User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My first thought as well.

Selling some gas to Europe, is not the same as selling all of Europe's gas to them.
View Quote

We could open up ANWAR and truly develop it, every single time the government leases land it pulls the leases before anything can really be extracted.

Fracking isn't being used as much as it could be.  We could get a lot more out with Fracking.

Germany currently gets about 1/3rd of its natural gas from Russia. If Germany spun back up half of their reactors that are currently right now shut down and received Natural Gas from the USA they wouldn't need Russia.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The "biggest wall" isn't a wall at all, but more an ocean.

Not insurmountable, but infrastructure to move the volumes required to support a second, remote continent is not cheap, immediately available, nor insignificant in scope.
View Quote

Wut?  Oil tankers already exist -  they would just fill up here instead of deliver here.
I see your point on Natural Gas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
LoL

You are under the impression Europe wants to fix energy problems.
They are creating the problems on their own. Easily fixed on their own
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LoL

You are under the impression Europe wants to fix energy problems.
They are creating the problems on their own. Easily fixed on their own
View Quote

Right, Germany is dependent on Russian natural gas for 1/3rd of its energy needs, because Angela Merkel in 2011 decided that in the wake of Fukushima Nuclear Disaster to phase out Germany nuclear power plants.  Since 2011 Germany has shut down half of their nuclear reactors and they are on schedule to shut down the other half.  The Germans stated goal is to be 100% renewable energy by the 2040's.  The Germans know that there is going to be a gap in energy production so their plan was to fill that gap with natural gas, which is better for the environment than coal.  So, the Germans had planned to use natural gas increasingly as their primary source of energy until renewable were viable in the 2040s (if everything went to plan).  

I think the actions of Merkel were foolish.  She walked this world into this situation.  Instead of sanctioning and deterring Russia in 2014 with meaningful sanctions Merkel empowered Russia and all the sacrifice that German will face in the wake of these current sanctions can be blamed in large part on Merkel who while no longer in office continues to devastate her nation.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Short term maybe, but we also have a finite supply of energy and I wouldn't sell it to anybody if I cared for my grand children.
View Quote

No we don't. We're surrounded by energy. Cheap and plentiful.

We're just too fucking stupid to use it
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe, maybe not. I just saw some guy on Fox saying we have 100 years of gas left in the entire US. Not expert here, but imho, we should not be selling finite resources that we will need in future generations. Sell, lumber, food etc. that can be renewed but profiting short term to eventually cut off your nose to spite your face is bullshit. You can't prove there is a 1,000 years of anything that is going to last. America is so focused on dollars they can't think past there own self interests. Did your thousand years come from the John Kerry model?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea how ridicules that statement is, we have 1000 years of NG in North Dakota alone. We could never deplete all the NG the US has.
Maybe, maybe not. I just saw some guy on Fox saying we have 100 years of gas left in the entire US. Not expert here, but imho, we should not be selling finite resources that we will need in future generations. Sell, lumber, food etc. that can be renewed but profiting short term to eventually cut off your nose to spite your face is bullshit. You can't prove there is a 1,000 years of anything that is going to last. America is so focused on dollars they can't think past there own self interests. Did your thousand years come from the John Kerry model?

LooK HerE

This is just the PB
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top