BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did we organize this?  It doesn't seem like we did, given the location, the event, etc.  Seems more like South Africa fucked up and hired someone who wasn't qualified.

But hey, Obama's in the picture so it must be his fault.

"The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama"
View Quote

Well it kind of fits in with the whole thing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It was appropriate for the occation: eulogy for fake hero by fake president signed by fake interpreter
View Quote

Exactly. It was very fitting. Almost symbolic.

I think the term I'm looking for is serindipity.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sign language has to have syntax, right?  Like.. verbs come before nouns, etc?  Do people who grow up reading languages which have non SVO syntax have their own sign language variants?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the translator was signing in American Sign Language and the South African guy only knows South African Sign Language therefore to him it looked meaningless.

There is an International Sign language that is similar to ASL.  That would have been the proper format, and anyone who knows ASL would be able to follow it.

Sign language has to have syntax, right?  Like.. verbs come before nouns, etc?  Do people who grow up reading languages which have non SVO syntax have their own sign language variants?
IIRC ASL does, but it is alllll fucked up vs normal English.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Africa Wins Again
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
most sign language interpreters are women.  Given that its South Africa, she was probably raped twice just that morning and didn't feel up to the job, thus the need for the stand in.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone on Team Barry thought this was a good idea....

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the translator was signing in American Sign Language and the South African guy only knows South African Sign Language therefore to him it looked meaningless.

There is an International Sign language that is similar to ASL.  That would have been the proper format, and anyone who knows ASL would be able to follow it.

Kharn

Yep.  I'm deaf and don't know any sign language.  It's really obvious for me to tell if I'm reading a deaf person's text message/ email/ FB status.

But without knowing the details behind the interpreter's credentials or whether he was bullshitting the entire thing, every country pretty much has its own variant on sign language.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#9]
wow. what an idiot
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He was prolly throwing gang signs like they do on Facebook.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Or maybe not!

There are perhaps two hundred sign languages in use around the world today. The number is not known with any confidence; new sign languages emerge frequently through creolization and de novo (and occasionally through language planning). In some countries, such as Sri Lanka and Tanzania, each school for the deaf may have a separate language, known only to its students and sometimes denied by the school; on the other hand, countries may share sign languages, though sometimes under different names (Croatian and Serbian, Indian and Pakistani). Deaf sign languages also arise outside of educational institutions, especially in village communities with high levels of congenital deafness, but there are significant sign languages developed for the hearing as well, such as the speech-taboo languages used in aboriginal Australia. Scholars are doing field surveys to identify the world's sign languages.[
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It was appropriate for the occation: eulogy for fake hero by fake president signed by fake interpreter
View Quote

This makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But there he is, and he got away with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More than likely he was a local who lied about his credentials.
Man, king of the attention whores.  It would never occur to me to do something like that.  

Ironic. I wonder how Barry felt to know that the guy had faked his qualifications?

Aside from that, watching it reminded me of a couple of fakers from back in the 80s, Milli Vanilli
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pomp and circumstance and all that..probably because no one actually qualifies there to do that job.. So it's all an illusion..just like the BS about how great Mandela was..he was their"great revered leader"..Zero is ours..taking "selfies" no less at the "party"

In truth the country of S.A. iis more pucked up now than it ever has been..but no one comments on that..long as they have the black Marxists who hate whites in charge.
Google farm murders South African farm murders of whites
learn what these folks are all about..genocide is genocide no matter the instigators..Their whole system is now built on lies and corruption..but no one dares criticize them..or their "annointed one" Mandela.
View Quote

and more dangerous not just for Whites but Blacks too. Rape has become almost a social norm.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep.  I'm deaf and don't know any sign language.  It's really obvious for me to tell if I'm reading a deaf person's text message/ email/ FB status.

But without knowing the details behind the interpreter's credentials or whether he was bullshitting the entire thing, every country pretty much has its own variant on sign language.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Is the syntax order off?  Do they leave out articles such as "the"?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Man, king of the attention whores.  It would never occur to me to do something like that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I did that while Zero was talking I would make jack off and self induced vomit  gestures
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts are that he's some high level politician's brother in law who got the gig just to split a big paycheck with the politician.  Next week the guy will be the concrete contractor on a major government construction project that collapses in a few years, where it will be found that it only had 1/3 the required rebar and 10x more sand than cement in the concrete mix.

Typical Turd Whirld shithole political corruption and bribery at work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came here to say this.

Get out of my head 4th.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I always wanted to pretend to be a sign language interpreter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

So much for South African "Security".......

