BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m neither young nor naive. Racism isn’t a feature of this forum. It isn’t tolerated here.

I’ve been around here a lot longer than my join date.
View Quote

Here you go...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD--Jogger-shot-and-killed-near-Brunswick-GA/5-2323168/?page=1
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't really think of anything in GD that bothers me. This sight is pretty damn tame in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m neither young nor naive. Racism isn’t a feature of this forum. It isn’t tolerated here.

Here you go...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD--Jogger-shot-and-killed-near-Brunswick-GA/5-2323168/?page=1

I’m not going to read 100+ pages so it is likely there were post that were racial in nature. I bet they were moderated quickly.

That doesn’t change reality.

A certain segment of our society makes up about 16% of the population.

That 16% commits a disproportionate amount of violent crime.

Do you disagree?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’m not going to read 100+ pages so it is likely there were post that were racial in nature. I bet they were moderated quickly.

Do you disagree?
View Quote

I think it is 13%.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you disagree?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go...

Do you disagree?

Not at all.  But to say it doesn't make it's way into threads in GD, is just wrong.  You just mentioned reality.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not at all.  But to say it doesn't make it's way into threads in GD, is just wrong.  You just mentioned reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go...

Do you disagree?

When facts, or reality, make its way into our discourse, should we condemn it or acknowledge it as fact?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When facts, or reality, make its way into our discourse, should we condemn it or acknowledge it as fact?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go...

Do you disagree?

Not gonna argue something I already agreed with.  

If you don't notice the buzz words, or memes...that's cool.  I don't care.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a not so subtle vein of racism that appears here regularly, usually keeping to the cover of the Karnac Klan and the CoC; and the usual tribe acceptance of other broad brush "truisms" whether they be about some "class" distinction regarding vocation, age, education, etc .

Lots of BS I don't measure worth the response.

OTOH, I regularly garner news ahead of the news here, and there are, betwixt and between the gargoyles, astute, and occasionally, succinct observations about our lives whose equal I see nowhere else.

View Quote

MMcfpd, you are a madman. When you stole that goat, and you and Goatboy tried to make it with the goat. I want to party with you, cowboy. But the two of us together? Forget it! I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this site. A forum without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And DK-Prof isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... DK-Prof!
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I naively thought this forum would be traditional American Christian right wing conservative but it looks like that is exactly why it has been heavily populated with left wing counterpointers, disruptors and subversives. I guess they're here for the same reasons I thought would make it a traditional family value oriented gathering. Every topic I open there's someone shrieking liberal talking points and clutching their pearls in mock outrage.

Is there nowhere left to go anymore, it feels like the whole world is a leftist re-education camp, and not even a 2A themed forum is immune.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
lol..and this is the sfuff that brings you back.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

CherokeeGunslinger seems like a strange handle for you, Ben Shapiro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with you, OP, what really gets me pissed here is the occasional veiled racism. I don't give a god damn if you're white, black, red or yellow, I just want you to be pro-freedom. Another thing is the trolling, but alas, such comes with the territory of the internet.

If you want to see what keeps me coming back here, you can see it in this very thread. Arfcom is fun and we can all either have a laugh in GD or talk about guns in the tech subforums. Arfcom is one of the last few places on the internet where you can actually experience camaraderie and friendship. Y'all motherfuckers are interesting people.

CherokeeGunslinger seems like a strange handle for you, Ben Shapiro.

