Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 2/26/2020 1:38:32 AM EDT
Title tells it all.  What is a cop thinking when he decides 'yup, this 6 year old hit a teacher, the solution here is to put the restraints on, put em in the squad, and haul em away! (Spelling fixed, thanks Sig!)

AP article

youtube link  maybe someone can embed?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
One that wants to keep his dental plan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Don’t worry this is all just the stepping stone to removing discipline at all
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Dealing with children is literally my life. Foster parenting and parenting my adopted kids is what my whole life revolves around. We've had well over a hundred kids come and go from our home. Probably closer to two hundred.

I have never encountered a child whether it be a teenager or a six year old that required me to even contemplate handcuffs/zip ties. Ever. I've been struck, spit on, and shoved. I've never needed to restrain a child with any kind of device to make myself or them 'safer.' I've always been able to deescalate and I've NEVER had training in the art of deescalation ... yet, I can still do it and no one dies.

I wonder why that is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The kind that would've made the perfect Nazi and would've justified it by saying "just following orders."

And, yes, I'm aware that this reserve officer's supervisors supposedly didn't support his arrest of the six year old. Yet, somehow, he also attempted to arrest another child that day, and brags on film about the many children he's cuffed and arrested. His supervisors and colleagues share the responsibility for this incident because it was VERY CLEAR this wasn't his first time.

Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The Edgelords have arrived.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The kind that would've made the perfect Nazi and would've justified it by saying "just following orders."

And, yes, I'm aware that this reserve officer's supervisors supposedly didn't support his arrest of the six year old. Yet, somehow, he also attempted to arrest another child that day, and brags on film about his many children he's cuffed and arrested. His supervisors and colleagues share the responsibility for this incident because it was VERY CLEAR this wasn't his first time.

Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote
That was the part that got me. Why would you boast about immobilizing little children as if that is something you ought to be proud of? How is that noble or commendable or brave or serving/protecting? He wears it like a badge of honor and that is absolutely horrifying and disgusting to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want the state to be the parent don't complain when the parenting is not to your liking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:50:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Based on just the limited info I have, I say good arrest. That might change if the teacher was/is a complete asshole & so forth.

Believe it or not, not all 6 year old kids are well behaved and normal. This cop may well have saved that kid's life down the road. We don't know yet.

Nor do teachers deserve to be hit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you want the state to be the parent don't complain when the parenting is not to your liking.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Edgelords have arrived.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Ask/tell/snack time/make

I don't make the rules.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know how I feel about this. I am concerned a kid can hit and kick a teacher with no serious ramifications. However an arrest sounds overkill. I might have allowed restraints and police car but cut her loose after a stern talking
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#14]
A FIRED COP IS THE KIND that arrests a six year old.

All charges against the little girl have been dropped. School says they never advocated for her arrest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:56:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Based on just the limited info I have, I say good arrest. That might change if the teacher was/is a complete asshole & so forth.

Believe it or not, not all 6 year old kids are well behaved and normal. This cop may well have saved that kid's life down the road. We don' know yet.

View Quote
First people wanted the state to provide an education. Then they wanted the state to also provide disciplinary action, free breakfast and lunch, and organized sports. Then they took away the ability for teachers and administrators to discipline children. The end result is that it is now a LE matter when a child misbehaves. It's what they wanted, it's what they get.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I can sure tell what generation most of you guys grew up in..

Shit, if I had hit a teacher, my dad would have been busting my ass after he made me find the switch to do it with and then make me write an apology to the teacher and read it out loud in front of the class!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A FIRED COP IS THE KIND that arrests a six year old.

All charges against the little girl have been dropped. School says they never advocated for her arrest.
View Quote
School called police. Police did police things. This is just more abdication of the rule of law to prevent the underclass from rioting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Shit, if I had hit a teacher, my dad would have been busting my ass after he made me find the switch to do it with and then make me write an apology to the teacher and read it out loud in front of the class!
View Quote
If I had hit one of my teachers growing up, I would be lucky if I ever walked again
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL should the parent be in the school all day?  Should we expect that kindergarten/1st grade age children are obedient little robots?

Imagine that, a 6-year old that doesn't listen or acts up. It's almost like these people are supposed to be professionals at managing children.  Arresting a 6-year old for battery is fucking football bat levels of retarded.

I know though everyone in here's daddy had them so scared of farting in school they taped their ass cheeks together because of the fear of what would happen should the school call home.

Is the kid a brat, maybe. For the sake of argument let's say the kid is the worst behaved 6-year old of all time. Could we as adults, not figure out a better course of action than to zip tie the kids hands and march them off to juvie?

Is this course of action likely to have a net positive outcome on the child and in turn society, or is this likely setting a course of action that will have net negative effects on both that child's life and society at large?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One that wants to keep his dental plan.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#22]
He's just telling him to: GET USE TO IT KID.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:10:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LOL should the parent be in the school all day?  Should we expect that kindergarten/1st grade age children are obedient little robots?

Imagine that, a 6-year old that doesn't listen or acts up. It's almost like these people are supposed to be professionals at managing children.  Arresting a 6-year old for battery is fucking football bat levels of retarded.

I know though everyone in here's daddy had them so scared of farting in school they taped their ass cheeks together because of the fear of what would happen should the school call home.

Is the kid a brat, maybe. For the sake of argument let's say the kid is the worst behaved 6-year old of all time. Could we as adults, not figure out a better course of action than to zip tie the kids hands and march them off to juvie?

