BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Should be chocolate chip on the reverse,
They were a pretty much dropping the idea ndc was useful by the time the 3 color  roll out was in full swing

Most reversible 3 color has been with m81
View Quote
I have a couple of reversible Gore-Tex parkas in the bunker. One is lightweight 3-color desert/night desert, and the other is more like a Gen 1 ECWCS parka with solid tan/night desert.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve noticed the original parkas are almost unobtainium in sizes Lg and XL, while mediums and smalls are everywhere. What’s the sizing like in these (with liner). I went in the army at 17, I think I was 5’7” and 145 lbs, when I got out at 25 I was 5’9” and 170, I think my jacket suse at that point was still a 40 or a 42 and I could wear medium BDU’s. Thirty years later I’m in XL/46 territory.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah we are late to the party, if you wanna be a successful gear queer now days you have to be a manlet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Kuiu Verde 2.0
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’ve noticed the original parkas are almost unobtainium in sizes Lg and XL, while mediums and smalls are everywhere. What’s the sizing like in these (with liner). I went in the army at 17, I think I was 5’7” and 145 lbs, when I got out at 25 I was 5’9” and 170, I think my jacket suse at that point was still a 40 or a 42 and I could wear medium BDU’s. Thirty years later I’m in XL/46 territory.
View Quote

They're oversized to fit over your BDUs but not that oversized- you'll definitely want an XL if you think you may want to wear it with the liner, you may or may not be able to get away with a large without the liner and just a t shirt.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tiger Stripe for the win.
View Quote

This ! ?? Woodland 2nd .????
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Reduced light version of "break up" pattern.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]

/thread
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Not the best timing,
A metric fuckton of them just got dumped out of a warlock warehouse somewhere and flooded (to the extent a  one war clothing article can flood) the market right

Along with the insanely priced new production stuff off this last run of cordura/nyco/poly cot
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got a set in the collection, but I'd reeeally like to find a way to convert the parka into a normal style parka vs. the wonky fishtail configuration.
View Quote

You're local to me right?
It wouldn't be the first one I've un fishtailed
I'm outta raid mod components right now though
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a couple of reversible Gore-Tex parkas in the bunker. One is lightweight 3-color desert/night desert, and the other is more like a Gen 1 ECWCS parka with solid tan/night desert.
View Quote

Yea, theres was definitly a lot of interesting reversible stuff going on at the time, without digging through a bunch of stuff I --think-- most of the 6 color/dnc was in nyco or heavier equivilant, whereas the primary focus of the "newer" gortex and other non rubberized tech fabrics was 3 color and or woodland,

The solid tan is one I havent seen, but there is also quite a bit of stuff floating around from the ods-early gwot era that was in house/cots/or local production for various small groups.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a few sets of the whoretex reversible parkas and some pants,  as well as a few of the regular parkas and some of those pants as well

AT and LCD brands IIRC
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:02:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Czech rain pattern looks similar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd really dig a casual hoodie out of that pattern...

https://moeguns.com/desert-night-camo-hoodie/

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yea, theres was definitly a lot of interesting reversible stuff going on at the time, without digging through a bunch of stuff I --think-- most of the 6 color/dnc was in nyco or heavier equivilant, whereas the primary focus of the "newer" gortex and other non rubberized tech fabrics was 3 color and or woodland,

The solid tan is one I havent seen, but there is also quite a bit of stuff floating around from the ods-early gwot era that was in house/cots/or local production for various small groups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the 3-color desert/night desert is from Adventure Tech but I couldn't find a tag with a quick search. The tan/night desert is from Raven, which doesn't ring any bells at all.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#17]

I see your splinter..  and raise you some erbsenmuster...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I tried to get issued some of that but my supply hook-up wouldn't budge off his supply. Something about giving it to those who would benefit from having it or some shit like that.

