[#1]
Jesus.

Just a pack of fucking racists here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The same as it was before they got there
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
No Whitey to stifle their natural inventiveness?  I'm sure it would have looked like this:

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think he's googling stuff up right now, to avoid being embarrassed like that.

Likewise, I tried to google some basic information up, and apparently Google has tampered with the results.   I couldn't find any simple, basic information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be happy to be Educated.    Standing by to be informed.    Facts please, not opinions.
If he's going to mention Egypt and Carthage, I'm going to laugh my ass off, because there is a STARK difference between Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa.

Likewise, I tried to google some basic information up, and apparently Google has tampered with the results.   I couldn't find any simple, basic information.
I don't have to Google but most of the others in this thread should. African kingdoms such as Kush existed and might still be around. The Op's question is a flawed one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Medicine, hell they had trouble feeding large populations prior to the introduction of European agriculture. I once had a co-worker insist that the British Army took on and lost to Millions of Zulu during the Zulu wars. I countered that considering African and in particular Zulu farming techniques the area just couldn't have supported millions of Africans let alone millions of Zulu. I stated that the Zulu forces fielded actually numbered closer to 35-40,000. Needless to say, my former co-worker had little historical knowledge.
View Quote
Holy shit. “European” agriculture? Lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Granted, there was the Mali Empire...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire

Didn't have much of an impact globally, though. Not in the way countries and empires in Europe and Asia did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't have much of an impact globally, though. Not in the way countries and empires in Europe and Asia did.
That was very late in History.    Did Sub-Sahara Africa have Bronze armor and weapons?   Domestication of Horses, swine, cattle, chickens, etc?    Dairy products?   Organized Agriculture?    The Wheel?

Wagons?  Roads?    Iron?    Stone masonry?   Cement?    Bricks?   Architecture?

I honesty don't know.   Not presenting myself as an expert.   I'm the type of guy that goes to museums to learn this stuff, just for fun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So they would be on par with the Americas in the same situation?
View Quote
I believe so.  The tribes in the Americas were similar if not the same as those in Africa.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They would still be fighting with spears and living in the dirt.
View Quote
Kinda like West Virginia.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medicine, hell they had trouble feeding large populations prior to the introduction of European agriculture. I once had a co-worker insist that the British Army took on and lost to Millions of Zulu during the Zulu wars. I countered that considering African and in particular Zulu farming techniques the area just couldn't have supported millions of Africans let alone millions of Zulu. I stated that the Zulu forces fielded actually numbered closer to 35-40,000. Needless to say, my former co-worker had little historical knowledge.
Why is this a sensitive, hot button topic?    Stop being emotional and post your information.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That was very late in History.    Did Sub-Sahara Africa have Bronze armor and weapons?   Domestication of Horses, swine, cattle, chickens, etc?    Dairy products?   Organized Agriculture?    The Wheel?

I honesty don't know.   Not presenting myself as an expert.   I'm the type of guy that goes to museums to learn this stuff, just for fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kush had most of that stuff and conquered egypt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Just mud huts and no ships.

Just ask Pastor Manning.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Romans conquered Egypt AFTER it had been conquered by Alexander the Great. A Macedonian. Another white dude.
Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemaic dynasty after Alexander left. Cleopatra was the last descendant of the Ptolemies. She was white too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.

The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

ETA: I wonder what Egyptians might have came up with.
The Romans conquered Egypt AFTER it had been conquered by Alexander the Great. A Macedonian. Another white dude.
Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemaic dynasty after Alexander left. Cleopatra was the last descendant of the Ptolemies. She was white too.
Let's go back prior to that then.  If not conquered, would Egypt be a super-power and what technologies it might have came up with?  It's the only African country I can see would have any chance.

By the way... the guy who unified the north and south was also of white ancestry?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't have to Google but most of the others in this thread should. African kingdoms such as Kush existed and might still be around. The Op's question is a flawed one.
View Quote
Kush was long gone well before Christ.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Countries?

If a large powerful group formed it would likely engage in conquest. There is no reason to believe wars would be less frequent.

You are leaving out the whole "Arab conquest of North Africa" bit. The Arabs pushed deep into Africa taking slaves and engaging in conquest. Arabs are also white, but not the Christian European whites the OP intended.

