User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I believe the most physically demanding sports are Moto-cross, soccer and Hockey in that order.

View Quote
A solid hour of riding is a freakin workout if you're not just putting around.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Flying, in general, takes less reflex speed than driving. The sky is really big and it's not extremely to difficult to keep from hitting the ground unintentionally. Very little traffic or obstacles up there compared to racing or even normal commuting. Maybe test pilots, and the teaching emergency maneuvers (eg. full down autorotations) could qualify. It IS difficult to let students make mistakes whilst trying to survive the manoeuver...

My vote, no particular order;

High level auto/motorcycle racing.

Ball (puck?) sports where mechanical advantage is used to acceleration ball. (Racket sports, goal tending in hockey, lacrosse etc.)

Video gamers / Drone racers. (Drone racing is unique due to the fact that they have to react extremely fast to visual sense only and there is noticeable latency in the video feed (around 15 ms) . It's bad enough that pros don't use digital video, despite its far superior resolution, because it is 10ms or so slower than analog video. Latency exists in the RC link as well, but less so...

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NHRA pro stock driver. A good reaction time from a good driver is sub .010. a tenth can cost a race win.
View Quote

I did a 0.008 once.

Once LOL
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
F1 driver? They seem to put a lot of effort into training reaction time. Maybe boxer?
View Quote

Formula 1 driver, no contest.

An NFL wide receiver tried to keep up with a mediocre F1 driver in a reflex contest and got absolutely smoked.  Pro players train their hands constantly but F1 drivers are on a different level.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Court Stenographer
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc1iP6rxR-M

F1 driver gets my guess.
View Quote

I see it was already posted.  Nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NASCAR

In NASCAR a momentary lapse can result in death, in hockey and many other sports, not so much.

Required being the operable word.
View Quote

NASCAR isn't even in the same ballpark as Formula 1 for reflexes.

F1 drivers start in their late teens or early 20's and are considered "over the hill" by 35.  Numerous NASCAR drivers have competed well past 50 and some don't even start their career until after 40.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did a 0.008 once.

Once LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NHRA pro stock driver. A good reaction time from a good driver is sub .010. a tenth can cost a race win.

I did a 0.008 once.

Once LOL

Drag racing reaction time is more about practice on timing the light than "reflexes".  You know the green light is coming and it's all about mashing the throttle when the yellow disappears.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Truck Driver, they never drive faster than they can see, and besides that, it's all in the reflexes
View Quote

Here is a true story I am still amazed by. I was driving my delivery truck up a customers long driveway when the dog shot out from nowhere in front of me. I went from gas to hard stab of the brake so fast the engine stalled before the torque converter disengaged on the auto transmission…..or at least that’s my guess what happened. I am sure an ARF mechanic will correct me though.  I don’t think I can ever replicate that again if I tried 1000X, but yeah my reflexes impressed me that day
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Combat; hand to hand, can, fighter pilots, losing means likely injury or death.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Went to an NHL game last night and was admiring how fast the goalies are when defending the net and it got me to wondering what profession required the fastest reflexes?
First three I came up with were the NHL goalie, a fighter pilot and an F1 driver.
What else ranks up there?
View Quote

At speeds of 200mph-220mph, I’d vote a NASCAR driver.

Plus, there’s all those hot track babes to deal with. Gotta have speedy reflexes for that …….

Sammy Hagar 'I Can't Drive 55'
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At speeds of 200mph-220mph, I'd vote a NASCAR driver.

View Quote
Meh, they're all going the same general direction.

Goalie sees pucks at >100mph closing speed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Not any type of piloting. You think to control and fly through a situation, you sure as hell don’t fly by instant reflexes.

I’d say fighter/martial arts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
480 Three Phase left to right. Best be quick.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top