Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No it fucking isn’t considering that speed affects the scores.

Let’s see your practiscore results?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, yes it is huge.

No it fucking isn’t considering that speed affects the scores.

Let’s see your practiscore results?

The best pistol shooters in the world don’t use practiscore. That’s for the guys that shoot huge targets for time
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The best pistol shooters in the world don’t use practiscore. That’s for the guys that shoot huge targets for time
View Quote

Please, enlighten us with who the best shooters are...
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with this thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hating on air pistol target shooting is

It has nothing to do with this thread

This thread claimed only M class shooters in the action pistol games are good shooters.

Most of them are very fast shooters but not particularly good shots.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

lol, it’s ok, if you practice you might learn to shoot.
View Quote

I know how just fine.  In fact I could likely take your toy and get as good as you pretty quickly.  

The other way around?  I doubt it.  The recoil and muzzle blast might scare you, you’d actually have to run and think up a stage plan, etc.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
They do have some informative content sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s a lot of words to say you can’t hit X rings at 50-yards
View Quote

Can’t, and don’t want to(with a handgun).

I’m not interested in a one-faceted skill set.

As mentioned, that’s what a rifle is for.  Practical application of my skills is better served by just about anything vs. pistol bullseye shooting.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't watch guntubers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh hey, another person that can't seem to form an opinion without other peoples input. Do you also need to ask about Mike Rowe while we're here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've watched a few videos and looked over the website at some of the gear.

I do like the fact that he seems to give some really honest opinions about products and training tech.

If this has been discussed before, I apologize. Just a long time lurker with no membership. Didn't search the in-depth knowledge of the GD archives.

Oh hey, another person that can't seem to form an opinion without other peoples input. Do you also need to ask about Mike Rowe while we're here?

Don't be an ass. It's a legit question. GD is a great place to learn the "other side" of these internet celebrity types.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This thread claimed only M class shooters in the action pistol games are good shooters.

Most of them are very fast shooters but not particularly good shots.
View Quote

Then go start your own thread and complain about it there.

This thread is about TRex arms
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't be an ass. It's a legit question. GD is a great place to learn the "other side" of these internet celebrity types.....
View Quote

If they enjoy the content... why care what strangers on the internet think about it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As mentioned, that’s what a rifle is for.  Practical application of my skills is better served by just about anything vs. pistol bullseye shooting.

View Quote

You should want to it's fun and if you ever need to you know you can.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I expected this thread to get retarded, but not the kind of retarded it turned out to be.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A USPSA head box A zone is 2x4”, and the head box is total size is 6x6”.  Is that huge?

Now try shooting that at speed through a port kneeling or squatting and it’s 20 yards away.

There’s a ton to action pistol shooting, much more than stand and shoot.  You can keep your boring bullseye shooting.  It’s gay.

View Quote

Try it seated in a drivers seat with the threat at the 7oclock and approaching fast. You have no time to move the vehicle, roll windows down or put in earpro or eye pro. There's a ton to real situations. You can keep your dynamic shooting. It's gay.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I get acceptable hits, on the move, as fast as possible, all while handling an actual firearm...

I dont care about shooting tiny groups with a handgun, even moreso an airgun. They have a far superior tool for making those slow precision shots... its called a rifle. When I want to shoot slow and precise, I go prone out with one... and even then, I hardly waste time shooting groups.
View Quote

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know how just fine.  In fact I could likely take your toy and get as good as you pretty quickly.  

The other way around?  I doubt it.  The recoil and muzzle blast might scare you, you’d actually have to run and think up a stage plan, etc.
View Quote

Stage plans are gay.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
View Quote

I'd rather have an acceptable hit at 1 second, with an acceptable follow up at 1.2 seconds compared to someone's perfect 2 second shot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope, that's why I spend so much time becoming good at shooting a real handgun in a much more applicable manner...

How often are you packing air?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have your rifle with you at all times?  

Nope, that's why I spend so much time becoming good at shooting a real handgun in a much more applicable manner...

How often are you packing air?

I carry a centerfire pistol too. I don’t shoot centerfire bullseye now but I can still hit with one. You just told us you need a rifle to shoot accurately, kind of embarrassing for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you can execute the fundamentals at speed, you can do it slow. Usually doesn't work well the other way around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it up, just because you can’t hit what you aim at doesn’t mean you need to lash out.

If you can execute the fundamentals at speed, you can do it slow. Usually doesn't work well the other way around.

