Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Either die or go looking for a guy with a flamethrower ?? a bunch of mechanics and someone who knows how to make enough stifling leather armor to equip a post apocalyptic army of cannibalistic bondage enthusiasts.
View Quote

Poll fail for no option - become Warlord of the Wasteland!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably take up smoking again.
View Quote

Been to Maui recently?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:38:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna try to become a warlord.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully I'll be home and not half a continent away
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#8]
i'm pretty close to, and usually work in NYC.

i chose "other", as i'll probably be vaporized.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:16:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Do everything I can to get underneath the first warhead. I don't want to live in a world run by people stupid enough to start a nuclear war.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#10]
My plan is to go out like Florida man.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully see it!

I’ve regretted never seeing a nuclear explosion.  I’ve seen low explosives & through SWAT connection, seen dynamite & C4–big bada boom!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have 5 right now, should I get more?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally spend my bottle caps.

If you want to buy some Radaway, which you will really want to have, then yes you need more.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only way the USA gets nuked is if Biden triggers a global exchange
View Quote
When
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
im pretty sure id be dead.  NYC is about 6hrs away and it would prolly be the 1st hit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#16]
My boss will probably expect me to come in for my normal shift.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Either die or go looking for a guy with a flamethrower ?? a bunch of mechanics and someone who knows how to make enough stifling leather armor to equip a post apocalyptic army of cannibalistic bondage enthusiasts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I don’t know what I’ll do but I know I definitely won’t be going in to work!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Crawl under my desk or pull a blanket over me.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will assume 1,000,000 degrees C in a millisecond.  Quite an accomplishment, actually.
View Quote

A nuke somewhere in the country makes Arizona colder? Sounds wrong but I don't know enough about thermodynamics to officially call bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A nuke somewhere in the country makes Arizona colder? Sounds wrong but I don't know enough about thermodynamics to officially call bullshit.
View Quote

Not that's some funny stuff right there, I tell you whut.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Fun answer? War lord.

What would more likely happen, since our small isolated town would be most likely safe (even from fallout), we’d probably stick together (aside from a few shit heads) there would be quite a few community and neighborhood gardens. Fishing, harvesting and hunting will be done from kayaks and there will probably be a lot of people learning to sail.

Our town already has a local farmers market, about half the items sold are locally grown food. It’s good being more independent.

There’s just over 8000 here in winter. If freight stopped arriving, that would get interesting. We have a hydro, so unless there there’s a close emp (doubtful) we’d still have power even.  

There’d be a hell of a lot less fat folks after the diet change and all the extra manual labor. I say that because fit thinner people generally have fewer chronic medical issues, meaning it’ll put  less of a strain on the local hospital, but people will die if meds stop arriving.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not worried. Got enough surplus school desks from the elementary remodel for my family. We should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#24]
They are a few short years from getting their commie paradise. Why would they nuke us??  We’ll all be comrades and there won’t be any rich people. ?? Except the party bosses of course. The.01%
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I plan on living with the cockroaches.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will pull teeth in exchange for a chicken.
View Quote

The radiation will cause teeth to fall out on their own, won’t need extraction.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#27]
In any SHTF scenario, my strategy is the same.

Shelter in place with close family, keep a low profile, defend what is mine, and wait for the initial bloodbath to fade before beginning to rebuild.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I live downwind of DC and Frederick (Ft Detrick), and Camp David, so I'm fucked.  Don't really have anywhere to flee to, being an on-foot refugee while the fallout drifts down = death.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Have a beer and shitpost 10000
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#30]
first order of business would be to ride over to a national guard armory and get an M2 and maybe a MK19

then turn my truck in to a technical just because.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I live in VT, gonna travel south to MA and play Fallout 4 for real!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Spend time with loved one, but also  Settle some scores..

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Repent sins.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fun answer? War lord.

What would more likely happen, since our small isolated town would be most likely safe (even from fallout), we'd probably stick together (aside from a few shit heads) there would be quite a few community and neighborhood gardens. Fishing, harvesting and hunting will be done from kayaks and there will probably be a lot of people learning to sail.

