BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/17/2019 7:33:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They work with pliers and blowtorches, and their employer isn't fond of ball gags.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Username is fitting
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck around with Marcellus and find out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Pipehitters smoke crack.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen two different definitions:

1) Someone who hits the pipe.

2) Someone who hits someone with a pipe.

I prefer the second one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Username is fitting
View Quote
OP should start a daily thread asking one question ending the question with "Hell if I Know".
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Something about getting piped
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]
About UsPipe Hitters Union
No better friend, no worse enemy.
Pipe Hitters Union (PHU) was founded in 2004 by a small group of special operations combat veterans that shared a common belief in the unity of cause, the willingness to face extreme obstacles head on and the absolute refusal to backdown in the face of adversity. Since then, the message has spread to like minded individuals from all professions and walks of life. Whether military, law enforcement or civilian, Pipe Hitters throughout the world are pushing their limits daily and making their mark.

What began as a brotherhood born from conflict has evolved into a commitment to continue to live by the values we hold dear, regardless of what stands in our way. The battlefield may change but our resolve to push forward remains the same. Our brand is a mark of distinction and a call for others to join us.

PHU was born in the spirit of moving together in one direction through the storms of life, no matter how they present themselves. This is a call to embrace turmoil. This a call to thrive in adversity. This is a call to join the Union.

Pipe Hitters Union, LLC is a disabled combat veteran owned and operated business headquartered in Austin, TX.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you sure that you don't mean pipeFITTER?  Because that is an actual trade...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Combat arms. Actual trigger pullers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Brah
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Is this a sodomy thread?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pipe Hitters Union (PHU) was founded in 2004 by a small group of special operations combat veterans that shared a common belief in the unity of cause, the willingness to face extreme obstacles head on and the absolute refusal to backdown in the face of adversity. Since then, the message has spread to like minded individuals from all professions and walks of life. Whether military, law enforcement or civilian, Pipe Hitters throughout the world are pushing their limits daily and making their mark.

What began as a brotherhood born from conflict has evolved into a commitment to continue to live by the values we hold dear, regardless of what stands in our way. The battlefield may change but our resolve to push forward remains the same. Our brand is a mark of distinction and a call for others to join us.

PHU was born in the spirit of moving together in one direction through the storms of life, no matter how they present themselves. This is a call to embrace turmoil. This a call to thrive in adversity. This is a call to join the Union.

Pipe Hitters Union, LLC is a disabled combat veteran owned and operated business headquartered in Austin, TX.
View Quote
Yeah that's gay.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#15]
It certainly meant crack using individuals but was misinterpreted to mean individuals who would use pieces of plumbing or fencing as cudgels and "pipehitter" became a term for what some might call a "bad hombre".

This isn't much different from how this place has mangled some meanings,such as neckbeard.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like stoicism.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They work with pliers and blowtorches, and their employer isn't fond of ball gags.
View Quote
ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Brand salesmen
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like goofballs trying to sell t-shirts to wannabes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Dudes selling tshirts. Just another veteran clothing business.

ETA see above
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Piphitters smoke crack.
View Quote
Winner.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Pipe hitters = crackheads

Term made popular by this movie. Somehow adopted by veterans to mean badass or some shit like that.

[youtube]tVRPz6-Tkww?t=80[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#23]
They play the skin flute.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#24]
When Grunt Style t shirts aren’t cool enough to wear with your affliction jeans, and all of your Tapout shirts are crusted in cum, wear Pipe Hitter’s Union.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Crack smoking thugs. Mistakenly adopted by some who thought it just meant badass. Not really a term of endearment unless you are looking to turn them loose on someone who asspraped you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah that's gay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PHU was born in the spirit… (blah blah blah)  ...veteran owned and operated business headquartered in Austin, TX.
Yeah that's gay.
I concur.

The term has evolved somewhat over the years since it was first coined. It's early reference in "Pulp Fiction" referred to crackheads that could be hired to perform unsavory tasks like torture. PHU's reference evokes imagery of righteous "toughguys" who would bash heads in with a pipe(gay). As of late it refers to guys who go through various SOF "pipelines," I/E- SFQC, PJ/CCT Indoc, BUDS, etc. I'm thinking the "professional veteran" community just figured out a way to take possession of the term to refer to themselves.

