Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And how are you going to know these things? What else can or can't they do on their own time?
You start asking me questions about that shit I'll walk out. It's none of your business.
BTW asking those questions in an interview isn't legal and can get your ass into hot water if the applicant wanted to be a prick.
View Quote
I'm well aware of what questions are or aren't legal in hiring. If you think those get in the way, you're naive.

I was just in Home Depot. They have an Always Hiring sign in the window. They also have a sign that says if you can't pass a drug test, don't bother applying.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does it make your high IQ drop?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP asks what's keeping me from marijuana.  The answer is simple... my IQ is too high.
Does it make your high IQ drop?
pot has a slight long term degradation of cognitive abilities. this might be so slight for some that it doesnt matter. its not like having 2 or 3 beers, feeling a bit tipsy but the next day you are fine. it ever so slightly degrades your ability to concentrate.

also, inhaling any kind of smoke cant be good for you.

and finally, its what i call a sideways drug, it doesnt produce euphoria and any drug worth its salt does (alcohol included). many folks will take anything that changes there perspective of reality. pot does that and not much else.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Waste of my time, money, and it smells bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's right. I don't drink. And the only med I take is Claritin, not prescribed by a doctor.

I'm not saying you guys can't partake in your pot, sorry, medical cannabis. Or alcohol. Or whatever. I think all medications ought to be over the counter. Well, except antibiotics. Take the doctor out of it.

But I don't have to hire those people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool. So you don't drink or take doctor prescribed medications?
That's right. I don't drink. And the only med I take is Claritin, not prescribed by a doctor.

I'm not saying you guys can't partake in your pot, sorry, medical cannabis. Or alcohol. Or whatever. I think all medications ought to be over the counter. Well, except antibiotics. Take the doctor out of it.

But I don't have to hire those people.
Cool. By your standards, we'll never successfully fight another war again as the majority of the guys I've served with for the last 21 years drink quite a bit.

And we we trust them with rifles, grenades, mortars, tanks, F22's, submarines, ships, satellite systems, etc.

If they wouldn't get kicked out for it, the majority of them would smoke weed as it would be much easier to PT at 0500 after hitting the bong a few times the night before versus beers the night before. But continue with your "Drinkers won't work for me and reefer madness!" shit...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm well aware of what questions are or aren't legal in hiring. If you think those get in the way, you're naive.

I was just in Home Depot. They have an Always Hiring sign in the window. They also have a sign that says if you can't pass a drug test, don't bother applying.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how are you going to know these things? What else can or can't they do on their own time?
You start asking me questions about that shit I'll walk out. It's none of your business.
BTW asking those questions in an interview isn't legal and can get your ass into hot water if the applicant wanted to be a prick.

Judging by your answer I'm guessing you don't know what you can talk about in a interview. It's got nothing to do with drug testing.
For the most part anything that is legal that I may or may not do is off limits as far as interview questions go. In a lot of states you can't run a background or credit check prior to a job offer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool. By your standards, we'll never successfully fight another war again as the majority of the guys I've served with for the last 21 years drink quite a bit.

And we we trust them with rifles, grenades, mortars, tanks, F22's, submarines, ships, satellite systems, etc.

If they wouldn't get kicked out for it, the majority of them would smoke weed as it would be much easier to PT at 0500 after hitting the bong a few times the night before versus beers the night before. But continue with your "Drinkers won't work for me and reefer madness!" shit...
View Quote
Like I said in my earliest post, those of you who have to take some substance to unwind will never understand those of us who don't. I'm sure you could argue the opposite is true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Like I said in my earliest post, those of you who have to take some substance to unwind will never understand those of us who don't. I'm sure you could argue the opposite is true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. That freedom thing is foreign to you. I've got no problem with you not drinking, but you have no problem passing judgement on those that do.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If they wouldn't get kicked out for it, the majority of them would smoke weed as it would be much easier to PT at 0500 after hitting the bong a few times the night before versus beers the night before.
View Quote
god.  the worst feeling in the world, being hungover as fuck having to do pt.  being brutally smoked till you stopped sweating vodka... *shudder*.  the memories haha

