Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read it started because a white woman was raped. CNN said it started because of inappropriate behavior.
View Quote

#BelieveWomen
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

#BelieveWomen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read it started because a white woman was raped. CNN said it started because of inappropriate behavior.

#BelieveWomen

Funny how their maxims change so quickly when it no longer favors their current agenda.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever happened to "believe every woman"?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
A bunch of stories get pitch around quickly to enrage anybody to violence while a select few hit targets. Democrats were just doing a power show. Black or white, dead bodies were needed to demonstrate power.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

She wasn't raped.  No source says anything like that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of it until today.  More Marxist revisionist history. Idgaf.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone stepped on someone's new Nike.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This. Now, the left can't stop talking about it.
Whiteman bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never heard about this 'massacre' until this year.
This. Now, the left can't stop talking about it.
Whiteman bad.

Just because you're ignorant of it doesn't mean it wasn't important.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's the next moneymaker. Fifty years from now you'll be hearing about survivors.
View Quote

We're hearing about survivors now.  They're 100 years old.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chick running the elevator (back when elevators had operators). Black dude goes in the elevator. The doors close. Depending on who you believe he either tripped and fell into her, or she was sexually assaulted. Either way when the doors opened back up she was a mess and he ran away.
View Quote

And she declined to press charges.  They were maybe consensual lovers.  No one knows.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This biggest run of lynching was when the Italian mob tried to set up shop in New Orleans.  Locals put a definite stop to that crap.
View Quote

There was a lynching alright, but it did not stop the crime families in NO.
https://www.onewal.com/crime-bosses-of-new-orleans/
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
36 people dead, 1/3 of whom were white, possibly the only time a black neighborhood was burned down by someone else and now they're trying to make it(removed, guns762)It's all so tiresome.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A black mob showed up at the jail in response to rumors of a white lynch mob. I think the Sheriff calmed things down, but then someone shot, the shit hit the fan and the black section of town got burned down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My understanding as well.

The narrative is that the "assault" was the result of a misunderstanding / misperception. And all the evil racist white supremacists retaliated simply because they couldn't stand to see blacks succeed. Used it as an excuse to destroy "black Wall Street".

I've also read that possibly the woman was actually involved with the guy on the down low.
A black mob showed up at the jail in response to rumors of a white lynch mob. I think the Sheriff calmed things down, but then someone shot, the shit hit the fan and the black section of town got burned down.

It appears the black guys won the first battle but then lost the war. 10 white guys died in the shoot-out at the courthouse but then the whites rallied and burned the blacks'  town down.  Like most things, there's blame on both sides but, for some reason we, as a society, tend to give our sympathies to the losers.  Hamas / Palestinians come to mind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Local newspaper published story of black dude arrested for....

Read below

https://tulsaworld.com/news/tulsa-race-massacre-1921-tulsa-newspapers-fueled-racism-and-one-story-is-cited-for-sparking/article_420593ee-8090-5cfc-873e-d2dd26d2054e.html

There are many lessons from Tulsa’s 1921 race massacre. One of them, often overlooked, is that words matter.

Walter White, the intrepid NAACP investigator of that era, wrote that the injudicious use of one word, “assault,” in the May 31, 1921, Tulsa Tribune was in large part responsible for the conflagration that consumed the hopes and dreams and the very lives of black Tulsans that same evening and night and the morning of June 1, 1921.

Roscoe Dunjee, then-editor of the influential Oklahoma City newspaper The Black Dispatch, agreed and published the entire article containing the offending word under the headline, “The Story That Set Tulsa Ablaze.”

Adj. Gen. Charles Barrett, who arrived in Tulsa on the morning of June 1, expressed similar sentiments, both at the time and in his memoir, published 18 years later.

The story in question carried the headline “Nab Negro for Attacking Girl in an Elevator.” Just five paragraphs long, it appeared at the bottom of the right hand column on Page 1 of the May 31 editions of the Tulsa Tribune, the city’s afternoon newspaper.

The same paper but dated June 1, 1921, was sent to mail subscribers.

Briefly stated, the story said a young African-American identified as “Diamond Dick” Rowland had been arrested that morning for “attempting to assault the 17-year-old white elevator girl” in a downtown building the previous day.

In the terminology of the day, the story essentially accused Dick Rowland of attempted rape.

