Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Hiking in Pisgah Nat'l Forest.  Looking Glass Rock, Graveyard Fields, South Fork Mills River are very nice areas.  If you like a longer hike the trip out to Shining Rocks isn't a bad hike but it's not a short one.  

Buy the National Geographic map for the area and pick something.  You'll have cooler weather on or near the Blue Ridge Parkway and warmer down in the valleys.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
NAVITAT.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a wee heavy ale from a brewery in Asheville the other day that was really good.  I can't remember the name of it though.  As has been said, it's pretty much beer, hippies, and the Biltmore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Eat at 9 Mile, Tupelo Honey café, and the Moose Cafe. Visit Craggy Gardens. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. Look at all the hippies. Kayak past Biltmore. Drink Microbrews.

Lots of stuff to do there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Hike up Mt. Pisgah then get dinner at the Pisgah Inn.  Try their bourbon pecan pie for dessert.  You can thank me when you get back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Screw Asheville. It went to shit in the '60s when the red-diaper-doper-babies moved in. See Biltmore, then hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and head to Abingdon, VA. Lots to do in it and the surrounding areas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top