Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And that proves that you don't know jack shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The aid has been vital to keeping Ukraine afloat. I’m all for it.

You know they will accept personal donations, right?   What’s stopping you ?

He actually just got a shipping address from me last week to send gear this way. So ...

The amount of support from members here has been great. They don't have anything to prove to you orc lovers so they aren't advertising that they do help.

If I remember right you are not an American and as such probably have less reason to care about this nation.

Are you an American? If so are you like most of the fervent Ukrainian supporters here and have familial connection to Ukraine and or a former Soviet oppressed state.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy to be in the less than 20% of GD polls again.

Disagreeing with the majority of you assholes is a badge of honor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck Ukraine.
View Quote

+1 let it burn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you an American? If so are you like most of the fervent Ukrainian supporters here and have familial connection to Ukraine and or a former Soviet oppressed state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He actually just got a shipping address from me last week to send gear this way. So ...

The amount of support from members here has been great. They don't have anything to prove to you orc lovers so they aren't advertising that they do help.

If I remember right you are not an American and as such probably have less reason to care about this nation.

I just want to state for the record, I am not a ferverent Ukraine supporter.

I am gladly sitting on the side lines cheering every single Russian POS, getting shot down by Stingers or blown up by Javelins and LAWs.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doing a lot of fighting, are ya?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When you are 32 plus trillion dollars in debt and anything you send is on the credit card, it does not mater if it is 1 percent ofr50 percent, any percent is too much.  

View Quote

Maybe we should cut "build back better" and all they green energy shit instead of the one thing the feds are doing that is actually their constitutional remit and actually getting results
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's an ex military American that's actually right now in Ukraine enlisted in their military and deployed. He's posting from Ukraine.

You know how you guys always shitpost about how people who support Ukraine should go and fight? He did.

You might want to show some respect
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
winning the war isn't profitable.
View Quote
Yep, a lot of people still haven't figured out the grift yet.  We're going to give Ukraine just enough aid to keep them from collapsing, but not enough to actually win the war.

The only two problems with this plan is 1) the Ukrainians might collapse on their own, and 2) the 2024 elections are coming and Joe Biden needs to get this resolved before then.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Russia is a old sick dog. China on the other hand is a pit bull with mental issues that wants a bigger yard and they don't want to share it with russia or any other country. China is laughing all the way to the bank with every penny we spend and every mil item we hand over to them.

It's Europe's problem. PERIOD, and they really don't give a shit about russia either other then wanting their gas.
View Quote

It's actually our problem. That "sick old dog" is doing us significant harm. What do you think Wagner is doing in Africa and the Middle East?

Maybe it's time to put the sick old dog down
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's an ex military American that's actually right now in Ukraine enlisted in their military and deployed. He's posting from Ukraine.

You know how you guys always shitpost about how people who support Ukraine should go and fight? He did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respect for those who put another nation interest ahead of their very own nation?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

FSB has done a man's job here. Some of these people have been so effectively turned they think the CIA and the United States is the problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Respect for those who put another nation interest ahead of their very own nation?
View Quote

Our interests and Ukraine's are aligned here. There are a bunch of people here, however, who seem outright seditious.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The plan was never to help Ukraine win, it was to help them not lose. Drag it out until Russia decides to take their ball and go home.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

FSB has done a man's job here. Some of these people have been so effectively turned they think the CIA and the United States is the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep saying that, but I suspect you are in fact here to gas light people in order to build hostility for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Our interests and Ukraine's are aligned here. There are a bunch of people here, however, who seem outright seditious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people who believe that fall into three categories
1 Progressives
2 Ukrainian Americans and people of former Eastern block nations oppressed by Soviets
3 Cold warriors who cannot update their firmware.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t really care if we send them aid, as long as we get something tangible in return.

This policy of just giving without tangible getting sends the wrong message.

Kuwait should have paid us in free oil for the cost of the war.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Russia doesn't have the stockpiles to go it alone, they are in NK looking for ammunition, and that says a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Russia doesn't have the stockpiles to go it alone, they are in NK looking for ammunition, and that says a lot.

We don't have the stockpiles to pull it off with a coalition of 45-something countries against a lone wolf.  What exactly does that say?

Quoted:
We the capability to produce munitions indefinitely vs Russia, we haven't even started to turn the heat up in munitions production yet.

Absolutely false.

Quoted:
Before we ever worry about China seriously threatening the US in anyway, it is going to have to deal with 3 huge problems.  

Taiwan, Japan, and South Korean.

All 3 are only huge problems for China based on security agreements with the US, which is at it's weakest point right now.  All 3 of those are exactly how China threatens the US, not buffers standing in the way.