I'd kill to replace the booze of those late night barracks parties with a bit of weed.  we'd certainly be well rested the following morning.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Judging by your answer I'm guessing you don't know what you can talk about in a interview. It's got nothing to do with drug testing.
For the most part anything that is legal that I may or may not do is off limits as far as interview questions go. In a lot of states you can't run a background or credit check prior to a job offer.
View Quote
Not all of us work in the mile high state of Colorado. So, I can run a background and credit check. And yes, I know the questions.

https://laborcommission.utah.gov/media/pdfs/uald/pubs/LC%20preEmployment%20Guide%20

Page 4.

We handle controlled substances at work, and you get a criminal background check before you're hired.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
god.  the worst feeling in the world, being hungover as fuck having to do pt.  being brutally smoked till you stopped sweating vodka... *shudder*.  the memories haha

I'd kill to replace the booze of those late night barracks parties with a bit of weed.  we'd certainly be well rested the following morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they wouldn't get kicked out for it, the majority of them would smoke weed as it would be much easier to PT at 0500 after hitting the bong a few times the night before versus beers the night before.

Dry heaving after you have already puked everything up while the SSgt new the score and continued to PT the fuck out of you. If you told me we could smoke a few bowls and hang out and then go to bed instead, I'd have been on that like white on rice.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not all of us require ingestion of a substance to unwind. Those of you who do are unlikely to ever understand this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never been much of a drinker.  sure I love a finger or two of a good scotch every once in a while, but that's about it.  honestly, I'd like a way to relax after a rough day that I can get into occasionally.  copious amounts of booze just isn't my bag, baby.

I'd be interested in cannabis, but the thing that prevents it is employer standards and the whole pesky 4473 thing.  aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

i hope it gets legalized and regulated to the same standards as booze.  not everybody is a drinker, yet EVERYONE needs to unwind some times.
Not all of us require ingestion of a substance to unwind. Those of you who do are unlikely to ever understand this.
Do you take this holier than thou tone with caffeine addicts too?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing keeps me from partaking.  I just not into that shit.  I don't need any shit to get me high, drunk, stoned just to cope.  Seems to be the thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Right. That freedom thing is foreign to you. I've got no problem with you not drinking, but you have no problem passing judgement on those that do.
View Quote
Oh no. You've accused me of being judgmental. Now I'm supposed to feel bad and backtrack. Um, no.

We all make judgments every day. It's ludicrous to think otherwise. You're welcome to judge me however you want too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I bet you don't see the irony of the part in bold.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not all of us work in the mile high state of Colorado. So, I can run a background and credit check. And yes, I know the questions.

https://laborcommission.utah.gov/media/pdfs/uald/pubs/LC%20preEmployment%20Guide%20

Page 4.

We handle controlled substances at work, and you get a criminal background check before you're hired.
View Quote
How are you going to ask me if I'm on any prescription meds or consume alcohol and stay within the rules?
I'm genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope. Unless they're drinking 4Loko, it doesn't impair their judgment, cause care crashes, contribute to crimes or cause broken homes.

That's why DUC isn't against the law and DUI is.

This has been a lovely conversation and all that. But it's played out. I'm sure none of you want to work for me, so enjoy your evening.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh no. You've accused me of being judgmental. Now I'm supposed to feel bad and backtrack. Um, no.

We all make judgments every day. It's ludicrous to think otherwise. You're welcome to judge me however you want too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, if drinking regularly was a disqualifier, we'd have one hell of a time fielding a military. Yet our military still puts ordinance on target, closes with and kills our enemies in ground combat, and projects power across the globe better than any other country on the planet. It should also be noted that a number of the people that made up the team that put men on the moon drank regularly. I guess your standards are just too damn good. But continue with your contrived bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never been much of a drinker.  sure I love a finger or two of a good scotch every once in a while, but that's about it.  honestly, I'd like a way to relax after a rough day that I can get into occasionally.  copious amounts of booze just isn't my bag, baby.

