Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This is truth. GD typifies a segment of the population that are below average IQ, illiterate, and hateful to those who disagree with them on even the tiniest little detail. Add to the fact that most of GD are working class slobs with little education who have never accomplished anything in their lives other than ever-increasing post counts on this forum which they think is really something and should garner them praise and adulation. People who muddle their way through life and never do anything are always jealous of those who do and if that doesn't typify the losers here on GD I don't know what does.

https://img.memecdn.com/erb-we-got-a-badass-over-here_o_3401005.gif

Based on years of observing what goes on in GD, I would say that he is right that we have A FEW here like that - i.e., uneducated mouthbreathing slobs who want to live in an echo chamber and go off the deep end if they think anyone disagrees with them on anything, even in the smallest ways.  However, it is only a very small percentage of our membership (although you might think otherwise sometimes because of how loud they tend to be when they are gassing off).  If you encounter those idiots then yeah, you might get a bad impression of this place, until you learn to see past them.

Contrary to what he says, though, I have always been impressed by the fact that we have a LARGE percentage of people here who are obviously intelligent and well educated, often in professional occupations, who make very worthwhile contributions to our forum.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I could go either way with him.  Don't hate him per SE but I do understand why people would after bumpstock bullshit.  I don't even really care for bump stocks but we're supposed to be united under the umbrella message of"not one more inch" when it comes to gun control. He's united under the message of "not one more inch, unless I don't like it, then ok take it".

He is an adorable boomer wearing New Balance and tucking in EVERY shirt.  He's a hell of a shot too.

I don't know if his son did anything specific or if he's just guilty by association.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#3]
GD hates everything.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watch his videos occasionally.

He does good, interesting reviews of guns.

I don't give a shit about what he thinks about ban on semi-automatic guns
View Quote

I bet you would care then. Pathetic. You should ALWAYS care when someone else supports the efforts to restrict your access and right to certain firearms or parts of a firearm.

That’s all I need to know if someone is on my side or not.

You picked one. And it’s the one where you support the efforts of gun control. Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It’s kinda sad that we like to eat our own.  As a community we seem to be fast to shun those who share 90% of the same opinions, but disagree on a thing or two.
View Quote

Cancel culture is real.

‘Oh you support gun control? You’re dead to me.’
Yup…has a platform. Says bump stocks aren’t cool and shouldn’t be allowed right after the literal BIGGEST MASS SHOOTING EVER IN AMERICA happens….and ??
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:.

He does good, interesting reviews of guns.

View Quote

No,  he doesn't.   He shoots for 30 minutes,  with little info.   He's the last person I'd watch for a review.

Quoted:.

I used to watch him, but it got old quick.  He's a good shot, but watching basically the same vid just a different gun for him to pimp for Bud's gets old fast.  Never cared for his son.

View Quote

Pretty much this
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s kinda sad that we like to eat our own.  As a community we seem to be fast to shun those who share 90% of the same opinions, but disagree on a thing or two.
View Quote

100%.   It’s the new way, if you don’t agree 100% with something, then it’s the enemy.  
New society and what is happening everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
He's a blowhard.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to subscribe to his channel but most of his videos are too long and I got tired of listening to the dude. My attention span for social media has gotten shorter and he could make it more concise. 10 minutes is about it unless I am really into the subject matter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
He was doing one of those Sunday morning chats about never giving an inch, don't appease, freedom, we've all had enough, no more voting anti gun politicians and damn if a few vids later he turned around and said lets give them a bone and give up the bump stocks.

But whatever. He's an old fudd *boomer that most old *boomer fudds agree with

I think he did eventually kind of walk back his support on the ban after saying John had been vehemently against it from the start

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought it was because he doesn’t like the rebel flag.
View Quote

Confederate flag & that too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because he ain't that bearded fag that this place is in love with.

Met him at Knob Creek, real nice fellow.
View Quote

I'm sure he can be when he wants to be.

Anyway... personality salesmanship aside...it's some of his opinions that are unpopular and made him unpopular with some.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it was because he doesn’t like the rebel flag.

I thought this was the Confederate flag?

Attachment Attached File

Growing up we always called the flag on top of the General Lee the rebel flag or battle flag.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought this was the Confederate flag?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/B6C22AD5-DE1E-457C-8C21-38ADA0CB2620_png-2367001.JPG

Growing up we always called the flag on top of the General Lee the rebel flag or battle flag.
View Quote

OK...guess we can call them the "stars & bars" then...

The OP says he doesn't understand "the hate" for Hickock45...when it isn't "hate"...disliking someone's opinions isn't hate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Hick is like a Jerry Miculek on Quaaludes.

Jerry is fun to watch , Hick is painful to watch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#17]
If I be search information in new gun I’m interested on and his video review of the gun I be interested in shows up than I will watch it.
Your in titled to you’re opinion of him but than I don’t care because.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
As others have mentioned, he felt the need to make anti 2a remarks after Vegas and supported bump stock ban

The other reason was that he claimed he was about to attend a 2a rally, but then when he got there, he saw a Confederate flag. He just couldn't be around that "racism" and left home. And just had to comment this of course, lol.

Dude is a fudd. The worst kind of gun owner.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think he made some anti 2A remarks. Maybe it was bumpstocks.

Don't recall the exact comment or context but it was enough for me to stop watching.

Once in the dead to me list always on the dead to me list. Don't need to recall why.
View Quote

Retired school teacher that indoctrinates other peoples kid's on that false shit and more.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top