Did I mention that my wife is a doctor? @Mastercraftsman
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
No matter how screwed my life is or what dumb ass thing I manage to think do, I can come here and within a few minuets know my life is fucking grand compared to some.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I purposely avoid  TV news and facebook because I dont want to hear all the bs and GD has turned into a revolving news reel of people posting headlines about political crap and look what they're doing now threads about the left.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys and you guys.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I won't say it brings me back, but there is a lot of obamanite internet "pushers" on here pedalling propaganda for the state. I could do without those assholes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]
What tends to irk me about GD here is some of the calls for action that pop up at times. There are indeed good reasons for mobilizing the membership here in cases where there is genuine need. But there are posters who think that the membership base here are a made to order mob that is at their beckoned call for whatever inane or asinine reasons. You see these threads every now and again, and the OP looks something like this;

" blah blah blah FIREMISSION!!! Blah blah blah POWER OF ARFCOM!!! Blah blah blah SMASH THIS POLL ON FACEBOOK!!! blah blah blah WIFE'S DILDO COLLECTION CONTEST!!! Blah blah blah ."

Now, it's not the threads itself that rubs me. Rather, it's the notion of the hope and wish of some schmuck to garner massive support for the sake of personal gain and/or prestige. It's been to the point there i wont even pay mind to any requests for help in GD anymore. And i think the only thing left that keeps me coming back are memes. That's about it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Habit is the sole reason I come back, and it probably is one I should break.

What bothers me?

• Fudds. Prior to the acquisition of Arfcom by Brownell's there was a thread where a member used additive manufacturing to legally create a Swift Link. He was a licensed SOT, and he fully complied with the law and the site's code of conduct by not disclosing technical details. This caused a massive uproar. Many saw it as "going too far", and they vilified the member basically calling him a child molester. The thread got trashed. That member made a new thread asking what happened, and it got immediately nuked. He then left the site.

• "The Greater Good Above All Else." An ATF informant got outed, who was trying to coax members into committing various federal crimes including NFA violations. IIRC the thread hit 10 or so pages, and got nuked. I imagine that the OP got banned.

• Bad Staff. The Qanon craze took one ARFCOM moderator (or maybe staff member) off the deep end. He was helping coordinate raids, and banned multiple members, who didn't "trust the plan."

• Decline in Quality. I've been here nearly 10 years, and this site used to have all sorts of posts that were either extremely informative or extremely fun. You would have people with subject matter expertise weigh-in with knowledge of CFD, FEM, et cetara. Many quality posters were driven off or banned. There has been an incessant influx of 30+ post per day belugas.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Everything about it bothers me and I’m both a glutton for punishment and an idiot, so I keep coming back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Everything about it bothers me and I'm both a glutton for punishment and an idiot, so I keep coming back.
View Quote
I think we have a winner!
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#22]
What bothers me the most is how easy it is to burn through time just filtering through the "shtuff".

What brings me back is the almost limitless opportunities to shit post - see sig ...
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#23]
What I like: the shit posts.
What I hate: the shit posts.

Also people who bitch about racism whenever the uncomfortable truth about American crime statistics are brought up or a news article is suspiciously lacking on details about the perp.

Like it's A okay for the government and media to say white supremacists are the biggest threat while ignoring the fact that aspiring rapper on aspiring rapper crime is a real problem. A problem that is being used as a reason to erode gun rights.

So, I'm sorry Carnac makes you uncomfortable. But the prevalent violence in urban neighborhoods should also make you uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I come back because it is interesting reading, and often you see a perspective on current events that is unique.

I watch some threads like a drive by train wreck…. blatant bigotry, woman hating , etc. Some folks on here are absolutely nuts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#26]
People who say HIVE triggers my autism.   But I get over it.     What says the hive?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#27]
For me, it’s the memes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I like the minute to minute on the spot news. Also  "the rest of the story" about events and such. The rest, with few exceptions, is pretty much like a cheap laundromat. Same thing over and over. Wash, rinse, dry, repeat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't hate anything about GD.

It's hard to keep track of which calibers, guns, vehicles, beverages, foods, celebrities, politicians, political parties, countries, wars, etc., to hate or sneer at. I'm thankful to have GD to keep me straight on all of that!

Plus, it's nice to be able to ask who makes the latest tier 1 paper clips and get a definitive answer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I stop reading after FPNI
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Have your husband...

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top