BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking druggies, It doesn't surprise me. These idiots failed in life. All they know how to do is run around with other men playing and tossing balls around.
View Quote

And get paid tens of millions of dollars to do it.  If that's failure sign me up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cannabis is soma. Like alcohol.

Take your soma, citizens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the last year, I have been to NY, Atlanta, Seattle and last week was in DC. Stinky weed was everywhere in all 4 cities. Full disclosure, I've never smoked weed or done drugs. Ever. Been drunk in high school and college many times. Thrown up plenty too. Last time that I was passed out drunk was my bachelor party a little over 32 years ago. I'm no prude. Live and let live as long as it goes both ways.

Marijuana is EVERYWHERE. That genie is very much NOT going back into that bottle. It is part of what is destroying this country.

Marijuana is not what is destroying our country, it is making it tolerable to live in.  Boomer politicians are destroying our country.

Cannabis is soma. Like alcohol.

Take your soma, citizens.

More of GD trying to interpret brave new world while being completely oblivious to the fact that Huxley loved recreational drugs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What caught me off guard the most was how far the leagues have backed off on testing, or even caring about it.  You can use it in every off season just not on the job.  I wasn't aware of any test that differentiates from when you was high 5 minutes ago or last week.

We've gone from "it's going to fry your brain" to commonplace for some of the most elite in their professions using it, and winning.  Yet you still have prohibited states that will jam you up over it unless you're rich and famous.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Opium has a similar ease-of-production going for it, and it can lead to problems, obviously.  Though I think the War on Some Drugs has done infinitely more damage to our society than the effects of these plants' misuse.  

Enforcing our existing laws against violent acts and theft would go a long way towards ameliorating the ill effects from illicit drugs.  We're not doing that, either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.

I'm not saying anything pro or against weed, but you do realize that a whole lot of intoxicating substances come from plants?  Cocaine, heroin, LSD (a fungus but for our purposes a plant), salvia, etc.  I don't think the "it's a fucking plant" argument holds that much water here.

The difference as I see it is you need a lab and chemists for all the drugs you listed. Weed is just that, a weed.  Plant some seeds, up pops a plant.  Several months later it gets cut down and dried.  It's then ready for consumption.

How long has heroin and cocaine been around?  About 150 years. How long has weed been consumed? I think since cavemen learned to roll a joint.  How many people have died directly from consuming powdery stuff? A cubic shitload.  How many deaths directly from weed consumption? Zero.

Right or wrong, I think weed is here to stay.

Opium has a similar ease-of-production going for it, and it can lead to problems, obviously.  Though I think the War on Some Drugs has done infinitely more damage to our society than the effects of these plants' misuse.  

Enforcing our existing laws against violent acts and theft would go a long way towards ameliorating the ill effects from illicit drugs.  We're not doing that, either.

Crack is the drug that made the drug war famous and locked people up for very long times for small amounts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top