Within hours of the arrest, and probably after the Tribune story hit the streets, Tulsa police received a threat on Rowland’s life. He was moved six blocks from the ramshackle city lockup to the county jail on the top floor of the courthouse at Sixth Street and Boulder Avenue, where the Bank of America Building now stands.

There the riot that became a massacre began.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me either, neither has my Mother who is 74. Yesterday I asked a bunch of the geezers at my friend's gunshop about it and none of them had heard about it either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hadn't either .
Now it's being played up to divide the country even more.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

same here
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Up until this year it was known as the Tulsa race riots of 1921
View Quote

That's how I'd always heard of it, and I'm not someone who follows this kind of thing closely. Strong rebranding effort at work. Racial division is a good business.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't figure a bunch of people just got drunk and did what is claimed on a whim.  There isn't shit in Google or Duckduckgo.
View Quote

Im genuinely curious if you know what Google is.

First result: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Southern Democrat to be more specific.

Ya know, the ones that split the democrat party and started voting republican.

In this particular instance. The young white girl never claimed the black kid did anything wrong. Everyone just assumed the black kid attacked her... can't really justify why they arrested him, so people showed up to make sure they didn't hang him over nothing.... because people did that shit then...

The events there after predominantly describe human mob behavior, both sides.
View Quote

Who's this fng? DU member?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
local news channel has a article by the ap, it says a black man was accused of stepping on a white girls foot .it said as many as 300 black tulsans were killed and thousands of survivors were forced for a time into internment camps overseen by the national guard
View Quote

Lol Truth is dead. We don't have any real historical documentation of this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

So basically more made up commie bullshit where Whitey is bad & blackie is a candidate for Sainthood!
Shocked I am!
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Southern Democrat to be more specific.

Ya know, the ones that split the democrat party and started voting republican.

In this particular instance. The young white girl never claimed the black kid did anything wrong. Everyone just assumed the black kid attacked her... can't really justify why they arrested him, so people showed up to make sure they didn't hang him over nothing.... because people did that shit then...

The events there after predominantly describe human mob behavior, both sides.
View Quote

And you know this how? You have a reference for this or just verbal history?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
a young African-American identified as “Diamond Dick” Rowland had been arrested that morning for “attempting to assault the 17-year-old white elevator girl” in a downtown building the previous day.
View Quote

That’s a solid nickname.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

same here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here

You guys need to get out more. I'm 41 and I've heard about this since I was in middle school. Just because you haven't heard about something that happened decades ago doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm surprised that the Democrats actually are acknowledging that the Tulsa Massacre happened. Considering that the governor was a Democrat and the blacks were Republicans.
"Governor Robertson declared martial law to restore order after mobs of whites attacked and burned Greenwood, the black Republican community, during the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921."
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whitey also called in a few airstrikes to fuck shit up.
View Quote
Damn, I wish I could call in some airstrikes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You guys need to get out more. I'm 41 and I've heard about this since I was in middle school. Just because you haven't heard about something that happened decades ago doesn't mean it didn't happen.
View Quote

Okay...

Firstly,  you live in OK.  Its part of your states history and was more likely to be covered by your school system, just like the Texas Revolution is covered in Texas Schools.  

Secondly, I don't think anyone is skeptical that this event happened.  What everyone is giving the side eye to is that the name "Tulsa Race Massacre"  Is a relatively new thing.  It just is.  if you are going to call me a liar, well, here's my evidence.  Here is the Google trend results for "Tulsa Race Massacre"

Attachment Attached File

Seems like that phrase didnt even exist 4 years ago.  but yet some how for some reason the the media narrative changed approximately 4 years ago.  No clue as to what could've caused that...   but anyways it really hit a fever pitch last year.  

pretty much everyone here is rolling their eyes at the "rebranding" of this poor segment of American History and Amplifying it to an extreme amount.  What is the goal of such Narrative amplification?  I can't say for sure but I am pretty certain its for bullshit purposes.  

Edit: here's an even better graphic.  Google Trends results of "Tulsa Race massacre" (blue) in comparison to "tulsa race riot" (red)

Attachment Attached File

Seems like since metrics were started to be kept (January 2004), The "tulsa Race riot" has always had Some sort of presence in google searchs, even though not large.  Compare that with the last two years of "tulsa Race massacre".  

yup,  no narrative to push here.  certainly no effort to artificially amplify things for political reasons... nope.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fake news had to find something else to use as a cudgel against whitey.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There were three "survivors" who were going to be paid $100,000 to speak at some remembrance in Tulsa (the one that became the Black Panthers "Kill White People" rally). They upped their fee to $1,000,000 each and cancelled when their demands were not met.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I read it.... white woman "assaulted" by black man, mob of white men gathered at jail, mob of black men showed up to prevent a perceived lynching, fight broke out and guns introduced, multiple whites dead. White folks went out and fucked up the black neighborhood and business district. National guard brought in to restore order.

