Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 1/10/2019 11:18:30 PM EDT
I'm sure we've talked about it before.  Oh well.  But here's a video of small town cops lying in wait and ambushing a couple kids on a RZR.

Well unfortunately seems like a police car was no match for a polaris rzr.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, they got away again!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang, they got away again!
View Quote
Fourth time today?  haha
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Or why it isn't a good idea to buy old patrol cars....
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Note to self, when the Po-Po is after your ass, don't play in his playground, hit the dirt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Bumper bars, should have used them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
This is sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or why it isn't a good idea to buy old patrol cars....
View Quote
Why not?  That one for instance has probably $3000.00 in brand new suspension, $1200.00 in new tires and another $800.00 in new wheels!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Chasing a couple helmetless kids on and off road and in a vehicle not equipped with airbags.  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that PA because it sure reminds me of PA. Off to check the description...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Note to self, when the Po-Po is after your ass, don't play in his playground, hit the dirt.
View Quote
That's something all riders know at a young age.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
View Quote
Same.

Was rooting for the kids the entire time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, maybe he'll catch them Duke boys next time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Video is from Dec 29th, 2017.........
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
THIS

They had a roll cage.  He should have PITTED them big time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Must be small town South Dakota LE.  No real crime to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Would have been better if the kids could have doubled back and stolen the cop car.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

THIS

View Quote
Briliant.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Same.

View Quote
I had a friend lead cops on a chase for speeding in an IROC.  Blew them away then had to slow down to crawl over RR tracks and they caught up.  Then he blew them away and they could nit catch him.  Obviously, they had his plates.  The officer ended up calling him and thanking him for the fun.  Different times.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
In B4 the "fuck those kids" crowd.

The ones who gonna say they would still be alive if they had just listened to the police commands...

EDIT: Too late...see 5 posts above me. The morons have arrived...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Briliant.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Briliant.  
Well shouldn't someone die over joy ridding through a field?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know the whole story here... did they just commit armed robbery or perhaps kill someone?  By all means give chase.  Otherwise the cop is an idiot going after people not causing any harm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe they saw the video of the cop doing that to the motorcycle rider than had stopped?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked like he was thinking about it at one point but decided not to.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
All of that for some joy riding?  Thought this was America..
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Well played.

Better luck next time Cletus.

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
But GD wants blood
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't think a cop car could go half those places. Cop was doing pretty well until that log.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Would have been better if the kids could have doubled back and stolen the cop car.
View Quote
Now that would've been legendary!    
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aint it the truth...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there more to the story? Like the kids nearly running people off the road or something?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#35]
lol, I can't believe that idiot drove into the woods and then got out and tried to chase them on foot. Respect my authoritah!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is there more to the story? Like the kids nearly running people off the road or something?
View Quote
Kathy saw Lindas daughter out with that no good kid Trevor so she called the police.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Cop should have followed them with lights off then lit them up when they got home.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same when a group of teenagers with decently built 4x4 trucks get chased by the cops on trails that said teenagers know every square inch of.
Said trails were city owned vacant property slated to be sold off for development, we umm, those kids were not tearing up private property nor damaging anything. Trails had been in place (and use) since the 1960s.
There were exits from the trails into 3 different towns, each in different jurisdictions.

Even the "offroad patrol" (dodge 4x4 with old street tires on it) was no match for us those kids.

Eventually they caught us (after a solid year or two of trying). They snuck up on us having a bonfire out there one night.
Everybody was casual about it. Still caught a trespassing cite but they made us pour our beers out, put the fire out and leave.

They knew damn well it was us the delinquents they had chased on an almost weekly basis for months. They even joked with us about it.
"Say, is that your truck over there? It looks like one we have chased around here for a long time"
"Nope, must have been some other kids, I don't come out there, that would be against the law"
"Uh huh... Well whoever it is sure knows how to drive and knows their way around here".

But tearing up a $40,000 cop car and risking those kid's lives over what? Some VC violations, maybe tresspassing?
That is just stupid IMO. Unless the UTV was stolen, they had knocked over a liquor store or they were known dirtbags.
All risk, no reward.

I wonder if the kids got away clean?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Ftp
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, kill joyriding kids!

Oh yeah, am I in before TBK1?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
A good chunk of GD wishes you got run the fuck over by the cops. Because you surely must have deserved to! Fucking rotten kids!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm sure we've talked about it before.  Oh well.  But here's a video of small town cops lying in wait and ambushing a couple kids on a RZR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dypivSnPYuU
View Quote
Textbook small town LEO heroing right thar...cop's uncle probably owns the local cop car supplying dealership too
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
My hubby used to do that too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Reminds me of my younger years.  

Most of the cops in the small town I was in knew well who they were chasing.  I have had them pull me aside a day or two later and give me the "you don't think I know that was you?  You had better hope I don't catch you!" speech.

Until a newb deputy rammed my buddy on his Honda 250R,  How my buddy kept that thing upright and kept going I will never know. It was just a night of goofing around and he ran from the rookie and took him through an alley and doubled back on the street,  The deputy hit him square broadside with a solid bump sliding that 250 sideways and up on two wheels at probably 60 MPH.  He righted it and kept going,  I errm,  went the other way outta town and met up with my buddy later.

Upon speaking with a friend who was also a deputy during a drinking session,  I learned the other deputies were none too nice to rookie about that.

Our kids will never experience that nowadays.  Everything is so damn serious now.

I was rooting for the kids in that video.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Cop should have sent int the burners to clear the woods.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same.

Hell yeah.  I had a TRX450R and my cousin had a YFZ

Sherrif got after us on the highway one night so we turned down the gravel road that went to the cotton gin.   Jumped over the tracks and hit the rows of a cotton field before they planted, 90 degrees to the rows.   We were running about 60 across the field, sheriff was lost long before he made it to the other side.

Good times!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#47]
That was funny. The kids were toying with him because they could have hit the woods at any time. My old RZR 800 could break 55 MPH, not sure how fast the newer 1000's go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Funny thing, leaving the car 100% out of the equation and just listening to where they went and parked probably would have worked better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Not sure why they were willing to kill those kids but I thought they kept up quite well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#50]
from that videos perspective it makes that RZR seem rather slow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top