Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2020 7:53:19 PM EDT
It has emerged over time that Bob Ross Inc is run by Bob’s business partners, including Mr. Walt Kowalski, who “retired” from CIA shortly before his wife discovered Ross and the TV show and phenomenon began.

The business is still based in Herndon.

Given the hypnotic, mildly psychedelic nature of a Bob Ross program, and even a tangential connection to the agency, I think we need to run this one to ground.

No one denies that the man could paint, but he seemed to have a lot of “accidents” on screen.

Was “happy little accident” the go-word for an MKULTRA agent somewhere?

Discuss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always wondered about the coke nail and fro...
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I know Walt.  Son of a bitch stole my Gran Turino!
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It has emerged over time that Bob Ross Inc is run by Bob's business partners, including Mr. Walt Kowalski, who "retired" from CIA shortly before his wife discovered Ross and the TV show and phenomenon began.

The business is still based in Herndon.

Given the hypnotic, mildly psychedelic nature of a Bob Ross program, and even a tangential connection to the agency, I think we need to run this one to ground.

No one denies that the man could paint, but he seemed to have a lot of "accidents" on screen.

Was "happy little accident" the go-word for an MKULTRA agent somewhere?

Discuss.
View Quote
No but the fact that the company/his family squirreled away all his paintings in boxes in a warehouse is utter horseshit as during the run of the show he plainly offered to auction the paintings for charities.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always thought this as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Some happy little trees here, and maybe a path here
View Quote

Bob Ross was beating the shit out of his brushes and peaceful painting.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Sniper.
In Nam.
420 confirmed kills.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
At this stage of my life, I presume everything that is projected on the magic box is run by spooks.

I could temporarily end many of the world's problems if I could convince people to take their PCs, cable boxes and TVs out to the curb with the rest of their trash.  But then some other propaganda substrate would be conceived and it's game on again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always wondered about the coke nail and fro...
View Quote

Official story on the fro was that he got a perm to save time when it was sort of in style, but years later his handlers (err, uh, business partners) wouldn’t let him ditch it because it was literally part of the brand and trademark.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll say LSD was involved.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems to me that the guy really enjoyed painting and hoped to spread the joy he got from it with others. He had a tv show to boot that was very mildly popular while he was living, but it had since enjoyed a resurgence by today's youth.  

To think that retired CIA people may have other talents or want to pursue other activities in retirement must be an odd thought to some.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bob Ross was beating the shit devil out of his brushes and peaceful painting.  
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, It's true. He went on ops back in 'Nam with Mr Rogers, who was a Green Beret.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It seems to me that the guy really enjoyed painting and hoped to spread the joy he got from it with others. He had a tv show to boot that was very mildly popular while he was living, but it had since enjoyed a resurgence by today's youth.  

To think that retired CIA people may have other talents or want to pursue other activities in retirement must be an odd thought to some.
View Quote

CIA people never retire.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, It's true. He went on ops back in 'Nam with Mr Rogers, who was a Green Beret.
View Quote

I believe that was Captain Kangaroo.

However, Roald Dahl really was a British agent in the war.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

CIA people never retire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CIA people never retire.
do they ever just up and quit?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Bob wasn't strange enough to march in the spook parade.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, he and Julia Child we're doing the nasty and we're transmitting radio signals via mating calls.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Naw, the rumor about him being a serial killer and painting where the bodies are buried is much better
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
We was an Air Force veteran, retiring as a Master Sergeant.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
did something bad happen when he painted a happy tree? did a lot of bad things happen when he painted a bunch of them?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CIA people never retire.

They could tell you, but then they’d have to kill you...
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's even admitted to being a pretty mean bastard for discipline reasons before.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some sources claim he served as a Medical Records Technician.

Others make him sound more like an instructor of some type bellowing orders.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No but the fact that the company/his family squirreled away all his paintings in boxes in a warehouse is utter horseshit as during the run of the show he plainly offered to auction the paintings for charities.
View Quote

Thought I saw somewhere that he did 3 paintings for each show.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Id fall asleep everytime watching him. Hypnotizer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I have it on inside information that Bob Ross was the project manager for MK Ultra.  

But keep that just between us ARFCOMMERS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have it on inside information that Bob Ross was the project manager for MK Ultra.  

View Quote

The profile is more consistent with being a dupe, cutout, or patsy.

He was in the USAF from 1961-1981 so the heyday of intel.

“Ross was very secretive about his life and had a great liking for privacy. Some of only a few interviews with his close-knit circle of friends and family can be found in the 2011 PBS documentary Bob Ross: The Happy Painter.[11] Bob Ross Inc. is protective of his intellectual property and his privacy to this day.[5][11]“
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]
He was a master seargent in the air force and was a noted disciplinarian, but seemed to be fair.