There were three "survivors" who were going to be paid $100,000 to speak at some remembrance in Tulsa (the one that became the Black Panthers "Kill White People" rally). They upped their fee to $1,000,000 each and cancelled when their demands were not met.

Randle, known as “Mother Randle,” was 6 years old the night of May 31, 1921, when a white mob, which included city officials, terrorized, attacked and killed Black people in the Greenwood District after a false claim of a white woman being assaulted by a Black man.

I have my doubts about that. Black People don't usually live as long as White People. And record keeping among Black People that far back was sketchy at best. Leaving out the birth of a parent around say 1935 could easily mean that she is 20 years younger than she thinks that she is.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#31]
We will never know what actually happened as BLM is re-writing history with the assistance of the 4th estate.

The media played a big part then, like they do now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Tatum - 1921 Tulsa Massacre WAS A BIG LIE

1921 Tulsa Massacre WAS A BIG LIE
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wasn't born until 1956 and have never been in the state of Kansas, how am I responsible in any manner for any part of the supposed incident?
The answer is I'm not, nor would anyone else be responsible if they weren't present at the incident. So I'm not interested in any fictions regarding
this purported incident.
View Quote

Well for starters, Tulsa is in Oklahoma
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#34]
DemoKKKRats. Never forget what the DemoKKKRats did to those people.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Whitey pulled a BLM and peacefully protested the town to cinders.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Okay...

Firstly,  you live in OK.  Its part of your states history and was more likely to be covered by your school system, just like the Texas Revolution is covered in Texas Schools.  

Secondly, I don't think anyone is skeptical that this event happened.  What everyone is giving the side eye to is that the name "Tulsa Race Massacre"  Is a relatively new thing.  It just is.  if you are going to call me a liar, well, here's my evidence.  Here is the Google trend results for "Tulsa Race Massacre"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171734/Tulsa_Race_png-1963867.JPG

Seems like that phrase didnt even exist 4 years ago.  but yet some how for some reason the the media narrative changed approximately 4 years ago.  No clue as to what could've caused that...   but anyways it really hit a fever pitch last year.  

pretty much everyone here is rolling their eyes at the "rebranding" of this poor segment of American History and Amplifying it to an extreme amount.  What is the goal of such Narrative amplification?  I can't say for sure but I am pretty certain its for bullshit purposes.  

Edit: here's an even better graphic.  Google Trends results of "Tulsa Race massacre" (blue) in comparison to "tulsa race riot" (red)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171734/tulsa_race_2_png-1963868.JPG

Seems like since metrics were started to be kept (January 2004), The "tulsa Race riot" has always had Some sort of presence in google searchs, even though not large.  Compare that with the last two years of "tulsa Race massacre".  

yup,  no narrative to push here.  certainly no effort to artificially amplify things for political reasons... nope.
View Quote

The Wikipedia article was also titled "Tulsa race riot" until February 2020.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#37]
June 2, 1921, front page
(The San Diego Union)

Link

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
DemoKKKRats. Never forget what the DemoKKKRats did to those people.
View Quote

You think that's bad? Ask the FBI what all they paid Gary Thomas Rowe Jr. to do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#39]
*sad trombone*

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#40]

The founder of Black Lives Matter (BLM) in St. Paul, Minnesota, Rashad Turner: The Ugly Truth About BLM

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I honestly don’t give a fuck.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Black shoeshine boy takes elevator with white young girl elevator operator. Something happens in the elevator and she screams as the doors open that she’s been assaulted and he runs out.  He gets arrested and taken to the jail.  Crowd forms outside the jail.  A few groups of black men arm up and roll to the jail. Some sort of argument ensues with the people gathered outside the jail and “a gun goes off”. The black guys open fire on the white crowd and in the end 10 white people are dead and two black people.  Some debate if the two black people dead were actually crossfire from other black people.  Either way, both the results and the accounts show that it’s pretty clear that the white people were not very armed, hence the lopsided death count.  White Tulsa goes “ wait you’re going to come to the jail and then open fire on the white crowd?  NOPE”. White Tulsa arms up.  Black Tulsa s retreat to the Greenwood district(Black part of town) and arm up.  The next morning there’s a big gun fight all day in Greenwood, White versus black.

