BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the wasp spray won't reach, use a high pressure nozzle on your garden hose in the middle of the day, then RUN LIKE HELL.

If done right, there will be just a few wasps present, and it will shred the nest.
View Quote
Done this a few times over the years at my house. It works,I usually do it at night though and run like hell while giggling likes 12 year old
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That looks like a good way to get stung.

Former exterminator here. 100's of nests obliterated, haven't been stung once. Well...as a kid, but I stepped on the bugger, so I kinda deserved it.
If you've got a nest, wait until dusk or just after, when it starts to cool down. Most of the wasps/hornets will be home then, so you can eradicate them effectively. There'll probably be a few stragglers that'll come back, but if you work quickly you'll get most (if not all) of them.

Your local hardware store has a spray foam wasp killer. Buy one. One of them should do 2-4 nests, depending on the size.
First thing you do is spray the exit hole. The foam will expand and block their exit. Any wasps trying to leave the nest will get covered in the poison and drop to the ground, writhing in their final moments of tortured life.

Now, put the nozzle on. It's that little red straw like you find on a can of WD40. Jab the nest with it like you're giving it an injection. Which you are. An injection of death.
Start spraying, and slowly pull the nozzle out of the nest. This'll make sure that the foam expands into each section of the nest, killing everything inside.
Once the nozzle is free of the nest, take it off and use the wide spray to kill off any stragglers. Go have a beer and celebrate a job well done. When your beer is done, go back outside and look at the genocide you've committed. The corpses of your victims will be laying on the battlefield, and you will stand victorious. Unleash your victory roar now, standing above the ruined bodies of those who would have encroached on your domain. You are truly a magnificent beast of battle. You have become death. The destroyer of worlds.
View Quote
Give em hell, Dale.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Climb up to the nest at night grab it rip it off and place it under you foot as you jump off the later crushing it as you hit the ground.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
They build little nests in my panels at work.  I usually smash about 6 a month every summer with a crescent wrench.
 These are usually just small two wasp nests though.

For yours I would just spray it down with the garden hose.  
The wasps I run into aren't usually overly aggressive.  
Now if they are hornets I would be a lot more cautious.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You need a wasp wand. Those fuckers are all over near my place. I had one in the exact same spot. Works great and is a lot safer than a ladder.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055FSC3W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503618422&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=wasp+wand&dpPl=1&dpID=31DRRgWoY5L&ref=plSrch
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Knock it down with a tennis ball
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Be careful or you will ruin the honey.  

Suck them out with a vacuum. 

Mail vacuum bag to enemy.

Enjoy honey.
View Quote
bad advice never sounded so easy and good...LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
You can wither the nest down with the bottle traps, then it is up to you.  Wither the nest down with plastic bottles traps.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top