Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2017 7:17:54 PM EDT
I have a in law that is in prison there. She was in prison near Knoxville for a few years. I don't know when they moved her.

The way it should be sounded, it was a cakewalk at the prison near Knoxville. But if I had to guess, a prison near Memphis would be very diverse, and and hell for whitie.

Does anyone work there or know someone in prison there? I'm not close to them and it's a nine hour drive to visit. Im mostly just curious.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It's got to be just like Orange is the New Black, right?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Never watched it.. Is it any good?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
in for details
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the reviews aren’t awful...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's anything like the women's block in the county facility I worked in, fucking gross
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It is GD OP, you know they will be asking for pics. Any hot woman's prison pics will get you off the hook.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard it has sugar walls...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is GD OP, you know they will be asking for pics. Any hot woman's prison pics will get you off the hook.
View Quote
I'll spare people the pics. She's gone way down hill. Meth will do that to ya.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Warm and a bit clamy last time I was on the inside.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
It smells like rotting fish
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's not typically how state prisons work. They're usually classified by security levels and such without regard to where the inmates are from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a in law that is in prison there. She was in prison near Knoxville for a few years. I don't know when they moved her.

The way it should be sounded, it was a cakewalk at the prison near Knoxville. But if I had to guess, a prison near Memphis would be very diverse, and and hell for whitie.

Does anyone work there or know someone in prison there? I'm not close to them and it's a nine hour drive to visit. Im mostly just curious.

That's not typically how state prisons work. They're usually classified by security levels and such without regard to where the inmates are from.
I meant it's probably hell going from a mostly white prison to a mostly black prison. Hell for a white person anyway.

Also  Memphis has a higher murder rate than Chicago. The general population at each prison is probably a lot different.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
It's like warm apple pie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
West Tennessee probably means a LOT of Memphis black women.

MEAN ASSED MEMPHIS BLACK WOMEN.

You know why black guys like going to prison?  TO GET AWAY FROM BLACK WOMEN.

Seriously.

ETA: right by Fort Pillow?  I did not know that.  Fort Pillow is haunted as shit.  Creepy as hell in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Ever walk by a fish market in the dead of a southern August while overweight fsh are wearing jumpsuits and chains.... If not then imagine that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If it's anything like the women's block in the county facility I worked in, fucking gross
View Quote
Story time!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Seriously.

ETA: right by Fort Pillow?  I did not know that.  Fort Pillow is haunted as shit.  Creepy as hell in the middle of the night.
View Quote
Beat a bitch with a bitch!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seriously.

View Quote
Yes I think that's the one, in Henning.

It looks like they split a all men's prison into a men's and a women's prison. About a year ago.

It was a men max. Sec and a gen. Pop. Prison. Now it's a men's max sec and a women's prison.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It looks like they split a all men's prison into a men's and a women's prison. About a year ago.

It was a men max. Sec and a gen. Pop. Prison. Now it's a men's max sec and a women's prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

Yeah, that's like the middle of nowhere.

Where you turn off 51 to go to Ft Pillow, there is a traffic light with NOTHING around there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#20]
It is all pink on the inside.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
It's pretty much all the worst parts of the bible combined; no seriously, it's just like that. Ask anybody in corrections what it's like inside a woman's prison and they'll either go all thousand yard stare and shit or they'll curl up into the fetal position and cry. You can always tell someone who works inside of one because they have a faint hint of cheap bourbon and lifeless eyes. And before you ask I'm being serious.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe it's coming back around on her. She's done everyone she's ever known wrong. Pretty much the worst person I know.

There's a lot of mental problems also. She can't say a sentence without a lie in it. It's so bad I think it's possible she believes the shit she says. She even told people she had cancer to get out of a bill once.

She's been in Prison about 5 years now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Smells like tuna.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Fishy
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe it's coming back around on her. She's done everyone she's ever known wrong. Pretty much the worst person I know.

There's a lot of mental problems also. She can't say a sentence without a lie in it. It's so bad I think it's possible she believes the shit she says. She even told people she had cancer to get out of a bill once.

View Quote
Who in your family married her and why?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#26]
OPs name + thread title

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife's sister. They are complete opposites in every way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#28]
“Didn’t get shanked, 4 stars”
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#29]
OP has never been to Western Heights in Knoxville
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I know a guy who did some maintenance work at that facility.

He said that they pretty much cat-called him all day long about what they'd do to him and the women accidentally took their clothes off on a regular basis.

