Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't watch his or any other gun tube  videos and never have heard the company mentioned except in GD.
View Quote

Hi boomer
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are 2A absolutists and are on our side
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]
For T Rex Arms… Take all the positives, subtract all of the negatives and you’ll end up with enough good to justify supporting the company.

Lucas is an awkward dude who I wouldn’t hang out with but his older brothers make up for it and the company as a whole is on the right track.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, I mean, per its definition, it's not splitting hairs, an A class shooter should be 75% to 89.5% of what a GM should be.

Compared to 99.9% of GD, they would be a high level shooter though.
View Quote

75-84.9

M is 85-94.9

Then G

But I see his point.  Most shooters don’t even know the USPSA classification system exists.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are 2A absolutists and are on our side
View Quote

This. This is most important to me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I dont believe that's even remotely true.
View Quote

I wasn’t going to address that comment but I agree.

I’ve shot a few A classifier scores.

The 25% gap from the beginning of A to a 100% score is enormous and it gets exponentially harder to close that gap as you level up.

It took me 10 months to get from zero to B.

If I make A by the end of 2024, it will be sheer luck or an amount of practice that will end up in a divorce LOL
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

75-84.9

M is 85-94.9

Then G

But I see his point.  Most shooters don’t even know the USPSA classification system exists.
View Quote

84.9/95 is 89.5%
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah that’s true, I didn’t read exactly what you posted.

For the uninformed it would be easier to just post the percentages.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh nothing just 90 percent of GD hates T-Rex cause he's more pro 2A then GD folks, skinny and gets all the pussy he wants.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's happening?

Oh nothing just 90 percent of GD hates T-Rex cause he's more pro 2A then GD folks, skinny and gets all the pussy he wants.

LOL

@45-Seventy
@RePp
@RustedAce
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's because the videos of the "older" looking guy feature his brother Isaac who does more of the tech & political videos
He's made a good pro-2a video about the AR last year poking fun at politicians and their bullshit, and also covers legislation regularly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIsy3sZI2Y
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Despite what people may think about him, this is ultimately the truth. They have been very active politically, which puts them head and shoulders above 99.99% of the posters on this site.

On a side note, it is kinda weird that Lucas can look 25 years old in one video and 45 years old in another.

That's because the videos of the "older" looking guy feature his brother Isaac who does more of the tech & political videos
He's made a good pro-2a video about the AR last year poking fun at politicians and their bullshit, and also covers legislation regularly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIsy3sZI2Y

I was literally thinking to myself the other week, na.. it can't be the same guy, no way, wtf is going on here...  Thank you for explaining lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No one outside the "look at my sponsors jersey" circle jerk gives a fuck about how fast they can shoot a completely impractical gun (with optic that require plastic bags when it rains) with a would-never-be-duty-authorized-by-anyone holster (sneeze and itll fall out) in completely unrealistic scerarios with suicidal stage plans (sure i'll just waltz by those targets 7yds away and shoot them later it'll save 0.2 sec, and whats cover?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s an A class shooter at best.  An M or GM would wax his ass.

No one outside the "look at my sponsors jersey" circle jerk gives a fuck about how fast they can shoot a completely impractical gun (with optic that require plastic bags when it rains) with a would-never-be-duty-authorized-by-anyone holster (sneeze and itll fall out) in completely unrealistic scerarios with suicidal stage plans (sure i'll just waltz by those targets 7yds away and shoot them later it'll save 0.2 sec, and whats cover?)

Look at how stupid this post is.

Look at it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Look at it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You're just mad you don't carry bang grenades for solo room clearing.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RTkXOlDwmmg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it I'll take unpopular opinion here.

He is an annoying douche bag that's hiding in the same closet as crowder.

