.

Industrial scale monocultures have significant downsides, yes we've learned to sustain enormous populations at very low economic cost but nothing is free and we're depleting legacy resource stocks in soils, aquifers and ecosystems. We've got a fairly big problem closer to home with citrus production.

There are more sustainable ways of doing things but they have higher economic costs nobody wants to pay.

Norman Borlaug may have just kicked the can down the road and created a much bigger problem, we don't know yet.

It's not just about the local threatened species losing their niches, we're wielding so much power now we have responsibilities our ancestors didn't.

I don't think there are many palatable solutions at high population densities, our freedom to swing our arms is directly related to the number of noses in the room.
View Quote
Wow what a spectacular reply!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Considering how badly they've fucked up their country, probably somebody with more sense?
View Quote
How progressive of you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike
Worked for us
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Best YouTube comment on the video: "Rare footage of Jeremy Clarkson fighting an excavator."

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Worked for us
View Quote
Until Teddy Roosevelt made us realize that one of greatest national treasures is our land itself in it's natural state.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Every year the earth's population increases by 80 million, almost all of it in the third world.
Environmentalists won't discuss THAT. All they want to talk about is destroying Western civilization.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#44]
That poor orangutan. hopelessly outmatched by the excavator.

He should have just got an injunction from the 9th circuit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Until Teddy Roosevelt made us realize that one of greatest national treasures is our land itself in it's natural state.
View Quote
That's Freedom.  A strong man confiscating your land to make you value things right.

Forward for Progress.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's Freedom.  A strong man confiscating your land to make you value things right.

Forward for Progress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forward for Progress.
And God Bless him for it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#47]
And yet, we don't have packs of wolves, polar bears, and mountain lions wandering around Manhattan.  Nobody seems to care.

REAL EASY to be an environmentalist after you have everything the way you want it where you are at.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Forward for Progress.
View Quote
What's your stance on building that Wall, and eminent domain

Forward for Progress and all
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Right turn Clyde.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#50]
This is the way it works with leftists.  You get people to give up quality of life over "feels".  That continues until it ends up you being the orangutan and the bulldozer is the government...figuratively of course.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top