Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2023 2:26:44 PM EDT
I haven't opened the Christian Bible in a very long time. Many many decades. It's not something that I'm proud of. I've been turning to it more and more lately for comfort. It has definitely helped.

But the more I read, the more questions I have.

So I would really appreciate it if the good folks of GD would please educate me on what the 3rd Temple is. I've heard about it in passing over the last year, but with everything that's going on in Israel, I've been hearing about it more frequently.

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll tell you about it after they build it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that red heifer smoke I see?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Its my understanding the 3rd Temple will be the New Earth after the end of days
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The third temple is in the heart of believers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the reason most of the things people say about the arab-israeli conflict, on both sides, treating it like a real estate dispute or racial/cultural issue are bullshit.

Jews, Christians and Muslims all have prophecies tied to the same piece of land, where the 2nd temple the Romans destroyed stood and where the Dome of the Rock mosque stands today.

Plans for the third temple, rebuilt on the site are the real issue.

It's why you hear the term Al-Aqsa so often associated with Islamic terrorism, it means the temple mount.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus and his people are the new temple. Dispensationalists believe the Third Temple will be the palace of the antichrist so I'm not really sure why they want it to be built so badly, I guess that's why they made up the rapture so that they won't have to deal with all that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's the reason most of the things people say about the arab-israeli conflict, on both sides, treating it like a real estate dispute or racial/cultural issue are bullshit.

Jews, Christians and Muslims all have prophecies tied to the same piece of land, where the 2nd temple the Romans destroyed stood and where the Dome of the Rock mosque stands today.

Plans for the third temple, rebuilt on the site are the real issue.

It's why you hear the term Al-Aqsa so often associated with Islamic terrorism, it means the temple mount.
View Quote

Interesting....Do you know if Islam believes in the 3rd Temple as well? Or some variation of it.  I've read that that Tanakh, Torah, and Roman Catholic bibles all have the same prophecy at the same location. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Quoted:
Jesus and his people are the new temple. Dispensationalists believe the Third Temple will be the palace of the antichrist so I'm not really sure why they want it to be built so badly, I guess that's why they made up the rapture so that they won't have to deal with all that.
View Quote

You nailed it. This is exactly what I'm wanting to understand.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the true answer that sounds boring to people who believe in a Bible directed by Michael Bay.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting....Do you know if Islam believes in the 3rd Temple as well? Or some variation of it.  I've read that that Tanakh, Torah, and Roman Catholic bibles all have the same prophecy at the same location. I have no idea if that's true or not.

You nailed it. This is exactly what I'm wanting to understand.

View Quote

Most Muslims believe the temple mount is the place from which Mohammed ascended to heaven. The rock in the center of the Dome is supposed to be the place where Isaac was spared, Adam was created, and apparently the very beginning and center of creation, and also the foundation stone or altar stone of both Solomon's and the second temple for both Jews and Muslims.

Muslims believe that the Jews/Christians will destroy the Dome to build the third temple. The Dome itself is a denial of Christ's divinity, that's a major theme of the artwork, along with an affirmation of Jesus as a prophet.

There was a large mural of the rebuilt temple on the mount at one of the evangelical schools I attended in the 80's.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Most Muslims believe the temple mount is the place from which Mohammed ascended to heaven. The rock in the center of the Dome is supposed to be the place where Isaac was spared, Adam was created, and apparently the very beginning and center of creation, and also the foundation stone or altar stone of both Solomon's and the second temple for both Jews and Muslims.

Muslims believe that the Jews/Christians will destroy the Dome to build the third temple. The Dome itself is a denial of Christ's divinity, that's a major theme of the artwork, along with an affirmation of Jesus as a prophet.

There was a large mural of the rebuilt temple on the mount at one of the evangelical schools I attended in the 80's.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Following the death of Palpatine it's built by Luke SkyWalker to usher in an era of peace and prosperity for the new republic.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Temple OS
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
The Jewish Position:

The Third Temple is a hallmark of the Messianic Age (the period of time cap-stoning History, where the Messiah makes himself known and becomes King of the Human Race, rebuilds the Temple, causes wars to cease, etc)....but cannot be (re)built without Divine Intervention, as it must conform to both specific architectural requirements (sizes, positions, etc) that have been lost (nobody knows which definition of "cubit" is used, for instance, nor exactly where the Holy of Holies was positioned) AND purification/liturgical rites that aren't possible (Priestly lineages have been muddled, the materials for specific purification rituals are not available, etc).  If one thing is wrong, it's an Abomination (HaShem does not tolerate mistakes in those kinds of things), so the Jews are in a series of Catch-22s.

