Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
before you make fun stop everything and go watch this documentary. its called ''Is Genesis History? - Watch the Full Film''  found it on youtube

Premiered Mar 26, 2020

scientists cover all aspects you have in mind in this documentary and follow up series.  proof dinos and global pre flood world was vastly different than we once thought. my quick opinion its not like public schools teach or jurassic park hollywood films.

for instance the oxygen in atmosphere had to have been many times what it is post flood for a pterosaur to fly and sauropods to breathe thru pin hole sized nostrils that much is confirmed. the bible says it hadnt ever rained until the day GOD shut the door to the ark. basically there was enormous amounts of liquified droplets and oxygen in the air like being near a waterfall if you can imagine. kind of interesting.

these creatures did exist and yes the bible says they were created along side man. keep in mind they were not created as you see them in the fossil record. 2 reasons for that. one is that GOD created them and everything else and it was perfect and good. and 2 the bible describes the fall of man when sin entered into the world and murder entered into the world thats when thorns and flesh eating creatures entered into the world. it was like a default mechanism built into the animals for when man sinned and murdered.

the research area of religion your looking at is called genisis apologetics or simply ''apologetics''. apologetics has little to do with true Chritianity as GOD states that without faith its impossible to please him.

also we have our own free will to believe or disbelieve for instance if you believe the bible at all GOD sends a strong delusion to those who would not believe. i hope i didnt misqoute anything. ill come back and spend more time on this maybe. i could talk all day for a week about this in person as ive studied it way too much.
View Quote

Holy fuck, dude.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This being GD it’s hard to tell if this is satire or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prior to the fall there was no death with human or animals.  Men and animals lived at least a thousand years.  Reptiles never stop growing.  Dinosaurs are reptiles.

Actually, this being GD, he is definitely serious…
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Holy fuck, dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
before you make fun stop everything and go watch this documentary. its called ''Is Genesis History? - Watch the Full Film''  found it on youtube

Premiered Mar 26, 2020

scientists cover all aspects you have in mind in this documentary and follow up series.  proof dinos and global pre flood world was vastly different than we once thought. my quick opinion its not like public schools teach or jurassic park hollywood films.

for instance the oxygen in atmosphere had to have been many times what it is post flood for a pterosaur to fly and sauropods to breathe thru pin hole sized nostrils that much is confirmed. the bible says it hadnt ever rained until the day GOD shut the door to the ark. basically there was enormous amounts of liquified droplets and oxygen in the air like being near a waterfall if you can imagine. kind of interesting.

these creatures did exist and yes the bible says they were created along side man. keep in mind they were not created as you see them in the fossil record. 2 reasons for that. one is that GOD created them and everything else and it was perfect and good. and 2 the bible describes the fall of man when sin entered into the world and murder entered into the world thats when thorns and flesh eating creatures entered into the world. it was like a default mechanism built into the animals for when man sinned and murdered.

the research area of religion your looking at is called genisis apologetics or simply ''apologetics''. apologetics has little to do with true Chritianity as GOD states that without faith its impossible to please him.

also we have our own free will to believe or disbelieve for instance if you believe the bible at all GOD sends a strong delusion to those who would not believe. i hope i didnt misqoute anything. ill come back and spend more time on this maybe. i could talk all day for a week about this in person as ive studied it way too much.

Holy fuck, dude.

For a guy who doesn’t want to be shamed for intensely personal beliefs, your first instincts are telling. Very tedious Mr. 45. Very tedious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
First off, I believe someone should clarify due to factors, exactly what category dinos would fit in as it has to do with the order of creation as it occurred.

Sharks, as we know them are estimated to be 200,000,000 years old give or take.

So are Crocodilians.

Were dinosaurs around then?
Science says yes. The scientific method says yes.

I don't see what the problem is.

Is the earth 4.5 billion years old like has been purported to be?
I don't think so.

Is it more than 5,400 years old give or take like some Christians believe? I think that it is.

Evolution is a thing. Science says yes and I say yes.

I am a Christian as well.
I have no reason to hide anything.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes. It's why people became so good at making saddles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure. Batman killed them all on the ark for humping Mrs Noah. That's why there's a dead stuffed one in the batcave.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sure. Batman killed them all on the ark for humping Mrs Noah. That's why there's a dead stuffed one in the batcave.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For a guy who doesn’t want to be shamed for intensely personal beliefs, your first instincts are telling. Very tedious Mr. 45. Very tedious.
View Quote

There’s personal beliefs and then there’s, “waterfalls of liquid oxygen droplets in the atmosphere” kind of beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s personal beliefs and then there’s, “waterfalls of liquid oxygen droplets in the atmosphere” kind of beliefs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes. Your special. I understand. Tedious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very serious, Genesis the first book of the Bible.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait a minute. I want to find out if what he's saying is gospel or not.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wait a minute. I what to find out if what he's saying is gospel or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda doubt he considers anything but his opinions sacred. You must bow and beg and all of that erudite kaka.