Quoted:

I think we all know what a cold war is and the idea that it is not a war, with real consequences for our security and well being, unless it's a hot war, is just silly.

Of course neither China nor Russia nor anyone else is going to stage an invasion of the United States, but that doesn't mean they can't use their military and their spies to inflict major damage on us.

What do you think Wagner is doing around the world?

What Russia/Wagner is doing around the world is a fraction of what China is doing.

A cold war means jack shit without the ability to project deterrence, which we are failing miserably at with regard to China.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I suggest we stop worrying about the Russian invasion of a country 5000  miles away and start worrying about the massive invasion of our own country that’s happening in our back yard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Poll after Poll shows that the overwhelming majority of people here do not support helping Ukraine.
View Quote

There are people here who support shooting and bombing unarmed people. Quoting people here shouldn’t exactly be sued as a standard for public issues.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's stopping the rest of you?
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no. Everyone who disagrees with me iz traitor!

Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia is a old sick dog. China on the other hand is a pit bull with mental issues that wants a bigger yard and they don't want to share it with russia or any other country. China is laughing all the way to the bank with every penny we spend and every mil item we hand over to them.

It's Europe's problem. PERIOD, and they really don't give a shit about russia either other then wanting their gas.

It's actually our problem. That "sick old dog" is doing us significant harm. What do you think Wagner is doing in Africa and the Middle East?

Maybe it's time to put the sick old dog down

Who will put them down? If not you? Why is that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I suggest we stop worrying about the Russian invasion of a country 5000  miles away and start worrying about the massive invasion of our own country that’s happening in our back yard.
View Quote

Y HaZ u No BeN tA bOrDoR????
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suggest we do both. We don't stack rank our problems and work in the second only after solving the first. This is a silly argument.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Second post nailed it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[
[

What Russia/Wagner is doing around the world is a fraction of what China is doing.

A cold war means jack shit without the ability to project deterrence, which we are failing miserably at with regard to China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[
[
Quoted:

I think we all know what a cold war is and the idea that it is not a war, with real consequences for our security and well being, unless it's a hot war, is just silly.

Of course neither China nor Russia nor anyone else is going to stage an invasion of the United States, but that doesn't mean they can't use their military and their spies to inflict major damage on us.

What do you think Wagner is doing around the world?

Actually Russia and China are taking very different approaches. China is using money to build relationships. Russia is using military means to topple governments and take physical control of key mines, oil facilities, and infrastructure.

It's also delusional to think that the conflict with China and Russia is either/or. It's both. Thinking that we can save up and fight China alone over Taiwan without worrying about Russia is a strategic mistake

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually Russia and China are taking very different approaches. China is using money to build relationships. Russia is using military means to topple governments and take physical control of key mines, oil facilities, and infrastructure.

It's also delusional to think that the conflict with China and Russia is either/or. It's both. Thinking that we can save up and fight China alone over Taiwan without worrying about Russia is a strategic mistake

View Quote

Lolwut?  You are completely backwards.

China is using money to influence corrupt governments to build key infrastructure that they take over when the fine print is not met.  Mines, railways, ports, canals, telecom assets, etc.  China is doing this on every continent, Russia has had their hands in a fraction of the countries China has. Everything you are accusing Russia of doing here, China is actually accomplishing.  China has a vastly bigger footprint in Africa and central Asia than Russia, and that's the primary places Russia is actually working in.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Did you start a Go Fund Me where you and others can voluntarily contribute yet?
View Quote

I’ve sent thousands of my own dollars.

How much have you sent to the border?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which I have been doing along with sending other equipment.

Which I have been doing along with sending other equipment. But alas, in my go to hell room I don't have any 155mm m795, m107, m31a1, m30a1, or M57 missiles. I do have some Sagger ATGMs, 152mm, and 122mm however but Fedex is rather picky about shipping stuff like that

How much have you done to equip troops on the border?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have always been a 100% proponent of withdrawing all foreign aid from everywhere and spending those funds at home.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So predictable ??
Quoted:Y HaZ u No BeN tA bOrDoR????

I'm on block but this is gold.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have always been a 100% proponent of withdrawing all foreign aid from everywhere and spending those funds at home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you. We're not talking about the border. Stay on topic.  See the thread title if you are getting forgetful.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

China is using money to influence corrupt governments to build key infrastructure that they take over when the fine print is not met.  Mines, railways, ports, canals, telecom assets, etc.  China is doing this on every continent, Russia has had their hands in a fraction of the countries China has. Everything you are accusing Russia of doing here, China is actually accomplishing.  China has a vastly bigger footprint in Africa and central Asia than Russia, and that's the primary places Russia is actually working in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are not contradicting anything I said. You are making the strategic mistake of thinking we have the option of treating this as either/or when both are a threat. You are making the fatal mistake of thinking the Chinese won't engineer the conflict to be multi front when it comes

If the Chinese want a military conflict with us we will be fighting all of North Korea, Iran, Russia and China.