After everything is over the official death toll is 24 black, 12 white.  And all sorts of rumors that plenty of other black people were killed but that the bodies were disposed of but every time they look in a spot where am eyewitness said “I saw them dump bunch of black people in that mass grave over there“ there’s not a mass grave and nothings there.  They decided to rename at the Tulsa race massacre, it was originally named the Tulsa race riot, a few years ago so now there’s a big push to try to prove that it was a massacre.  They came out empty in so many places than recently they decided to dig up an area where 18 of the 24 officially counted black dead were buried in order to give a narrative that they “found black people buried”.

The other narrative is that the Greenwood district was the “ Black Wall Street“ and that the race riot destroyed that black community and wealth. Basically the race riot destroyed Wakanda and that wealth inequality in Tulsa in the country at large is partially due to that riot.  What is never talked about in the news is that they actually rebuilt Greenwood district and black Wall Street area after the race riot even larger than it was before and it continued to be prosperous through the 1950’s.  It eventually died out when desegregation allowed/encouraged the black community to be less insular.  But the strong insinuation in the news is that the race riot destroyed Black Wall Street and it never recovered
View Quote

See, there's the truth which is what you posted - that there was dead on both sides and the official death toll is 12 white to 24 blacks, blacks started the whole altercation too by shooting first - and the lie which the media has spread all this week about Tulsa.

I had the radio on while driving back from work today and all that was left out, the ABC announcer simply said that a white mob went on a rampage and killed hundreds of black people. That's how it went down per the lying media and it is Gospel as far as the masses are concerned.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Funny that the media and left is now pushing this. 100 years later. I’m sure it has zero to do with shoring up the black vote within the Democratic Party.

Gotta keep feeding them horror stories about the white guy to keep them on the plantation
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A few living witnesses to the event wanted $1M each to attend the 100yr anniversary. This is all being shoved in our faces so they can push reparations.
View Quote

What were they toddlers?

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It is part of the required foundational myth for the new morality of the masses.

It's also funny how riot becomes massacre, protest becomes insurrection, election reform becomes voter suppression etcetc when certain people get hold of it.
View Quote

War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I've studied it for decades.
25-50 actual dead in all probabilities.

-5-10 years of class warfare/socialism creeping in
-wealthy northern blacks basically starting a new city within a city, complete with national financial interests and businesses being started
-WWI veterans
-a interracial system of civilization that was operating pretty good was busted up and the new system was a total culture shock that was a no-go.

numerous incidents leading up to it, it was a time bomb reading to go off. the incident with the elevator girl was never confirmed as a rape. in reality there is no telling what actually happened. but it was the match.

what the revisionists never tell you is that the area was rebuilt very quickly and repopulated with hometown blacks and freedmen.
it was basically removing the outsiders by any means necessary.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#47]
You never hear about the East St Louis riot of 1917, led/instigated by the labor unions. I wonder why, since more black people were killed?

East St. Louis riots

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

May wanna check that map of yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wasn't born until 1956 and have never been in the state of Kansas, how am I responsible in any manner for any part of the supposed incident?
The answer is I'm not, nor would anyone else be responsible if they weren't present at the incident. So I'm not interested in any fictions regarding
this purported incident.

Forget it, he's rolling.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Forget it, he's rolling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
this purported incident.

Forget it, he's rolling.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What were they toddlers?

View Quote

Now 107 years old, Viola Fletcher is the oldest living survivor. Just 7 years old when the massacre changed the course of her life, she testified that before that fateful night, she felt "safe" and happy living in Greenwood, believing she had "a bright future ahead."

Attachment Attached File

Tulsa Race Massacre Survivors Testify

Three Tulsa Race Massacre Survivors Viola Fletcher, Hughes Van Ellis and Lessie Benningfield Randle, testify at a House Judiciary Committee hearing to mark the centennial of the Tulsa Race riot.

Hughes Van Ellis, known as "Uncle Red," is Viola's 100-year-old brother who testified alongside her. A World War II veteran, he served in an all-Black unit in the Army in the China Burma India Theater.

Attachment Attached File

Link
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top