Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2022 6:44:18 AM EDT
What do you guys use to get groceries delivered?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife.

ETA-I have used  Instacart when I was laid up with a back injury while  I was out of town in a hotel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
2018 Toyota Tundra
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The wife unit, she's the best app you can have.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry my own a$$ to the store and get my own stuff. I don't even have pizza delivered.
(Also, Never have I ever, grub hub. door dash. uber. etc...) If I want/need something, I get my a$$ up and go get it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Instacart
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I swear some of you guys must be made of money.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry my own a$$ to the store and get my own stuff. I don't even have pizza delivered.
(Also, Never have I ever, grub hub. door dash. uber. etc...) If I want/need something, I get my a$$ up and go get it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Aldi with delivery.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you guys use to get groceries delivered?
View Quote

My wife.

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I couldn't do it even if it was viable here.

I need to get out of the house as often as possible.

I have had the store in town charge beer to my account and deliver it to a jobsite for my guys though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife does the grocery shopping while I'm at work while my boys are either doing chores or finishing their school work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I go to the grocery store and push the cart around and fill it according to a list I've brought.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I use Instacart. Best thing ever. I haven't been in a grocery store in years.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]
None. Im not paying for that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm one of the poors that goes to the store.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Lol.  I can't  even  get a pizza delivered here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#17]
grocery delivery?  laughing
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife has received a couple of grub hub gift certificates from work.  Honestly, it is a pain in the ass.  Would not use it with my own money.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol.  I can't  even  get a pizza delivered here.
View Quote

Same, the pizza place is open 4 days a week, and has never offered delivery.

I called the next town over one time and asked about delivery once, I had to drive 5 miles to meet them, because they had a certain cross road that was their cutoff for delivery distance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Wife loves Instacart.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Peapod Stop&Shop delivery had coupons in December that were cheaper than buying in store.

The problem wasn't cost.  
The delivery guy tossed the stuff off the truck as if he was testing luggage.  
AMERICAN TOURISTER - The Gorilla Commercial 1970

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not lazy, nor is my wife. We go shopping and push the cart. We enjoy time together talking about what foods to try and what we will eat throughout the week.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I like to go out and make sure the world is still there.
I'll have to be pretty fucked up to not go in a store myself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#25]
There’s a supermarket half a mile from us. I need something, I can be there and back in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not one of the poors. I could afford to have my groceries brought to me by limo. I, like you, still get off my lazy ass and go to the store. It's not about the money. It's about not being such a lazy fuck that you can't even drag your ass to the grocery store. This of course excepts the severely disabled/elderly/etc... who simply cannot actually do it. My, now, ex-wife started using delivery services and then started with the meal kit services (Blue Apron, etc...) and that was one of the many signs that she had lost her goddamned mind and that we would not be married much longer. There were many many other signs. When we were together we never seemed to have any money. Without her to spend my money on frivolously retarded crap like having groceries delivered all portioned out so that all we have is ingredients for specific meals which would only occasionally be prepared as intended instead of groceries generally, I suddenly have just fucking loads of cash accumulating.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]
USPS is now delivering groceries (in my area )

Our rural mail carrier is PISSED!
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, what's the standard for tipping- if any -when it comes to these apps?

How is the quality of items purchased?

Coupons?

I normally hotfoot it to the grocery, but I'm not so old school where I can't forsee trying it out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#31]
None for delivery but sometimes instacart runs a $30 or $50 off coupon so I'll do pickup with that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely.

These other guys saying that they do it themselves don't realize it's cheaper to have it delivered if you factor in your time
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The wife unit, she's the best app you can have.
View Quote

I agree.

Your wife is amazing
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#34]
why would I forgo the MILFs in their yoga pants at Publix?

Quoted:
Absolutely.

These other guys saying that they do it themselves don't realize it's cheaper to have it delivered if you factor in your time
View Quote

some people used to say that about reloading. Like they were prevented from closing a megamerger or something.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Absolutely.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

And impulse buys!  (Stupid Costco...)
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't eat. Saves a lot of time and money.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Instacart a few times but fired them because they require too much goddamn hand holding when they cant find an item
from your list and they end up texting incessantly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#38]
We go to the store.
My wife used to do all of the shopping. Now I'm learning to do it because she can't.
She knows the layout of three different stores, where stuff is, and which item is cheapest at which store.  

I am having to learn all of that stuff, with a lot of calls home to ask about my extremely detailed shopping list.
It's a pain in the ass, but it's the only way to shop and get what I want, like do I want 5 pounds of rice, or  is it a great deal and I want three, or do I want the ten pound bag?

Not only that, but I don't want some dweeb picking out my meat and fresh produce.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not enough to have someone drive 30+ minutes to get here to deliver it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Instacart
View Quote
I have used this a few times.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Webvan
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm not one of the poors. I could afford to have my groceries brought to me by limo. I, like you, still get off my lazy ass and go to the store. It's not about the money. It's about not being such a lazy fuck that you can't even drag your ass to the grocery store. This of course excepts the severely disabled/elderly/etc... who simply cannot actually do it. My, now, ex-wife started using delivery services and then started with the meal kit services (Blue Apron, etc...) and that was one of the many signs that she had lost her goddamned mind and that we would not be married much longer. There were many many other signs. When we were together we never seemed to have any money. Without her to spend my money on frivolously retarded crap like having groceries delivered all portioned out so that all we have is ingredients for specific meals which would only occasionally be prepared as intended instead of groceries generally, I suddenly have just fucking loads of cash accumulating.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm lazy as fuck. Many smart people are. A few dollars spent having people do the things you don't want to do is money well spent.

Work (and live) smart, not hard. Same as my job. I don't do shit. All of my work is done well. Boss is happy. Clients are happy. Close to zero effort expended on average.

Smart people don't have to do busy work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Walmart is the only one that will deliver here.

It doesn't cost much at all, $13/month, and a tip with every delivery. Fuck wasting my life in a store.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Oddly enough, my 2011 Tacoma works quite well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#46]
None. I also don't sit when I pee.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m with you 150%

Fuck pizza deliveries and any type of food (either groceries or cooked food) being delivered. I se no reason to pay extra for cold food that some sick bastard may have stuck his faecal covered fingers into and charge me a premium to do it.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
This^

I get it if you are disabled, or really old, but even then I would be trying to do it myself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Unbelievable how so want everything hand delivered or handfed to them anymore.  Get off your ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top