But yeah… the whole thing is pretty gay.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree like

"Why does the ketchup I buy have to be refrigerated after opening but the same exact one at any restaurant doesnt say it on the bottle and is left out for days or weeks on a table?"

Hell if I know
View Quote
We dont refrigerate our ketchup or our butter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Crack smoking thugs. Mistakenly adopted by some who thought it just meant badass. Not really a term of endearment unless you are looking to turn them loose on someone who asspraped you.
View Quote
What is assprap?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Assprape?

Hell if I know?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It certainly meant crack using individuals but was misinterpreted to mean individuals who would use pieces of plumbing or fencing as cudgels and "pipehitter" became a term for what some might call a "bad hombre".

This isn't much different from how this place has mangled some meanings,such as neckbeard.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#31]
The chicks in Wesley Pipes movies?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Crackhead or meth billy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#33]
It's another way the gays let other gays know they like to suck on the meat stick.

@Pirkle
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
How could anyone misinterpret that? Besides the fact that it's obviously crackheads from the context, he plainly states that they're going to use pliers and a blowtorch, not pipes. Somehow people thought there was some subculture of plumbing samurai walking the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Crack heads....
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
100% this.
Somebody too young to remember the crack epidemic heard the term in Pulp Fiction and thought it meant “badass,” completely missing the context.
Makes me laugh anytime I read it.

I asked this a few years ago, and one awesome arfcommer actually dug up a newspaper article from San Francisco in the early 1900s that references pipehitters as opium addicts.
It’s an OLD drug term
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#37]
It's a nickname special forces operators have given themselves.  It is referenced in the game: ghost recon wildlands.

If you think it's gay than you might be some fat fuck jerking off in your mom's basement.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Not something I want to advertise with a t shirt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuck unions!,,
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#40]
For years I heard that line as "pipefittin niggers"  and thought it was in reference to union toughs from the pipe fitter union. Now I know different.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How could anyone misinterpret that? Besides the fact that it's obviously crackheads from the context, he plainly states that they're going to use pliers and a blowtorch, not pipes. Somehow people thought there was some subculture of plumbing samurai walking the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu?
View Quote
Lost it.  I had a sudden vision of Denzel Washington as Eli, only he had a three-foot length of 1" ID steel pipe slung across his back, capped at the naughty end, with dried blood crusted in those few threads that still show, wandering endlessly searching for a new supply of teflon tape and solder....
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#42]
A pipehitter is a badass or violent individual.

The people on here that think it refers to a crackhead have no idea what they are talking about. This is the only place where people constantly say that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's a nickname special forces operators have given themselves.  It is referenced in the game: ghost recon wildlands.

If you think it's gay than you might be some fat fuck jerking off in your mom's basement.
View Quote
The only thing gayer than referring to yourself as a pipe hitter is wearing a T-shirt that says it
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A pipehitter is a badass or violent individual.

The people on here that think it refers to a crackhead have no idea what they are talking about. This is the only place where people constantly say that.
View Quote
Your meaning came long after the original meaning.

”Dope Fiends,” Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles), 2 May 1888, 2.

"“Dope" Fiends. Police Officers Raid A Notorious Den. A Sallow-faced Pipe-hitter and a Nude Female Captured—A Disgrace to Civilized Los Angeles—The Unfortunate Girl Weeps Bitter Tears.2"
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or "hipster."
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
The gay part is using the term to try to sell skull and crossbones beanies to basement dwellers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is this a sodomy thread?
View Quote
Every time I hear the term, I think of someone being hit in the ass pipe with the meat pipe.
As a substitute term for "badass," it's just... unfortunate. None of the imagery it conjures is particularly pleasant... or badass, for that matter..
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The gay part is using the term to try to sell skull and crossbones beanies to basement dwellers.
View Quote
Wait, this is a thing?  How come nobody told me?  I'm not gay, but I love skull and crossbones logos, AND I love beanies!  Double win!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Combat arms. Actual trigger pullers.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top