It’s the current year. We live in a society.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I kinda doubt he considers anything but his opinions are sacred.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, a Supreme Being doesn't sit well with him? You know, One that doesn't ask permission before He acts or anything? His chances of this being absolutely correct is almost 87 percent currently. The # goes up every day now. I think in the midst if this, "society" right now He is being quite patient indeed. Quite patient. Yet, He will act in His own timing and in His own way. Then everyone will know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So, a Supreme Being doesn't sit well with him? You know, One that doesn't ask permission before He acts? His chances of this being absolutely correct is almost 87 percent currently. The # goes up every day now. I think in the mist if this, "society" right now He is being quite patient indeed. Quite patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, a Supreme Being doesn't sit well with him? You know, One that doesn't ask permission before He acts? His chances of this being absolutely correct is almost 87 percent currently. The # goes up every day now. I think in the mist if this, "society" right now He is being quite patient indeed. Quite patient.

I don’t have an opinion. I just want to grill for heavens sakes!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Everything in creation testifies about God’s creation.  We recognize complex ordered patterns as having to have been produced by intelligence, but when we look at the bigger picture of the universe or biology and see an infinite layering of complex processes we deny that an intelligent creator could have been behind it.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/biggerSafeSpace-5.jpg

Dinosaurs, Seraphim, liquid atmospheres, vacuums? I just want to grill for heavens sakes!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:09:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

*You're
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:11:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

*You're
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*You're

Thank you Mr. M48flex.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:13:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everything in creation testifies about God’s creation.  We recognize complex ordered patterns as having to have been produced by intelligence, but when we look at the bigger picture of the universe or biology and see an infinite layering of complex processes we deny that an intelligent creator could have been behind it.  
View Quote

Ok. Show me domesticated house at fossils from the same time period as dinosaurs.

Look. Divine intervention isn't impossible, but the story presented in the Bible is so ludacris that can't possibly mean to use it as a factual source.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:19:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok. Show me domesticated house at fossils from the same time period as dinosaurs.

Look. Divine intervention isn't impossible, but the story presented in the Bible is so ludacris that can't possibly mean to use it as a factual source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree by the way. I think that all religions are creation mythology. But then I think pop scientism is creation mythology quackery too.

But the story is that the world was inhabited by fallen angels before it was remade in Genesis. Humans replenished it. FWIW

Then humans and most other life was genetically tainted by fallen angels, and the earth was purged again.

My point is that if you are a purist Christian that follows the word exactly there’s an easier way to fit dinosaurs into the mix using the Bible.

I don’t know if Jesus existed but he gave some really good advice. Love your neighbors. Keep your rifle by your side.  Be prepared to head for the hills. The government is always trying to kill you. Don’t trust money lenders or the law. Some people are possessed by demons, temptation is to be avoided. Etc etc.

If you believe that I don’t care what you think dinosaurs are. We can be friends. I don’t care if you think my personal vices will get me sent to a lake of fire. You might be right. I just want to grill.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#22]
No.   I am at a loss to explain how creation happened.   We have tons of good theories.   And we have a Bible that is or isn't at odds with those theories depending on who is reading it and why.  

In a world where everyone has to be an expert, i just don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 2:53:17 AM EDT
[#23]
To this day.  

They chirp and shit on people’s cars...
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
To this day.  

They chirp and shit on people’s cars...
View Quote

Pigeons are liars.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#25]
They still exist.  Just not as many of them.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Snip
View Quote

No, just no.

There is literally no way the dinosaurs lived with current homo-sapiens. Any attempt to fit billions of years of life and evolution into literal 6000 years, as well as the flood narrative, is just pure fantasy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Behemoth described in: Job 40:15-24

The Leviathan described in: Job 41:1-2,7,12-32

View Quote

Those are speaking of Satan.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Premiered Mar 26, 2020

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:33:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The story about the Nephilim also includes animals.  These grotesque animals might have been the product of unlawful carnal knowledge from fallen angels (Book of Enoch).  The flood was used to cleanse the earth of this evil.
View Quote

The scripture does mention Satyrs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#31]
The Bible never mentions how old the earth is.

If you look at the first two verses of Genesis, in the original Hebrew, God created a perfect world in verse one. Verse two, the earth became void. A cataclysm happened around 12,000 years ago. It is a several hour study, but it can be documented.  Science even documents this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#32]
We homeschool our kids with a Christian-based curriculum.

When it comes to stories about creation or the flood, we took that opportunity to explain the difference between literal and figurative meaning in the Bible.  