Their holsters are fine, the 2a stuff is great.

if I need a holster I'll look at a T-Rex product however I will not look at another video made by that weirdo.

the most cringe thing is the fucking fan boys, they are worse than the Glock tards

I think anyone should be able to buy and carry those but I don’t see a legitimate legal way to use them with current case law.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think anyone should be able to buy and carry those but I don’t see a legitimate legal way to use them with current case law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I need a holster I'll look at a T-Rex product however I will not look at another video made by that weirdo.

the most cringe thing is the fucking fan boys, they are worse than the Glock tards

You can buy and carry the ones in the video. I have carried them but never got a chance to use them reeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Look at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s an A class shooter at best.  An M or GM would wax his ass.

Look at it.

I've already been kilt in the streets twice this week and it's only Tuesday.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can buy and carry the ones in the video. I have carried them but never got a chance to use them reeeeeeeee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose the bright side is you never will.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excuse me sir. This is the second amendment where the right to keep and bear arms is the necessity for a free state not gun culture. Where the people fear the government there is tyranny, but where the government fears the people there is freedom. If I'm legally prohibited from carrying frag grenades in my EDC it's a constitutional infringement, eg magazine and placarding laws currently. The Revolution started over the confiscation of undeclared and concealed artillery while we argue over which ammo is best in our pistols.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LOL

@45-Seventy
@RePp
@RustedAce
View Quote

I mean Lucas is married and before that I was pretty sure he was into dudes. He’s skinny but he probably can’t do a pull-up or squat a hundred pounds. For reals the dude is a giant nerd and probably on the spectrum but he shoots a lot and has some cool gear. If you take him for mindless entertainment he’s not bad. The dudes at GBRS have really done and said some wtf things lately. I’ll chalk it up to being human.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Look at it.
View Quote

I don't want to. My mom told me it was impolite to stare at retards.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't want to. My mom told me it was impolite to stare at retards.
View Quote

In defense of retards...

My brother was Down Syndrome.  Severely so.  

And he never said anything that stupid.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't Lucas work/help to get the Tennessee ammo tax repealed?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I really didn’t see this thread for four pages? Guess I’ll settle in for some enjoyable reading.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also purchased the thigh strap for my drop holster, and that works well too.
View Quote

shocker
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
T-Rex and Lucas are great. This community just loves drama and to eat our own.

G2g.
View Quote

This, exactly.

Then they scream from the hilltops “why don’t we ever win??”
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't recall the story exactly so pardon me if I don't get the facts entirely right.

Anyway, about a year ago they came out their plate carrier.  They advertised it as made in the USA.  After they received them, they discovered that the subcontractor they hired farmed out the production to (IIRC) Mexico.

Although the quality was fine, they fire-saled them at a steep discount.

So, I can't speak to their religious practices.  I also can't speak to if he speeds up his videos.  However, I think they are pretty stand up business people.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't recall the story exactly so pardon me if I don't get the facts entirely right.

Anyway, about a year ago they came out their plate carrier.  They advertised it as made in the USA.  After they received them, they discovered that the subcontractor they hired farmed out the production to (IIRC) Mexico.

So, I can't speak to their religious practices.  I also can't speak to if he speeds up his videos.  However, I think they are pretty stand up business people.
View Quote

Just the way you said, shop that was supposed to have done the work out-sourced. I was able able to snag one of the Mexican ones. They called them AC-Uno's lol.

I'm a Trex fan. Their podcast is really good too, it's narrated (excellently) by Isaac Botkin.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Business practices and principles don't matter to some of GD.  Lucas won't fellate some specops guys GD wishes to shower with, therefore he is trash.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes. They do a lot of work with legislators and lobbying for pro 2a bills.

Quoted:

Yep. The original batch was made under supervision in the US. Then the contractor started shipping some of the work out to Mexico and sewing "Made in the USA" tags on it while still producing some in the US. They couldnt find a way to differentiate between which ones were actually made in the US or Mexico so they just sold the whole batch at a steep discount and were very public about what had happened.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I like that he’s a nerd that got into and really good at shooting.

It’s a refreshing change from the culture of former military instructors and the perception that unless one has combat experience they don’t know what they are talking about.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I don’t watch his videos.

