Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

did they just vote to outlaw foam food containers?
View Quote
Now the official soup bowl of the boog

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Plastic bag local tax
View Quote
Defeated ... barely.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there a bill felonizing possession of plastic straws up for vote too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plastic bag local tax
Is there a bill felonizing possession of plastic straws up for vote too?
Only if you have 9 straws or less- you might be safe and your dog won't be shot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People like you are insufferable.  Of course they will speak against it, they did yesterday, they did before that in committee.  Might I remind you that while the much maligned castrati GOP controlled the house this bill was killed in committee every single year.  They even shut down the Gov's Gun Violence Prevention Special session this year without any action, knowing it would cost them in Nov.

For those unfamiliar with the VA leg session.  This could go very late, into the night.  They won't adjourn until they finish all their business or they run out of time.  HB961 will almost certainly pass the house, the dems have a near supermajority there and this bill is very close to their standard anti-gun orthodoxy.  Then it goes onto the Senate where it's a closer run thing with a lot more Dems in rural districts that actually have a reason to worry.  There has already been vocal dissent from some key Senate dems.  If this thing dies, it's in the Senate.
View Quote
i meant "balls" like try something radical to stop it.  Just to say they tried, filibuster attempt, something.  I am sorry that is insufferable to you.  geez, internet anonymity makes it easy to throw names at people

i am familiar with how it works.  so far, I've watched a relative handful of R's with some guts, not the entirety.  Amanda Chase has bigger balls than any of the men out there - she spoke up on red flag laws like she cares about it.  I know it won't matter, but at least fight.  I know there are ~4 senators that might kill it, I have emails from some of those very senators.  It is insufferable that people assume everyone else knows less than they do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, there goes fair elections with legitimate results.

No ID?  Just sign this, promising that you are who you say you are.

More election shit coming up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
L.J. Carter is a commie pinko sacklicker!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm sure this is unpopular but Voting and protesting doesn't do shit. These tyrants will do whatever they want. Only chance we have in these situations is LE not enforcing the laws and law abiding citizens ignoring the laws. Do not comply. Just say NO.
View Quote
So, get arrested, basically?

Is there any expectation the courts would rule in the defendant's favor in such a test case?  We just saw the appellate and state supreme court of VA bend the rules to allow a rogue governors to do whatever he wanted, remember.

In that case, of what use is getting arrested?  Martyrdom?  Rosa Parks was never gonna go to prison for decades for refusing to give up her seat in an organized protest.  The radical racists planting bombs operated with tacit approval from local populations & authorities until the feds got involved.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I ain't never gonna get a "Prevent Gun Violence" license plate
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, now you can get a "stop gun violence" license plate.

ETA Damn, 2 seconds
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Now discussing national electoral college vote compact
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i like it. it should be a speaking stick and you are only allowed to speak while you are holding it, and you can only speak for as long as you can continue hold it.  make it weigh 30lbs and if it touches the floor or a table and your done talking instantly.

you will cut down on most of those long winded fucks endless speeches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
i like it. it should be a speaking stick and you are only allowed to speak while you are holding it, and you can only speak for as long as you can continue hold it.  make it weigh 30lbs and if it touches the floor or a table and your done talking instantly.

you will cut down on most of those long winded fucks endless speeches.
Should be used to brain anyone who interrupts, runs over their allotted time, breaks parliamentary rules, or insults the populace.

There should be a ceremonial knout for lesser infractions.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I can honestly say I’m very happy they passed this for license plates.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/leecartersloth_png-1272332.JPG
He’s actually one of the dems who is very likely to vote against the AWB.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]
This fucktard Levine.

What a worthless piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Levine can also go to hell for popular vote support.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed. I may dislike his politics on any number of other issues, but he is good on this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He has told people he's a no on the AWB.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get that, and I hope he does.  I still don't like him, or any other DSA member.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Multiple voter fuckery motions passed
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, there goes fair elections with legitimate results.

No ID?  Just sign this, promising that you are who you say you are.

More election shit coming up.
View Quote
The Dems play for keeps. The Voting laws and census gerrymandering will probably net them a super majority in the house, or close to it. Plus we will get two terms of either Red herring or Rape Em all fairfax, as the dems will most likely pass the law allowing 2 consecutive terms for Governor.
How the Va GOP just let Nov 5th go without a fight is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn feed crashing over and over on me.  Sounds like they got all their vote fraud accelerators through.  What else?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, I ain't never gonna get a "Prevent Gun Violence" license plate
View Quote
Quoted:
Well, now you can get a "stop gun violence" license plate.

ETA Damn, 2 seconds
View Quote
We already have those I've seen them in Arlington
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#24]
My feed is all fucked up
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#25]
264 passed the house

CHP competency requirements.

ETA: removes online class, etc.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He actually voted against a few anti-gun bills and texted back to someone here saying he wasn’t likely to vote for 961.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
264; demonstration of handgun competence- passed.

Probably gonna make it a $250.00 class now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
264 passed the house

View Quote
Does anyone know if hunter safety is still considered acceptable for this?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#29]
how strong are our chances in the senate?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
264; demonstration of handgun competence- passed.