I'd be interested in cannabis, but the thing that prevents it is employer standards and the whole pesky 4473 thing.  aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

i hope it gets legalized and regulated to the same standards as booze.  not everybody is a drinker, yet EVERYONE needs to unwind some times.
I actually do find the "I can't possibly function without my morning coffee" types rather annoying.  If you like a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine, or even a joint, you do you.  But if you NEED any of those things, you have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't. I was referring to his holier than thou "I wouldn't hire someone who uses prescription meds or alcohol" comment.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What about for headaches
View Quote
Headaches are usually a sign that I am dehydrated and should hydrate more. I don't need drugs to fix that problem
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't. I was referring to his holier than thou "I wouldn't hire someone who uses prescription meds or alcohol" comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and Ventilator are taking him to task for his lack of respect for other people's freedom to smoke pot or drink, yet you don't seem to have a problem with government infringing on his freedom to hire, or not hire, whoever he wants.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Y'all have convinced me.

The instant it becomes legal I'm going to smoke a joint the size of a baby's arm.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You and Ventilator are taking him to task for his lack of respect for other people's freedom to smoke pot or drink, yet you don't seem to have a problem with government infringing on his freedom to hire, or not hire, whoever he wants.
View Quote
That topic is worthy of it's own thread.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Y'all have convinced me.

The instant it becomes legal I'm going to smoke a joint the size of a baby's arm.
View Quote
Not all at once you won't. Not the stuff they have today, or so they say.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Google “Cannabis-induced bipolar disorder”. I know someone with a nice professional career that came down with it and was self committed to a hospital for a month. Once get it, you have to live with it like the herp.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Never used it and never will use it. It’s detestable and repugnant. There are some things gentlemen do not do, and drugs like that are one of them. That said, it should not be illegal (particularly federally) because the government were not granted the powers to regulate it.

And this comes from a millennial, no less (God, I hate being part of that group), so there can be no boomer reefer madness criticism levelled here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Major hurt in this one. Why is it so hard to admit when you’re dependent on a substance?

ETA: My addictions are caffeine and nicotine. I shudder to think of going a day without either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#28]
No desire to do drugs, especially illegal ones.  Not necessarily saying I would never do it, but I won't seek it out.  I guess I'll find out if I ever just happen across it in a legal setting.  Pretty sure I won't smoke (why the fuck would anyone intentionally inhale the products of combustion?) but maybe I would eat a brownie or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Workplace drug testing and the current legal status.
View Quote
This, also never smoked and no plans to start.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps, but I'd say it boils down to this:  everyone wants to be a libertarian until it's time to do libertarian shit, i.e. respect the liberty of those who disagree with you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
tosh.o said on his show at some point ya gotta stop smoking pot, grow up and do coke like an adult
View Quote
Yeah I don’t really like coke either. I just like the way it smells
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#32]

And an employer that random drug screens.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Virtually every pot head I've ever known was a fucking moron and total loser.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Perhaps, but I'd say it boils down to this:  everyone wants to be a libertarian until it's time to do libertarian shit, i.e. respect the liberty of those who disagree with you.
View Quote
Liberty is for dirty inkys and people who put beans in chili.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't like the smell, it makes me nauseous.

Not much a fan of pot heads either because it's all they fucking talk about.
Plus I think I'm stupid enough as it is without that crap.

I can go down the street and legally purchase the stuff but have no need to do so.

BTW, the resaurant/pub that is very close to work is closing up Tuesday to become a retail pot shop.
I have been there 3 times in about 9 years so it really doesn't matter to me , but some coworkers that meet for a couple of beers after work are pissed
about it.

I guess the owner of the pub just made a business decision because he is laying off some 15 people so he can run a pot store with 3.