...and yes it was the Memphis demographic along with some meth ratchets from the surrounding area.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's pretty much all the worst parts of the bible combined; no seriously, it's just like that. Ask anybody in corrections what it's like inside a woman's prison and they'll either go all thousand yard stare and shit or they'll curl up into the fetal position and cry. You can always tell someone who works inside of one because they have a faint hint of cheap bourbon and lifeless eyes. And before you ask I'm being serious.
View Quote
Almost makes it not worth working there!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did you work there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#33]
If your in-law was sent to West High from out East, sorry man but they fucked up.  If they bypasssed the Womens prison in Nashville, the seriously fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If your in-law was sent to West High from out East, sorry man but they fucked up.  If they bypasssed the Womens prison in Nashville, the seriously fucked up.
View Quote
I think she spent some time in Nashville also. That's where I thought she was all along.  She was sentenced to 8 years, and has been denied parole a few times I think.

She's not capable of behaving or telling the truth. She's so screwed up, she would lie to a judge no matter what evidence they show her.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I have watched many internet documentaries about what life is like inside womens' prisons. It always looks like a pretty fun time to me, especially for the few male guards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have watched many internet documentaries about what life is like inside womens' prisons. It always looks like a pretty fun time to me, especially for the few male guards.
View Quote
That's what I have seen also. They sit around and gossip and braid their hair and shit. When she first went in several years ago I heard it wasn't that bad. Now I've heard her mom saying she's having a harder time.

Then again she lies so bad you don't know. She also told her mom she was bit on the face by a brown recluse, and now she has to have surgery to remove a iud

With her personality, I'd imagine a mostly black prison would be pretty rough on her.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I would've imagined that the inside of any prison, men's or women's, would show a lot of rich diversity. Is there really such a thing as a mostly white women's prison?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would've imagined that the inside of any prison, men's or women's, would show a lot of rich diversity. Is there really such a thing as a mostly white women's prison?
View Quote
It probably is, I'm just going on the reputation of Memphis. It has a higher murder rate than Chicago.

Memphis is #6 on the list of cities with the highest black population at 63%.

Not trying to sound racist with this thread, but in a prison setting I wouldn't think that different  races get along or mix very well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm just confused as to why you keep bringing up "mostly black" and "mostly white" in relation to the locations of the prison. While I suppose that it is possible, I've never heard of a prison system that simply transports every inmate to the prison that's closest to their hometown. The prison's proximity to Memphis likely has no bearing on its racial makeup. I don't think I've ever heard of a southern prison with a mostly white population either.
View Quote
I may be looking into it too much. I'm mainly going on the documentaries I've seen. In men's prisons they all seem to separate by race into different gangs. I don't know if she's a problem prisoner or what, but why would they move her from East Tennessee close to NC, all the way to Memphis.

And I'm sure prison location would have a lot to do with the ethnic population of the prisoners. I would assume a prison in southern Arizona would have a large Latino population.

I'd bet money that I'm not wrong.

Here's some stats.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/profiles/TN.html

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/rates.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably more like Wentworth
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Well...if it's "West Tennesee State Prison"...Yeah, not looking very integrated.

(2010 data)
Sorry, this is as low as the resolution will go.

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well...if it's "West Tennesee State Prison"...Yeah, not looking very integrated.

(2010 data)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166803/West_Tennesee_State_Prison_JPG-345297.jpg
View Quote
i see a few specks of blue in there
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd take a max security dorm unit of 1000 males over a unit of 10 low security females ALL DAY LONG.  I don't know how people work in all women's prisons, but I've worked women housing units in the BOP.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Seriously.

View Quote
The Captain is spot on
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She might have been moved for causing problems, being threatened, or due to positive or negqtive changes in her security classification.
View Quote
One of these reasons is why inmates are "rode out".  One additional reason, medical reasons.  Sometimes they are moved closer to a treatment facility or if your state has such, a prison system "hospital".

Geography or proximity to the inmate's "home" has little or nothing to do with where they are housed.

OP since you describe her as a fucking loon, it's likely she was moved because she caused too much trouble for staff or other inmates.

Please tell me you and your wife do not send her any money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
One of these reasons is why inmates are "rode out".  One additional reason, medical reasons.  Sometimes they are moved closer to a treatment facility or if your state has such, a prison system "hospital".

Geography or proximity to the inmate's "home" has little or nothing to do with where they are housed.

OP since you describe her as a fucking loon, it's likely she was moved because she caused too much trouble for staff or other inmates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She might have been moved for causing problems, being threatened, or due to positive or negqtive changes in her security classification.

No money from us. She's ripped off everyone she knows. Her mother sends some every now and then. But that's where she got her craziness from. She's just a worse version of her mother. My wife takes after her father.

It's weird how two people from the same mother and father can be on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Totally. My wife has never got along with her even in childhood.

I think she has hepatitis now, and had hpv from a long time ago. But you can't be sure. I'd have to lay eyes on the medical records before I'd believe her.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

(2010 data)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166803/West_Tennesee_State_Prison_JPG-345297.jpg
View Quote
That's what I was looking for, how did you find that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Check the Yelp reviews.

They’re always right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top