Preferably...Aquafina bottled water.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Water
View Quote

Yup, water.

I was a 8 or 12 can a day Pepsi drinker for years.

I switched to water with the little flavor packets and then just water.

20 years ago, if you'd told me I'd be drinking water with pizza, or steaks, I'd have told you that you were out of your mind.

Went to a cookout yesterday.  Hot dogs roasted over a fire, potato salad, fire baked potato and I drank ice water.

Got a big glass of it sitting right next to me as I type.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Posca, a Roman drink of red wine vinegar and water. Technically you should use brewed and not distilled red wine vinegar. You can add honey but that’s more of a thing for modern tastes and who needs more sugar in their diet? It’s very refreshing and restorative, like a proto electrolyte drink.

Naturally carbonated mineral waters are good too if you want a carbonated drink. I use a slice of lime with Topo Chico.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]
"future heart problems from energy drinks" ?

What the fuck, does he think you are 14?

The caffeine is the heart damaging part of energy drinks and there is considerably less in them than coffee.  Just don't over do it.  Don't drink ten of them a day and drink other stuff (like water) for most of your fluids.

"I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning."  "OMG DON"T DO THAT cuz if you drink fifteen pots of coffee a day you get addicted and can damage  your heart"!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Water
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"future heart problems from energy drinks" ?

What the fuck, does he think you are 14?

The caffeine is the heart damaging part of energy drinks and there is considerably less in them than coffee.  Just don't over do it.  Don't drink ten of them a day and drink other stuff (like water) for most of your fluids.

"I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning."  "OMG DON"T DO THAT cuz if you drink fifteen pots of coffee a day you get addicted and can damage  your heart"!!!
View Quote

I can handle two 16oz Monsters before 10am on a bad day with no issues,  but I've cut back to zero caffeine on 5+ days of the week and a medium fountain soda the two days.

I was in a freezing cold room at work so I had two 10oz cups of coffee at 9am from the percolator a coworker made that morning. One black, one with two sugars, one half and half. Normal Folgers red tub of grounds.

I swear I saw God.

There was an oily sheen on top, it was hot as fuck, and I was still jittery and shaking at 4pm.

He laughed that it was his FTX coffee recipe. Another coworker said he was having deployment flashbacks.

I'm pretty sure he packed the percolator tray absolutely to the top with grounds like it was an espresso pod for an elephant, instead of measuring the right amount for 42 cups.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I drink coffee in the morning, ice water the rest of the day.   Iced tea and beer each on occasion.   I can't think of anything else I drink with regularity.
View Quote

Same.  Only thing I add is a zipfizz to one of my bottles of water.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I drink a lot of arnold palmers or just iced tea with honey.

Both are tea i guess not sure why that matters

Looking at the nutrition info some lipton iced tea has about 25 mg of caffeine for a 20 oz serving... Use a few less tea bags or add lemonade and lots of ice and thats very low
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I was a big soda drinker in my 20s but my wife converted me to water over 20 years ago so it's about all I drink outside of coffee.  I've adapted over the years and I'm satisfied with water the vast majority of the time.  Having said that, when I want to "live it up", I add powdered Tang.  Sure it has sugar but it tastes good and has vitamin C and I probably only have 1 cup of Tang every 1-2 weeks.

I also have powdered Powerade I like.  I have some in fruit punch, grape, and other flavors and that's pretty good stuff - especially if I'm working outside when it's hot or if I'm out hiking.  I just use it in moderation because of the sugar and calories.

I avoid artificial sweeteners.  I'll take it naturally and just manage the calories.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Water, liquid IV if dehydrated. Lemonade/limeade occasionally.

Water, whiskey, beer, wine, mead, coffee are almost all I drink.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kombucha.
View Quote

I tried that stuff once. While I like the taste of vinegar itself, a vinegar-drink?  No.

Sparkling water is another option, but I can’t drink too much or my throat starts getting irritated.

Also flavored sparkling water- unless it’s seltzer - is pretty much just diet soda. So if you’re trying to avoids those go with the seltzer options that don’t have sweeteners.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Water and Gatorade when my working hard or exercising
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I quit soda twenty plus years ago, and damn near any caffeinated drinks with it, but if I need woken up, I'll have a small coffee or tea with a side of headaches the next day.

Sounds like OP is a sugar addict.

Water, OP. The artificial sweeteners aren't doing your body any favors either. Water. You'll get used to it but right now you're just replacing stuff and soon enough....you're out of things to replace it with.

Sparkling water is carbonated, and that carbonic acid does your teeth no favors.

Electrolyte water? Just eat some salt.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Water.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#19]
tap water mixed with small amount of mint mouthwash
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I drink all of the title drinks except energy drinks, but I also drink lots of water and cold V8 juice. The water and V8 juice are recent additions. I never drank much water before but after getting used to it I'm now really hooked. I have also reduced my alcoholic drinks generally and have eliminated alcohol on my band gigs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#21]
water
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Beer flavored water.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Coffee, water, Coors banquet are the only things I drink anymore
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Kool-aid, you ain't Ghetto enough if you don't drink it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I cut out cola and other soda's a few years ago.   Now instead I drink soda water / carbonated water.    

Sometimes, I will drink two parts water and one part gatorade or other electrolyte drink.    They are massively over-sweetened, so once you adjust to this, the undiluted gatorade isn't very palatable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Edit cause I'm drinking...Try co2 process decaf tea instead of the more commonly available ethyl acetate process

I get it bulk loose leaf from harney's
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I drink coffee, tea, tons of water and a beer or two once in a great while. Works for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Water
Tea
milk
pepsi and beer are about tied

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Glass of water
squeez a lemon
shot of pomegranite juice
couple squirts of agave nectar

I usually drink 3 24oz tumblers
The older we get the harder it is to stay hydrated
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Glass of water
squeez a lemon
shot of pomegranite juice
couple squirts of agave nectar

I usually drink 3 24oz tumblers
The older we get the harder it is to stay hydrated
View Quote

I might try that minus the nectar.  Since I'm "mostly keto", I've taken to having the following on hot days...

Big f'n tumbler of iced water or seltzer
about 1 tsp of Bragg's Cider Vinegar.

It gives the tart of lemonade but without the sugary-sweentess.  Very refreshing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Basically water, black coffee, and carbonated water

And bourbon.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Water?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Urine. Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No! But I do it anyway, cause it's sterile and I like the taste.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top