Roman involvement was much more distant in time, consequently it is hard to see its effects. But the absence of Roman power allowed Arab Muslim expansion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.
Countries?

If a large powerful group formed it would likely engage in conquest. There is no reason to believe wars would be less frequent.

Quoted:
The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

You are leaving out the whole "Arab conquest of North Africa" bit. The Arabs pushed deep into Africa taking slaves and engaging in conquest. Arabs are also white, but not the Christian European whites the OP intended.

Roman involvement was much more distant in time, consequently it is hard to see its effects. But the absence of Roman power allowed Arab Muslim expansion.
I was assuming Arabs also not in the scenario.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That appears to be the North Africa, Middle East region.   Sumarians, Egyptians, Arians, etc.   Not Sub-Saharan Africa.(?)
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Let's go back prior to that then.  If not conquered, would Egypt be a super-power and what technologies it might have came up with?  It's the only African country I can see would have any chance.

By the way... the guy who unified the north and south was also of white ancestry?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carthage Egypt Kush  all might have developed interesting things.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kush also was conquered by Egypt first. Kush is really intertwined with Egypt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#18]
the Chi-coms would own it all
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd be able to tan instead of burn...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are you Racist?

Yes or No.    Tell the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct.   And Australia, Mate.
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
Are you Racist?

this thread wasn't started to discuss the prolification of technology in ancient times
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Its impossible to say
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#22]
It would look roughly the same...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Egypt certainly did develop interesting things but it was played out as a culture.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Carthage count?  It was founded by Phoenicians (white foreigners?)

Kush is interesting.  It would probably depend on how its skirmishes with Egypt would end-up.  One might finally take over the other and develop some interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why is this a sensitive, hot button topic?    Stop being emotional and post your information.
View Quote
Until 1500 central/northern Europe was not rich or powerful or knowledgeable save for Rome’s day or Greece’s day.
Henry the navigator basically created a 2 generation jump in tech with the Spanish caravel. After 1500 it was all over for the rest of the world. The Portuguese then Spanish then British, etc. take turns siphoning off the rest of the world. Like ANY other culture would when given the chance.

Europe was a pack of backwoods retards until the “sea people’s” crushing of the old world (Mesopotamia) gave Greece the chance to breathe around 700 BCE. They started right off from the architecture and knowledge of the Egyptians. This is well established. Rome took similar lessons and used a fantastic culture to conquer much of the western world.

They handed the baton back to the Arab world when Rome died off. Europe went back to its backwoods retard witch doctor using bullshit save the Roman Catholic Church.

Jared diamond and most historians understand human development through a number of factors.

Domesticatable animals,  available metals/materials, local predators, concentration of humans, etc.

Same reasons for Egypt and native Americans(Mayans) were far far ahead of the whole world for a while. 80% of Europe lagged behind the leaders of the world till 1500.

ETA: y’all can get back to your 88er circle jerk now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kush existed until the 4th century AD.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
this thread wasn't started to discuss the prolification of technology in ancient times
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
Are you Racist?

You should open your mind to learning about History, without all the racial baggage.   To me, History is interesting and beautiful in its complexity.

I wish everybody could see it that way, unencumbered by their modern day hangups.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Kush is interesting.  It would probably depend on how its skirmishes with Egypt would end-up.  One might finally take over the other and develop some interesting stuff.
View Quote
Kush and Egypt took over each other. Their history is wrapped up together.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#29]

General Butt Naked approves.

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Until 1500 central/northern Europe was not rich or powerful or knowledgeable save for Rome’s day or Greece’s day.
View Quote

other than Rome or Greece huh?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Haiti

It would look like Haiti

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Henry the navigator basically created a 2 generation jump in tech with the Spanish caravel. After 1500 it was all over for the rest of the world. The Portuguese then Spanish then British, etc. take turns siphoning off the rest of the world. Like ANY other culture would when given the chance.

Europe was a pack of backwoods retards until the “sea people’s” crushing of the old world (Mesopotamia) gave Greece the chance to breathe around 700 BCE. They started right off from the architecture and knowledge of the Egyptians. This is well established. Rome took similar lessons and used a fantastic culture to conquer much of the western world.

