Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone able to translate Floridaman to English?
View Quote
I'm 21 years Floridaman and can understand my backwoods floridaman ancestor talk, but I don't know about OP at all.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry it wasn't clear.  I come home from work asshat next door has actually gone to home depot and bought strings of flags. And cut off half my driveway and a corner of my new property.  As per my realtor and the lawyer.  I get to call local sheriff department and report the trespass.  I did deputy said cut the shit done and will look into the state laws for moving a survey marker.  Maybe theft, i dont know. So my options are drag his ass to court or sell my new home cause i could've stayed in California for this shit. Or xxxxx? Whats the call?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I read it three times and think I understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was this thread started by an over excited 12 year old boy who just saw his first boobie?

I read it three times and think I understand.

I read it six times and gained a new perspective on my grasp of reality. Time as we know it is not linear. Everything that will happen has already happened and we just haven't experienced it yet in our own narrow scope of awareness. All points in time are connected in a single moment that everyone who has ever lived and died or has yet to be born exists in simultaneously and Epstien still did not kill himself.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I'm from Wisconsin.

I'm confused about the whole 'flagging off' of gay flags.

- is he standing at the end of your driveway;
    - shooting out flags from his person?
    - is he waving flags at you in an attempt to advise that its not safe to land your craft in the area?

- are they rainbow flags?

ETA:  answers in post above.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can send proof of being male, if you provide current email.
View Quote

Number not type

Damn...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm convinced half of GD can barely speak English
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have a fresh survey in my hand. Dude is a dick and pulled some shit. Local deputy said cut his gay flags and wave. I just bought the damn place...shit.
View Quote

I can almost see where you’re coming from. So, we talking single wides or double wides here?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have s fresh survey he moved a pin and actually bought a string of flags to mark hos new property line...lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Survey says… wait, shit.

Have s fresh survey he moved a pin and actually bought a string of flags to mark hos new property line...lol

Did you try knocking on his door and asking what they were for? If they are manufactured, they might not have been placed by him.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya do.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry it wasn't clear.  I come home from work asshat next door has actually gone to home depot and bought strings of flags. And cut off half my driveway and a corner of my new property.  As per my realtor and the lawyer.  I get to call local sheriff department and report the trespass.  I did deputy said cut the shit done and will look into the state laws for moving a survey marker.  Maybe theft, i dont know. So my options are drag his ass to court or sell my new home cause i could've stayed in California for this shit. Or xxxxx? Whats the call?
View Quote

Mega Bonus Points for new Florida man from California. This ought to be good.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So my options are drag his ass to court or sell my new home
View Quote

So, going over there and engaging in a civil discussion is right out?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Have a fresh survey in my hand. Dude is a dick and pulled some shit. Local deputy said cut his gay flags and wave. I just bought the damn place...shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

english, do you speak it?

why did you waste your time calling a realtor? you need a surveyor. survey the property, get the notarized prints, and take the fucker to court. marker doesn't mean shit, the notarized survey report does.

So you are saying that the reason you called a realtor over this, is because you just recently purchased the place (the realtor handled the sale), and the neighbor is challenging your ownership of a portion of the property you just bought?

ETA: I see this has been clarified.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The first person I call when my neighbors are putting flags in my driveway is my realtor as well.
View Quote

I mean, who wouldn't?!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Lmao he called his realtor.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wanna borrow a toilet?
View Quote

Did we end up determining that this is some yankee ritual for establishing property lines?

I think that was the direction things were heading, but I lost track of the discussion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have a Captain Crunch decoder ring.
Also, you should stop typing shit out on your PlaySkool Keyboard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Bro, layoff the energy drinks before you stroke out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Half? That's unpossible
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
So the neighbor actually dug up a survey marker?  Aren't these usually 4-5' long pieces of rebar sunk in place?

I'd take a camera and photographically document the signs of digging where it originally was (as of yesterday) and where he put it. Be sure to include some mid-range photos that show the area or include other landmarks to locate the digging.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Hans....

get the realtor on the phone
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lmao he called his realtor.
View Quote

To be fair when I had a property dispute with my previous neighbor, they called my realtor. And then the realtors brokerage, and then the title company, and then the previous owner's realtor. To complain about me and what they found when they trespassed on my 2 acres and opened a connex and started going though boxes of my stuff.  

