Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What happened to him?
View Quote

Byford Dolphin decompression accident.  Diving chamber accidently vented from 9 atm to ambient in a few seconds while trying to dock a diving bell.  He was caught in the middle of closing a hatch that was slightly tilted and jammed and his body was forced through the narrow crack shreading it.  His parts were found all over the oil rig deck includung one part 30ft above the deck.  The other men in the chamber were intact but all the fat in their blood solidified suddenly.  Diving bell itself went flying killing one man on deck and severely wounding another.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Watch the trash compactor scene in Star Wars.
View Quote

“One things for sure...We’re all going to get a lot thinner!”
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure it wouldn't be pleasant in any case.  If you're lucky it would be quick.  But not guaranteed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Back when I was getting hard hat certified, the guy who was holding the classes was an ex-Navy Master Diver.

He told us that if you are down 100' and the air hose gets cut or ruptured the difference in pressure would suck you up and squeeze you into the helmet.

People Don't Think Pressure Differences Be Like It Is - But It Do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995/09/25/bullet-in-the-brain

This short story is what made me completely rethink how the brain works at death, to the point that we had a weird mission in Iraq where things didn't add up and it took a few hours before I was convinced shit didn't go south for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that would concern me about death, even an instantaneous one, is that the electrical impulses in the brain are near speed-of-light, so the malfunctions caused by death would feel like eternity to many.
Your brain isn't a copper wire.   Neurons are relatively slow.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995/09/25/bullet-in-the-brain

This short story is what made me completely rethink how the brain works at death, to the point that we had a weird mission in Iraq where things didn't add up and it took a few hours before I was convinced shit didn't go south for me.
Just go smoke some DMT and quit posting new Yorker articles.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top