Is this course of action likely to have a net positive outcome on the child and in turn society, or is this likely setting a course of action that will have net negative effects on both that child's life and society at large?
View Quote
You ever seen a six year old talk about graphic sex acts and capable of willfully assaulting someone with the intent to maliciously wound them? I have. Welcome to public school and the ghetto. Some people can't grasp how broken a six year old can be because they were raised in a more or less traditional setting. Not everyone in the country does that. I obviously don't know this child or her parents, but it is well within the realm of possibility that someone can already be so broken by age six that this did not do anything but protect those subjected to dealing with her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Believe it or not, not all 6 year old kids are well behaved and normal. This cop may well have saved that kid's life down the road. We don' know yet.

View Quote
teachers do not deserve to be hit

However, being hit by a 6 year old is something that's going to happen.  Being arrested is NOT an appropriate response when a 6 year old hits a teacher.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Based on just the limited info I have, I say stupidity abounds.

Of course I am sure there are differing opinions.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I give a shit, and perhaps you should too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
teachers do not deserve to be hit

However, being hit by a 6 year old is something that's going to happen.  Being arrested is NOT an appropriate response when a 6 year old hits a teacher.
View Quote
How do you handle aggressive biting, kicking, and hitting from a 6 year old as a teacher? Remember you cannot go hands on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#30]
A cop that wants to make it home safe.

Officer safety like a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:17:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lol he tried to arrest another 6 year old the same day.
View Quote
Pretty good gig.  He gets to use the cuffs, keeps his count up, doesn't have to apprehend grown men and goes home safe every night......
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:19:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wtf? A six year old, and the parents were never called.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wtf? A six year old, and the parents were never called.
View Quote
That's a school administration issue and not a police issue. The police issue is that the reservist did not contact the watch commander prior to the arrest, but since he failed to do so we will never know if it would have been approved or not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I could see Rogueboss doing this

Followed by a “What would you guys think if a six year old hit someone in front of you at work?” thread.

“I also wore my crocs today!”

“Bought another Yeti cooler!”
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:31:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't know how I feel about this. I am concerned a kid can hit and kick a teacher with no serious ramifications. However an arrest sounds overkill. I might have allowed restraints and police car but cut her loose after a stern talking
View Quote
Giving school administrators a little more authority so that they are not calling cops on a 6 year old might be a decent start. Then again I bet policy ends up right back to calling LE after a kid gets a broken arm or something from being restrained by school staff. Government is all about passing the hot potato of liability to another agency, and going hands on with children is a red hot potato.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
This right here. While having breakfast before my first day of kindergarten back in 1971, I felt the sudden urge to tell my cop dad that I didn’t have to do what my teacher said. Dad told me in no uncertain terms that if that happened I would get a belt whipping that I’d never forget. He meant it and I never have any of my teachers any problems other than getting the ‘board of correction’ a couple of times out in the hallway. Teachers took care of business in the school and cops took care of business out on the streets back then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Teachers couldn't handle a six year old so they call a guy with a taser, gun,  handcuffs and a night stick?

Makes perrrfect sense.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I could be a cop if all I did was fight six year olds
View Quote
It's really all about one of those constable gigs where you just ride around posting notices and serving papers. In decent areas it's like being a law firm runner with a badge and a gun. Other jurisdictions with a lot of apartment evictions and property seizures make it a little more sporty.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's really all about one of those constable gigs where you just ride around posting notices and serving papers. In decent areas it's like being a law firm runner with a badge and a gun. Other jurisdictions with a lot of apartment evictions and property seizures make it a little more sporty.
View Quote
Constables in Texas are out doing traffic stops and patrolling as well as their court duties.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:52:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, agree.

Kid is not getting proper discipline at home, or 6 year old would not be hitting an adult.
The child was not injured in any way, and I'm sure it will make a lasting impression on her.

Where is that video from a few years ago of inner city "teens" taking over a classroom and
acting like animals? I think it was in Chicago.

Maybe better to address this behavior while they are still young.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Constables in Texas are out doing traffic stops and patrolling as well as their court duties.
View Quote
A constable handed me court paperwork at some ungodly time like 7am

I had no idea who he was until he told me because he was wearing a leisure suit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:55:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Giving school administrators a little more authority so that they are not calling cops on a 6 year old might be a decent start. Then again I bet policy ends up right back to calling LE after a kid gets a broken arm or something from being restrained by school staff. Government is all about passing the hot potato of liability to another agency, and going hands on with children is a red hot potato.
View Quote
This right there all day long.  The school called the police correct?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:59:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:01:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A police officer needs to know when to get back in his car and drive away.
View Quote
Cops in Florida are already in a little bit of hot water about not responding to calls at schools in an appropriate manner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:01:57 AM EDT
[#46]
What does a 6 year old do that causes them to be arrested?

I’m pretty sure it’s not angelic behavior
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#47]
The school admin can't handle a six year old and they supposedly have been to college for this career, so they call a cop in to take the fall. Obviously the kid is undisciplined and assaulting everyone around her. Tell me, what is cop suppose to do?

In my opinion cops should have never been placed in the schools. If/when a cop is called somebody is going to jail, it may be the kid it could be the parent(s).
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:04:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What does a 6 year old do that causes them to be arrested?

I’m pretty sure it’s not angelic behavior
View Quote
At least he wasn't smokin wit cigarettes.

7-Year-Old Takes Car On Joyride
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#49]
When I went to school the teacher would beat that ass with a paddle/small boat oar or yard stick.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:12:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Schools around here would never accept the liability that goes along with that.  Risk/liability mitigation is the name of the game, and punting the icky stuff to a LE agency is great for that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top