BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, use the drying cycle.  Just oil them where they need it and cycle/function check.
Cerakoted doesn't matter.  That shit is like concrete.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The detergent cup thing is genius. I'm gonna start doing that.

Do you use the drying cycle on the pistols? What do you do afterward, dunk them in oil or what? What if they're cerakoted?
Yep, use the drying cycle.  Just oil them where they need it and cycle/function check.
Cerakoted doesn't matter.  That shit is like concrete.

I'm feeling some serious homo over this suggestion....  Shit I hate to do is clean weapons.  Unit buddy took his M16A1 into the shower to clean it much to the disapproval of the rest of the team.  However, attitudes changed upon inspection .
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
try to have 2 or 3 big mugs of coffee before starting the day
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you have expired meat or something else that will sit in your garbage can and stink after a couple days, I tend to throw it in the freezer until garbage day.
View Quote

I keep an old paper coffee cup (like those from Starbucks) or paper soup bowl from the grocery store's deli section,
in the freezer, to collect all of the fatty run-off from cooking (, except for bacon grease;-) for eventual disposal.

When it's full, pull the cap off and drop the cup of frozen fat in the compost & yardwaste bin, when it goes out to the curb on Monday night.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm feeling some serious homo over this suggestion....  Shit I hate to do is clean weapons.  Unit buddy took his M16A1 into the shower to clean it much to the disapproval of the rest of the team.  However, attitudes changed upon inspection .
View Quote

It's a horrible idea. You're getting toxic chemicals and lead in your dishes and into your body.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same but not all washers fill with the door open.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually just rinse it off in the water coming into the washer before closing the lid.

Same but not all washers fill with the door open.

My top loading wash machine is too new to allow doing that, so I put a pair of 2 way Garden Hose Splitter with on/off valves on the faucet feeding the wash machine, with a short hose and nozzle to rinse the cup off and into the washer's tub. That in place, and I can draw some warm to hot water for filling carwash buckets, etc.

While discussing wash machines, always get a top loader: They don't have door seals that fail and leak.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go to bed wearing the clothes you plan to wear the next day including shoes.
View Quote

My son did that when he was little.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can also cut them off two at a time and make ergonomic disposable testicle hammocks.
View Quote

Wife just yelled at me for waking her up in bed because I was laughing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The 6 "Ps"
Proper
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
View Quote

Seven Ps
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quality over quantity.

Two is one, one is none, and three is usually just a waste.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My mother does this.  I would NEVER do it for the kitchen bag...too big a chance for a leak to make the other bags in the bottom nasty.  It happens, and has happened to me plenty.  
For trash cans that typically don't have liquids, it's fine...living room, bathrooms, laundry, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep the garbage bags in the can

My mother does this.  I would NEVER do it for the kitchen bag...too big a chance for a leak to make the other bags in the bottom nasty.  It happens, and has happened to me plenty.  
For trash cans that typically don't have liquids, it's fine...living room, bathrooms, laundry, etc...
Why are you people putting liquids in the kitchen trashcan? There is a sink right there!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why are you people putting liquids in the kitchen trashcan? There is a sink right there!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep the garbage bags in the can

Shit happens.  Drippings from meat packaging, wet cat/dog food, canned food, soda cans, beer cans/bottles, food that went bad, extra condiments from restaurants in those little plastic cups...the lids might pop off in the trash, etc, etc...

Don't act like no liquids ever touch a kitchen trash can...
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seven Ps
View Quote

"prior planning" is redundant. You can't plan if it isn't prior.

Proper
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Feeling guilty for letting your kids watch TV and not read more?  Put it on mute with the closed captioning on and bam they are reading now.
View Quote
Hahah, lmao
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When installing the buffer detent pin and spring in an AR, place the lower in a garbage bag while doing it.
View Quote

Before installing it, tap the hole so you only have to do it once.
( Kit I bought from @ErikO )
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Organize your tools.   And put them back when you're done with them.
View Quote

Agreed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ya know how something goofs up with the DVD player or cable TV tuner box/DVR, you are down on the floor looking at this mess of cables and electrical cords/plugs as they plug into a surge protector.

Take multi-colored zip ties to the cords.

For example, the cord for the Blu Ray/DVD gets a blue zip tie near the back of the machine  and another blue zip tie down near the plug.

The TV gets green zip ties..same thing....close to the back of the TV and then down near the plug.

I cut off the excess zip tie to trie to make it neater looking.
View Quote

I use the plastic tabs, and write on them with a Sharpie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Organize your shit! I got a tool chest for my edc gear and spent a few days organizing. The initial outlay was more than worth it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/CB5D36B0-5932-4640-B610-CB1544B50F33_jpe-1918133.JPG
View Quote

I bought one of those for my desktop stuff. Pens, scissors, envelopes, small screwdrivers, etc.
Silverware dividers to keep stuff sorted.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Pee in the sink. Less splash.

Stand on tip toes at the end of the stream to get another few drops out.

After boiling hotdogs, use the water to make ice cubes and drop them in peoples glasses you don't like.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hope I never get that desperate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pop into a hotel lobby for a quick free Stolen  breakfast.