He died at 52 of lymphoma
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm certainly no expert, but the handful of CIA, Delta, DevGru and other tier 1 type guys I've met in my life all had artistic hobbies (painting, drawing, playing instruments, wood working, metal working, nature photography etc) and were VERY good at them. It makes sense though, you have to have an above average IQ to flourish in those career fields, and people with higher IQs tend to be artistic. Couple that with the insane work ethic, focus, and attention to detail those dudes have, and it all comes together.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#32]
2 words

Carol Baskins
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I say this with the utmost respect

Y'all are seriously retarded.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
CIA “Operation Long Leash”

We funded abstract impressionism in euro and commbloc countries. Bob Ross NEVER painted that crap.

“the path of Abstract Expressionism to modernism, post-modernism, to contemporary American Art without consideration of the many different directions or genre of American Art. Historians have debated how and why American Art changed from Social Realism and the American Scene painters to Abstract Expressionism and Modernism, but much of the history of American Art ignores developments of these more realistic and representational painters, as well as new artists working in similar ways, after World War II.
Recent histories have identified factors influencing the focus on Abstract Expressionism including significant funding from the Central Intelligence Agency or CIA in a covert plan to use Abstract Expressionism as a Cold War weapon. These activities by the CIA are well researched by Francis Stoner Saunders in her book titled, The Cultural Cold War:The CIA and the World of Arts and Letters. In this history, Saunders effectively demonstrates that the CIA funneled large sums of money through many secondary organizations like the Congress for Cultural Freedom to fund exhibitions, periodicals, books, even individual artists. All of whom advanced the progress of modernist American Art and demonstrated the freedom of expression that existed under democracy.
The CIA used these secondary organizations to hide the source of the money because it was believed that many members of these organizations would not have otherwise accepted the money or cooperated in the objective. As a result, most if not all of the employees working for these organizations that created art, wrote articles, curated and managed artist’s projects during this time had no idea they were part of an organization funded by the CIA.“
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I have never bought the cover story that MSgt Ross, USAF (Ret.) was a lowly medical records clerk who did a stint as a TI and acting 1st Sgt. That dude was clearly a heart breaker and a life taker.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

“Ross was very secretive about his life and had a great liking for privacy. Some of only a few interviews with his close-knit circle of friends and family can be found in the 2011 PBS documentary Bob Ross: The Happy Painter.[11] Bob Ross Inc. is protective of his intellectual property and his privacy to this day.[5][11]“
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every one of his paintings (save for a few given as gifts) have never been offered for sale and still remain warehoused by Bob Ross INC.

Bet he was unintentionally responsible for an explosion in the use of marijuana. "Bong hits with Bob" was a thing when I was a teenager.

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.widewalls.ch/magazine/cia-art-cold-war

Maybe Bob Ross’s mission was to prevent abstract impressionism from overtaking the American heartland.

He was the vaccine and Rothko was the virus.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Id fall asleep everytime watching him. Hypnotizer.
View Quote

Yep... this ??
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#39]
i'm just here for the burger in @OverScoped 's avatar.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#40]
No but peapod was.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#41]
All I know is that Bob Ross will knock my ass out cold if he’s on the tv
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Absolutely
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#43]
He was actually Chuck Barris's handler.

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yes, he and Julia Child we're doing the nasty and we're transmitting radio signals via mating calls.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Indeed it is was. He would paint secret codes only a few people could read and start every operation with those words. He was working deep in the MKULTRA program. Certain ways he would turn his head or blink his eyes would let you know if you were the only one in on the operation. Largely ignored by the masses as just a painter. Perfect cover if I’ve ever seen one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Indeed it is was. He would paint secret codes only a few people could read and start every operation with those words. He was working deep in the MKULTRA program. Certain ways he would turn his head or blink his eyes would let you know if you were the only one in on the operation. Largely ignored by the masses as just a painter. Perfect cover if I’ve ever seen one.
View Quote

All those happy little trees marked the locations of happy little unmarked graves where many national problems were buried.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#49]
He was an A4 pilot. McCain want to take him out which caused the Forrestal fire. After that Top men made the decision to have him shot down over Hanoi. Only that was a cover story so McCain would back off.
His A4 was fitted with 10 external tanks so he could fly to Guam without refueling. He had to ditch the tanks before landing because Guam is top heavy and nothing can land there unless something takes off.
It's very precarious you know. Anyway from Guam he made his way on a steamboat to California just as the hippy scene was exploding. The painting is his way of forgetting it all. True story, the Doors wrote the song Peace Frog
as a tribute to Bob Ross.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#50]
His paintings were filled with messages as to where the bodies were buried. Usually near a lake or in the dunes.

The color Crimson Blue was code for a certain few.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top