Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The very simple explanation is that the earth's magnetic field is the result of a dynamic process.  Being dynamic, that process is by definition, changing and not static.  If things can change, they will.  

Did you know that the center of the earth, the inner core, is solid and the outer core is liquid?  And, did you know they rotate in opposite directions?

Dynamic is an understatement.

damn, page two pnage and i need to edit.  Big important detail: outer core is turbulent and chaotic.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought powerful earthquakes can knock the earth of its axis like the 8.8 one in Chile did.
View Quote

I read the one in Fukushima shifted the earth axis by .5 degrees.
Half a degree isn’t much but on a global scale?
Yeah, that will make a difference.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's going to swap,   Some oceans will rise 12 feet.  " I made that number up"  the poles have shifted before they will again.  When? I read it is accelerating.   Next year? 1000 years ? Supposedly sooner than later couple lifetimes I hope.
View Quote

wasn't there a book on that back in the late seventies? I can't remember the title so if anyone knows let me know please.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It will be the end of human civilization as we know it. Compasses will point south, we will all be directionally challenged.
View Quote

On the other hand, directions from women will finally make sense.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for in the a.m..
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A secret military program to weaponize earthquakes has had the unfortunate side affect of stopping the Earth's core from spinning. The resulting collapse of Earth's magnetic field will result in the end of the world unless Hillary Swank and Aaron Eckhart can take a special ship made unobtanium to the center of the Earth to jump start the core with nuclear weapons.
View Quote

That should be made into a movie!
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The very simple explanation is that the earth's magnetic field is the result of a dynamic process.  Being dynamic, that process is by definition, changing and not static.  If things can change, they will.  

Did you know that the center of the earth, the inner core, is solid and the outer core is liquid?  And, did you know they rotate in opposite directions?

Dynamic is an understatement.

damn, page two pnage and i need to edit.  Big important detail: outer core is turbulent and chaotic.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Does this mean the toilets will drain counter clockwise now?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Will I need to remark my magnets, S to N and N to S?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Haliburton Magnetic Pole Machine.

Everything else is a deep fake cover story.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It will be the end of human civilization as we know it. Compasses will point south, we will all be directionally challenged.
View Quote

After the flip:

Men will always ask for directions.
Women will admit when they are wrong.
ANTIFA will denounce terrorism.
BLM will not be a scam.
Joe Biden remembers everything.
Amy Schumer is funny.
There will only be (2) genders.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#14]

That's a good read. I enjoyed it last time it hit GD. I don't know that any preps at all would serve in such a case. The one thing we know is that science doesn't have all the answers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, google “South Atlantic Anomaly” I think that gives a pretty good approximation of what will happen during the magnetic pole flip.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#16]
There are too many Liberals.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#17]
The Solar Killshot

SOLAR KILLSHOT | The Sun Sent a Wake-Up Call

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#18]
What gets me are the people who think the poles switching means the whole planet is going to somehow flip over topsy-turvy in its orbit.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A secret military program to weaponize earthquakes has had the unfortunate side affect of stopping the Earth's core from spinning. The resulting collapse of Earth's magnetic field will result in the end of the world unless Hillary Swank and Aaron Eckhart can take a special ship made unobtanium to the center of the Earth to jump start the core with nuclear weapons.
View Quote

I can't believe I wasted two hours watching that.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#20]
So for the last 10 years or so during the months  of July and August we have had this one huge gum tree on the side of the property cast a shadow over the pool right at 5:30 when we get home from work.

Now understand that the setting sun sank straight down the main column of this tree perfectly.

For years we’ve debated on cutting that tree down to get a little longer quality pool time after work and before dark , so last fall we had the tree dropped .  

This summer we realized that the setting sun is nowhere near where that tree once stood and that the “gap” is a good 10 degrees to the left of where the sun sets now.      Something has shifted!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The magnetic poles have been moving since the 1600's, but picked up speed after the Carrington event in 1859. During this time the magnetosphere has weakened an estimated 15-20 percent, which is the Earth's protection against space weather. Solar cycle 25 has started off much more active than expected. Last week on the 15th a major solar flare was produced on the back side of the Sun. It likely could have been a kill shot if it was directed our way. We are not exactly sure what will happen with the magnetic reversal since man has likely not been in Earth during one.

