Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So there are strains that relieve pain and strains that increase energy.

Can one use them both together?
View Quote
Most of them do both its more the balance by strain, i dont even keep up with all the versions these days. Also lower doses are more energetic and higher are more analgesic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So there are strains that relieve pain and strains that increase energy.

Can one use them both together?
View Quote

Absolutely
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
my 2.5 cents.

in a way of comparison.

kratom is to opiates as coffee is to meth.

i assume it can be addicting to some folks but i've known folks that knew they were addicted to a very very small dosage of a mildly addictive substance. i think some people can get addicted to an idea...

i think it will be outawed. its already illegal in some states. they are gonna do to benzos what they did to opiates (no one will be able to get continuing refills).

at the end of the day the only mind altering substances you will be able to get legally will be alcohol and in some states, pot. more biz for the cartels, yo!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I take some everyday that I have to work.  It gets me through the day,  i dont take any on the weekends, and i don't have any kind of withdrawal.  Its good stuff, ive been using it for over a year with very good results.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered Red Borneo for pain in back and knees and its said to be strongest mellowing effects. Im kinda wound up.

I have have wanted to try it for years.  Now i will. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
[deleted]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It works very well for me. I've been taking it for about two years now, helps with my back and knee pain a lot.

Check out Gaia Ethnobotanicals, if you're looking for the best strain for pain relief check out an Red Veins, Red Bali, Red Maylay etc. Don't waste money buying it at smoke shops, it's WAY over priced and not good quality. Gaia offers a "first timer" sample pack that is great to let you try different strains and figure out which one is best for your needs. It takes a bit to find the perfect dose, but once you do you will definitely notice the positive effects.

The only downsides I have come across are that it is sometimes addictive (Mostly depends on the individual, it doesn't have the same effect on everyone), and keep in mind you are ingesting a lot of plant matter, you may get a little stopped up.

Feel free to shoot me an IM or email if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. One of the best places for info is on Reddit, the kratom subreddit is r/kratom
View Quote
Just looked how the hell do you know what one to buy????
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Chronic pain is a bitch. I assume you have talked to your doctor about it.

I know very little about kratom but from what I have read I am skeptical.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Chronic pain is a bitch. I assume you have talked to your doctor about it.

I know very little about kratom but from what I have read I am skeptical.
View Quote
I haven't read a lot about it, but I've heard what people I know have said about it, and also my own experiences.  When you read about anything on the internet you will get stories that spread all across the spectrum.  It's almost impossible to know what's true.  But in my experience, it's not dangerous at all, it's not mind-altering in any way (unless you consider coffee mid-altering), and it works for some people to help soothe pain, sometimes really well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So what's the easiest/best way to take it?

Drink it as tea, put it in food and eat or take it as a capsule?
View Quote
Nothing complex about it.  I just drop the powder in a small cup of water, wait a minute until the powder is saturated and sinks to the bottom, give it a stir and drink it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Good info, thanks all. I found a vendor local to me. I'm gonna try to swing by tomorrow and grab some.

I was in so much pain after my hour commute tonight, I dove into the stagg jr as soon as i got home. I don't want to make that a habit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck OP. It's done wonders for me, hope it helps you as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It will be made an illegal drug soon and you will be unable to get it without a prescription, if at all.
View Quote
Already is here in Tennessee

I do have family in Texas though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump...
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, but I'm guessing it will be added to the standard suite in the next year or two, depending on legal status.  One state has passed a law so there will be a more expensive test developed for them if employers desire.

It doesn't give you a drugged feeling where you'd mess up at work or have worse coordination really in my experience, nothing like alcohol or weed for mental/motor abilities according to others as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How, if at all, does this show up on a drug screen? Curious to know if you have a pee test for an employer, does this stuff metabolize into something that would flag? I'd be interested in the pain relief but more so the energy boost provided I won't be out of a job for taking it.
No, but I'm guessing it will be added to the standard suite in the next year or two, depending on legal status.  One state has passed a law so there will be a more expensive test developed for them if employers desire.

It doesn't give you a drugged feeling where you'd mess up at work or have worse coordination really in my experience, nothing like alcohol or weed for mental/motor abilities according to others as well.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Some people are talking about CBD oil.  i have major back problems and CBD oil makes as much difference as water.

You should ask around for recommendations on chiropractors and physical therapists.   75% of either field sucks.  If you get no benefit from 3 visits, don't go back to that one.  First visit might give you a headache or something, don't let that discourage you.  Things get stirred up.    With either of them anything being done by their assistant is for their own income, not for your benefit.  A chiro who uses tools rather than hands has no talent with his hands, therefore no talent in his field.  A PT that puts you on an exercise bike or tread mill does not know what to do with you, but wants the money.  If you call to schedule with a recommended person, clarify you are going to see that person not someone else.

The reason you go to a PT and chiro, is to make a positive change in the base problem.  Masking the pain allows you to make the codition worse... and then what will you do?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok, so kratom is legit. Picked up three strains locally and tried a red last night. I mixed some up in hot water and could start feeling it in about 20 minutes.

