Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s been a back and forth issue for a while in Shenco.

They’ve been fighting over it for a few years. Everyone that wants to keep it is racist, everyone that wants to change it are liberals. Funny thing is, the big push to originally change came from voices outside the county. I.e NOVA and Richmond.

Most people are just tired of the political bs both directions and just want to move on to more important issues.

The schools so damn poor they are constantly begging the parents for money for this or that, but have it to waste on this shit. It’s a subject that should have never gotten off the ground in the first place, but everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame, children be damned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I would rather graduate from a highschool named after a dude that said fuck the Fed, Virginia is the way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would rather graduate from a highschool named after a dude that said fuck the Fed, Virginia is the way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, we can’t have that now, can we?

This shit goes back to Northam. He had his finger in it the first go around.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will die, and no one will remember him.

We will always remember Mr Lee and Mr Jackson
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What allot of people who don't realize is there are ALLOT of people in Shenco who's ancestors fought in the war. And not only that,  many of them have ancestors who also fought in the Revolutionary War.

There is a cemetary in the middle of Woodstock with the dead from both wars. And BOTH sides.

Including some members here with roots in Shenco going back to the Civil War.

So what's next? Start tearing down tomb markers with Confederate markings?

There was even a family cemetary in my development that had some people who fought in the wars.

So now some people who move to the area from NoVA and are offended?

It ain't happening.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. Hopefully if he is  remembered, it’s as the one who had to flee the state……
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While I don't agree with erasing the statues/names for the sake of social justice.

As a "Yankee" I never understood the loyalty to getting 2nd place in the civil war.
View Quote

“Yankee” explains a lot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1.) Virginia wanted to stay with the Union but joined after being told to kill South Carolinians.
2.) Lots of Confederate leaders trained at West Point, both sides knew each other personally.
3.) Reconstruction was designed to reunify the nation, Virginia has a lot of pride in our decision to enter the war to defend others.
4.) It is an important part of Virginian history, not necessarily national history. Which is why we care and you don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I don't agree with erasing the statues/names for the sake of social justice.

As a "Yankee" I never understood the loyalty to getting 2nd place in the civil war.

1.) Virginia wanted to stay with the Union but joined after being told to kill South Carolinians.
2.) Lots of Confederate leaders trained at West Point, both sides knew each other personally.
3.) Reconstruction was designed to reunify the nation, Virginia has a lot of pride in our decision to enter the war to defend others.
4.) It is an important part of Virginian history, not necessarily national history. Which is why we care and you don't.

This! Everyone of my GG fathers fought for the confederacy on duty to their state and their family (the army of Northern Virginia & several regiments in SW VA) just like their grandfathers did in the revolutionary war (Culpeper Minuteman and over the mountain men).
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys I learned in school the good guys won all the wars!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clement_Vallandigham

In 1863, he was convicted by an Army court martial for publicly expressing opposition to the war and exiled to the Confederate States of America. He ran for governor of Ohio in 1863 from exile in Canada, but was defeated.

Whoops sorry

The authority for Burnside's order came from a proclamation of September 24, 1862 in which President Lincoln suspended habeas corpus and made discouraging enlistments, drafts, or any other "disloyal" practices subject to martial law and trial by military commissions.

Vallandigham lost his bid for a third full term in 1862 by a relatively large vote, which meant that he would be out of office early in 1863. However, his loss was at least partially caused by the redistricting of his congressional district.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Virginia > South > Union > gay New England
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Texas>Virginia>South>Union>gay New England
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no Texas without Virginia. And I say that with love.

We are turbo happy you claimed your own lands and live by your own code, which is all we ever wanted.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We are turbo happy you claimed your own lands and live by your own code, which is all we ever wanted.
View Quote

100% Agree

-signed, Virginian turned Texan

I used to live in Amherst County and graduated high school in Lynchburg, VA. Beautiful country there, sir.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

100% Agree

I used to live in Amherst County and graduated high school in Lynchburg, VA. Beautiful country there, sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% Agree

Based Virginia, based Texas.

Even our self defense laws are based.

Virginia: we will determine it based off the merits of the case.

Based.

Texas: If it's after dark and that guy was committing a crime, good shoot.

Also based.

We are both based
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the leftists are always picking on great American military leaders like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. They were following the orders of a democratically-elected government. Those states seceded because voters elected pro-secession politicians to office and to state conventions. Those politicians created and staffed a military, and gave that military orders. It seems like the more successful the military officer was, the more the leftists hate them.
View Quote

The reason they HATE Lee and Jackson has nothing to do with slavery.  Democrats were the slave owners, the Klan, and the Lynch Mobs.

They HATE Lee and Jackson because they stood up to the Federal Government.

Same reason they hate the Confederacy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The reason they HATE Lee and Jackson has nothing to do with slavery.  Democrats were the slave owners, the Klan, and the Lynch Mobs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why the leftists are always picking on great American military leaders like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. They were following the orders of a democratically-elected government. Those states seceded because voters elected pro-secession politicians to office and to state conventions. Those politicians created and staffed a military, and gave that military orders. It seems like the more successful the military officer was, the more the leftists hate them.