When the Second Temple was built, it was done with the assistance of 3 actual Prophets (Heggai, Zacharia, and Malachi), the Priesthood was intact, and the builders knew the exact position of the Altar (and thus the Holy of Holies), due to the rubble from the First Temple's destruction still being in place and recognizable.

Basically, God is required, in the Messianic Age (and as signs that the age has arrived, the Nation having proven itself worthy of the Messiah's coming) to Himself reestablish the House of David and the Temple in Jerusalem.  Neither can be done by Humans (as both require knowledge that has been lost to us, but not to God).

Jews are divided on whether animal sacrifices will resume in a Third Temple.

Note: for similar reasons, the Messiah being of the House of David isn't something we'll need documentation on......since, if he satisfies all the OTHER qualities of the Messiah, he's clearly God's Anointed and we can just take the David lineage bit as given.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Jewish Position:

The Third Temple is a hallmark of the Messianic Age (the period of time cap-stoning History, where the Messiah makes himself known and becomes King of the Human Race, rebuilds the Temple, causes wars to cease, etc)....but cannot be (re)built without Divine Intervention, as it must conform to both specific architectural requirements (sizes, positions, etc) that have been lost (nobody knows which definition of "cubit" is used, for instance, nor exactly where the Holy of Holies was positioned) AND purification/liturgical rites that aren't possible (Priestly lineages have been muddled, the materials for specific purification rituals are not available, etc).  If one thing is wrong, it's an Abomination (HaShem does not tolerate mistakes in those kinds of things), so the Jews are in a series of Catch-22s.

When the Second Temple was built, it was done with the assistance of 3 actual Prophets (Heggai, Zacharia, and Malachi), the Priesthood was intact, and the builders knew the exact position of the Altar (and thus the Holy of Holies), due to the rubble from the First Temple's destruction still being in place and recognizable.

Basically, God is required, in the Messianic Age (and as signs that the age has arrived, the Nation having proven itself worthy of the Messiah's coming) to Himself reestablish the House of David and the Temple in Jerusalem.  Neither can be done by Humans (as both require knowledge that has been lost to us, but not to God).

Jews are divided on whether animal sacrifices will resume in a Third Temple.
View Quote

to you as well.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagged for later thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Jews rejected their Messiah, Jesus.
The one they accept
will be the antichrist-the abomination of desolation whom will sit in the 3rd temple of god declaring himself as god. Then the Jews will know they were wrong and bow down and confess Jesus is Lord.
If/when we see construction on the 3rd. Temple then we know know the end has come (7 years).
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Its TempleOS, obviously.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Everything is basically based of a single vs. in Revelations 11.

In the end times, after the 5th trumpet is sounded, God instructs the narrator (whom is debatable, but the church says John) to go and measure the temple. The inference is that sometime before this, the Temple must be rebuilt in it's 3rd iteration. It's not really that complicated, but it doesn't outright say "the Third Temple will be rebuilt," either. Hey, that's 90% the Bible for you.

I find it hard to connect the dots of past events to most of what Revelation and Daniel specifically list off has occurred, but some people do, which is why there is debate. Anyone who says "it's Christ himself," or "it's the heart of the people," is really, really, really reaching for straws IMO.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everything is basically based of a single vs. in Revelations 11.

In the end times, after the 5th trumpet is sounded, God instructs the narrator (whom is debatable, but the church says John) to go and measure the temple. The inference is that sometime before this, the Temple must be rebuilt in it's 3rd iteration. It's not really that complicated, but it doesn't outright say "the Third Temple will be rebuilt," either. Hey, that's 90% the Bible for you.

I find it hard to connect the dots of past events to most of what Revelation and Daniel specifically list off has occurred, but some people do, which is why there is debate. Anyone who says "it's Christ himself," or "it's the heart of the people," is really, really, really reaching for straws IMO.

View Quote

There's actually a lot more to it than that.

People who argue for a physical third temple will point to Matthew 24, Mark 13, and 2 Thessalonians 2 as being future events, requiring a reconstructed temple.

