User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be real dude... We can't even unlock an Iphone.
View Quote

FBI *claims* they can't unlock an iPhone. How would they benefit from getting a court order making Apple provide hacking software for iPhones?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Apparently the EMP Drive ALSO breaks the law of conservation ... but it works  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An antigravity device is real.

The public releases have been pulled, the info is packed away somewhere tighter than a frog's ass.

Consider this -

Personal electrical power generation at every home powered by the potential energy of a weight.  All that is required to move the weight to the top of its tower is turning a simple disc looking object under the weight.  When the weight is in position, swing the disc out of the way.

So you believe that this anti-gravity device breaks the law of conservation.  You believe that you can put less energy into moving something up than you get when it comes back down.
Apparently the EMP Drive ALSO breaks the law of conservation ... but it works  

One of your two assumptions is wrong. Either it doesn't work or it doesn't violate conservation.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to listen to a former CIA operative who (you could say) single handedly ended the Cold War by obtaining a shoebox full of KGB codes from a defector and somehow getting the defecting KGB agent and his wife and daughter out of the Soviet Union safely. If you feel like getting into the details of the operation, read "Red Rabbit" by Tom Clancy. Not one of his most well known books, but the CIA guy said the level of accuracy is ridiculously high, so high that the CIA had to threaten Clancy to stop publishing shit like that or otherwise there were gonna be problems.

Anyway, the guy said we already have technology beyond your wildest dreams, the only reason they don't (or can't) release it to the public is that doing so would cause a "technology shock" in America aka society couldn't handle such a degree of technological change so quickly without serious negative repercussions.

Some guy asked him whether he had ever seen an alien, to which he replied "What, alive or dead? Next question!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The ability to factor large numbers into primes in less than polynomial time.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a little bit of an odd statement, google scholar right now returns 21,700 articles on adaptive camouflage.  And the Russian research paper that started the stealth movement has been available on the internet since I can remember -- I don't recall it ever vanishing, nor would it be that easy to make that happen.

Typically once something hits the internet that's the end of keeping it a secret.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to follow scholarly research articles on adaptive camouflage, mainly done by universities funded by DARPA, then one day a good amount of it disappeared from the internet.  Much like how the Stealth Technology of the F-117 and B-2 bomber was based on an obscure Russian Research Paper, which suddenly vanished from public view  

That's a little bit of an odd statement, google scholar right now returns 21,700 articles on adaptive camouflage.  And the Russian research paper that started the stealth movement has been available on the internet since I can remember -- I don't recall it ever vanishing, nor would it be that easy to make that happen.

Typically once something hits the internet that's the end of keeping it a secret.  

I can say with certainty that the copy of that Russian paper I saw in 1985 had SECRET stamped all over it.  I fed it and a lot of other interesting stuff to big diesel-powered shredder when I had to clear our vault of old documents left over from the F-4G Wild Weasel development period.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do." Ben Rich  

I believe 100% that we have the ability of interstellar travel.  

Why?  

Seen the latest news about NASA revealing a new "laser drive" that can get a spacecraft to Mars in 3 days?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
From what some very brilliant sciencey types tell me, we're more or less at a point where we can edit a human being's DNA to make radical changes. Here in the US ethics has held a lot of that research back, but in China, there aren't the inhibitions, they wouldn't blink at killing 250K people in trials to get a desired result.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In violation of the constitution, we collect the meta data of every single American's private phone calls. . . .

oh wait you already know about that secret program.

Thanks again Snowden!
View Quote

And yet the Feebs need to crack the encryption on an iPhone to figure out the SB shooter's contact list.  Something there does not add up.