It wasn't a magic bullet or anything but I went from not even being able to sit down to "almost" normal within an hour. The pain was still there but the kratom took the edge off so I wasn't miserable anymore. Exactly what I needed until I can get this fixed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Kratom is real and works and helps.

I liked the green malay, took 5 with 3 gabapetins and works very well.

It does give a slight opiate type high and you will build a tolerance to it.

I had severe nerve pain and made the pain tolerable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some people are talking about CBD oil.  i have major back problems and CBD oil makes as much difference as water.

You should ask around for recommendations on chiropractors and physical therapists.   75% of either field sucks.  If you get no benefit from 3 visits, don't go back to that one.  First visit might give you a headache or something, don't let that discourage you.  Things get stirred up.    With either of them anything being done by their assistant is for their own income, not for your benefit.  A chiro who uses tools rather than hands has no talent with his hands, therefore no talent in his field.  A PT that puts you on an exercise bike or tread mill does not know what to do with you, but wants the money.  If you call to schedule with a recommended person, clarify you are going to see that person not someone else.

The reason you go to a PT and chiro, is to make a positive change in the base problem.  Masking the pain allows you to make the codition worse... and then what will you do?  
View Quote
Agree, CBD oil is a scam.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#23]
A friend of mine told me about kratom.

Then I read this thread.

Then I watched the "A Leaf of Faith" documentary on Netflix.

This morning I ordered from Natural Organix. This was the guy in the documentary who tested his product before he sold it.

Will report once I've received and tried it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, all of these places require e-check or  crypto.
I have never used either. How is it done?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agree, CBD oil is a scam.
View Quote
How many times have you used it? I use a balm for tight joints and sore muscles and it works pretty damn good for me
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How many times have you used it? I use a balm for tight joints and sore muscles and it works pretty damn good for me
View Quote
I really wanted it to work for me so I used it enough to satisfy myself that it made no difference.  I'd have been happy with the placebo effect.  I don't have tight joints and sore muscles though, I have bad arthritis so it may work for what you use it for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought a kratom plant a few months ago. I'm not too sure if it helps or not, it could be that I should be swallowing the leaf instead of chewing on it? I have no clue, I saw a Vice documentary
on Kratom and some guy in Thailand just popped it in his mouth and chewed it for a little bit. Anyone know the correct way to take it in regards to using fresh leaves?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Also, take it on an empty stomach.  If you've eaten recently, or if you eat immediately afterwards, it will lessen the effect quite a lot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably better for you than most of the other shit we put in our bodies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How many times have you used it? (CBD oil) I use a balm for tight joints and sore muscles and it works pretty damn good for me
View Quote
I take the oil by mouth for back pain/muscle tension/ headaches.  It makes no difference.  I read it needs 10% THC to be effective in this role.   I'm not one to smoke the wacky, so haven't tried this.  But a puff of a joint plus some of the oil may be the ticket.  And honestly, would be better for me than what the Dr prescribes, but i have a hang up about illegal drugs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I take the oil by mouth for back pain/muscle tension/ headaches.  It makes no difference.  I read it needs 10% THC to be effective in this role.   I'm not one to smoke the wacky, so haven't tried this.  But a puff of a joint plus some of the oil may be the ticket.  And honestly, would be better for me than what the Dr prescribes, but i have a hang up about illegal drugs.
View Quote
Try using it directly on the areas that hurt. My neck likes to go out and its miserable to change lanes while driving. I rub some balm on my neck and can feel the difference in 15 minutes, the pain is reduced by at least 50%
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It works very well for me. I've been taking it for about two years now, helps with my back and knee pain a lot.

Check out Gaia Ethnobotanicals, if you're looking for the best strain for pain relief check out an Red Veins, Red Bali, Red Maylay etc. Don't waste money buying it at smoke shops, it's WAY over priced and not good quality. Gaia offers a "first timer" sample pack that is great to let you try different strains and figure out which one is best for your needs. It takes a bit to find the perfect dose, but once you do you will definitely notice the positive effects.

The only downsides I have come across are that it is sometimes addictive (Mostly depends on the individual, it doesn't have the same effect on everyone), and keep in mind you are ingesting a lot of plant matter, you may get a little stopped up.

Feel free to shoot me an IM or email if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. One of the best places for info is on Reddit, the kratom subreddit is r/kratom
View Quote
Plant matter is fiber, it has the opposite effect than what you are describing.

Opiates on the other hand shut down your digestive tract if used in high doses.

Plants are not addicting.

Opioids are.

Your post is very confusing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I get it but it does look like there are some places that manufacture capsules without that disclaimer. Just makes me wonder if they do any testing.

Eta:  To make sure I'm not getting powder laced with monkey shit or something.
View Quote
Look, miracle cures come with a price.

If you want pain relief, there's going to be some down sides.

Monkey shit might just be what you need.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Opioids are.

View Quote
Opiates come from a plant.  The Opium Poppy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I recieved the Red Borneo yesterday. I started with what is said to be a light dose of 1.5 teaspoons estimated at 2.5 grams After 10 mins i felt a uplifting sense and a slight pain relief. That remained ok. After one hour I decided to take another 1.5 teaspoons for a total of 3 teaspoons approximately 5 grams.