If that's a problem we better solve it. One way to solve part of it is to take Russia off the table.

This conflict is costing 6.5% of our military spending. Seems like a bargain. If the other 93.5% isn't enough to confront China we need to fix that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You are not contradicting anything I said. You are making the strategic mistake of thinking we have the option of treating this as either/or when both are a threat. You are making the fatal mistake of thinking the Chinese won't engineer the conflict to be multi front when it comes

If the Chinese want a military conflict with us we will be fighting all of North Korea, Iran, Russia and China.

If that's a problem we better solve it. One way to solve part of it is to take Russia off the table.

This conflict is costing 6.5% of our military spending. Seems like a bargain. If the other 93.5% isn't enough to confront China we need to fix that.
View Quote

It's not a money issue. It's a prioritization issue.  We do not have the bandwidth to properly focus on China while expending a significant amount of our resources on Russia, nor do we have the munitions depth nor the production capacity to do so either.

Russia is not now, nor was in recent times a tactical threat to us. China is.  We are significantly reducing our ability to deter the exponentially greater threat. In other words we are spending 70% of our resources solving 15% of the problem.

The fight will be on multiple fronts, which is why it's not just a naval or air force concern as you have previously stated. Europe is already wiped clean, they will be of no help to us even if they wanted to, which isn't even guaranteed. What you don't do is burn through everything you have and then figure it out later.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How much have you done?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much have you done?

You didn’t ask me but I would just like to state publicly, for the record, that I’ve done nothing to help the Ukraine.

I do respect that you’re doing what you can, as it’s obviously important to you.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Should have been limited to many portable resistance fighting equipment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Ukraine "support" is the largest money laundering operation in history
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#39]
no aid whatsoever...
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I am reading Poland has billed them.  Bingo, send a bill and stop delivery of our stuff until they pay.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#41]
F Ukraine. F Russia.

Why is it our responsibility? Oh wait, it’s not. But the shitbags in DC never miss a chance to get rich.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
And just think, if Biden wins next year the never-Trump Ukraine fanatics will point the finger at the rest of us and claim it was all our fault for not being “real” conservatives.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am reading Poland has billed them.  Bingo, send a bill and stop delivery of our stuff until they pay.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There are people here who support shooting and bombing unarmed people. Quoting people here shouldn’t exactly be sued as a standard for public issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll after Poll shows that the overwhelming majority of people here do not support helping Ukraine.

Throw up a poll and see how many people support bombing unarmed people.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck Ukraine, fuck Russia, fuck biden.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#46]
My opinion is Ukraine is extorting money from the USA and you dumb asses are paying for it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We spend 100B in Ukraine and by most accounts half of Russia's modern military is destroyed.
All the KA-50/52s, Mi-28s, T-80s, T-90s, Su-34, Su'27/35, TU-22s, S-400s, the Moskva, the rest of the Black Sea fleet, all that plus more...was, their best.
They have no super fleet of brand new gear they have been holding in reserve.
They are begging NK for 100MM shells to use in T-55s as arty.
To me that $100B, is well spent.  A huge portion of Russia's military is expended, and as far as we know, has cost us the lives of US military members.
We blew $Trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and honestly almost nothing to show for, except for lives and treasure, wasted.
Fuck Russia.
View Quote
I guess we are ruined as well, since we are begging SK for artillery shells.
https://www.reuters.com/world/south-korea-lend-500000-rounds-artillery-shells-us-report-2023-04-12/
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's not a money issue. It's a prioritization issue.  We do not have the bandwidth to properly focus on China while expending a significant amount of our resources on Russia, nor do we have the munitions depth nor the production capacity to do so either.

Russia is not now, nor was in recent times a tactical threat to us. China is.  We are significantly reducing our ability to deter the exponentially greater threat. In other words we are spending 70% of our resources solving 15% of the problem.

The fight will be on multiple fronts, which is why it's not just a naval or air force concern as you have previously stated. Europe is already wiped clean, they will be of no help to us even if they wanted to, which isn't even guaranteed. What you don't do is burn through everything you have and then figure it out later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Taiwan fight will be naval and air

Point you have failed to answer is you can't avoid this. You can't claim you're saving up to fight China. It'll be even worse.

This is not either/or, it's both, and it's much better for us to sequence them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My opinion is Ukraine is extorting money from the USA and you dumb asses are paying for it.
View Quote

We are getting a lot of dead Russians for our money. It's been a fantastic deal so far.

6.5% of our military budget to fuck Russia?
Hell yes.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top