Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
@xd341 it was a Haas it wasn't in tram to begin with...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@xd341 it was a Haas it wasn't in tram to begin with...
View Quote

fuck man...I mean....I raffed...but we both know shit happens.  I feel kinda bad when I see carnage.  There but for the grace....etc..

I will not offend the machining gods today...I've got shit to do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
During the pandemic I bought the cheapest VMC at an auction, and it's been a blast making all kinds of stuff. Seriously, there is no better time to be a weekend machinist. Youtube has made it as easy as watching a 10 minute video to learn everything you need to know in order to make almost anything you want. Most of my tooling is new old stock American made stuff so it's not that expensive either. For what it's worth, I asked because I swear there are dudes who will spend 70,000 on a truck and that makes them obligated to park it in the garage. Hell a Chinese Bridgeport knockoff is less than $9000 and that's better than nothing.
https://imgur.com/a/Kakcrfj photos for fun.
View Quote

I don't have 60amp 480v 3Ph service coming into my house.........and I don't want to spend $10K every time it breaks down and I need to have a tech come in and fix it.

We have some Mazak CNC machining centers at work.......the amount we spend each year on service/maintenance is insane. If you're not making product with them.....you could never justify the cost of ownership.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
On my list of things to learn but space is a serious premium
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They are automatic, and the ATF would come, shoot my dog, and take it way...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CNC router.

It's a fun machine and I make some extra $$ with it around the holidays.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't want to spend $10K every time it breaks down and I need to have a tech come in and fix it.
We have some Mazak CNC machining centers at work.......the amount we spend each year on service/maintenance is insane.
View Quote

You don't have proper maintenance people, or possibly 'machinists'.
Wrong people running them will screw them up on a constant basis, and maintenance people are not for shit if you are having to call in out side help.
Mazak are some of the easiest I've ever looked after, and most of the issues were due to operators, other wanabe maintenance personal,
or something like placing the machine in in the same building as the foundry, and finishing departments.
Electronic don't go good with 110+ ambient temps, or a constant cloud of aluminum, and abrasive dust floating around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a few
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a fewhttps://imgur.com/a/1aPhT9l
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
No excuse here. CNC router. Gcode is a powerful tool.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top