At least one real deal Master class shooter and former GB I know dislikes that the dude sped up at least one video to make it appear he was shooting faster and somehow always has an excuse to never actually shoot a match. ???????

I have a couple of his holsters. I don’t really care one way or the other I guess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]
What is this definition of NERD you GD guys see on T-Rex? I don't see any Glasses on him
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What is this definition of NERD you GD guys see on T-Rex? I don't see any Glasses on him
View Quote

It's probably pretty hard to see anything with your nose so far up there...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's probably pretty hard to see anything with your nose so far up there...
View Quote

Lol...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

STFU, Nerd
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I own a few T-Rex products and they are damn sure 2A absolutists. His brother's video about the AR15 and how historically it relates to the 2A is a master-class IMO. I've got not problem with Lucas, he's a damn good shooter and puts out quality information. GD will find anything to bitch about, IMO a lot of 'hate' from Lucas comes from envy. Who here wouldn't love to get paid shooting guns and making videos and thus this drives a lot of complaints. Same is true of Garand, MAC or insert your gun-tuber of choice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

STFU, Nerd
View Quote

I dare you to say it to his face

@luk1usrex
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Trex arms are short, and not very useful. I don’t understand their purpose.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@luk1usrex
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STFU, Nerd

@luk1usrex

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#40]

I own a couple of their holsters.  They shipped fast and work just fine.

I don’t know anything about the owners.  From reading this thread they sound like decent folks.

The shit some of y’all worry about…climb out of the basement and get laid.  It’ll take your mind off of this dumb shit.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Try reading my other posts for context before popping off with a stupid response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jealousy is a real feminine trait. Try to do better

Try reading my other posts for context before popping off with a stupid response.

You are assuming I care way more about your opinion than I do
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't watch much of his content. Don't buy anything from his store. Wouldn't pay for classes (if he does any).

But...

Shoots better/faster/more accurately than 99% of GD
Trains more than 99% of GD
Less fat than 99% of GD
Encourages more new shooters than 99% of GD
Gets out of the basement more than 99% of GD

If I made obscene money from YT content, I'd likely spend it on the same stupid crap he does. He doesn't come across as overly dorky to me — maybe I'm a dork
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same reason there is a multi page thread of GD criticizing a Cop that took down a mass shooter.  Jealousy.  

Seeing someone else do things makes GD insecure.

View Quote

This is exactly the only  correct answer
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Everyone hates him because he actually shoots guns.

Oh, the same people who won’t do anything or buy something without the blessing of GD say he’s in a cult.

View Quote

That's not true and you know it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't watch much of his content. Don't buy anything from his store. Wouldn't pay for classes (if he does any).

But...

Shoots better/faster/more accurately than 99% of GD
Trains more than 99% of GD
Less fat than 99% of GD
Encourages more new shooters than 99% of GD
Gets out of the basement more than 99% of GD

If I made obscene money from YT content, I'd likely spend it on the same stupid crap he does. He doesn't come across as overly dorky to me — maybe I'm a dork
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/IMG_0385_JPG-433.jpg
View Quote

Pretty much this.

Bunch of fat GDers don't like success I guess.

Still waiting for someone to claim that free suppressor...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I enjoy their videos, podcast and emails for 2nd amendment support. I also enjoy supporting a local business.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is exactly the only  correct answer
View Quote

To be fair, he does need to work on his cardio. I didn't see anyone criticizing his shots or action on the objective. But it sounded like he was fucking a super model.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#49]
smart kid who's figured out how to turn his entire hobby into both a living and a tax write off. he's drawing younger kids in as he knows how to communicate in their medium, and he's getting the hooked on NODS, Fighting Gear and Guns. He's unabashedly pro gun and pro cool gear. That's nice. anyone who draws people to our side is good in my book.

frankly, a little jealous of him lol. I pay for all my ammo and can't write it off.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#50]
By and large I don't know his views and don't have any strongly held opinions either way. Some of the things I have heard, I agree with. Others, I don't.

Their newest model holster is of good quality, and allows me to carry a full size gun concealed. It's a great value, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top