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have had game cameras and gotten their pics and then filed a police report for a stolen SBR out of the connex
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK California dude, take everything he put on your property and chuck it on his property. If the neighbor protest you doing this call the local law enforcement.

Not your realtor.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#25]
OP did you let your speech therapist know about your situation as well?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Move out to the country in the middle of the woods then, fuck neighbors.
I don't understand the desire to live 10 feet away from a bunch of A-holes in a neighborhood.
View Quote

The thing is, if you live in town on a postage stamp lot, you have no more than 5 neighbors.

Move to the country, and, last time I counted, we have 13-14 other neighbors whose property adjoins ours. The chance that any one neighbor is a jerk goes down slightly but the total number of jerk neighbors goes up significantly.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I tried to understand your post , but I'm fucking lost.
View Quote

It reads like English and I speak English, but I don't understand what I'm reading.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think it was something along the lines of OP came home from work and discovered that his neighbor had moved his trashcans and put flags marking where he thought the property line was, instead of where OP thinks it is (and OP's driveway implies it is).

The possibility of the neighbor having moved a survey marker seems to have been brought up, which could make things interesting (not a smart thing to do), and OP is probably going to end up in court with his neighbor.
View Quote

If you are as good at translating Ebonics, I predict a bright future for you in The New America…
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

To be fair when I had a property dispute with my previous neighbor, they called my realtor. And then the realtors brokerage, and then the title company, and then the previous owner's realtor. To complain about me and what they found when they trespassed on my 2 acres and opened a connex and started going though boxes of my stuff.  

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have had game cameras and gotten their pics and then filed a police report for a stolen SBR out of the connex
View Quote

Say wut?! This sounds like a much more interesting story than the OP's.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You thought this was an issue that required the involvement of a fucking armed representative of the government?

View Quote

That is what we pay them for, to keep the peace.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Are you sure those aren’t flags for a stake out? Is anyone digging or doing utility work in the area? If that’s not the case and you have a good survey put your marker back where it was, And go talk to your neighbor and inform him that he trespassed and it won’t happen again..
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Dude just moved from California but had Florida man dialect down already.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Was this thread started by an over excited 12 year old boy who just saw his first boobie?
View Quote

There's boobies!

Where?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So the neighbor actually dug up a survey marker?  Aren't these usually 4-5' long pieces of rebar sunk in place?

I'd take a camera and photographically document the signs of digging where it originally was (as of yesterday) and where he put it. Be sure to include some mid-range photos that show the area or include other landmarks to locate the digging.
View Quote

He might think a partially buried quart jug full of concrete is a survey marker, but it's not a pin.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#38]
For whatever it's worth, it's a crime, in most states, to move boundary/corner markers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone able to translate Floridaman to English?
View Quote

That Rosetta stone has yet to be discovered.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My cat found a snake in the yard. She played with it until she got bored. It wasn't even a contest. Have fun, OP.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Am I having a seizure?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you are as good at translating Ebonics, I predict a bright future for you in The New America…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was something along the lines of OP came home from work and discovered that his neighbor had moved his trashcans and put flags marking where he thought the property line was, instead of where OP thinks it is (and OP's driveway implies it is).

The possibility of the neighbor having moved a survey marker seems to have been brought up, which could make things interesting (not a smart thing to do), and OP is probably going to end up in court with his neighbor.

Ebonics?  Nope.

I do have some work related experience in interpreting government gibberish, but I'm probably as lost as most people, when it comes to Ebonics.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and it seems to not involve translation.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Am I drunk? Are you drunk?
View Quote
Are we all fucking drunk... maybe I need to be to understand that shit..
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I have no idea what OP say.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#46]
What exactly can your realtor do?  Last person I'd thunk is on a list to handle that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So I get home and my trash cans are moved and flags cutting out half my my driveway and a corner of my property.  So i back in and call my realtor and was advised call the sheriff department asap. So i did, guy has no clue how stuff works in Florida..lol. deputy said trash that crap and got real intrested when they dig up a marker. His words its civil,  bit nail his ass on moving a marker and cut that crap down...lol.  this old boy is about to piss me off
View Quote

Great composition and it tells the whole story in a clear, concise manner!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#49]
sorry, i don't speak florida man.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Post fail! No ms paint.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top