BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why do i need training to laugh at that link you posted? a glock has plenty of safeties, and 'glock leg' or 'glock cock' or 'glock femoral artery' has nothing to do with the pistol itself, more so a malfunction from a shitty holster, or from re holstering, or from the trigger getting stuck on something while re-holstering, which can happen with any gun.

if as many people carried M&P's or P320's as they did glocks, then maybe this could be called 'smith leg' or 'sig leg.' hell, ask tex grubner about '1911 leg.'
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, @Bennjammin.  Time to put up or shut up. Tell thet class about your experience carrying and training with the SCD. Be specific.
@John_Wayne777
why do i need training to laugh at that link you posted? a glock has plenty of safeties, and 'glock leg' or 'glock cock' or 'glock femoral artery' has nothing to do with the pistol itself, more so a malfunction from a shitty holster, or from re holstering, or from the trigger getting stuck on something while re-holstering, which can happen with any gun.

if as many people carried M&P's or P320's as they did glocks, then maybe this could be called 'smith leg' or 'sig leg.' hell, ask tex grubner about '1911 leg.'
The scd would have prevented the gun from going off if used and something got jammed in the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You would think(I would at least) that anytime the muzzle of your handgun is pointing at your dick you would use double dare extreme type caution.
However,since I consider carrying any handgun in any sort of IWB manner absolutely uncomfortable I won't be worrying about shooting off my dick or ass.
View Quote
My firearms instructor had a guy ventilate his holster and ass cheek using an OWB kydex holster worn at 4 o'clock during a drill.  Complacency like yours is when people do shoot themselves.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
how the fuck do you bend over like that?  What if you need to tie your shoe, or do most aiwb wear velcro or slip ons?
View Quote
Do you you really tie your shoes bending at the waist?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I use all kydex AIWB holsters and pay attention to what the fuck I'm doing when reholstering. It's not that... hard
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ah, fair enough. I practice drawing and dry fire with snap caps, but don't have the honor of drawing at the range. I think this means I need more training.
View Quote
I probably reholster a loaded gun a couple hundred times a weeks

You need to find a new range or a nice spot out in the woods.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a fact, shit happens.

When it does happen, I prefer it not to happen to my dick.

That's why I don't appendix carry.  Not to mention is uncomfortable AF for me.
View Quote
This.

No one is perfect, you ND into the side of your leg or your ass cheek it's a painful lesson but not really a big deal, junk or femoral artery is a different story.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's the best form of carry for being readily available, yet well concealed.  Concealment is a strong argument for carrying AIWB.  You are not doing it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For me it's a no-go.  It is uncomfortable and does not conceal at all.  Strong side hip only.
It's the best form of carry for being readily available, yet well concealed.  Concealment is a strong argument for carrying AIWB.  You are not doing it right.
Yes, I am.  It does not work with my body.

It's uncomfortable as fuck and only slightly faster.  For me, it sucks.

I'll do me, you do you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll be a dad in 6 months so am not offended but are these dad jeans?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0472-459492.JPG
View Quote
You are fucking ripped, dude!  Holy shit.

Good job!

What holster is that? I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I admit appendix carry gives me the willies sometimes. If im sitting its aimed right at my dick or the large part of my thigh. Bullet would either castrate me or destroy my leg if i didnt bleed out. Only problem hip carry i have to wear dumb big shirts that make me look poor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Marine with MARSOC was holstering his concealed carry pistol in the Philippines and shot himself in the dick.  Not seriously injured.

Will he ever live this down?
View Quote
Apparently like most Marines the loss of an inch or two doesn't really make much difference.

He now has a real good come on line with chicks, too.

We should all be so fortunate.

Me, I find it uncomfortable. Appendix carry is for those blessed with abs toned by lots of crunches. Mine are toned by lots of crunching food. Not so abbed. You have to have a lot of flat vertical real estate for a 4" slide to fit under a belt line plus holster and not contact the nether regions. Much less the angle of the dangle and it going off.

It's not a take it or leave it kind of thing, aside from all those folks shot in the thigh from their Glocks (shooter error predominantly.) If you can't get the gun to fit under the belt line and still sit down to drive a car or work, what good is it? For that matter, it's a poor place to carry unless you stand - which is how most cops operate, and why so many carry methods are for upright walking people.

Me, I find a shoulder holster pretty much does it all, on the beach, driving a car across country, whatever. We are not cops, we are not operating operationally, we are CCW, and concealed means concealed. So, stop chasing rabbits and wear 1) however it works for you, and 2) not like a cop unless it works for you. Cops are not the guiding light for carry. Professional on duty is not CCW. We don't run to the sound of shooting, we check our surroundings and then negotiate an exit, without a gun in our hand precisely to prevent being a target for those who are looking to shoot the first "man with a gun" they see.