People who (rightly) argue for God's people being the temple of God look back to Jeremiah 31 & Ezekiel 36 that says that, through the Messiah, every believer will be indwelt with the Holy Spirit.  That reality is repeated in 1 Peter 2 when Christians are referred to as living stones building the temple and by Paul in 1 Corinthians 6 when Paul directly said "do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you?"  And then, of course, there's the entire book of Hebrews.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

People who argue for a physical third temple will point to Matthew 24, Mark 13, and 2 Thessalonians 2 as being future events, requiring a reconstructed temple.

People who (rightly) argue for God's people being the temple of God look back to Jeremiah 31 & Ezekiel 36 that says that, through the Messiah, every believer will be indwelt with the Holy Spirit.  That reality is repeated in 1 Peter 2 when Christians are referred to as living stones building the temple and by Paul in 1 Corinthians 6 when Paul directly said "do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you?"  And then, of course, there's the entire book of Hebrews.
View Quote

There's really not more to it. Matt, Mark, etc. are all so vague it's just reaching for straws like I said. "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple (lower case): and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple." It's present tense. This is before it was destroyed, unless we're all really wrong.

Jews still call the buildings they worship in "Temple." It's inventing the meaning you want by taking a single word way out of context.

As for the others, we still have the sayings like "my body is my temple," etc. Like I said, the other interpretations are reallllllllyyyyyyy way out there, at least based on what's actually written in the Bible.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There's really not more to it. Matt, Mark, etc. are all so vague it's just reaching for straws like I said. "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple (lower case): and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple." It's present tense. This is before it was destroyed, unless we're all really wrong.

Jews still call the buildings they worship in "Temple." It's inventing the meaning you want by taking a single word way out of context.

As for the others, we still have the sayings like "my body is my temple," etc. Like I said, the other interpretations are reallllllllyyyyyyy way out there, at least based on what's actually written in the Bible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the confident ignorance that arfcom brings out of people.  You may want to actually read the passages I mentioned before writing them off as "too vauge".

And Jews refer to their buildings as temples?  Are you being serious right now?  That's laughably wrong.

In Matthew 24 & Mark 13 Jesus talks about the "the abomination that causes desolation" setting itself up in the temple.  In 2 Thessalonians 2 Paul talks about the "man of lawlessness" who "sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God."  The logic is that for this to happen, there needs to be another physical temple.  This argument isn't a new one, its been made since at least the first century.

And as for believers being the temple of the Holy Spirit, that's not a "saying", that's exactly what the Bible says.  You may want to familiarize yourself with it because right now you're about as mixed up as a football bat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Following the death of Palpatine it's built by Luke SkyWalker to usher in an era of peace and prosperity for the new republic.
View Quote

There will be no peace.

"Somehow" Palpatine Returned

Palpatine is not allowed to die.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
heres one documentary that really changed my views on the entire topic. its 2 pastors reading Bible scripture and reading the ancient historical account by roman era jewish historian josephus. super informative and game changing info. copy link below and hit open link and it pops right up. pretty much it just verifies using Bible that we all believe lies concearning the temple and the wars being fought over it. thats why its important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl05_49jZFY&list=PLz1kQkN_KUbyZjFTg-TWsCKDiV3BsEmue&index=3
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And Jews refer to their buildings as temples?  Are you being serious right now?  That's laughably wrong.
View Quote

Somebody better fill some Jews in.

https://www.jewfaq.org/synagogues_and_temples

https://www.jewishboston.com/read/whats-the-difference-between-a-temple-synagogue-and-a-shul/

https://daytonjewishobserver.org/?s=Temple

There’s 6 Jewish “temples” (actually have temple in their name) within about an hour of me.

You should stop laughing at anyone but yourself.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.jewishboston.com/read/whats-the-difference-between-a-temple-synagogue-and-a-shul/

There’s 6 Jewish “temples” (actually have temple in their name) within about an hour of me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should really be careful with google research. From your own link:

“A synagogue is a place of worship and study, and a "town hall"

“The Temple is the ancient center of Jewish worship where sacrifices were performed”

It’s amazing the things you learn when you study Judaism as a part of your formal education under actual Rabbis.

Like I did.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

“The Temple is the ancient center of Jewish worship where sacrifices were performed”

It’s amazing the things you learn when you study Judaism as a part of your formal education under actual Rabbis.