View Quote

Anyone that has ever Piloted a plane or Navigated a ship knows the magnetic north moves and has for years, not the planet.  Evidence in ancient rock show this pole shit and no the sky did not fall.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I'm subscribed to this guy too.
Everyone should be if they have any interest in the big picture.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We know the magnetic poles have moved a lot over geologic history.  We don't know how fast the big changes occur.  It sometimes looks rapid in the geologic record, but that could mean it takes place over hundreds, or thousands, of years.  Others have suggested it occurs much faster than that.  Nobody knows for sure.

The magnetic poles also move constantly - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  But always changing.  Like the climate.

If a fast, big change occurs it's going to raise hell with some guidance systems, and the magnetic declination shown on many maps (USGS topo maps, for example) will no longer be accurate.
View Quote

They already have to change declination on some maps every so often (decades, iirc)
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Last week on the 15th a major solar flare was produced on the back side of the Sun.

View Quote

Please provide data and reference on this.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Guam tipping over is a factor?
View Quote

Whoa whoa whoa... everything is normal here
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#27]
SOLAR KILLSHOT | The Sun Sent a Wake-Up Call
Quoted:

View Quote

Earth Just Got Lucky... But Glitched Again | S0 News July.16.2021
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last week on the 15th a major solar flare was produced on the back side of the Sun.

Not the quoted poster, but...
Farside Explosion Touches Earth
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's going to swap,   Some oceans will rise 12 feet.  " I made that number up"  the poles have shifted before they will again.  When? I read it is accelerating.   Next year? 1000 years ? Supposedly sooner than later couple lifetimes I hope.
View Quote

Actually, this is correct. The poles are going to flip. This is also what is causing climate change. It cannot be fixed, but there are people that are going to make a shit ton of money on it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Like an aging starlet it's just not that attractive anymore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#33]
It takes hundreds of years for the poles to "flip".
It's weakening right now, but nobody alive now will see it "flip".
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What could be "classified" about the structure of the Earth?

View Quote

It's not so much about the structure of Earth as the catastrophe cycle. What is believed that is explained in The Adam and Eve Story and World in Peril is the near destruction of everyone on Earth quite possibly from our Sun having a Micronova. We know that many stars nova multiple times but retain themselves as a stars unlike a Supernova.  It is a 12,000 year cycle that is coming soon to a theater near you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are total flips, and periods of dramatic movement where the field gets weak.   Nobody knows if what we are observing is a real flip or not.

We could be mid flip right now. We are over due.

The poles are moving faster than we've ever directly observed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
They have been moving since the 1600's
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They have been moving since the 1600's the dawn of time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They already have to change declination on some maps every so often (decades, iirc)
View Quote

They actually rename runways as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#39]
The Earth's axis has wobbled and the artic circle is now higher than it was a few years ago in Iceland
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#40]
There's nothing wrong with it. This is normal. We are the anomaly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

For that kind of EM radiation, would a faraday cage work?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High-end, professional field compasses like Brunton also have adjustable declination.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Will I need to remark my magnets, S to N and N to S?
View Quote

No biggie, declination will be +/- 180ish.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I read the one in Fukushima shifted the earth axis by .5 degrees.
Half a degree isn’t much but on a global scale?
Yeah, that will make a difference.
View Quote

Can't happen. Contained mechanism. Would be like putting a fan on a sailboat and expect it to be propelled.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
next thing you tell me is the caldera under Yellowstone is moving...
View Quote

Lol I remember that thread. Harmonic tremors

The poles move. The concern is if they flip quickly it could lead to some major problems. The real answer is all we know is it happens, we don't have more details.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#46]

what am i looking at?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Can't happen. Contained mechanism. Would be like putting a fan on a sailboat and expect it to be propelled.
View Quote

Fan on a sailboat......

ON A TREADMILL!!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#48]
The poles swap to confuse the illegal aliens setting their bearing by compass, and they return home
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#49]
The Earth is getting Woke.   The magnetic field only had binary cis-polarity of North and South...  it's going non-binary, trans-polarity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top