They handed the baton back to the Arab world when Rome died off. Europe went back to its backwoods retard witch doctor using bullshit save the Roman Catholic Church.

Jared diamond and most historians understand human development through a number of factors.

Domesticatable animals,  available metals/materials, local predators, concentration of humans, etc.

Same reasons for Egypt and native Americans(Mayans) were far far ahead of the whole world for a while. 80% of Europe lagged behind the leaders of the world till 1500.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your racism is showing Sir.  You should try harder to hide it.

You should also apply for a refund on your schooling.  Where did you go to college?

How long was "Rome's Day".

The Greeks?   Phoenicians?  Carthage?

I saw Bronze Age swords in the London museum, which pre-dated the Roman conquest.    Also, they had horses and chariots.

Please cite where I was misinformed about the technological progress of sub-Saharan Africa.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
History is a bit more complex than that. Human migration to and from Africa is fairly vast.
View Quote
This.  Sadly, Africa is not isolated like Australia.  So OP's question is moot.  Since they are not isolated, thus for them to develop on their own unmolested is impossible.  But the fact that even with constant interaction with other people, they still get stuck in the stone age is very telling.  Same can be said of the native North/South Americans.  I can only guess that the abundance of food source stymied their desire for advancement?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Spray can art all gone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You should open your mind to learning about History, without all the racial baggage.   To me, History is interesting and beautiful in its complexity.

I wish everybody could see it that way, unencumbered by their modern day hangups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you Racist?

You should understand that maybe people don't want the modern ideas of what is proper in California and New York. The same kind of modern views people like you would put on the savages of concurred lands
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Same as the Americas would look.  Like the stone age.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
hard to say say but I can guarantee you it wouldn't be half as fucked up as it is now.

also in this thread the closet racists conveniently out themselves.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This isn't correct. European warfare in the time of the Hundred Years War was quite sophisticated, far beyond most of the world at the time.

Quoted:
This isn't correct. The Arabs were less advanced then the Spanish they conquered as well as what remained of Rome (the Eastern Empire).

Quoted:
Diamond is a hack. He starts with his desired answer and works backwards.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Well they wouldn t have internet. That's a fact.

Considering that Africa is the lowest IQ continent, it would be shittier. Just a little shittier
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Same as the Americas would look.  Like the stone age.
View Quote
South America was in a primitive bronze age.

Africa was in the iron age but it isn't clear if it was imported tech.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Lots of plump lions and not very many natives

A bunch of skinny bitches with long titles in National Geographic magazine
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why the original question is a bit flawed as it is hard to seperate the importance of Mediterranean trade and racial migrations from historic outcomes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You should understand that maybe people don't want the modern ideas of what is proper in California and New York. The same kind of modern views people like you would put on the savages of concurred lands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you Racist?

I don't know what this means.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lots of plump lions and not very many natives

A bunch of skinny bitches with long titles in National Geographic magazine
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's why the original question is a bit flawed as it is hard to seperate the importance of Mediterranean trade and racial migrations from historic outcomes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not that the question is flawed. It's the the OP had a specific answer in mind and asked a question he thought would get that answer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This.  Sadly, Africa is not isolated like Australia.  So OP's question is moot.  Since they are not isolated, thus for them to develop on their own unmolested is impossible.  But the fact that even with constant interaction with other people, they still get stuck in the stone age is very telling.  Same can be said of the native North/South Americans.  I can only guess that the abundance of food source stymied their desire for advancement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
History is a bit more complex than that. Human migration to and from Africa is fairly vast.
I would say it was more lack of direct interaction with other cultures. Being fairly isolated they became an apex predator and didn't have much need to advance. The ones that did moved north and diffused.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Might"?

That area is known to be a rather important place in the development of civilization.   It was quite well documented with carving and large stone buildings.

The most interesting thing is how, or why, that technology never made it south of the Sahara.

Australia and America, was isolated by Oceans.

And yet, European explorers encountered Stone Age tribes when they got to Africa.    Why?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you Racist?

You must be a Yankee
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Whitey never bothered to what?

The question is ignorant, and not innocent.
View Quote
The truth is never kind.

So what would Africa look like if the White Devil never ever set foot on their shores?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top