Like I did.
View Quote

You should really read a little further down those pages I linked.

Maybe I should correct the above and say you should actually read the links I posted. You evidently didn’t.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe I should correct the above and say you should actually read the links I posted. You evidently didn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I did.

I sure did. You googled something along the lines of temple and Jewish and posted a bunch of nonsense that I don’t feel like debunking line by line so I just started with your first one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I sure did. You googled something along the lines of temple and Jewish and posted a bunch of nonsense that I don’t feel like debunking line by line so I just started with your first one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because you can’t. Jews use “Temple” both in place of synagogue and in the names of houses of worship.

Again, you didn’t read shit. Especially the third link.

This statement:

Quoted:

And Jews refer to their buildings as temples?  Are you being serious right now?  That's laughably wrong..

Was fucking ignorant and wrong. I hope you didn’t shell out a bunch shekels for that formal education you got, because you got ripped off.

ETA: Click here and scroll around the map to make yourself less dumb.

There are Jewish temples spread all over this country. There’s even one (at least) in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Visit the Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors Center

I visited the Temple Mount earlier this year.  Israelis are preparing the items that will be needed when the 3rd Temple is rebuilt.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jews rejected their Messiah, Jesus.
The one they accept
will be the antichrist-the abomination of desolation whom will sit in the 3rd temple of god declaring himself as god. Then the Jews will know they were wrong and bow down and confess Jesus is Lord.
If/when we see construction on the 3rd. Temple then we know know the end has come (7 years).
View Quote

One of the hallmarks (listed in the OT) of the Messiah is that he causes wars to cease, and that all nations follow him.  Jews point out that Christ did not fulfill these hallmarks (which Christians reply to with "He will, on the Second Coming", which Jews reject as unscriptural), as the rest of the 1st Century was pretty bloody...and now we have all these tanks and aircraft carriers and a visible lack of a Messiah.

The Jews point out that the Messiah arriving, then dying, and then coming back supernaturally, several thousand years later, to fulfill the other hallmarks of the Messianic Age.....makes no sense at all, from a Torah/OT standpoint.  A "Start-Stop-Start-Again" Messianic Age makes no sense, Scripturally.

Us Christians hold that specific aspects of Christ's reign satisfy all the hallmarks of the Messianic Age.....but we are, admittedly, doing it from a Faith-based standpoint (Christ being God and Messiah both, he isn't held to any specific scriptural interpretation in how he fulfills prophetic requirements....which was the source of conflict with Second Temple Judaism), and wrote our own New Testament to explain that position.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eh.  Not really.

Reform (and, maybe, Reconstructionist) Jews call their synagogues "temples", as they reject the idea of a personal Messianic Age (read: the Messianic Age is entirely a state of Humanity, and there's no Messiah-as-an-individual), the rebuilding of a Temple, or the resumption of sacrifices.

Conservative Jews are kinda split on parts.  Orthodox Jews are all in on Messiah, the rebuilding of the Temple, and the resumption of (some kind of) sacrifices.  Neither Conservative nor Orthodox Jews call their synagogues "temples" (there's one Temple, currently "unavailable").
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Because you can’t. Jews use “Temple” both in place of synagogue and in the names of houses of worship.

Again, you didn’t read shit. Especially the third link.

This statement:

Was fucking ignorant and wrong. I hope you didn’t shell out a bunch speckles for that formal education you got, because you got ripped off.

ETA: Click here and scroll around the map to make yourself less dumb.

There are Jewish temples spread all over this country. There’s even one (at least) in Arkansas.
View Quote

You know, I'm kind of glad that you brought up your third link again because its a great demonstration of the confident ignorance people bring to threads here.

You googled temple and jewish, and like some simpleton you got all giddy when you saw the word "temple" used a couple of times, without once thinking about how the word is being used.

Take the synagouge in your third link, Temple Israel in Dayton Ohio.  They are a Reformed synagouge about an hour away from Hebrew Union in Cincinnati, that has a decent library if you're the reading sort.  But they're boring old books and not google, so probably not for you.

Anyway, as a Reformed Jewish Synagouge they're pretty progressive and not much for ceremony.  If you were to go there and say that their building was a temple, they would laugh the loudest.  Its a synagouge.  Look, I even took a screen shot of their sanctuary and circled the description they use for it so that even the simplest among us can see.