That won't work everywhere, particularly in Europe. Last few hotels I stayed at had a list of names+room numbers that they checked when you walked into the dining area.

I hope I never get that desperate

Lol, one of my field guys used to come in with coffee from the hotel down the street... every... single... morning
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My top loading wash machine is too new to allow doing that, so I put a pair of 2 way Garden Hose Splitter with on/off valves on the faucet feeding the wash machine, with a short hose and nozzle to rinse the cup off and into the washer's tub. That in place, and I can draw some warm to hot water for filling carwash buckets, etc.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12179/8BD35D9F-DC38-47AF-92B3-FDC4D36990A9-1919248.jpg

While discussing wash machines, always get a top loader: They don't have door seals that fail and leak.
View Quote

I have those on my washer hook ups for.....two washers. It's seriously awesome having two washing machines. All my wife's nice office clothes go in "her" machine and all my dirty work clothes along with anything else that extra dirty or gross go in "my" washing machine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Just say "fuck it".
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have those on my washer hook ups for.....two washers. It's seriously awesome having two washing machines. All my wife's nice office clothes go in "her" machine and all my dirty work clothes along with anything else that extra dirty or gross go in "my" washing machine.
View Quote

Nice!

There are times when having two dryers would've more than just helpful
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When you order a burger from a fast food place, always ask for no pickles...then you will know they made you a fresh burger...
View Quote

Or most likely took a stale one and peeled the pickles off of it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#24]
A couple of car ones:

Get one of those pet-cock keys and keep it in the car.  You can get water from any spicket at any business.  I probably wouldn't drink it but it's handy anyway.

Tape a spare key behind your rear license plate (i wrap it in plastic first).  Then if you lock yourself out- all you need is a screwdriver.

For a motorcycle, don't put all four screw into the plate frame.  On that last hole use the biggest teflon cable tie that will fit.  Not a lot of plate thieves come prepared with cutters.

If you have a flat tire, and you can't get the old tire off after you've removed the lug nuts (frozen to the disc), use the spare tire as a battering ram to whack it a couple times.  You want mass to break it free and usually the spare carries said mass.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tape a spare key behind your rear license plate (i wrap it in plastic first).  Then if you lock yourself out- all you need is a screwdriver.
View Quote

I used to put a spare key behind my license plate, but I ran one of the screws through the hole. No chance of it coming loose that way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I used to put a spare key behind my license plate, but I ran one of the screws through the hole. No chance of it coming loose that way.
View Quote

Excellent idea. Also, your avatar is kind of depressing. Sorry about your car.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Excellent idea. Also, your avatar is kind of depressing. Sorry about your car.
View Quote

Thanks. Here's the car from the drunk/druggie who hit me;

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pee in the sink. Less splash.

Stand on tip toes at the end of the stream to get another few drops out.

After boiling hotdogs, use the water to make ice cubes and drop them in peoples glasses you don't like.
View Quote

While boiling hot dogs, place a wire rack over the pan and steam your buns.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Instead of using a dish to eat off of, and having to deal with that mess later, use a paper towel, folding it in half for messier things, and eating it over the sink.

You can just throw out the paper towel and wash the gunk and your fingers off all at the same time.

Also pro-tip:  You can eat right out of the container, over the sink for extra efficiency.
View Quote

If you are in a rush I can understand this but if the only reason you are doing it is not to make a mess you either have issues or you might have to reevaluate life.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Prob wouldn't apply to many but I put a little magnet on the exhaust pipe of the pellet stove for the utility knife. It keeps it out of reach of my little one, doesn't slide off back behind the stove when I open the top to clean, and I dont have to open the blade everytime I use it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145358/20210424_192837_jpg-1917858.JPG
View Quote

For what it's worth, most strong magnets get weak with heat.  The higher the temperature, the faster it happens.  I'm surprised your magnet has enough power left to hold anything being stuck to a stove exhaust.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or, just slip the spare door key in your wallet.  No screwdriver needed, and my wallet never leaves my pants
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you're assembling a bike for your kid or for yourself and trying to get the rubber grips on the handlebars, spray the bar with hairspray. The grips will slide right on and the hairspray will lock the grips in place after drying.

View Quote

WD-40 works even better. No kidding.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Stop sweatin shit.  

Just live your life carefree.

I'm on the verge of ordering rainbow leopard print crocs. Only reason I'm not is because they're $55. I can't justify it.
Why would I order them and wear them?  Because my kids think they're awesome, and when they smile, I smile.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or, just slip the spare door key in your wallet.  No screwdriver needed, and my wallet never leaves my pants
View Quote

except if you lose it or drop it... then the finder has your ID, address, and a key to get in
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Cut toxic people out of your life, thats the best life hack there is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Stop sweatin shit.  

Just live your life carefree.

I'm on the verge of ordering rainbow leopard print crocs. Only reason I'm not is because they're $55. I can't justify it.
Why would I order them and wear them?  Because my kids think they're awesome, and when they smile, I smile.
View Quote

Probably one of the best life hacks I've ever read.