My 9 year old was skeptical about Adam and Eve right out of the gate.  

“daddy, if Adam and Eve were the first people, they had babies right?  Who did their babies have kids with?”

I like that we’re raising kids with faith but who are also critical thinkers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Dinosaurs were long before man, well maybe Keith Richards was around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The story about the Nephilim also includes animals.  These grotesque animals might have been the product of unlawful carnal knowledge from fallen angels (Book of Enoch).  The flood was used to cleanse the earth of this evil.

Prototypes don't go into mass production right away,  correct?.
Was Noah the final concept( per enoch)

Enoch was a good read....gets the brain juices flowing.
His journey with the angles through time/space and how everything is judged is very cool.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm reading articles discussing the possibility that dinosaurs were aboard the ark and died later due to climate change. The other animals not a board the ark perished in the flood of course. Given there's at least some scientific evidence of a world wide flood, what are the odds that man coexisted alongside dinosaurs instead of coming much later? How would that even have worked? Discuss if you like and provide as much or little evidence that you have to bolster your argument. Or just shit post I guess. I'm trying to wrap my mind around these concepts and theories after a couple of beers.

View Quote

Because FUCKIN' MAGNETS, that's why.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Birds are literal dinosaurs. So, if you really want to stretch it yes?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel dumber reading this far.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#38]
"discussing the possibility that dinosaurs were aboard the ark and died later due to climate change."

I think I had a stroke....
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Hank Williams Jr - Dinosaur
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Premiered Mar 26, 2020

View Quote

Interesting. Thanks for your post and I appreciate you taking the time to type it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm reading articles discussing the possibility that dinosaurs were aboard the ark and died later due to climate change. The other animals not a board the ark perished in the flood of course. Given there's at least some scientific evidence of a world wide flood, what are the odds that man coexisted alongside dinosaurs instead of coming much later? How would that even have worked? Discuss if you like and provide as much or little evidence that you have to bolster your argument. Or just shit post I guess. I'm trying to wrap my mind around these concepts and theories after a couple of beers.

Biblically based theory on dinosaurs
View Quote

That's an interesting angle targeted at biblical fundamentalists...

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Nothing in the Bible, nothing, says how many times God has drawn on this chalkboard we call a planet and erased it
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#43]
lol, any time you see a thread with both 'Dinosaurs' and the 'Bible' in the topic, you know it's gonna be entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's an interesting angle targeted at biblical fundamentalists...

View Quote

That's literally the theory propagated by biblical scholars. I didn't add any personal opinion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#45]
No. Dinosaur were pre man.  Don't get hung up on time lines, years, days etc. in the Bible. God will reveal all to you later. Enjoy a Christian Life of low worry and stress.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literally. It’s a book of stories, the vast majority are either fiction or the truth has long since been lost in translation. It to help guide you on making good life decisions.

It doesn’t mean there was literally a flood and that there were 2 of each animal to repopulate the world. All animals would be inbred as fuck if this were true. Not to mention there is not realistic way the planet could entirely be covered in water.

I like to focus on science and use religion and faith where science is lacking like how and why the Big Bang happened. Bigger picture stuff like why does the universe exist in the first place
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We homeschool our kids with a Christian-based curriculum.

When it comes to stories about creation or the flood, we took that opportunity to explain the difference between literal and figurative meaning in the Bible.  

My 9 year old was skeptical about Adam and Eve right out of the gate.  

“daddy, if Adam and Eve were the first people, they had babies right?  Who did their babies have kids with?”

I like that we’re raising kids with faith but who are also critical thinkers.
View Quote

Wouldn't the answer to that be the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve had children together?

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Jurassic Park was a documentary?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Bible never mentions how old the earth is.

If you look at the first two verses of Genesis, in the original Hebrew, God created a perfect world in verse one. Verse two, the earth became void. A cataclysm happened around 12,000 years ago. It is a several hour study, but it can be documented.  Science even documents this.
View Quote

This. Add to that the two creation stories. Genesis 1 and Genesis 3. Different events, the one in chapter 3 being our own little iteration of planet earth. Also, contrast creation with evolution. What, same picture? The animals came first, then man? Study the book. They didn't go into detail about what happened previous because it's not relevant. The earth, the solar system, everything was different the first time around.

Concerning yourself with what happened before about 5000 years ago is a collasal waste of energy. None of it would be relevant to our existence. And if a day to God is 1000 years to us, then 12000-7000= you guessed it, 5000 years. That's pretty much the extent of our known history. Our oldest recorded literature. Our most accruate scientific calculations. Older than that, and things get sketchy, and people disagree. The people who were here before us are not here anymore. The world that was here no longer exists. So, take a deep breath and live your best life.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top