BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There seems to be a (at least one) misconception running rampant through this thread. Do some of you believe that belonging to an OMG, and even bring present when a crime is committed, somehow constitutes probable cause for arrest? It does not.

Engaging in organized criminal activity doesn't somehow join every gang member that was present to make him guilty of a crime that another commits. Engaging in organized criminal activity is kind of an enhancement of a crime based upon a person's status as a gang member. The person, each gang member, must still be shown by either act or omission, to have engaged in the commission of the crime.

I wasn't there and don't know what happened. I do know that if you committed no crime, you cannot correctly be prosecuted for merely gang affiliation.

View Quote

That is actually kind of how RICO works.  It is generally used to go after the leaders of criminal organizations even if they have others commit the actual crimes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you mean the leaders were prosecuted for belonging to gangs, that's incorrect. RICO relied on establishing corrupt, criminal organizations, with leadership and chain of command. It did give LE the ability to go after the bosses for giving criminal direction to underlings.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Let's not be coy about the situation. If you know OMG bikers then you know these 'mom and pop' riding clubs are affailated to the OMG's as support groups. The police, FBI, local government know which 'mom and pop' MC clubs have signed on as 'affialites' to mask criminal enterprise.

They are stupid because they where patches that designate their loyalty to the OMG's.

Example: The 'mom and pop' MC's that proudly wear "81" patches as affiliate support groups of the Hells Angels.

The "Scimitars motorcycle club" (arrested in these murders) are a publicly known support group of the OMG Cossacks. This is widely known.

Here is the patch this 'mom and pop' MC club proudly wears.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/scimitars2-e1431918047139.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

Bandidio Support groups at Waco wore the  "Heart Patch".

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/uncleralph/bandidos.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all well and good except there were nine clubs or more at this bimonthly meeting which has taken place for 30 years or so, with only 2 or 3 being legitimate OUTLAW clubs. The rest were mom and pop riding clubs. 147 people still in jail locked up on $1million bail. Most of y'all might not care because "fuck 'em and everybody that looks like 'em" with regards to dirty bikers. But, if they can get away with this with dirty bikers, then they can get away with this with dirty gun owners or dirty conservatives or dirty "fill in the blank".

Like I said earlier in this thread, NOT EVERYBODY LOCKED UP IN THIS INCIDENT AND CHARGED WITH BEING A PART OF ORGANIZED CRIME WAS A MEMBER OF AN OUTLAW 1%er MOTORCYCLE GANG.

Let's not be coy about the situation. If you know OMG bikers then you know these 'mom and pop' riding clubs are affailated to the OMG's as support groups. The police, FBI, local government know which 'mom and pop' MC clubs have signed on as 'affialites' to mask criminal enterprise.

They are stupid because they where patches that designate their loyalty to the OMG's.

Example: The 'mom and pop' MC's that proudly wear "81" patches as affiliate support groups of the Hells Angels.

The "Scimitars motorcycle club" (arrested in these murders) are a publicly known support group of the OMG Cossacks. This is widely known.

The Bandidos are expanding in each of these regions by forming additional chapters and allowing members of supporting clubs, known as “puppet” or “duck” club members who have sworn allegiance to another club but who support and do the “dirty work” of a mother club – to form new or join existing Bandidos chapters.

Here is the patch this 'mom and pop' MC club proudly wears.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/scimitars2-e1431918047139.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

Bandidio Support groups at Waco wore the  "Heart Patch".

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/uncleralph/bandidos.jpg

That's the point I was making. The three guys I know (2 personally) in the VISEGRIP MC don't wear any such support patches. Because they are not an outlaw gang nor are they a support club for an outlaw gang. But, they were still locked up, charged with organized crime, and held on a million dollar bail. One could make the assumption that they were arrested because of the clothes they wore LOOKED SIMILAR (but NOT the same) as the outlaw gangs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There seems to be a (at least one) misconception running rampant through this thread. Do some of you believe that belonging to an OMG, and even bring present when a crime is committed, somehow constitutes probable cause for arrest? It does not.

Engaging in organized criminal activity doesn't somehow join every gang member that was present to make him guilty of a crime that another commits. Engaging in organized criminal activity is kind of an enhancement of a crime based upon a person's status as a gang member. The person, each gang member, must still be shown by either act or omission, to have engaged in the commission of the crime.

I wasn't there and don't know what happened. I do know that if you committed no crime, you cannot correctly be prosecuted for merely gang affiliation.

View Quote

Belonging to the Bloods, Crips etc here is not illegal. Just the activities that they do make it illegal.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They won some nice coin from NYC because of my department.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even though I doubt the story, highly most of the outlaw bikers I know would sign that paper and laugh all the way out the jailhouse door.  They're not big on creating joinder with the system so lawsuits aren't a really high priority in their lives.

HAs file lawsuits all the time.
Yeah, but they're HA's.  

They won some nice coin from NYC because of my department.

Did you guys do something like lock up everyone wearing vests after a bar fight?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]
With as many people out there who have phones and other devices which record video, I believe somewhere out there is video of what happened.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With as many people out there who have phones and other devices which record video, I believe somewhere out there is video of what happened.
View Quote

One of the articles I read mentioned that the reporter had seen video of the event, and most the bikers were taking cover instead of actively fighting.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top