Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know it, I know it, we all know it.

But that ain't gonna stop the retard rally from commencing. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. And total bullshit at that.

No way in the gates of Hell do the russians have technology anywhere close to that.
You know it, I know it, we all know it.

But that ain't gonna stop the retard rally from commencing. 
The russians are counting on the fact that most people get their military knowledge from video games.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

yup.

It's bullshit.

In 20 years, they may have ONE working prototype. One. The projwct will never have the budget to outfit a single company with that kind of gear, let alone the entire russian military.

Current battery tech means no power source is feasible. Graphene batteries may change that, but those are stil a ways off.
View Quote
Remember the future soldier concept?

"By the year 2010, every soldier will have constant video streaming to his eyeglasses"

"Turning corners to fire will be a thing of the past, he simply holds his weapon around the corner and looks at the video screen"
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can think of when I see that suit and helmet is how much it is going to suck running in it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All I can think of when I see that suit and helmet is how much it is going to suck running in it.
View Quote
Hence the exoskeleton and climate controls... Which require a battery powered by rainbows, unicorn jizz and whatever crank the FBI guy was on when he went through thousands of Hillary's emails in only a handful of days.

Otherwise, that shit won't function for more than 3 minutes before running out of power or overheating.

It's the same companies and scientists they've had for the past 60 years, so the tech is basically still Soviet innovation. In other words, it's all a crapshoot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.

64. Beretta: In Section 3 Bid Sample, Note 2 states that the ICSR shall be “Compatible with FWS-I and laser”.  We do not have access to a “Family of Weapon Sights – Individual” or know which laser the Army plans to use.  We assume the FWS is to be mounted on the top rail, forward of the day sight, and that the laser may be mounted on a side rail.  Can you confirm the location of these accessories and the number of MIL-STD-1913 “slots” they require to be mounted onto the weapon?

ANSWER: The FWS is to be mounted on the top rail, forward of the day sight.  The laser may be mounted on a side rail.  The laser will require ~11 slots while the Optic is ~11” in length.
View Quote
48. Will any guns be subjected to a high round count durability test within the 35,000 round count?   Will all 7 ICSRs get 5,000 rounds, or will 1 or 2 get 10,000 rounds? We ask because this will make a big difference on the spare parts we would supply.

ANSWER:  To assist in spare part calculations, assume each of the 7 weapons will be fired 5,000 rounds.
View Quote
What laser do we use that uses 11 pic slots and it looks like a Variable optic is in the Army's future.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Any talk of whether or not these same Russians that we are worried about are planning to replace their 5.45x39?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any talk of whether or not these same Russians that we are worried about are planning to replace their 5.45x39?
View Quote
They are not and are actually buying improved AK-74s.
AK-12:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
A pissant country with a GDP on par with Italy is now dictating our small arms procurement with their smoke and mirrors "Spartan-II" program?  

Even if true, we should be focusing on putting GLCMs and Pershing IIIs in Europe and instead we're worrying about 5.56 vs 7.62 AP performance!? Put a beaten zone around Mr. Exosuit or drop some HE on him, I guarantee he'll take notice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
7.62 MDR, just in time.

New Desert Tech MDR .308 Bullpup
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Game over man. Game over.

Paula Revere warned us.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are not and are actually buying improved AK-74s.
AK-12:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414147/tCzSDtLsrWM-303069.JPG
View Quote
Damn. Even the Russians have now Tapcofucked their AKs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Damn. Even the Russians have now Tapcofucked their AKs.
View Quote
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top