Our town already has a local farmers market, about half the items sold are locally grown food. It's good being more independent.

There's just over 8000 here in winter. If freight stopped arriving, that would get interesting. We have a hydro, so unless there there's a close emp (doubtful) we'd still have power even.  

There'd be a hell of a lot less fat folks after the diet change and all the extra manual labor. I say that because fit thinner people generally have fewer chronic medical issues, meaning it'll put  less of a strain on the local hospital, but people will die if meds stop arriving.
View Quote
Depends on whether or not you believe a large scale nuclear exchange would substantially change the environment. Some predictions show a substantial cooling effect that would severely impact farming, leading to mass starvation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally spend my bottle caps.

Make sure you hoard the right kind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My boss will probably expect me to come in for my normal shift.
View Quote

Oh there is probably about it. I know they will want that. "Well you are considered essential".
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#37]
"When"? We get nuked?

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Rated: Dupe
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I will pull teeth in exchange for a chicken.

Quoted:
The radiation will cause teeth to fall out on their own, won’t need extraction.
View Quote

For every negative there is a positive.

You'll get to enjoy a "Gummer Hummer" from the pick of your harem without any teeth scaping

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]
i will head to my lead paint bunker and eat the chips again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Die.
View Quote
Same. Live near one of the designated targets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Need to make plans.
View Quote

I want to be this guy:

Except It'll have t he outline of a lawn chair, a drink, and an outstretched hand with a baseball mitt on it "catching" the nuke.

The rest of yall can be the survivors.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Yeah, if DC gets nuked, I'm toast.

If for some reason I survive, you'll find me patrolling the Mohave and hoping for more gambling. Bring bottlecaps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Shelter in place.  I'm out of the blast area quite a ways.  

Hang out in the basement and celler for 4 weeks till the radiation drops.  Go out looking for long pork since I'm stocked up on barbecue sauce.

More likely,  go on a diet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If for some reason I survive, you'll find me patrolling the Mohave and hoping for more gambling. Bring bottlecaps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brotherhood of Steel, here I come!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dumb thread is Fucking stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb thread is dumb

Dumb thread is Fucking stupid

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#48]
If targeting is accurate, escape the blast zone and slowly die of radiation poisoning and maybe smoke inhalation but not before I have to mercy kill my pets. Party.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Masturbate furiously.
View Quote

But what will you do with the other 29 minutes until the nukes hit?

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Depends on whether or not you believe a large scale nuclear exchange would substantially change the environment. Some predictions show a substantial cooling effect that would severely impact farming, leading to mass starvation.
View Quote

The firestorms set off by thousands of nuclear explosions would add significant particulates to the upper atmosphere in addition to huge amount of radioactive dust from ground or near ground bursts (typical for hard targets) would certainly have an atmospheric affect.

The explosion of just one volcano halfway around the world in Indonesia caused 1847 to be called "the Year without Summer" in Europe causing widespread famine & strife.

Mass Starvation would quickly occur because the modern food system depends on Energy & Connectivity which would be destroyed in a significant nuclear exchange.

Fertilizer & pesticides are petroleum based along with the fact that 99.87% of farms (excepting maybe the Amish & Mennonites) are mechanized requiring fuel.

IF the weather cooperated, and IF the farms could manage to bring in a harvest with the materials on hand - then the question is How does it get to the Citizen in the city / town / village and in a form they can eat?

Modern food processing involves rail cars or trucks sending the raw food stock to become processed foods, packed and then returned to a warehouse hub for distribution.

Give most people a bag of harvested wheat saying "Here you go - enjoy it!" and they'd have no idea what to do with it to make anything edible.

In addition diseases not seen for decades or even centuries from various deficiencies of vitamins or malnutrition would return.

A BIG nuclear exchange isn't going to be some fatal radioactive doomsday shroud like "On the Beach" or "Dr. Strangelove" but the breakdown & destruction of utilities, energy, food production & distribution will be biblical.  

Remember the phrase "72 hours to Anarchy"? - try 7 months without regular food & You'd eventually have folks desperate enough who would resort to anything  to eat (AKA The Road).

Bigger_Hammer
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top