The approval rating of the legalization of pot here has dropped from 68% to 49% (that was on the news today) and I really don't give a shit about it.
It's a fight between the dealers and the .gov for weed business and it is looking like the dealers are winning.

Legalization may not last very long here as the tax money projected to be made by Trudeaux and his minions is not coming in by the truckload like they thought it would be.

LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Never used it and never will use it. It’s detestable and repugnant. There are some things gentlemen do not do, and drugs like that are one of them. That said, it should not be illegal (particularly federally) because the government were not granted the powers to regulate it.

And this comes from a millennial, no less (God, I hate being part of that group), so there can be no boomer reefer madness criticism levelled here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not a dumbass and don't use drugs besides caffeine.

If my life is that bad, I do something about it.
View Quote
Word.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Nothing, really, just don't bother.

Beer is cheap, I drink one occasionally. Meh.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Because I don't want to turn into a derelict stoner.  With tattoos.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Impairs cognitive ability. Reality is good enough as it is, no need to alter it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Kids, Aviation and 4473.

I like getting high though, but don't.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#42]
The "I don't like not being in control" crowd is funny. It's weed, not fucking bath salts. Nobody turned into a face eating zombie from smoking a bowl in the garage and melting into the couch and marathoning River Monsters.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because my life is good enough that I dont need to be drunk or high to enjoy it or the ones around me.
View Quote
I would say that I'm content with how my life is and I don't need to be drunk or high to enjoy life or the people around me.  I have better coping skills and dont need drugs or alcohol to be ok or feel better.

My neck is messed up though and I clench my jaw at night giving me tension headaches sometimes. I bet it would help if I went to bed high.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My nephew was a recreational weed user.
Last week he snapped and stabbed his ex boss.
Good luck.
View Quote
Well this didnt' take long.

Never heard of anyone getting drunk and beating their kids right?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#45]
The law.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait--hold on  now.  If we're talking about freedom: I'm not free to make judgements?  Because if I'm not free to not like shit, I'm not free.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:51:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Because I’m old and lost contact with all my connections from 40 yrs ago
Is Oaxacan or Columbian even a ‘thing’ anymore?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don’t care to smoke and edibles will fuck you up if you’re not careful, like 12 hours of hell.
View Quote
You are not supposed to eat the whole bag of gummy bears.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He can hire or not hire whoever he wants. My point is that it's retarded to make that call based on whether they drink regularly or not. And the reefer madness crap that so many people here spout is laughable. People have been drinking and smoking weed forever and yet some of them go on to be very productive members of society and some don't. It's like that really isn't a factor in their successes or failures. Weird.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't like the smell, it makes me nauseous.

Not much a fan of pot heads either because it's all they fucking talk about.
Plus I think I'm stupid enough as it is without that crap.

I can go down the street and legally purchase the stuff but have no need to do so.

BTW, the resaurant/pub that is very close to work is closing up Tuesday to become a retail pot shop.
I have been there 3 times in about 9 years so it really doesn't matter to me , but some coworkers that meet for a couple of beers after work are pissed
about it.

I guess the owner of the pub just made a business decision because he is laying off some 15 people so he can run a pot store with 3.

The approval rating of the legalization of pot here has dropped from 68% to 49% (that was on the news today) and I really don't give a shit about it.
It's a fight between the dealers and the .gov for weed business and it is looking like the dealers are winning.

Legalization may not last very long here as the tax money projected to be made by Trudeaux and his minions is not coming in by the truckload like they thought it would be.

LOL
View Quote
We've seen it go through cycles here.  Once the newness wore off, the pot stores started to thin out.  Now they say pot is cheap and there's too much product on the market to support so many stores.  The taxes aren't what they thought they would be either since so much of the money gets used up with compliance monitoring.  Most people don't care either way about it.  Those that smoked before still do and those that didn't, still don't.  Biggest difference is that it's decriminalized.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top