Seems the vetting standards for South African Signers are about as thorough as the vetting standards for Democrat Presidential candidates!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

...My thoughts are that he's some high level politician's brother in law who got the gig just to split a big paycheck with the politician.  Next week the guy will be the concrete contractor on a major government construction project that collapses in a few years, where it will be found that it only had 1/3 the required rebar and 10x more sand than cement in the concrete mix.

View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised.

My brother's travels in the Navy included a visit to Ivory Coast to meet with some senior military people in that nation's army.  He was greeted at the dock by a portly middle-aged man in what appeared to be the dress uniform of a general, festooned with medals and decorations.  The man took my brother and his crew into a conference room and spoke with them for a while, then he got up and walked out.

In a few minutes some REAL Ivorian army flag officers came into the room and introduced themselves.  They explained that the other man was a relative of the president of the country, that he was delusional, and that they just humored him and allowed him to believe he was in charge of the army.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised.

My brother's travels in the Navy included a visit to Ivory Coast to meet with some senior military people in that nation's army.  He was greeted at the dock by a portly middle-aged man in what appeared to be the dress uniform of a general, festooned with medals and decorations.  The man took my brother and his crew into a conference room and spoke with them for a while, then he got up and walked out.

In a few minutes some REAL Ivorian army flag officers came into the room and introduced themselves.  They explained that the other man was a relative of the president of the country, that he was delusional, and that they just humored him and allowed him to believe he was in charge of the army.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...My thoughts are that he's some high level politician's brother in law who got the gig just to split a big paycheck with the politician.  Next week the guy will be the concrete contractor on a major government construction project that collapses in a few years, where it will be found that it only had 1/3 the required rebar and 10x more sand than cement in the concrete mix.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe THAT'S how we got Obama?!?!.......The Obama Presidency is some kind of a joke......right?!?!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#26]
If you look at how infrequently he signs, no way there could be any info.

Maybe he only knew 10 phrases and only signed when he heard one of the 10.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]
So you're saying hes a fake just like our president?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it was a local guy who had volunteered at other events there.

Barry had nothing to do with it.  Although FBHO for good measure.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Todd Margeret tried this once. It did not work out for him.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#30]
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/12/interpreter-for-mandela-memorial-says-was-hallucinating/

'NOTHING I COULD DO'

Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating on stage

A man who stood close to President Obama and other heads of state
while providing sign language interpretation at Nelson Mandela’s
memorial Tuesday says he was hallucinating and hearing voices.

View Quote

Thamsanqa Jantjie did not describe his qualifications for being a
sign language interpreter, but told The Star he works for an
interpreting company that paid him $85 for interpreting Tuesday's event.
He told Radio 702 Thursday he's receiving treatment for schizophrenia and had an episode while on stage.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Jantjie said he had
visions of angels while walking into the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg and
was trying not to panic because there were "armed policemen all around
me." Jantjie also said that he had been hospitalized in mental health
facility for more than a year, and admitted that he had been become
violent "a lot" as a result of his illness, without revealing details.

"There was nothing I could do. I was alone in a very dangerous
situation. I tried to control myself and not show the world what was
going on. I am very sorry, it’s the situation I found myself in,"
Jantjie told the Star.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home robbed during Mandela memorial

JOHANNESBURG –  Police in South Africa
say retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home was robbed while he was away
to attend a memorial honoring Nelson Mandela.

A statement Wednesday from the South African Police Service said the
robbery of Tutu's home in Cape Town happened between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Tuesday. That was the day the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and foe of
apartheid spoke at the memorial service at a soccer stadium in Soweto
township of Johannesburg.

Aferka wins again

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:50 AM EDT
[#31]
There is a very simple explanation...

He was hired by the ANC and This Is Africa.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Dunno, but its damn funny!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#33]

You may remember him from My Name Is Earl
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't believe that they guy was a total fraud and now an admitted schizophrenic and he was standing 2 feet from the President of the United States. Somebody was not doing their job on that day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:23:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't hear but I want to go to concerts, seminars, join the debate club etc. so I expect and quite frankly I'm entitled to have somebody communicate to me and if it costs somebody else some money tough shit.  

Sincerely, ADA

ps I plan on climbing Mt. Everest next year even though I'm blind and have no legs. Make it happen.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:27:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/12/interpreter-for-mandela-memorial-says-was-hallucinating/

'NOTHING I COULD DO'

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/ucat/images/root/212/96/Cfakepathinterpreterthumb_20131212_055048.jpg

Thamsanqa Jantjie did not describe his qualifications for being a sign language interpreter, but told The Star he works for an interpreting company that paid him $85 for interpreting Tuesday's event. He told Radio 702http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png Thursday he's receiving treatment for schizophrenia and had an episode while on stage.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Jantjie said he had visions of angels while walking into the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg and was trying not to panic because there were "armed policemen all around me." Jantjie also said that he had been hospitalized in mental health facility for more than a year, and admitted that he had been become violent "a lot" as a result of his illness, without revealing details.