Nonetheless, it still will not keep you from perforating your hips or buttocks if you tangle up your trigger holstering a Glock. Goes to concealed means concealed - what was that Marine doing with his gun out of his holster? Massad Ayoob once compared it to walking around commando unzipped.

Don't walk around commando unzipped in public and you won't get it caught in the elevator of life.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, so all long the Marines were just drawing TARGETS.

That'll get those Navy pilots out of the court martial they'll surely face.  "Well, Sir, we were just skywriting TARGETS for the Marines...."
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good job!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be a dad in 6 months so am not offended but are these dad jeans?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0472-459492.JPG

Good job!

thanks, feeling soft now that I'm not lobstering anymore

It's a jmcustom aiwb holster 2.0 with extra tuck.

I have the same holster for a 5" 1911 and one without the extra tuck for my g19. The extra tuck helps alot so I duct tape a piece of foam to my g19 holster to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I freely admit my ignorance here. I can and do carry daily, primarily AIWB and I just about never reholster a loaded firearm. I take the holster, with gun in it, off at night and put the whole thing back on the next morning. If I do have to take the gun out of the holster, I take the holster off my belt, the reholster the gun, then put the whole thing back on. Am I just being overly paranoid? Why are people reholstering so much? Serious question, I respect your posts and knowledge.
View Quote
If you have the time to do this, I agree it is safer.

That being said, being able to re-hoslter a loaded firearm is a 100% necessary skill.

Here's my suggestion for you.  Get a snap cap.  Put it in the chamber.  Empty mag (or filled with snap caps).  (quadruple check everything just for safety, because I like my dick).

Practice drawing and reholstering.  It's cheaper than doing it at the range, and you can dry fire it after you draw to get the finger muscle memory right as you bring the pistol up to target.

I'm sure you use kydex, but if you don't.....use kydex.  LOOK at your holster as you re-holster to observe obstructions.  Then let go of the idea that you need to put it away like you are making a statement.  Just put it back in.

Then put an obstruction, like a hoodie string, rock, or something else in the holster and get used to the feeling of things being not right.  (again, with a 100% safed gun......if you want to go all the way, take the barrel out).

But being able to reholster confidently with a loaded pistol is a totally necessary skill.  Holsters are not just for concealment.  They are there to hold your gun so you can have 2 free hands as well.  If you use a Glock, get a SCD.  It is a very good idea for anyone who uses a Glock as it solves really the only issue I have with Glock.

But FWIW, I've been carrying Glock only since I started carrying for personal reasons.  I've never had a problem with them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jesus titty-fucking Christ, fellas...do a significant number of you really think people who carry AIWB go through life posed like a fucking gingerbread man, unable to sit or bend at the fucking waist?
View Quote
I am overweight and I am able to manage. We must have some seriously fat people here if they can’t do it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am overweight and I am able to manage. We must have some seriously fat people here if they can't do it.
View Quote
I dunno, due to morphological differences between people playing a part in where they select to carry......but of all the places I've tried to CCW, AIWB is by far....the most comfortable.

I've tried everywhere else.  Used to do the 3-4 o'clock thing but it screwed up my belt balance on my hips and screwed up the position of my fixed blade.

Not everyone is going to agree, but for those of us who it works for.....it's great.  I do have a long torso though, and I think having a longer torso and less belly fat is key to AIWB being comfortable.

I don't find it hard to sit or bend at the waist....and in fact, it's easier to do because before, I couldn't bend at the waist because it would print my gun like a mofo.  AIWB when you bend, sure, you get a little digging into you by the rear of the slide/beavertail.....but it's not sticking out like a sore thumb because your clothes are now tight around it.

I even carry AIWB when I go hiking for miles.  Seriously.  It was odd at first but once I figured out positioning and holster selection......its tits and I won't carry any other way unless I'm OCing (which I carry at 3 when I do, so I have more positive control should someone try to grab it.....which I use a safariland level 3 retention holster when I OC).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, that would make my "100 draw and fire" drills a real pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't try to reholster in a hurry. Remove holster, insert pistol, reinstall holster and pistol together. Why is that so hard?
Well, that would make my "100 draw and fire" drills a real pain.
So?

Proper training has a cost to it. In this case the cost is time & deliberation. Either pay the cost or enjoy your ballistic bris.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s some HOTD shit right there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’m not saying that I’m hung like a mule but how in the fuck do you sit down comfortably with a holster pressed up against you junk?

I tried it once.

No way could I carry like that.
View Quote
You’re doing it wrong.

Cock/balls hang center  —-   Gun in the middle   —-   Right thigh
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top