5 grams is more than i care to take again. I did get strong pain relief. However the sedative was a bit much. I felt druged. With slightly upsetting stomach 6 hours in. I regurgitated about two mouthfuls. and began to feal better. Today i am groggy and needing rest.

I think the most I will do again is 1.5 to 2 teaspoons.

Advise never assume Doubling down is safe from the effects you feel.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I injured my back last year and go through bouts of fairly debilitating nerve pain. I've been given some opiates on occasion but really dont want to go down that road.

After watching the netflix documentary on kratom, I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Anyone have good results with it for pain mitigation?  What about reputable sources?
View Quote
I take pain pills for headaches, and they help with muscle pain.  I bought a bunch of kratom from that site that joe Rowan always raves about, and by the second eeek was trying 5-6 at a time.  I never felt any different in any way.  My personal experience rates it below aspirin.   I spent almost $100 on it all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I take pain pills for headaches, and they help with muscle pain.  I bought a bunch of kratom from that site that joe Rowan always raves about, and by the second eeek was trying 5-6 at a time.  I never felt any different in any way.  My personal experience rates it below aspirin.   I spent almost $100 on it all.
View Quote
What is the name of that website if you don't mind? I have had trouble ordering from a couple places kratom crazy, decent price, took 2 weeks get order. kratomusabulk, ordered and never heard a word from them.

I buy 000 size vegi caps and fill them, I tried mixing in water, tea, horrible in water, not bad in tea. I tried orange juice and that works really well for mixing and loosing some of the dirt taste
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I took your advice and ordered from Gaia Ethnobotanicals and got the Red Borneo. It was very strong.

Only issue is it made me feel like i needed to sleep all weekend. I felt very run down and tired.

can you recommend a good one from them that doesn't?

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've tried it and would recommend you try it.  Just be sure to get from a reputable source.  Tastes like shit so get it in pill form.
View Quote
Diet Sunkist (to halt insane sugar intake from orange juice or regular sunkist) is the best thing to mix with it

Orange flavor covers it up beautifully
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Gave CBD a shot.  Ordered from lazarus naturals and it seems to be working pretty well.  I got the high potency sample pack which has a tincture, capsules, and coconut oil infused with cbd.  Planning to get some isolate for vaping as well.. got a yocan evolve plus on ebay for 20 bucks after doing some reading on reddit about what to use.  There's some places near me that sell the isolate but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it there or online.. online is probably cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I asked our drug prevention coordinator aka..the piss test lady about Kratom just yesterday and she said it's a no-go for active duty, but civilians are highly advise not to take it because it's considered an opiate and completely unregulated at this time.

Not exactly sure I agree with her and she couldn't provide a reference, but maybe something to consider if you are active duty.

I'm seriously considering trying it myself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I asked our drug prevention coordinator aka..the piss test lady about Kratom just yesterday and she said it's a no-go for active duty, but civilians are highly advise not to take it because it's considered an opiate and completely unregulated at this time.

Not exactly sure I agree with her and she couldn't provide a reference, but maybe something to consider if you are active duty.

I'm seriously considering trying it myself.
View Quote
Your drug prevention coordinator is full of fecal matter.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@Fuchi

Taking it until you "Feel Fuzzy Warm" is how one gets stuck on it.  Just enough to make the pain bearable, and not every day.  That's key.    

Go 3 days without every 2 weeks or so and you'll know if you're becoming dependent on it, some people do, some don't.  You'll usually know by the end of the 3rd day, if you feel like crap, then go a few weeks without and take it less often.    If you don't feel restless/hot-cold flashes end of day 3, then you're doing just fine.   It's much easier to figure it out if you continue to do that, blindly continuing without knowing is how people end up with bad withdrawals.  Withdrawal, from descriptions, are something like cold turkey Tramadol meets quitting smoking + the pain it relieved returning with anger.
View Quote

@brass knows exactly what he is talking about. He nailed it. This is the mistake I made, I was uninformed when I started taking it so I didn't know that that chasing the "Warm and fuzzy" is a bad idea. I am addicted to it now, I can taper off and not worry about withdrawals too bad, but it really helps with my back and knee pain so I will continue to take it.

But he is not kidding when he said the pain returns with anger. If I stop taking it for more than 12 hours or so I start getting the withdrawal symptoms and my knees start aching like fucking crazy.

It's funny that he mentions Tramadol, I was on that daily for about 6 months, was addicted to that and it was the reason I started looking into Kratom. I had been through Tramadol withdrawals before and it was no fun. I stopped taking Tramadol and started on Kratom and it got rid of all the withdrawals I would have experienced.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Opioids are.

View Quote

It sounds like you need to do more research.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Look, miracle cures come with a price.

If you want pain relief, there's going to be some down sides.

Monkey shit might just be what you need.
View Quote

That was a dumb reply.

The reason it is labeled "Not for human consumption" is because it is not FDA approved, therefore it can not legally be sold for human consumption. That little sticker covers their ass.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top