Fuck 'em if they don't like rainbow leopard print crocs.

Incidentally that officially makes you a tough guy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

except if you lose it or drop it... then the finder has your ID, address, and a key to get in
View Quote

The chances of me dropping my wallet are about the same as someone stealing license plates...who will also find the key behind the tag. Registration/insurance card in the glovebox has your address on it too.  

And the key will only get you in...no difference in that and some scumbag thief breaking a window to get in.  Still can't drive off with a door key.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Make several resumes that are variations of your own with similar qualifications.
Apply to a job online with your legit resume, use the fake ones days apart. Obviously use a fake name, email, google voice +VPN for the fake resumes.
Schedule interviews.
The fake resumes you submitted will be no shows during the scheduled interviews, and you'll look a lot better at the interview.
This will work better if the fake interviews are scheduled before your own.

Unethical yeah, but shit dude you have to make a living.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

WD-40 works even better. No kidding.
View Quote

I use spray paint found that to be the best.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Dash1b

When my brother, who hunts a fuck-ton of pheasant, ducks and geese, said he cleaned his Beretta shotguns in the dishwasher, my inner grandpa almost came out and smacked his whore mouth.

But I washed an XD and my range .22 for Carry Classes (Ruger MK3) in the dishwasher a few weeks later as a test.
I pulled them out after drying and inspected thoroughly for rust, water, etc.  Nothing.  Not a spec of dirt.  Not a spot of rust.  Not a drop of water.

Game Changer.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A couple of car ones:

Get one of those pet-cock keys and keep it in the car.  You can get water from any spicket at any business.  I probably wouldn't drink it but it's handy anyway.

For a motorcycle, don't put all four screw into the plate frame.  On that last hole use the biggest teflon cable tie that will fit.  Not a lot of plate thieves come prepared with cutters.

If you have a flat tire, and you can't get the old tire off after you've removed the lug nuts (frozen to the disc), use the spare tire as a battering ram to whack it a couple times.  You want mass to break it free and usually the spare carries said mass.
View Quote

I wouldn’t throw that spare key behind the plate.  We’ve twice had our plates stolen by car thieves who used them to put on said stolen Vehichle.  Even if its just the metal cut key without the chip on a newer you’ve given them access to the inside they likely wouldn’t have had.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's simplistic, but when I get out of my work clothes every night, I take the socks and underwear I plan on wearing out of the drawer, and put them on the bathroom floor with my work belt, keys, and work knife.  At 330 in the morning, it makes for faster dressing without disturbing the wife hunting things down.
View Quote

The night before, I have my gym bag and work clothes already in the car (in winter, work bag with lunch is in there too. Free refrigeration!), gym clothes are on the bench in the walk-in closet. Get up at 0345 and dont disturb the wife. Plus, I always know I am ready to hit the road within 8-10 minutes from wake up and dont have to hunt anything down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same. I make it clear to my employees and boss that I will not attend a meeting unless it is truly 100% necessary. Also, I want a set agenda and time limit on any meetings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To the best of my ability, I skip/refuse to hold meetings at work. They are simply a massive waste of time that always make me want to bash my face into the wall. They profit me not at all, so I gain a ton of time back by not my own meetings, and largely skipping other people's meetings.

Same. I make it clear to my employees and boss that I will not attend a meeting unless it is truly 100% necessary. Also, I want a set agenda and time limit on any meetings.

No agenda no attenda!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I wank it with my left hand so my brain thinks it's somebody else doing it
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stupid thing my wife hates, but I hate messes more.
I throw the laundry detergent cup in with the wash every time.  It doesn't get all messed up with drips, etc.
Keeps the cabinet above the washer from having tacky detergent on it.

I wash almost all of my handguns in the dishwasher.  Gets em spotless.  Never had a rust issue.
View Quote

I was with you until this one
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That won't work everywhere, particularly in Europe. Last few hotels I stayed at had a list of names+room numbers that they checked when you walked into the dining area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pop into a hotel lobby for a quick free breakfast.

Not to mention it's fucking stealing.  Some people just absolutely fucking suck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you wear wired earbud headphones a lot, make a basic knot in the middle of the left or right side wire.
That way every time you grab your headphones, you can feel for the knot and not have to squint to look for the R or L. Or put the wrong side in first.
View Quote

What am I missing here?  Why does it make any difference which side goes in which ear?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What am I missing here?  Why does it make any difference which side goes in which ear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you wear wired earbud headphones a lot, make a basic knot in the middle of the left or right side wire.
That way every time you grab your headphones, you can feel for the knot and not have to squint to look for the R or L. Or put the wrong side in first.

Have you ever looked at a pair of earbuds? They're not identical. Often they're shaped opposite each other to fit into your ear more snugly. Think like a left hand and a right hand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I avoid speaking to my ex-wife if possible.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I avoid speaking to my ex-wife if possible.
View Quote

Word.

I haven't spoken with mine since 1990, it's made life so much easier!

Now if I can just avoid talking to #2......
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top