Let’s see some targets.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I carry a centerfire pistol too. I don’t shoot centerfire bullseye now but I can still hit with one. You just told us you need a rifle to shoot accurately, kind of embarrassing for you.
View Quote

Your reading comprehension isn't all that great is it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hating on air pistol target shooting is

View Quote

I know, right?

National bullseye matches and junior world cup matches are going on now. I guarantee those competitors can outshoot 99% of the people here, myself included.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, even Pat Mac suggests it, shooting a handgun accurately is a great skill to have. It is weird to see shooters bagging on it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No one outside the "look at my sponsors jersey" circle jerk gives a fuck about how fast they can shoot a completely impractical gun (with optic that require plastic bags when it rains) with a would-never-be-duty-authorized-by-anyone holster (sneeze and itll fall out) in completely unrealistic scerarios with suicidal stage plans (sure i'll just waltz by those targets 7yds away and shoot them later it'll save 0.2 sec, and whats cover?)
View Quote

I can’t think of a single person in real life that would give 2 shits if someone was a gun game grandmaster.

I suppose it’s a big deal in that circle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can’t think of a single person in real life that would give 2 shits if someone was a gun game grandmaster.

View Quote

I guess it's far more prestigious to pretend to be an expert on the internet while never actually shooting...
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I guess it's far more prestigious to pretend to be an expert on the internet while never actually shooting...
View Quote

omg I've never even shot a gun before.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than your shooting. Let’s see some targets.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's see the timer... slow shots with a handgun are meaningless
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My shooting consists of bumpfiring at dirt clods/garbage piles twice a year, so I’d assume nearly everyone is a better shot than me.

I’m still not impressed by grand masters.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one outside the "look at my sponsors jersey" circle jerk gives a fuck about how fast they can shoot a completely impractical gun (with optic that require plastic bags when it rains) with a would-never-be-duty-authorized-by-anyone holster (sneeze and itll fall out) in completely unrealistic scerarios with suicidal stage plans (sure i'll just waltz by those targets 7yds away and shoot them later it'll save 0.2 sec, and whats cover?)

It’s cool but not my game. I respect talent in various disciplines, as do most top level shooters I have been fortunate enough to meet and learn from.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, you aren’t impressing anyone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not trying to impress anyone... you're the one posting, and requesting, pictures
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Threads like this always remind me of the buffet line at Golden Corral.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Like what he does for the 2A. Appreciate the traffic he gets for us.

His videos ain't for me though. They come off as kind of cringey.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to impress anyone... you're the one posting, and requesting, pictures
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you are just here to shit on everyone and everything.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
They are the good guys, and doing more work for the 2A than most here, especially with the upcoming generation.  What's not to like?  I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread went weird.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty odd thing to say coming from the guy shitting on people taking a well rounded approach to shooting instead of hyperfocusing on just accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This thread went weird.
View Quote

When you take a few days off from here and come back to see the same few people getting into non-stop circular arguments.. I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The special forces that hire GMs to train them to shoot,seem to care.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Pretty odd thing to say coming from the guy shitting on people taking a well rounded approach to shooting instead of hyperfocusing on just accuracy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am only shitting on you and the other troll. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am only shitting on you and the other troll. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
View Quote

Why, did I say that you need a rifle to be accurate in response to you saying you train with a handgun in an applicable manner or something?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When you take a few days off from here and come back to see the same few people getting into non-stop circular arguments.. I just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread went weird.

Tards tardin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
How about supporting a company that has good values, is transparent, and is staunchly pro 2A. Also, enjoy your style of shooting sport and stop yucking other people's yum.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd appreciate it if you fellas would stop interrupting the dutch rudder contest that's going on in here, work is slow today.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

With 40 posts per day for 3 years straight, I don’t think he’s doing much shooting
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of people and outfits hire them for their training, so it seems like at least a few people give a shit.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was once a Ping Pong champion. It's got to count for something!
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well rounded as a gun game master saying that he doesn't shoot behind cover/barricades because he isn't a "tactical timmy"?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was once a Ping Pong champion. It's got to count for something!
View Quote

Christopher Walken will be contacting you shortly...
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Plenty of people and outfits hire them for their training, so it seems like at least a few people give a shit.

View Quote

Sure, but those units are hiring world class dudes like Rob Leatham to teach.

They aren’t hiring Bill Fucknutz, the grandmaster from his Monday night Kiwanis club bowling pin shoot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As well rounded as a gun game master saying that he doesn't shoot behind cover/barricades because he isn't a "tactical timmy"?
View Quote

I've probably argued against Baconfat more than I've argued on his side...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top