Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only some parts of Ohio do not have smog testing plenty of counties do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio doesn't have vehicle inspections.  Nor smog testing.  We get along just fine.

Our vehicle registration costs are less than $50 a year.  That's it.  That's all it costs to drive in Ohio for a year for a passenger vehicle or light truck.  No annual taxes on vehicles either.

It's really nice to have all this dangerous freedom of movement.
There's 88 counties in Ohio, only 7 of them require E-Check.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There's 88 counties in Ohio, only 7 of them require E-Check.
View Quote
thats 7 too many for those of us in them

And to be clear I wasn’t saying that having the e-check prevented accidents and was a Godsend for the environment, it’s mostly a PIA When you own an older vehicle
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only 7 counties do, out of 88.  92% of Ohio does not have smog testing.  That is not "plenty" of counties.   Most of Ohio has no smog testing.

They are all in the greater Cleveland area (or Toledo ).  That area isn't even considered "Ohio" by the rest of us.  It's filled with people who talk funny and act more like NE liberals than Ohioans.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But nearly all ghettos were government created.  For example, only allowing people of a certain ethnic group to live in a defined area, or creating laws specifically singling them out.  There was no government benefits, but ghettos were enforced by law.
View Quote
Let's not forget to check on Somalia, Mn in a decade.

I'm betting it will be a no go zone for cops
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Only someone that's unable to read the text for themselves could be confused by "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" or the Constitutional amendment process in Article V.  "...To a modern society" should mean literally nothing with regard to the Constitution and it's shocking that someone that swore to support and defend it would crumple it up so.
View Quote

Shocking that TC does not support the 2nd as written.

The hell you say
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"In my mind"?  That's kind of rude, Princess. Please think before you reply.

We're talking about two completely different things.

(turned out to be a faulty fuel injector that Ford is going to repair under warranty, but that was never the point)
View Quote
Careful pal.  You need to be aware of what happens to calling someone with a badge a name on this website.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Then work to improve the delivery of the services that people want. The answer is not to wholesale slash entire sections of the government.

I don't know what issues you are having with what I posted, which is a pretty accurate summation of why we have the government we have
View Quote
Dept of Ed, gone.  We have 50

BLM, gone, locals can handle it.

Amtrac, gone, corporations.

TVA, and many others, gone.

ATF, gone.

This aint fucking rocket science.

Half the welfare bullshit is duplicated. gone.

This list goes on.

Once again, Statists gone statist
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All of them. Particularly the parts where you said you were aware that you were in violation of the law, but because a nebulous group of legislators said it “wasn’t their intent” you went ahead and violated the law anyway.

Let me know if I’ve missed anything important. Note: your other attempts to rationalize responsibility that you willfully violated a firearms law qualify as “not important.” You are the living, breathing, embodiment of animal house.
View Quote
Keep digging that nonsensical hole.
You're looking foolish
Legislative intent actually does mean something when the people who draft legislation explain that something was an omission that's going to be corrected and is in fact corrected. The time involved was so short that there would not have been time for agencies to order in and issue ban compliant magazines.
Your attempt at a gotcha moment is a flop
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're looking foolish
Legislative intent actually does mean something when the people who draft legislation explain that something was an omission that's going to be corrected and is in fact corrected. The time involved was so short that there would not have been time for agencies to order in and issue ban compliant magazines.
View Quote
The police lobby was able to fairly quickly beat the opposition that was trying to get the limit overturned for everyone.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The police lobby was able to fairly quickly beat the opposition that was trying to get the limit overturned for everyone.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're looking foolish
Some animals....
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ATF, gone.

This list goes on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then work to improve the delivery of the services that people want. The answer is not to wholesale slash entire sections of the government.

I don't know what issues you are having with what I posted, which is a pretty accurate summation of why we have the government we have

ATF, gone.

This list goes on.

If you ever run for office you have my vote.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We don't have vehicle inspections here nor smog testing. Amazingly it hasn't devolved into chaos and carnage on the roads yet.

You're defending a pointless .gov money grab and claiming that a government is not responsible for the laws it passes to boot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.
Your viewpoint is that the American people  should not expect that the government require that people properly maintain their personal equipment when its being operated on the public roadway.
Where does that end? How much of a rolling wreck is acceptable before penalties kick in that force equipment to be fixed to an acceptable standard?
I know from past threads that some people here think that people should be able to drive their vehicle in any state of disrepair they wish to.
I'm not sure that that is acceptable to the majority of citizens who share the roads with the rolling wrecks.
I hate paying a ton of money myself when there's a problem with my vehicle, but it is what it is. Stuff needs to be maintained if its on the public roads.
We don't have vehicle inspections here nor smog testing. Amazingly it hasn't devolved into chaos and carnage on the roads yet.

You're defending a pointless .gov money grab and claiming that a government is not responsible for the laws it passes to boot.
No shit....corrupt as fuck IL hasn’t even started the vehicle inspection fraud tax yet, if that doesn’t put it in perspective nothing does.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3rd party editorial time:

American conservatives fucked up bigly when they felt the need to go all law and order to protect themselves from drug using minorities. It was an  understandable overreaction but a tragic one. Rather than looking at the roots of many issues,which  would have required introspection and a degree of self-blame,they decided that cops and prisons would scare the people who frightened them into behaving properly. In reality it made the situation worse,cost a huge amount of money and made police into something they should not have been.

They created this idea that cops were the only thing standing between good and chaos and,humans being humans,cops adopted being warriors in blue rather than civil servants performing a job that should not be adversarial. The right wing made American cops into what they are now vs what it formerly wanted them to be. Popular culture is a reflection of a society: they don't want Sheriff Taylor anymore,they want a door kicking badass from pick your movie or TV show.

So,you get overcrowded prisons you are stuck paying for,police who hate their community and people who are scared of both the wolf and the sheepdog. The only way to fix this IME is to admit that liberals were actually right about a few things such as non-violent crime not needing a jackboot on the neck and crime largely being a socioeconomic problem that jackboots don't fix. Yeah,this isn't going to happen.

This whole notion of being "LE friendly" is ridiculous. You should not have to be "LE friendly" any more than garbage man friendly or road repair guy friendly but again,that's not what you wanted so it isn't what you got. It's only scary now that being "tough on crime" means the prospect of  enforcing laws you don't like with means you put at their disposal to combat people you don't like. The shoe being on the other foot just isn't very comfortable now.
View Quote
Actually no it didn't, your assessment is myopic and simply incorrect. You don't have to agree with it or the tactics, but the 'war on crime' was insanely successful.  It was a net benefit socially and economically. Violent and overall crime rates are down by substantial numbers since their high water mark in the late 70's and early 80's.  It was the 'empty the prisons' and soft on crime policies of the 60-70's that contributed to such high crime rates in the first place.  This crackdown has been especially beneficial to the economies of untold jurisdictions and the nation at whole, and every demographic has benefited.  Compare 1970's NYC to today, now extrapolate that across the nation. People love to dwell on sore spots, agendas, outliers, or focus only on specific aspects of the war on drugs for example (aided by greater information saturation/access), when the war on drugs in this context was also extremely successful as applied as a broken windows strategy to violent and non-drug crime.  Anyone who doesn't realize all of this has a very short memory, or no understanding of history or the numbers regarding this issue.

But don't worry, we are now in the midst of a big soft on crime push by various interests....Left and Right, because people have forgotten or simply never lived it. I guess we will see how it pans out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No shit....corrupt as fuck IL hasn't even started the vehicle inspection fraud tax yet, if that doesn't put it in perspective nothing does.
View Quote
I think a few counties have but I live in a free county as it were.
Page / 60
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top