"There was nothing I could do. I was alone in a very dangerous situation. I tried to control myself and not show the world what was going on. I am very sorry, it’s the situation I found myself in," Jantjie told the Star.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/11/archbishop-desmond-tutu-home-robbed-during-mandela-memorial/

JOHANNESBURG –  Police in South Africa say retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home was robbed while he was away to attend a memorial honoring Nelson Mandela.

A statement Wednesday from the South African Police Service said the robbery of Tutu's home in Cape Town happened between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Tuesday. That was the day the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and foe of apartheid spoke at the memorial service at a soccer stadium in Soweto township of Johannesburg.

Aferka wins again

View All Quotes
Quoted:

'NOTHING I COULD DO'

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/ucat/images/root/212/96/Cfakepathinterpreterthumb_20131212_055048.jpg

A man who stood close to President Obama and other heads of state while providing sign language interpretation at Nelson Mandela’s memorial Tuesday says he was hallucinating and hearing voices.

Thamsanqa Jantjie did not describe his qualifications for being a sign language interpreter, but told The Star he works for an interpreting company that paid him $85 for interpreting Tuesday's event. He told Radio 702http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png Thursday he's receiving treatment for schizophrenia and had an episode while on stage.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Jantjie said he had visions of angels while walking into the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg and was trying not to panic because there were "armed policemen all around me." Jantjie also said that he had been hospitalized in mental health facility for more than a year, and admitted that he had been become violent "a lot" as a result of his illness, without revealing details.

"There was nothing I could do. I was alone in a very dangerous situation. I tried to control myself and not show the world what was going on. I am very sorry, it’s the situation I found myself in," Jantjie told the Star.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/11/archbishop-desmond-tutu-home-robbed-during-mandela-memorial/

JOHANNESBURG –  Police in South Africa say retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home was robbed while he was away to attend a memorial honoring Nelson Mandela.

A statement Wednesday from the South African Police Service said the robbery of Tutu's home in Cape Town happened between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Tuesday. That was the day the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and foe of apartheid spoke at the memorial service at a soccer stadium in Soweto township of Johannesburg.

Aferka wins again

This is utterly rediculous.  World class events with Presidents should have qualified and non-crazy people doing the sign language.  Not some crazy schmoe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Obama's interpreter, Thamsanqa Jantjie, does not know sign language period.

South African sign language interpreter Francois Deysel tweeted during the ceremony that the interpreter was "making a mockery of our profession."
View Quote

Bruno Druchen, the national director of the Deaf Federation of South Africa, told The Associated Press that the interpreter on stage was a "fake."

The man "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Druchen added.
View Quote

More likely just a patronage job for the communist ANC party in charge of South Africa.

Khoza said the interpreter was employed by the South African government for the Mandela memorial event.
View Quote

Jantjie said he worked for a company called SA Interpreters, hired by the ANC for Tuesday's ceremony at Johannesburg's 95,000-seat Soccer City stadium.

Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu said Thursday that government officials have tried to track down the company that contracted Jantjie for the memorial service but that the owners "have vanished into thin air."
View Quote

However, officials with the Deaf Federation of South Africa claim they had complained about Jantjie before, but they were ignored by the Africa National Congress.
View Quote

He must be related to someone in the ANC Communist party IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I just don't understand these politicians and muckity muck busy bodies.  If I did something like this (hire a fraud) at my job, without doing due diligence in regards to his qualifications, I'd be out on my ass.  These people are alien creatures far removed from the human race.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortune favors the bold, I suppose....

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I just don't understand these politicians and muckity muck busy bodies.  If I did something like this (hire a fraud) at my job, without doing due diligence in regards to his qualifications, I'd be out on my ass.  These people are alien creatures far removed from the human race.
View Quote

Remember this was a last minute trip, without much notice.  

The Secret Service agents didn't have enough time to screen psychopaths -- they were probably spending their time trying to score some dope and/or poon.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which idiot on stage are you talking about. These remarks could be about either crazy Aferkan on the stage.

Zero is to pres and that crazy guy is to actual def folks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#42]
edit for sanity
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

given who i was assigned to protect, i would have been too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember this was a last minute trip, without much notice.  
The Secret Service agents didn't have enough time to screen psychopaths -- they were probably spending their time trying to score some dope and/or poon.  

given who i was assigned to protect, i would have been too.

So you let personal feelings affect how you perform you job?  How professional.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

word up
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Corrupt ANC crony getting paid.
In Africa its who you know over what you know.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top