Your problem here is that you don't seem to understand the difference between proper nouns and normal old nouns.  

Another example, consider Temple Baptist Church

Now, if you know anything about Baptist theology or polity, you'd know that no Baptist would actually equate their building to the temple.  The word "temple" here is used as a proper noun that they picked because it sounded cool or for whatever reason they had when they started their church.  Notice that I referred to them as a church even though the word "temple" is in their name.  Thats because the noun "church", identifies what they actually are.  Just like the noun "synagouge" identifies what Temple Israel is.

So maybe you should figure out grammar before you start dipping into theology.

Maybe then you'll figure out the difference between a google search and actual knowledge.

ETA - and I looked at your list of jewish centers from your google search.  Thanks for leaving that up.  Maybe you should read past their names to the descriptions of those congregations and "make yourself less dumb."  I even circled the pertinent descriptors for the simple among us.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You know, I'm kind of glad that you brought up your third link again because its a great demonstration of the confident arrogance people bring to threads here.

You googled temple and jewish, and like some simpleton you got all giddy when you saw the word "temple" used a couple of times, without once thinking about how the word is being used.

Take the synagouge in your third link, Temple Israel in Dayton Ohio.  They are a Reformed synagouge about an hour away from Hebrew Union in Cincinnati, that has a decent library if you're the reading sort.  But they're boring old books and not google, so probably not for you.

Anyway, as a Reformed Jewish Synagouge they're pretty progressive and not much for ceremony.  If you were to go there and say that their building was a temple, they would laugh the loudest.  Its a synagouge.  Look, I even took a screen shot of their sanctuary and circled the description they use for it so that even the simplest among us can see.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266317/Temple_Israel_Sanctuary-2995676.jpg

Your problem here is that you don't seem to understand the difference between proper nouns and normal old nouns.  

Another example, consider Temple Baptist Church

https://deboracoty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/IMG_0695c-250x211.jpg

Now, if you know anything about Baptist theology or polity, you'd know that no Baptist would actually equate their building to the temple.  The word "temple" here is used as a proper noun that they picked because it sounded cool or for whatever reason they had when they started their church.  Notice that I referred to them as a church even though the word "temple" is in their name.  Thats because the noun "church", identifies what they actually are.  Just like the noun "synagouge" identifies what Temple Israel is.

So maybe you should figure out grammar before you start dipping into theology.

Maybe then you'll figure out the difference between a google search and actual knowledge.
View Quote

Yet they still use the term “temple” which you said they didn’t use. It is used to name and refer to going to their houses of worship.

You’ve posted proof against your own false statement and tried to twist things including using screenshots to prove you’re right. All you’re doing is doubling down on the dumb.

You seem hung up on the use of ”synagogue” when I never said that they didn’t use the term. I pointed out that you saying that Jews didn’t use “temple” as patently false. You’re trying to move the goalposts to make yourself right when all you’re doing is proving yourself more wrong.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yet they still use the term “temple” which you said they didn’t use. It is used to name and refer to going to their houses of worship.

View Quote

So is this what you're going to do?  Play semantic games now that you've been shown to be wrong without a shadow of doubt?  

Jews don't call their houses of worship "temples", they call them synagouges.

Just because the word "temple" might be found in a couple of names doesn't mean that they're temples, they're still synagouges.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So is this what you're going to do?  Play semantic games now that you've been shown to be wrong without a shadow of doubt?  

Just because the word "temple" might be found in a couple of names doesn't mean that they're temples, they're still synagouges.
View Quote

Semantic games? Uh, no. If they don’t call them “temples” they better take shit off their synagogues.

Some more reading.

Seem to be quite few folks there that use “temple” on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Semantic games? Uh, no. If they don’t call them “temples” they better take shit off their synagogues.

Some more reading.

Seem to be quite few folks there that use “temple” on a regular basis.
View Quote

Wow.  You graduated from google to reddit.  Stellar.  And here I am with just my many degrees.

Look, I get that your ego wants to try to salvage your argument, but at this point the only way to walk out of this with your head held high is to stop digging and admit that you're wrong.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wow.  You graduated from google to reddit.  Stellar.  And here I am with just my many degrees.