But to the OP's question:  I have no knowledge of any such secret technology, nor would I be disposed to discuss it if I did.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can say with certainty that the copy of that Russian paper I saw in 1985 had SECRET stamped all over it.  I fed it and a lot of other interesting stuff to big diesel-powered shredder when I had to clear our vault of old documents left over from the F-4G Wild Weasel development period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to follow scholarly research articles on adaptive camouflage, mainly done by universities funded by DARPA, then one day a good amount of it disappeared from the internet.  Much like how the Stealth Technology of the F-117 and B-2 bomber was based on an obscure Russian Research Paper, which suddenly vanished from public view  

Russian paper?   Did it by chance also have WNINTEL stamped on it?  Because that sounds like the sort of thing that could burn a source.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Everything Nikola Tesla invented after alternating current.

That is all.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody's ever stamped an open source document classified...  :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing.  The Klintons gave it all to the Chinese.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do." Ben Rich
View Quote

Y'know, it's entirely possible he was just referring to Project Orion.  It's not something that would have been widely know of in 1993, it's entirely capable of interstellar travel at the larger ends of the model scaling, and it's a technology that would indeed take an act of God to get the government to actually build and deploy in a useful manner.

I remember seeing those photos of the high-flying delta wing aircraft about a month ago in another thread...and then the USAF goes off and published a rendering of the B-21 today that looks damn similar.  I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the original guy posting that did indeed see some of the B-21 prototypes flying that day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my understanding, too
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Alan Parsons Project.
View Quote

Eye in the sky? I friggin love that song
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

From what some very brilliant sciencey types tell me, we're more or less at a point where we can edit a human being's DNA to make radical changes. Here in the US ethics has held a lot of that research back, but in China, there aren't the inhibitions, they wouldn't blink at killing 250K people in trials to get a desired result.
View Quote

I am ok with that
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seen the latest news about NASA revealing a new "laser drive" that can get a spacecraft to Mars in 3 days?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe 100% that we have the ability of interstellar travel.  

Why?  

You mean the theoretical device which they're just now experimenting with on a small scale and lord knows when they'd actually be able to build a human sized craft based on the idea, let alone the support mechanisms?  Hardly the same as claiming we currently have interstellar travel...
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL-no, L-o-Fucking-L at "interstellar travel"

Seriously, really?

Really?

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Russian paper?   Did it by chance also have WNINTEL stamped on it?  Because that sounds like the sort of thing that could burn a source.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was from a USAF source, USAF printed document with the classification.  Why we had a copy of it I don't know.  But we also had some other documents I have no idea why we had as well, except they dealt vaguely with air defense suppression (with ICBMs) and defeating radar networks (which may have been the reason for the Russian paper).

Cleaning up after classified material packrats had its scary moments.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Alan Parsons Project.

They had a problem with the fuel they were up to preparation G but now they moved on the preparation H.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Large EMP pulse emitters with thermal, flash and gamma side effects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Almost there
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon/

Quoted:

The public releases have been pulled, the info is packed away somewhere tighter than a frog's ass.

speaking of frogs...

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost there
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon/

Quoted:

speaking of frogs...

https://youtu.be/A1vyB-O5i6E

Did they shove a magnet down its throat?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost there

Quoted:

speaking of frogs...

https://youtu.be/A1vyB-O5i6E

very strong magnetic field
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think we all remember the Halliburton hurricane machine that Bush funded to kill black people.

View Quote

It's real, ever wonder how that huge cat 5 that hit Puerto  Valarta didn't cause any damage? Yep you guessed it.

I heard they normally park it in Galveston Bay, Texas
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've been told that sophisticated AI exists and functional. Its being used to manipulate social media on the fly to sway public opinion among other things.

View Quote

This wouldn't require a sophisticated AI, and I'm sure multiple organizations have active programs doing this.

Hell, if I set my mind to it, I could do it in a year or two.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Puppy Monkey Baby.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
delete
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool thread OP! Oh wait...

Regardless, cool thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I think there's an AI, an AI way beyond IBM's Watson or anything Google or anyone else has come up with yet, and its plugged into all of the NSA's stuff going through our emails and phone calls, browsing habits and telling humans who deserves more personal attention
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top