BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Find a used Marlin camp carbine.

This.  Be prepared to spend $$ though.  (My first one cost $144 at K-Mart)
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you're gonna get something worthless you might as well look cool.  Get an IMI UZI Model A and SBR it.  Mags and parts are cheap and plentiful and that thing is built like Soviet tank.

That's my thinking.

If I ever buy a pistol caliber rifle/sub, it's going to be ridiculously expensive.

Or just a fucking Kel Tec.

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
People laugh at the suggestion but I have had great luck with the Hi-Point carbines.  Cheap and run well.

I just picked up one of those ugly bastards used for about $170, that someone had put the "tactical" stock on.
I'll be happy with it if it doesn't blow up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you're gonna get something worthless you might as well look cool.  Get an IMI UZI Model A and SBR it.  Mags and parts are cheap and plentiful and that thing is built like Soviet tank.

+1. My bud has a Vector Uzi carbine that I fucking love shooting. They're cheap, and the barrels just screw in. Buy one cheap, send off the SBR paperwork when you have the cash, then screw in an original style barrel.

That thing has to be one of the smoothest recoiling guns I have ever fired. Not sure how smooth it is with the short barrel though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm, disappointment was great with this gun.  Sold it, wished it had worked.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two Colt 9mms and two KelTec Sub-9s (machined aluminum instead of polymer receiver).

One of my Colts is unfired,  but the other one and the two KelTecs are great.  Accurate and reliable.

Being able to fold and stow the KelTec away and use 33rd Glock mags.....  tough to beat that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't speak to the 9mm version, but my Kel-Tec Sub2ks in .40 are my most used and trained-with carbine.  One for the truck, one for the home.  One reload on my belt recharges either my carbine or handgun.  Cowboy logistics FTW.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I just picked up one of those ugly bastards used for about $170, that someone had put the "tactical" stock on.

I'll be happy with it if it doesn't blow up.

I've never heard anything bad about hi point carbines. I kind of wish they were total pieces of shit. Then maybe eric harris wouldn't have been so successful with his.

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I kind of want to get a hi-point carbine and put the Beretta look-a-like stock on it.  But if I do, it's got to be used and CHEAP as it would just be nothing more than a toy.  I guess I have to justify it as being a really good deal or I'd feel stupid for buying it.

I've shot one once, it wasn't bad to shoot and they don't look nearly as ugly with the aftermarket stock.

I saw one at the gun store for $110 about 2 years ago.  I wish I would've bought it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you're gonna get something worthless you might as well look cool.  Get an IMI UZI Model A A vector and save some money for the stamp and SBR it.  Mags and parts are cheap and plentiful and that thing is built like Soviet tank.

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Turkish HK and do a SBR Conversion. Read the reviews.
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a number of them you could get for around that price. The kel tecs are pretty nice. I don't know you'd be able to get a beretta for that price. Maybe. There is a new, just right carbine? I think that is what they are called. Look kind of like an AR, and they use glock mags.
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#16]
the sub-2000 is great, compact, cheap, etc

calico lmao
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top