Look, I get that your ego wants to try to salvage your argument, but at this point the only way to walk out of this with your head held high is to stop digging and admit that you're wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Explain this and show me where I’m wrong.

Quoted:

None of what you’ve posted above proves me wrong.  Your own screen captures undermine your whole argument.

I’ve posted several links disproving your assertion. The only thing you’ve come back with is snide remarks, goalpost moving and retardation.

I got news for ya, bub. Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re smart. Look at our current president.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

None of what you’ve posted above proves me wrong.  Your own screen captures undermine your whole argument.

I’ve posted several links disproving your assertion. The only thing you’ve come back with is snide remarks, goalpost moving and retardation.

I got news for ya, bub. Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re smart. Look at our current president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I’m not playing GD games and going in circles with you.

I’ve clarified what I’ve said.

I’ve given you a basic grammar lesson on how names work.

I’ve even quoted and circled where your own links disprove your assertions.

I can’t understand it for you dude. Enjoy your willful ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol

Not even close.

I’ve posted several links from Jewish sources using “temple.”

Whether you like the Reddit link or not, there are still Jews on there using “temple” to describe their (insert whatever name you want).

Maybe you’ll like this link better.

I’ll toss one more in from the same website even though their format is odd.

The Jew in the Modern World: A Documentary Reader (Mendez-Flohr and Reinharz, Oxford Univ. Press. 1995. page 161). Linked in the discussion above, but you might miss it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
heres one documentary that really changed my views on the entire topic. its 2 pastors reading Bible scripture and reading the ancient historical account by roman era jewish historian josephus. super informative and game changing info. copy link below and hit open link and it pops right up. pretty much it just verifies using Bible that we all believe lies concearning the temple and the wars being fought over it. thats why its important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl05_49jZFY&list=PLz1kQkN_KUbyZjFTg-TWsCKDiV3BsEmue&index=3
View Quote

here's another:

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol

Not even close.

Whether you like the Reddit link or not, there are still Jews on there using “temple” to describe their (insert whatever name you want).

The Jew in the Modern World: A Documentary Reader (Mendez-Flohr and Reinharz, Oxford Univ. Press. 1995. page 161). Linked in the discussion above, but you might miss it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Not even close.

My man, you should probably start reading your own links before you cut and paste.

Because both of those links describe how Jews use the term temple as a proper noun, just like I explained it to you above.

Almost verbatim.

I mean, you’re even screwing up being a google expert at this point.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#44]
These folks are at the cutting edge of this issue. You can see some of the Temple items they have build, if you visit Jerusalem.

https://templeinstitute.org/

As an FYI to the "Temple" issue.  Yes, the Reform movement, which is fairly modern and mostly American, often calls their synagogues "Temples."  For the most part, no one else calls their synagogies that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
These folks are at the cutting edge of this issue. You can see some of the Temple items they have build, if you visit Jerusalem.

https://templeinstitute.org/

As an FYI to the "Temple" issue.  Yes, the Reform movement, which is fairly modern and mostly American, often calls their synagogues "Temples."  For the most part, no one else calls their synagogies that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Quoted:

Lol

So now you admit it.

You didn’t read any of that last set of links at all.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol

So now you admit it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31823/IMG_2712-2995858.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31823/IMG_2713-2995859.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

So now you admit it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31823/IMG_2712-2995858.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31823/IMG_2713-2995859.jpg

At this point you’ve got to be trolling. You’re literally quoting people saying the same thing I’ve said in this thread.

Notice how the poster you quoted says Reform uses the term temple as a “semi” proper noun.

Now go up to the middle of the page where I told you how proper nouns and nouns work with the example of Temple Israel synagogue in Dayton.

Maybe you’ll learn something.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Ok guys, stupid doesn’t sleep but I do.

Enjoy your google searches.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At this point you’ve got to be trolling. You’re literally quoting people saying the same thing I’ve said in this thread.

Notice how the poster you quoted says Reform uses the term temple as a “semi” proper noun.

Now go up to the middle of the page where I told you how proper nouns and nouns work with the example of Temple Israel synagogue in Dayton.

Maybe you’ll learn something.
View Quote

They use “temple” to refer to their synagogues. That’s it. There’s no more.

You said they didn’t use the term twice. They obviously do.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a semi-proper noun or proper noun. The term is still used and it used both ways.

I’ll post this link again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#50]
It's in memphis

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top