Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting too old / weak / sick to care for myself.

Last time I flew on a commercial airplane I had to REALLY control several fears coming on being confined in that flying coffin.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Minneapolis cops.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Minneapolis cops.
View Quote
We're talking about irrational fears here
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
deep/ dark water

Sticking my hand or foot into a hole that I can’t see into
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Heights (but oddly enough not flying).  I really don't like heights.

Going to the dentist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Clowns and communism
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Planet of the Apes scarred me for life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Planet of the Apes scarred me for life.
View Quote
You wasn't perhaps working at the Cincinnati Zoo in 2016 were you
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Farm augers
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Took a 1/2" splinter of metal to the eyeball on an industrial sized bench grinder.  Learned that safety glasses alone are not sufficient for most metal grinding. Every time I blinked, the shard would scratch the nerve bundle. Massive headache.

ER doc pulled it out and used a medical Dremel to remove the surface rust on my eyeball. Had to wear a eye patch for a few weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buried alive, trapped in a small tunnel or paper cut  to the eyeball.

The last was very realistic where I work until shortly after I shared the idea. Lots of strong fans and freshly printed lists flapping around at eye level. It had apparently never occurred to anyone else. There was change shortly after.
I had my cornea flapping around on while on the side of an 800 foot cliff face.  That was some serious pain.

But ... a papercut sounds even worse.

I wish I had not read your post.  Yikes.

Took a 1/2" splinter of metal to the eyeball on an industrial sized bench grinder.  Learned that safety glasses alone are not sufficient for most metal grinding. Every time I blinked, the shard would scratch the nerve bundle. Massive headache.

ER doc pulled it out and used a medical Dremel to remove the surface rust on my eyeball. Had to wear a eye patch for a few weeks.
I'm not sure how I would have reacted at the sight of a Dremel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sticking my hand or foot into a hole that I can't see into
View Quote
In TX that's pretty smart, I would say.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pedestrian bridges over roadways- I watch them like a hawk before I go under them.

23 years ago, some asshole kids dropped a baseball-sized rock off one and it went through the middle of my windshield and I damn near wrecked the truck.
I managed to pull off the road a half mile or so from the bridge and shook like a leaf in the wind for about 10 minutes; then I got really pissed off and went hunting but the little pricks were gone.

I called the cops and about 4 days later a deputy stopped by my house and said they caught'em after they did again, but this time it caused a wreck that hospitalized some folks and someone seen them throw the rock.

Other than, nothing really. There are some things I'll say not just no, fuck no, to, but that's because I don't want to deal with the aggravation.
View Quote

Wasn't a woman killed or seriously injured a few years back when some dipshit threw a frozen turkey off a bridge like that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Police.............And what liberals and communists want to amd have done to my constitution and rights.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Aa a kid, mummies and the Egyptian god Anubis (the dog headed fucker) used to terrify me. These days I am generally cool, except with clowns. They can fuck off.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aa a kid, mummies and the Egyptian god Anubis (the dog headed fucker) used to terrify me. These days I am generally cool, except with clowns. They can fuck off.
View Quote

"By the rigid member of Anubis I swear to you that ................. "

ETA: Actually, the Egyptians had a priapic god ........ Min, so the phrase should be "By the rigid member of Min I swear to you that ............ "

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top