You hate stock lugs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
luger that is free from encumbrances

You hate stock lugs?

My country places encumbrances on handguns. Best to just remove encumbrances when you can
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Since I started collecting service rifles in 1972, the one elusive rifle has been the 1895 Navy Lee 6mm straight-pull, the first smokeless-powder rifle Uncle Sam type-adopted. Granted, they only made 15,000 of them, but they only made half as many Rasheeds and I found one of them. The cartridge (sort of) lives on in the .220 Swift. Wouldn't mind a Johnson either, but they have become too expensive for ready acquisition. A full-tilt-boogie Thompson is on the list too, if my beloved state ever gets its head out of California's ass with regard to possession.

ETA: I am also reminded that I have always wanted a Winchester High Wall. Caliber is almost irrelevant, but .45-90 or .50-90 would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've aways wanted a nice Luger. Got to shoot a buddy's bonafide and papered, Battle of the Bulge captured, Luger that his father brought home. Likely it was not fired since 1944. Just to hold that history was awesome.

I'd like a nice M-1 Garand again.

I've also wanted an AKSU-74 since I first saw one.

1DD
View Quote

Buddy of mine has, or had (not sure) an artillery model luger with an original holster stock. Definitely neat, but it doesn't get shot much, plus it feels kind of odd with how the stick attaches to the bottom of the grip. Claims he paid less than a grand for it. I think he's full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I hunted far and wide for a .45 Camp Carbine for just over a decade before I found one in good shape, not bubba'd, and for a decent price.

It's in my "guns I'll never sell" list. Also one of the first centerfires I transition new shooters to, as it's not particularly loud or stiff on recoil.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Springfield full-rail Operator

BUT

With Novak sights and a barrel bushing instead of a bull barrel.  I've seen pictures.  I know they exist.  But they're so rare, they might as well not exist.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Golanis are piles of shit unless you put alot of work into them.  My two dream guns were the SCAR 17 and a Galil. 308.  Recently acquired the SCAR.   Working on the Galil
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason a real Galil came to mind. I'd like one of the Golanis but.....yeah lol not the same

The Golanis are piles of shit unless you put alot of work into them.  My two dream guns were the SCAR 17 and a Galil. 308.  Recently acquired the SCAR.   Working on the Galil

I've always heard this...I played with one at a shop once. Pulled the bolt back and it got stuck there. Did everything I could think of to get it go back home but it just stayed in the rear position. Took the mag out, wiggled the charging handle, bumped it with my hand a couple times. It just....got stuck. Decided against them after that
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
MP-5
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Right off the top of my head would be a nice 38 Super, passed on a Colt many years ago and haven't seen one since, at least when I have been in a position to buy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
a BAR
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Of all the people who want a BAR, how many have ever carried one around?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Marlin Camp Carbine for many years, but finally found one for a good price a few months ago.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I shot one at a machine gun shoot a few years ago.  All I could think at the time was, "The guys who carried these things AND a bandoleer of magazines were MANLY FUCKING MEN."  

DAMN they're heavy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

I shot one at a machine gun shoot a few years ago.  All I could think at the time was, "The guys who carried these things AND a bandoleer of magazines were MANLY FUCKING MEN."  

DAMN they're heavy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

DAMN they're heavy.

Precisely.

So is the Thompson, but lots of folks want one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A truly handmade flintlock long rifle made for me.  I don't know why but after seeing the handmade rifles at Colonial Williamsburg I've wanted one.
View Quote

I want a Wallace Gusler rifle
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Dream gun since I was a kid.  Will most likely continue being a dream.

I don't want a deactivated one either.

I have bought a couple of other guns recently I've wanted to play around with for a long time, but the Bren in 7.62x51 will remain my dream gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since I started collecting service rifles in 1972, the one elusive rifle has been the 1895 Navy Lee 6mm straight-pull, the first smokeless-powder rifle Uncle Sam type-adopted.
View Quote

I was at the WAC show in Puyallup last weekend and saw the nicest military Lee straight-pull I've seen in years while walking the aisles.  Didn't ask the price but you might not be that far from your quest if you check back next month.

My choices would be a 1919A2 Cavalry Browning MG or M1922 BAR, again specifically issued to Cav troops for a few years in the 1920s and 1930s
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Wilson Combat 1911
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Holland & Holland double in 375 H&H
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top