Probably gonna make it a $250.00 class now.
View Quote
is that new or renewal?  or both?  it sucks either way, but damn if you have to do it for renewals...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably, but I haven't dug through all the language yet - doesn't say it specifically in the summary.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB264

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Concealed handgun permits; demonstration of competence. Removes the option for concealed handgun permit applicants to demonstrate competence with a handgun by completing an electronic, video, or online course conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor. The bill does not affect any in-person means of satisfying the requirement to demonstrate competence with a handgun under current law.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Living wage commie bullshit from Adams now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Dems play for keeps. The Voting laws and census gerrymandering will probably net them a super majority in the house, or close to it. Plus we will get two terms of either Red herring or Rape Em all fairfax, as the dems will most likely pass the law allowing 2 consecutive terms for Governor.
How the Va GOP just let Nov 5th go without a fight is beyond me.
View Quote
Because a bunch of republicans are just modified democrats. They are not on our side.
Democrats are against us, republicans are not on the side of the constitution.
That's how.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would seriously doubt it.  It's a separate course here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
DGIF hunter safety course is still accepted under this bill. They got rid of online course, and -more significantly - got rid of NRA certified instructors as acceptable. Has to be a state DCJS-certified instructor now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
MD is trying to piggyback on VA's "success". Looks like they're "learning" and incentivizing early registration, with the hope that those don't register early will see $1000/firearm as too expensive and sell them out of state. It also aims to reduce the number of firearms people own in MD. The guy with 3 AR's might only register one and sell the others. Those with a dozen or more will simply move out of state. Hogan the RINO will sign it too.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2020RS/bills/hb/hb1261F.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3vM6qNQfjFiHkhFEQEBKLemzqchKM5VlyMNgQeoN-Dk9FJYKa41eX8USM

SUBTITLE.
(III) A PERSON WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON AS DESCRIBED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (II) OF THIS PARAGRAPH IS SUBJECT TO:
1. ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2021, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $290 PER FIREARM;
2. ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2022, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $580 PER FIREARM; AND
3. ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2022, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $1,000 PER FIREARM.
(IV) 1. A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND WHO REGISTERS
HOUSE BILL 1261 7

8 HOUSE BILL 1261
1 THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND
2 BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, ONLY AFTER BEING DISCOVERED IN POSSESSION OF THE
3 ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, IS
4 NOT SUBJECT TO THE PENALTIES IN  4306 OF THIS SUBTITLE.
View Quote
That crap shouldn't be any more legal than poll taxes.    Deliberately adding a high tax and registration to discourage people from legally owning something that's constitutionally protected.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
is that new or renewal?  or both?  it sucks either way, but damn if you have to do it for renewals...
View Quote
I would imagine it would be grandfathered (im an online course CCW holder)

No grandfather?  well. concealed means concealed right?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Living wage commie bullshit from Adams now.
View Quote
Such grandstanding.  pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because a bunch of republicans are just modified democrats. They are not on our side.
Democrats are against us, republicans are not on the side of the constitution.
That's how.
View Quote
i see many votes that are more than 55.  that means R's are voting with D's, surprise!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Probably, but I haven't dug through all the language yet - doesn't say it specifically in the summary.

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Concealed handgun permits; demonstration of competence. Removes the option for concealed handgun permit applicants to demonstrate competence with a handgun by completing an electronic, video, or online course conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor. The bill does not affect any in-person means of satisfying the requirement to demonstrate competence with a handgun under current law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
I’ll have to keep an eye on it and see what we can find out. If so.....it’ll be time to make it a focus to hammer the School Boards to get Hunter Safety back in school programs......it’s only common sense.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Dawn Adams is a tard....just print mo' money...for the chirren. $15 min wage is going to kill a lot of entry level jobs. I hope she likes touch screen ordering and massively growing the ranks of the unemployed.

ETA Dawn Adams' bio touts her small business owner status. It is a consulting firm- she has had some issues with her consulting firm:

Del. Dawn Adams, D-Richmond, shared private patient health information with a former legislative aide as part of work the aide performed for Adams’ health care consulting firm, according to emails obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Adams’ former aide, Maureen Hains, said in an interview she was never asked to sign a confidentiality agreement required by federal law of health care workers who are asked to handle private health records.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
DGIF hunter safety course is still accepted under this bill. They got rid of online course, and -more significantly - got rid of NRA certified instructors as acceptable. Has to be a state DCJS-certified instructor now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand.....but some of us are working on this whole thing from an entirely different angle. See avatar......any angle for opportunity gets figured into our response.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#43]
This Sussex delegate is borderline retarded with how she is speaking.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#44]
How can democrats not understand that forcing companies to pay a wage that the business doesn’t support will equal lost jobs and more people worse off?

The answer: they know, and want more people dependent on government handouts.  Generational government dependence is a democrat voting program.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]
this stream is more frail than a crippled old woman.

calling it now, it WILL cut out during 961 talk
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
264 passed the house

ETA: removes online class, etc.
View Quote
Removes accepting a NRA pistol course as meeting course requirements, which means they'll make it a course nobody can pass. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
I thought it was alphabet soup.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I’ll have to keep an eye on it and see what we can find out. If so.....it’ll be time to make it a focus to hammer the School Boards to get Hunter Safety back in school programs......it’s only common sense.
View Quote
The current Virginia Code provides for it, and the Virginia Department of Education has an entire curriculum already, at least for younger kids. The Code allows for hunter education for grades 7-12 in public schools.

It's all there, already. You just have to get the local school board - which is COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT of the board of supervisors - to do it. I pointed all of this out when the local Karens in my county tried to push the Everytown "gun safety" shit into schools.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yep. Helps to further identify the enemy in situations where you may not be sure
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep. Helps to further identify the enemy in situations where you may not be sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top