Worse, those guys were really good guys.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
A bunch of those second place guys helped make the nation. Ever heard of the American revolution?
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A bunch of those second place guys helped make the nation. Ever heard of the American revolution?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's more than that. Their objectives, ideals and principles were better than a consolidated federal government.

They never teach Calhoun, because he introduced universal consent for federal laws. That's a pretty good idea.

OH WHAT IF THERE'S A HOLD OUT?  Well, we have the amendment process.

WELL WHAT IF THEY STILL DON'T AGREE?  The southern mind says, "best of luck to you, good luck on your journey"
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#20]
All Cultures are Equal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's more than that. Their objectives, ideals and principles were better than a consolidated federal government.

They never teach Calhoun, because he introduced universal consent for federal laws. That's a pretty good idea.

WELL WHAT IF THEY STILL DON'T AGREE?  The southern mind says, "best of luck to you, good luck on your journey"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we agree,  or disagree?  I'm confused and a bit drunk.

ETA I'm from North Carolina eastern!
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All Cultures are Equal.
View Quote

I love so many upper Midwest states. Montana, Minnesota (boundary waters are awesome), Dakotas, etc.

But I will stay in Virginia. I absolutely love it here, and it has nothing to do with our current governor or anything else political. We are the foundation of American political thought. We have a gorgeous state. And I don't need a billion yard caliber to shoot things because trees exist.

Virginia forever
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree brother. But the best part of agreement is disagreement within agreement. NO YOU DON'T LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO

NO F YOU CHECK THIS OUT

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All Cultures are Equal.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agree brother. But the best part of agreement is disagreement within agreement. NO YOU DON'T LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO

NO F YOU CHECK THIS OUT

View Quote
Of note, I had a Confederate Col. and a union Captain in my family.   But I'm not convicted!
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Flag is a civil war flag
Flag is a throwback to Roman republic
Flag has tits
Legit everyone hates population centers outside the population centers and just loves learning

Did I mention the entire state likes Rome?
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Restoring history from the Taliban left.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Of note, I had a Confederate Col. and a union Captain in my family.   But I'm not convicted!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO F YOU CHECK THIS OUT

The union guy did service. The confederate guy did service.

The guys that died for the Confederacy were just extra special dudes though. Think about it objectively. A private didn't have slaves, he didn't have title, he had the same nothing a private from the north had.

The difference is the private from the north had a false sense of duty. The private from the south had a very real duty.

"Because you are down here."
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#29]
In both sides exist service. That's a fact.

But only when others are in your home do you have purpose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In both sides exist service. That's a fact.

But only when others are in your home do you have purpose.
View Quote

My father's side fought in the volunteer Vermont Infantry and my mother's side the volunteer Florida Infantry.

America be like dat.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
We like it how it is here, no thank you - we do not want to change. Take care.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I love so many upper Midwest states. Montana, Minnesota (boundary waters are awesome), Dakotas, etc.

But I will stay in Virginia. I absolutely love it here, and it has nothing to do with our current governor or anything else political. We are the foundation of American political thought. We have a gorgeous state. And I don't need a billion yard caliber to shoot things because trees exist.

Virginia forever
View Quote

Gun owning is the Best Sub-Culture....aside from Music and Food of course.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Thank you for getting my Leftist inspired Sarcasm.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

He’s right everyone.  We should get rid of all the Vietnam war stuff too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a saying I love.

"A bumper sticker slogan takes three paragraphs to refute"
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

My roots run deep in TN, but my wife's side hail from VA. My nephew graduated from Stonewall Jackson, glad to see that  Shenandoah County has come to their senses and changed the name back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293682/Resized_20240318_161624_jpeg-3229629.JPG

My roots run deep in TN, but my wife's side hail from VA. My nephew graduated from Stonewall Jackson, glad to see that  Shenandoah County has come to their senses and changed the name back.
View Quote

Mosby is a great dude.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293682/Resized_20240318_161624_jpeg-3229629.JPG

View Quote

Didn't even look before posting, but I'll be damned if Tennessee isn't filled with good men

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Where is the other Virginia thread?

"Virginians, it’s time to chart a new course for our great nation and march forward toward a better future. The GOP and the Virginia Republican party are the party of hope, opportunity, low taxes, parental rights, and backing the blue. We are the party that will ensure the future success of our great Commonwealth and our great nation.

So let’s go to work to return strength to the White House and elect Donald J. Trump!"

- Governor Glenn Youngkin addressing the Convention delegates Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The ideals were that the central government had no constitutional authority to overstep its limited powers.

Northerners were equally as racist, most of them didn't want to be surrounded by, much less look at a black person. Hence why there was such a push to move the black population to Africa or the Caribbean.

The north did not fight to end slavery. And there is no law against secession, and no state would have ratified the Constitution in the late 18th century had any of them believed otherwise.
View Quote

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top