Anyhoo, I have a jumpsuit made with True Timber Springtime camo that has brown and green leaf structure in it. It works like a champ in the bottom land of the  south, my son told me several time I just disappear into the foliage when wearing it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
https://camohq.com/collections/american-military-night-camo

Found this crazy page. No clue how nice items are.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think the 3-color desert/night desert is from Adventure Tech but I couldn't find a tag with a quick search. The tan/night desert is from Raven, which doesn't ring any bells at all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/img_1549-2017986.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/img_1550-2017987.jpg
View Quote

Adventure tech and log cabin designs. Raven is also an early  goretex jacket  maker,  some of the earlier  woodland ones have their labels
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Adventure tech and log cabin designs. Raven is also an early  goretex jacket  maker,  some of the earlier  woodland ones have their labels
View Quote

Raven started out making weather balloons and parachute components for dod in the 60s iirc,
In the interim they have seriously diversified to everything from engineering consulting to agriculture.
One of their lines was early insulated/technical clothing, and that along with their manufacturing capability and history with dod lead them into the initial ecws program.

The tan one was a sof item, and both they and adventure tech did quite a few various reversible gortex type items in small runs for sof, both marked and sterilized.

Fun fact, the initial ecws/gortex parka was a marmot commercial design, and the test and sample units were produced by marmot directly in collaboration with gore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I normally wear XL shirts.  A medium parka is a little tight in the chest, but otherwise fits me just fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Old school BDUs still work great in the forest of Washington. My go to are faded flame resistant OCPs.. blends well in the desert.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Where did you get it?
View Quote

@mcantu
A few years ago from TAG, for maybe ($40+/-) unfortunately these are no longer available there. I was surprised to see them on eBay for $300+ now.
It's the AdventureTech DNC/3 color desert reversible in XL.
https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#27]

The grid pattern seems much too large on all of their items. More of an homage than an accurate representation?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Why isn't the pc and sundries in ndc/3cd?

A nice battle belt would really set that off

And maybe some sweet boots to go with it

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@mcantu
A few years ago from TAG, for maybe ($40+/-) unfortunately these are no longer available there. I was surprised to see them on eBay for $300+ now.
It's the AdventureTech DNC/3 color desert reversible in XL.
https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/
View Quote

in that case I need to offload a few of mine
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I see your splinter..  and raise you some erbsenmuster...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/7785/sateen_dot_fabric_jpg-2019356.JPG
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I agree with the OP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Sitting on a gold mine
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#35]
New Old Stock, With Tags!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wish that thread topic style would become obsolete
View Quote

Why? Lots of tards lead kickass lives

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I still have my set from Desert Shield/Storm. Never wore the pants, just the parka, with field jacket liner added. Not sure where the pants are now.

I also have a set or two of the Night Desert 3 Color reversable GORTEX laying around somewhere in extra small child size. Not sure how I got those. Ah, now i remember, supply guy had a box of them and told people to take them and give them to their kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#39]
wanna sell one of those to a brother to the west?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Intelligent first post
View Quote

Cadpat forest is good, flecktarn and MC Tropical round it out. I use some various winter camo patterns to for the off season.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Found my Jacket from GW1

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks like he's got on a fleece jacket under it and possibly a plate carrier (horizontal line barely visible above the green strap).  Dude looks muscular as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. He/you is fatter than me!

Looks like he's got on a fleece jacket under it and possibly a plate carrier (horizontal line barely visible above the green strap).  Dude looks muscular as well.

Hell yeah bruh. Even his chins are swole!  

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I have 2 sets of the night desert camp from Desert Storm. With the liner in the jacket, they are pretty warm in the winter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Looks like blocky ATACS to me.

I've got one of these hoodies from moeguns.com, and it's pretty dope.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Digicam sucks.  Analog FTW.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Deer blowjob pattern?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Looks like blocky ATACS to me.

I've got one of these hoodies from moeguns.com, and it's pretty dope.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-7rn2kv4eyb/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/523/4213/IMG_86332__89760.1592184761.jpg?c=1
View Quote
@CornfieldCong how does the sizing run? site says to order a size up, do they run a bit small? I am hesitant to order a 2x.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top